• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTyson

Banned
jackcgi8.jpg

Say wha?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Goddamn, I just hope they don't bring the whole REVIVED BY A WIZZURD mindset from DA over to ME3 cause I need Jack to stay dead. Both gone and forgotten, they way she should be.

That reminds me, I have to make sure she dies when I get my save ready for the PC version. Everyone else is cool, though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lothars said:
Or it may happen that it's not where the final battle will be, We don't have enough information yet but I really hope it's not where the final battle is.

I just hope they come up with a better final boss this time. The T-800 from ME2 was really bad. The shitty icing on a turd cake of a story.

It will be interesting to see how the niggles with ME2 and the brutal reaction to DA2 affect their marketing of the game.

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
Goddamn, I just hope they don't bring the whole REVIVED BY A WIZZURD mindset over to ME3 cause I need Jack to stay dead. Both gone and forgotten, they way she should be.

That reminds me, I have to make sure she dies when I get my save ready for the PC version. Everyone else is cool, though.

Ah, damn it. My save is on the 360 and I don't wanna play ME3 there. Maybe I'll double dip on the PS3 version but it won't be the saaaaaaame. Guess I'll suck it up and play the 360 version. Sniffle.

I would assume we're taking down Harbinger at some point. If he's not the "leader" of the reapers he certainly seems to be the loud, douchey mouthpiece.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
Ah, damn it. My save is on the 360 and I don't wanna play ME3 there. Maybe I'll double dip on the PS3 version but it won't be the saaaaaaame. Guess I'll suck it up and play the 360 version. Sniffle.

You have no choice.

Even if the ME1 save didn't make a drastic difference in 2, it's just not the same without it. Doesn't it default to Carth surviving the big decision in ME1? That alone is unacceptable.

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
You have no choice.

Even if the ME1 save didn't make a drastic difference in 2, it's just not the same without it. Doesn't it default to Carth surviving the big decision in ME1? That alone is unacceptable.

See, I didn't get to play ME2 with my ME1 save file on the 360, either. If I double dipped on ME2, I'd get to make all those decisions again... Hmm.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
See, I didn't get to play ME2 with my ME1 save file on the 360, either. If I double dipped on ME2, I'd get to make all those decisions again... Hmm.

I think I would go with PS3 then, once the PS3 version drops in price a bit. At least with the digital comic you can do most of that stuff (in a fraction of the time), and that way you'll be all set to play the 3rd game on yo lovely PS3.

Still, it'll be nice to be able to do full ME trilogy marathons in the future.

MikeTyson

Banned
Snuggler said:
Goddamn, I just hope they don't bring the whole REVIVED BY A WIZZURD mindset from DA over to ME3 cause I need Jack to stay dead. Both gone and forgotten, they way she should be.

WHA?! Love the sassy Jack.

MikeTyson

Banned
Snuggler said:
I think I would go with PS3 then, once the PS3 version drops in price a bit. At least with the digital comic you can do most of that stuff (in a fraction of the time), and that way you'll be all set to play the 3rd game on yo lovely PS3.

Still, it'll be nice to be able to do full ME trilogy marathons in the future.

Exactly.
I really can't play a ME2 playthrough w/out going through Mass Effect original err..

Jarmel said:
How do we know that hasn't already happened? Earth being attacked could happen mid-game.

Also from a gameplay position, this would be a horrible idea. Without the ME relays it would take years to get from system to system.

Seriously wait till the game comes out and we know what happens in what order before ripping Bioware apart.

It can't possibly have happened otherwise there's no way Shepard could rally help in time. It takes 2 years to cross the galaxy using MEverse FTL speeds of 12 ly/day. You'll still be using relay travel, ergo the relays cannot have been shut down, ergo the Citadel was not taken.

megalowho

They're playing up the "Shepard on Earth" angle exactly the way they played up the "Shepard is Dead" angle for ME2. I'm not worried one bit about marketing ruining this game for me. Bring on the real info!

Marleyman

Banned
Wiggum2007 said:
I think this plot twist could work.

Why not? She needs a super Terminator human to finally take over Panau. Rico and Shepard would then team up to take on the Reapuhs and save Earth but level Panau in the process.

notworksafe

Lunchbox said:
Male shepard is canon

female users might as well be playing some fan fiction
Renegade Shepard is also canon. Hope you don't play Paragon.

Also I play default Male Shep, but I renamed him Jack because of Lost.

Mindlog

Besides the Tali Fleshlight-Legion Vibrator I wonder what's going to be in the non-Collectors Collector's Edition.

I'm hoping for either an Urz plushie or two hits of ecstacy and some glow sticks.

The only canon Sheppard is a blue mist that shoots people and batarians in the face with shotguns.

Neki

notworksafe said:
Renegade Shepard is also canon. Hope you don't play Paragon.

Also I play default Male Shep, but I renamed him Jack because of Lost.

I don't get why Renegade Shepard would be canon, so weird.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ultimoo said:

Wrex dead is canon. So is Rachni and Council. So the two best characters from 1 are dead in canon.

Fucking Bioware.

notworksafe

Ultimoo said:
Yeah never made sense to me either. I prefer my ME2 universe much more, thank you.

Also I hope Kasumi and Zaeed make it in somehow, as I like where their characters started. Too bad Bioware never added real conversations for them.

Ickman3400 said:
I would too in terms of combat, but there's no reason why they can't add a bunch of rpg stuff around it. Also with the story, that was also unaffected by the combat improvement but they just chose to ignore it. If they would get off this idea that everything has to go instead of being improved they could make the perfect ME game.

See I just want them to add more variety in weapons, more customization and more skills and i'd be happy. Maybe more armor but that's a maybe since I'm fine with the N7 armor. I don't mind changing it's colors. It's at least somewhat of an improvement over ME1s copy/paste armor/weapons. God that was disappointing and I sure as hell doubt bioware would improve it. I'd rather not take my chances of it being horribly broken.

I loved ME2 but man that story and most the side quests were pretty meh. The whole humans are special annoys me.

samdavis

Neo Member
AlimNassor said:
I loved ME2 but man that story and most the side quests were pretty meh. The whole humans are special annoys me.

After playing through the first half of the 'Shadow Broker' DLC (about to finish the rest of it now), I can only imagine what they could've done if the 2nd ME had more of a city-based story arc. That
cab chase through the city
showed a ton of potential for a really cool noir-esque style game dealing with the seedy underbelly of Illium (or someplace like it).

Instead we barely ever got to see the outside of any place. Always w/ the corridors and boxes. And the ****ing money and random minerals lying around. Can they stop with that and figure out another way to collect palladium (or do away with the need for it altogether)? I almost felt like I had to investigate everything they'd point me towards and it'd always end up with me basically stealing credits from every place I went to.

Jenga

Banned
they should bomb earth and the decisions of shep influence how humanity survives without a homeworld

paragon: honky-dorey love time
renegade: human dominance as we leave our ruined planet to seek control over the lesser bitch races

Gravijah said:

I probably should punch myself for asking this, but what's the problem with the Xbox360 version? I wasn't aware that there was a big difference.

Grisby

professor_t said:
I probably should punch myself for asking this, but what's the problem with the Xbox360 version? I wasn't aware that there was a big difference.

There's nothing wrong with the 360 one. Ps3 one is on one disc and has all of the DLC.

I hope to up the awesome in ME2, every fight in 3 is a fight with the Contra Repear. All while some rocking music is rocking up the game.

Gravijah

professor_t said:

None at all. I've just been moving towards having my PS3 as my "main" system.

Grisby said:
There's nothing wrong with the 360 one. Ps3 one is on one disc and has all of the DLC.

And that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Rahxephon91 said:
I hope to up the awesome in ME2, every fight in 3 is a fight with the Contra Repear. All while some rocking music is rocking up the game.

I want him to be a recruitable (and romancable) party member.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What makes me sad is that Earth likely won't look like anything present in the art book. Why'd you have to let me down, Hudson.

itxaka

Defeatist
HK-47 said:
Wrex dead is canon. So is Rachni and Council. So the two best characters from 1 are dead in canon.

Fucking Bioware.

Wait, The Rachni queen being dead is canon? WTF noooo. It was one of the best parts of the first game :(

ameratsu

Zeal said:
it's not even that. i just don't understand why men love playing as females in games. it's digital cross-dressing, imo.

I'm sorry but... what?

Why do you think it's strange that men might enjoy playing female characters? That's like saying it's weird that men like to read books with female protagonists.

In the case of Mass Effect, playing a space-marine who is on a mission to save the galaxy from diabolical, super advanced sentient species isn't weird, but fulfilling the same role as a girl is? Gotcha.

Lime

Lyphen said:
What makes me sad is that Earth likely won't look like anything present in the art book. Why'd you have to let me down, Hudson.

I actually think Hudson has his heart at the right place. A lot of his fingerprints in terms of decisions are on Mass Effect 1, such as 70's/80's sci-fi atmosphere and world (see the Making of Mass Effect 1). Thing is, he is working for the Doctors/Bioware/EA, who want dat COD level of sales. So we'll get that corridor set-piece explosions while travelling space and fucking the entire crew.

gdt

Amir0x said:
Cum to me Mass Effect 3!

Mmm. Fuck Mass Effect 2 was so good. Can't wait to see this one play out

Yep.

ME2 is probably in my Top 5, EVER.

So yeah, cum on to me ME3.

Patryn

itxaka said:
Wait, The Rachni queen being dead is canon? WTF noooo. It was one of the best parts of the first game :(

Yep. Canon has Shepard killing pretty much every single person he can kill in ME1. He's a stone-cold bastard, that Renegade Earthborn Sole Survivor Soldier MaleShep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom