• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deathcraze said:
As for Miranda, it's amazing they could make her look so weird considering who the face was scanned from. They shouldn't have had her hair so dark for a start, it looks really bad in game and lacking any detail.

From what I understand, she was originally going to be blonde, but they changed it to accommodate "femme fatale characteristics" or something like that, don't have the exact quote.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jarmel said:
Err no. They stated pretty obviously throughout ME2 why. Mordin on his loyalty mission states that humans are amazingly diverse in that one human could react to a situation in a completely different manner than another human unlike Asari or Krogans. Our generic diversity was unique in comparison to any other alien species.
And that doesn't strike you as an incredibly annoying "humans are special!!" explanation?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The_Technomancer said:
And that doesn't strike you as an incredibly annoying "humans are special!!" explanation?

I don't know why they bothered to claim humans are special at all, frankly.

Angry Fork

Ickman3400 said:
2 was ok as a game, meaning it was more playable than 1 but 1 had a better story by default (since it actually had a story). They also couldn't strip any more rpg elements away if they tried, so it fails there as well. I got into this to play a space rpg trilogy, not a bro shooter trilogy.
+1

Lothars said:
Yeah and 2 had a pretty good story and it is an RPG trilogy, ME3 will have more of the RPG elements back like it should but ME2 is still just as good of a game as ME1 even with the less RPG elements.

@ Bolded, we don't know this. People are worried because they might keep it exactly as ME2 was and make it even more about set pieces and linear run-to-boxes-for-cover-around-every-corner bullshit.

ME2 made the combat more fluid, yippeee, but at the expense of everything else that was awesome from ME1. Sorry but planet exploration (with some civilizations this time) is a must for me. And i'm not talking about no shitty hammerhead linear vehicle-combat fest. If the exploration from ME1 isn't back in 3 i'm not getting this game, i'll watch a walkthrough on youtube for the rest of the story.

The only thing RPG about ME2 is the damn dialogue tree's and even that is incredibly boring as shit (everything is obviously positive or negative, there's rarely any choices that challenge you to decide what's the best one for a particular situation.) They need to bring back skill points that have a real effect on your gameplay and so on. You could let the game automatically do everything for you in ME2 and you'd be playing in a similar fashion as anyone who tried to tailor their own character. You can't do shit in ME2 that you want to do without some automated feature fucking it up or telling you you can't.

And other than that they need to bring back story obviously but I doubt that'll be that much of a problem in 3. I understand that part 2 was essentially a character introduction-fest and a bridge to part 3. It's a shame that it can't stand on it's own but oh well.

Does anyone know generally when stores/ups sends out the GI's? Are they already being shipped?

I like reading it before all the leaks.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
WanderingWind said:
I don't know why they bothered to claim humans are special at all, frankly.

Worry about people not connecting enough to the universe unless there are humans everywhere.
Same reason they thought no one would want to have sex with Garrus (im serious)

Kyoufu

Did you guys forget Shepard is human? Humans like her are the reason why Reapers have a hard on for our race.

Kitschkraft said:
From what I understand, she was originally going to be blonde, but they changed it to accommodate "femme fatale characteristics" or something like that, don't have the exact quote.

11qr8es.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
HK-47 said:
Worry about people not connecting enough to the universe unless there are humans everywhere.
It bugged me enough how humans got treated in ME1, but I put up with it because the story was ...decent, and the universe was cool. Skipped ME2 not because of the gameplay shifts but because everyone says the story goes nowhere.
ME3 I'm holding off until I hear what other people say. If it actually does have a good story then I'll play through both 2 and 3.

FINALBOSS said:
I'd rather ME3 be more like ME2.

I would too in terms of combat, but there's no reason why they can't add a bunch of rpg stuff around it. Also with the story, that was also unaffected by the combat improvement but they just chose to ignore it. If they would get off this idea that everything has to go instead of being improved they could make the perfect ME game.

Lol the male shepard haters.

I have my face done as shepard, but im not going over and over buah buah buah, why is not shepard in the ads.
Fem shepard is overhyped, and I usually play with females in games when they give me the opportunity.
I like the voice of Mark Meer *shrugs*

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
HK-47 said:

When my FemShep started flirting with him (I couldn't expect this in my worst nightmare) I stopped the dialogue and never visited the engine room again. The horror...

Kitschkraft said:
I agree her hair was an awful mix with her face. Something was definitely off about her face.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
subversus said:
When my FemShep started flirting with him (I couldn't expect this in my worst nightmare) I stopped the dialogue and never visited the engine room again. The horror...

You dont have to flirt with him, you know...

RoninChaos said:
I never actually saw what this dude looks like. They did a much better job with his face than with Miranda's.
They probably did not intent do match Yvonne. That guy is not the voice actor of male shepard - and it's common for artist directors to look through models ect. to find a look they want.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
HK-47 said:
You dont have to flirt with him, you know...

I was afraid because you never know with this dialogue wheel... and consequences could be too grave.

Manager said:
I guess it makes sense being UE3 and all, hair issues etc.

Not a lot of dudes in the military sporting a perm or rat tail. But, yeah, hair is tough to render convincingly still, too.

Stoked for this, I need to go back and play the latest ME2 DLC once I finish Witcher.

Patryn

Darknessbear said:
They probably did not intent do match Yvonne. That guy is not the voice actor of male shepard - and it's common for artist directors to look through models ect. to find a look they want.

Miranda originally looked quite different, but when they cast Yvonne they actually did scan her face, so, yes, Miranda is supposed to look like her.

Sebulon3k said:
You should at least give female Shepherd one play through, seeing as how you've played the game over 10 times.
But that's not Sherpard to me. It would feel like playing the game with a completely different character, which I really don't want to.

Sinoox

Banned
Gravijah said:
That is a terrible cover. Why not just have all the shit goin' on behind him without GIANT CHARACTER RENDER all in front of it?

It's just trying to be consistent with Bioware's horrible game covers .

Man, I still haven't even beaten the first Mass Effect. I've got to get to work.

I would give Femshep a playthrough to see that all the hype is about but that comic still isn't on the Xbox version so I can't import a save. And no way in hell am I playing through ME1 again, after playing ME2 going through the first game wasn't fun.

Lunchbox said:
earth is the only one with sexy people

TYuNo.jpg
IAA6N.jpg
If only default shep was as attractive as the image on the right.

Zeal said:
it's not even that. i just don't understand why men love playing as females in games. it's digital cross-dressing, imo.

Because they don't really believe they are Shepard?

Just because you associate your self with a digital avatar doesn't mean everyone else does.

.GqueB.

Banned
Pinzer said:
this series' focus on humans is starting to get really old
Thats the whole point of the series. Humans are thought of as "young" in the intergalactic game. The first game was about proving themselves, the second game was establishing themselves further, the third game will obviously move this idea forward even more. Im assuming that the earth will be attacked and there will be a multi species push to assist them. If they didnt do something like this it really wouldnt make much sense because thats where the narrative is clearly going.

Humans are the John McClane of the Galaxy. You doubt him, ignore him and question him until he proves himself. And once he does, the whole thing really becomes all about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom