• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DaBuddaDa said:
Bioware said that in their game tracking metrics 20% play female and 80% play male. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, it's clear WHY they do it (who wants to play a game with some gurl), but I'll never like seeing generic male Shep plastered over everything. Only freaks play as male Shepard.

Anyways, it's too bad that gameinformer has first dibs on any big console reveal but whatever, I want this game and I would like to know more about it. Love both games and want more ASAP.

bengraven

Lunchbox said:
TYuNo.jpg

Wrex.

DSC09743.jpg

Shepard.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So what day should I dedicate to searching the interwebs for scans?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
So what day should I dedicate to searching the interwebs for scans?

If lucky? Tomorow. Thinking more on the real lines? The weekend.

Darklord

Banned
Kinyou said:
EARTH, FINALLY!

Yes, because when you have an entire imaginative galaxy to fly around, lets visit Earth. :|

I swear if Earth takes up more than 5% of this game I'm gonna be annoyed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ZombieFred said:
If lucky? Tomorow. Thinking more on the real lines? The weekend.

Tomorrow is too far away.

Gravijah said:
It's ME3. This isn't some obscure Japanese game. The scans will be urrwhere.

But, like, maybe everybody will stop caring about Mass Effect and it will become some super niche game overnight and I'll have to delve into the depth of 4chan just to get grainy low res scans of half an image.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Darklord said:
Yes, because when you have an entire imaginative galaxy to fly around, lets visit Earth. :|

I swear if Earth takes up more than 5% of this game I'm gonna be annoyed.

Earth will do as a final level.

Dennis

Banned
Good God, the Mass Effect threads always get so stange and creepy with all the usual suspects rambling about FemSheps and who is doing what to whom in the strange alternative reality Mass Effect universe that exists only in their own head.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
Tomorrow is too far away.

But, like, maybe everybody will stop caring about Mass Effect and it will become some super niche game overnight and I'll have to delve into the depth of 4chan just to get grainy low res scans of half an image.

Nope, tomorrow it's gonna be like Kotaku: CHECK OUT THESE NEW MASS EFFECT 3 SCANS FROM GAME INFORMER!

DennisK4 said:
Good God, the Mass Effect threads always get so stange and creepy with all the usual suspects rambling about FemSheps and who is doing what to whom in the strange alternative reality Mass Effect universe that exists only in their own head.

I don't want to hear from you with your ugly avatar.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, the more explorable planets the better, but I'm down with visiting earth. I've wanted to do so since the first game, it'll be pretty neat to see what's up with Urf in the ME universe. I'm OK with that, all I want is for more explorable planets outside of the main missions. It always drives me crazy to go through the planets and see that 95% of them can't be visited, so must wasted potential.

shame on you

Dennis

Banned
Gravijah said:
Nope, tomorrow it's gonna be like Kotaku: CHECK OUT THESE NEW MASS EFFECT 3 SCANS FROM GAME INFORMER!

But it is Bronze God Geralt...the pretty version...

How can you hate?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Mass Effect brings out the crazy in everyone. Bioware created a monster on playing with people's emotions with this title and they damn love doing it. This thread is prove enough.

.GqueB.

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
But that's not Sherpard to me. It would feel like playing the game with a completely different character, which I really don't want to.
Yuod be playing with a better character really. Better design, better voice acting, more authorative.

Male Shep sounds like some arse from the IT department.

subversus said:

It will be like this, GAF.

Shepard on trial at Earth.
Sneaks out of holding cell with Liara's help.
Let's get the team back, Liara!
Said team is back
Wrex
Shepard
We've gotta get back to Earth in time!
Are you a bad enough dude to save the President?
President is Miranda's father
Insert Disc 2
Searching for match

Darklord

Banned
subversus said:

Ugh. I hope not. That means Earth will have some magical deus ex machina crap. No thanks. It would be cool to end up in dark space where they reside or something like that.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Darklord said:
Ugh. I hope not. That means Earth will have some magical deus ex machina crap. No thanks. It would be cool to end up in dark space where they reside or something like that.

Ugh, dark space. Like stars and darkness? Where are vistas and shit?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Darklord said:

The key to saving the universe can only be found here [points to heart].

Darklord said:

Finale will involve those Prothean prototype mini mass relays. Count on it!

Probably lead to a planet that just so happens to have tech that can stop or disable the Reapahs!

samdavis

Neo Member
Dilly said:
How does the focus on earth still come to a surprise to some?

It's not like the whole game is going to take place on earth.

They're really playing up the Earth angle in all of the promotional material though. And if it does take place all on Earth, I really hope that they go all out with designing some badass futuristic versions of major cities (and actually allow us to see them like you could in the 'Shadow Broker' DLC w/ the cab chase).

Kurtofan said:
I understand this point of view, but who actually wants to see the Citadel attacked again?

That's the plot of the first game, now it's the third one.

If the Reapers are employing their normal (as in, they've been doing this in the exact same way since the dawn of time perhaps) course of attack, that's where they HAVE to go. Judging from the reactions of every single other alien race to the humans, we're not the most advanced species, and we're not the most important either. Silly "humans are the most diverse" plot device aside, coming after our planet for any reason other than revenge (stupid) doesn't make sense.

Now, what they could've done is (and this is obviously impossible) not taken the direction that they did with ME2 when they introduced the Reapers. Why introduce this massive Prothean storyline, throw in bits about their base on Mars leading to the human races development, clues about them observing early man, etc., and then just throw that out the window? Maybe they should've looked into making more than three game in story arc. If they hadn't been directed to do so by EA, I think a bit more exploration and world-building was in order.

Angry Fork said:
ME2 made the combat more fluid, yippeee, but at the expense of everything else that was awesome from ME1. Sorry but planet exploration (with some civilizations this time) is a must for me.

I think that it'll be pretty tough for them work that into a story that should carry a "race to save the world" tone. The exploration of unknown worlds seems like it would carry with it a more subdued and calm pace. It would just seem out of place if they tried to randomly throw that in there when from the very beginning of the game (presumably), we gotta stop the Reapers from destroying the Earth. If it isn't a race against clock from the very outset, Bioware are doing it wrong (based on where they've been taking things since the end of ME1 -- which was also doing it wrong).

.GqueB. said:
Im assuming that the earth will be attacked and there will be a multi species push to assist them. If they didnt do something like this it really wouldnt make much sense because thats where the narrative is clearly going.

Yup, and they seriously effed up w/ that one.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So much venom, so little actual information.

ProtoCents said:
It will be like this, GAF.

Shepard on trial at Earth.
Sneaks out of holding cell with Liara's help.
Let's get the team back, Liara!
Said team is back
Wrex
Shepard
We've gotta get back to Earth in time!
Are you a bad enough dude to save the President?
President is Miranda's father
Insert Disc 2
Searching for match

I fucking spit my drink at "searching for match"

Neki

I never see any of you guys in the mass effect 2 OT, where do you guys disappear to for weeks on end?

Patryn

I can't believe people seriously believe the climax will take place anywhere else BUT Earth.

They're practically telegraphing the fact that the final showdown with whatever poor excuse for a final boss Bioware whips up will occur in the ruins of some major Earth city.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Proposed Law said:

Still would since she has a rockin' body.

I've always imagined her to have a face like a crawdad, all hard and scaly with tentacles and shit.

samdavis

Neo Member
Ultimoo said:
but we can all complain happily in there. :p

Any thread with "Mass Effect" in the title, will be complained in. My whining shall not be restricted to one thread (I've got far too much of it to fit in there anyway).

Patryn said:
They're practically telegraphing the fact that the final showdown with whatever poor excuse for a final boss Bioware whips up will occur in the ruins of some major Earth city.

I can't wait to see what that is. Mainly because I don't see any way that it won't be completely contrived and absolutely terrible. They kind of saved themselves with getting rid of the human reaper in ME2, but what a corner they've backed themselves into now...

Lothars

Patryn said:
I can't believe people seriously believe the climax will take place anywhere else BUT Earth.

Or it may happen that it's not where the final battle will be, We don't have enough information yet but I really hope it's not where the final battle is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom