• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Lostconfused said:
What? Only a few people even bothered to comment on the image. Most of these pages are filled with your standard complaining about mass effect.

A lot of people have knee-jerk responses when Mass Effect comes up.

I count myself among these people.

Lothars

Patryn said:
So far everything we've seen as relates to ME3 is all "EARTH IS UNDER ATTACK" in a blatant attempt to tug at player's heartstrings despite the fact, as this thread has explained, it's about the worst fucking plan every conceived.

You keep saying this. I don't think good means what you think it means. Unless you mean half-assed and practically non-existent.

Yes, you keep saying that it doesn't and does it mean your right, no it's each of our opinions but I can see you don't like ME2 and I do, I think it's just as good as ME1 and the story's are comparable just told differently.

Lothars said:
Yeah and 2 had a pretty good story and it is an RPG trilogy, ME3 will have more of the RPG elements back like it should but ME2 is still just as good of a game as ME1 even with the less RPG elements.

I keep failing to see what you're talking about. ME2 had almost no central story at all. You're dealing with collectors, which by itself is a sidetrack from the main plot, but you're only dealing with them for 3 missions or so. Everything else is running around doing side quests for party members.

and it also can't be a rpg trilogy when potentially only 2 games are a rpg.

“Quarian; considered due to cybernetic augmentation, weakened immune system too debilitating.”
“Drell; useless, insufficient numbers.”
“Human; viable possibility, aggression factor useful if controlled.”
“Asari; reliance upon alien species for reproduction shows genetic weakness.”
“Salarian; insufficient lifespan, fragile genetic structure.”
“Human; viable possibility, impressive genetic malleability.”
“Geth; an annoyance, limited utility.”
“Human; viable possibility, impressive technical potential.”
“Human; viable possibility, if emotional drives are subjugated.”
“Human; viable possibility, great biotic potential.”
“Krogan; sterilised race, potential wasted.”
“Turian; you are considered...too primitive.”

Bolded = Why?

Zeal

Banned
Gravijah said:
Why are people even arguing? It's fact that FemShep is the best. Not even worth wasting breath over.
it's not even that. i just don't understand why men love playing as females in games. it's digital cross-dressing, imo.

CrazyDude

Ickman3400 said:
Shutting down the heart of the galaxy where most of the money and communications are is not exactly irrelevant. I know they want to avoid repeating things, but if you're crippling a galaxy you go with the thing that will actually cripple it

Losing Earth would suck for humans, but who fucking cares in the rest of the galaxy? They went on fine for like 2 thousand years without us.
They can't do anything with the citadel since the keepers don't react to them anymore.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zeal said:
it's not even that. i just don't understand why men love playing as females in games. it's digital cross-dressing, imo.

Better VA? So can I not play any game with a female lead cause its digital crossdressing?

Chinner

Banned
reposting this:
2ign39t.jpg

I will say that as dumb as the Earth angle is, and as hilariously bad as the human reaper was, the entire premise of the series since the opening minutes of ME1 was defining the role of humanity in the galaxy through your actions as the archetypal man (or fem). So the stupidity has been pretty consistent, imo.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Zeal said:

Well, that's your problem, isn't it? You think everybody playing Metroid is a secret transvestite, or what? What a silly position.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CrazyDude said:
They can't do anything with the citadel since the keepers don't react to them anymore.

Besides take control of the station and override the original override.

Patryn said:
A lot of people have knee-jerk responses when Mass Effect comes up.

I count myself among these people.
Same here. I am just saying we are at 6 pages now not because of a new image but because a new mass effect thread is an excuse to whine about mass effect some more.

Patryn

Crewnh said:
“Quarian; considered due to cybernetic augmentation, weakened immune system too debilitating.”

Bolded = Why?

It's also total BS, as Asari can procreate with other Asari. Bioware just needed a bullshit reason to justify their whole "HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR!" theme.

You know...that reminds me....

Picture32.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lostconfused said:
Same here. I am just saying we are at 6 pages now not because of a new image but because a new mass effect thread is an excuse to whine about mass effect some more.

Its fun!

Gravijah

Zeal said:

999% of the time the females are designed better

also, cross dressing is fun.

Chinner said:
reposting this:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ign39t.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

missin' dem teefuses

MechaX

Zeal said:

I know you're most likely going to get major flak from this, but this is a pretty silly position. Some people just play as Female Shepard because they find her VA to be better. Yeah, it's not Jennifer Hale's best performance by a long shot, but some like her performance more than Meer's. Plus, it adds a bit of variety to have a female lead when considering that 99% of gaming leads are DudeBros.

Patryn said:
It's also total BS, as Asari can procreate with other Asari. Bioware just needed a bullshit reason to justify their whole "HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR!" theme.

If anything, it shows psychological or cultural weakness (which is something I highly doubt the Reapers really care about, with them being so far beyond our comprehension, as Sovereign boasts). I still can't wrap my head around the Turian comment, though.

Shake Appeal said:
I will say that as dumb as the Earth angle is, and as hilariously bad as the human reaper was, the entire premise of the series since the opening minutes of ME1 was defining the role of humanity in the galaxy through your actions as the archetypal man (or fem). So the stupidity has been pretty consistent, imo.
Well actually more like the end of the first game. It started with humanity trying to fit in with the galactic community. It ended with "We are in charge bitches! Fall in line or get the fuck out!" and they ran with it after that.

Zeal

Banned
no, playing a female when the story demands it is understandable, because that's the way the story is meant to be experienced. i just don't understand that when given a choice between the two sexes in games, men usually choose to be female. it's kinda like how 90% of the so-called females on WoW or other MMOs are actually male. all i'm saying is i usually don't see girls choosing to play as male characters if given the choice.

people also get really offended when you call them out on it for some reason, too.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Zeal said:
no, playing a female when the story demands it is understandable, because that's the way the story is meant to be experienced. i just don't understand that when given a choice between the two sexes in games, men usually choose to be female. it's kinda like how 90% of the so-called females on WoW or other MMOs are actually male. all i'm saying is i usually don't see girls choosing to play as male characters if given the choice.

people also get really offended when you call them out on it for some reason, too.

You don't understand because you have some odd hangup that only applies to certain games. Then you also do not understand how people get offended when you equate playing a female character in a game to cross-dressing.

You do not seem to understand a lot that goes on.

itxaka

Defeatist
Crewnh said:

Bolded = Why?

uh, what is that list from? Don't tell me it's Bioware's please, just don't tell me that is their justification for humans being special.

Yvonne is hot, Miranda is not.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide pale dough-face is ugly.

I thought they were pretty close, miranda has bigger boobs thought.
QSguy.jpg

Zeal said:

When you phrase it like

Zeal said:

It makes you sound like a giant fucking ass hole. So you shouldn't be too surprised why anyone would be offended.

itxaka said:
uh, what is that list from? Don't tell me it's Bioware's please, just don't tell me that is their justification for humans being special.
I think its Harbingers dialog. There is a youtube video with all of it recorded.

Zeal

Banned
Pinzer said:
this series' focus on humans is starting to get really old
i really agree with this. i'm going to be completely bummed as hell if most of the game takes place on earth. and if most of the game actually takes place in a specific region on earth--aka Dragon Age II--a great series has been destroyed.

CrazyDude

Zeal said:
i really agree with this. i'm going to be completely bumbed as hell if most of the game takes place on earth. and if most of the game actually takes place in a specific region on earth--aka Dragon Age II--a great series has been destroyed.
I doubt that, it is more likly you will spend most of your time on Alien worlds.

Lothars

itxaka said:

The List from what I understand is what Harbinger says when your fighting against him in ME2.

Edit: Beaten but here's the youtube video that was talked about

Harbinger Voice

The info about the list starts around 1:20

Kyoufu

itxaka said:

I thought they were pretty close, miranda has bigger boobs thought.
QSguy.jpg

Its an awesome justification actually, and when you look at how ME2 played out, Humans > all races.

As for Miranda, she looks like Michael Jackson ;(

itxaka

Defeatist
Gravijah said:
no, not close at all

You wouldn't fap with Miranda? That is the real test.

The List from what I understand is what Harbinger says when your fighting against him in ME2.

Ugh, my brain must have erased all memories from ME2. No wonder I am replaying it right now to see if I can make sense of anything :S

The only thing I can remember is "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL" and the terminator at the end.

CrazyDude

Darknessbear said:
Holy shit, so negative. When I saw the cover I was so pumped! WOOO ME3!

Quit complaining about every damn thing.
GAF hates everything eventually.

Patryn said:
So when are GIs on newsstands? I think this'll be the first copy I ever buy.
Subscribers will get it in a few days, so for you, maybe a week or so.

I'll be excited if the story features some information we don't already know yet.

I also hope the multiplayer component is a separate game entirely. I don't need some shitty tacked on mode that everyone will abandon a few months after the game releases that will take development time away from the main game.

scarybore

ProtoCents said:
Why we still don't got female Turians?

Judging from the comics, you probably don't want to. Design sucked.

As for Miranda, it's amazing they could make her look so weird considering who the face was scanned from. They shouldn't have had her hair so dark for a start, it looks really bad in game and lacking any detail.

I'll be excited if the story features some information we don't already know yet.

It better have something, waited long enough for details other than Erf needz halp.

MechaX

Darknessbear said:
Holy shit, so negative. When I saw the cover I was so pumped! WOOO ME3!

Quit complaining about every damn thing.

Guys I'm happy. YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY TOO! *hatersgonnahategif*

CyReN

That would make a amazing wallpaper, can't believe it's coming out this year. Arrival left me wanting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom