• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guillermo del Toro confirms he will not be collaborating with Kojima on Silent Hills

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
usually games that are deleted from the store or unavailable for purchase can still be downloaded from the servers as long as you've "purchased" it and it's on your download list

Oh interesting, didn't know that.

Can't you get it from your download history?

Well i don't know, I purchased it but i'm not sure if i should risk it and wait or rush to a store tomorrow to get a PS4. :/

brau

Oh interesting, didn't know that.

Well i don't know, I purchased it but i'm not sure if i should risk it and wait or rush to a store tomorrow to get a PS4. :/

Mine still shows on my history. Just go to the browser psn store, add it to your purchases already if you had not, it should show there. Or, add it to redownload to your PS4.

lukiluk

You guys imagine in May...

PS4 on Ebay for $1000, Brand New with the Not Available Anywhere P.T Demo Installed

16664702670_d049ea7d8f_o.gif

Impala26

You guys imagine in May...

PS4 on Ebay for $1000, Brand New with the Not Available Anywhere P.T Demo Installed

Scalpers man...

They ruined the N3DS launch (At least the MM 3DS and LE) and you for sure can bet they'll find a way to make money out of this situation as well.

DeviantBoi

I wonder if Guillermo did any work on Silent Hills before the game was cancelled (or, at least, this version of the game).

If he did, does he retain ownership of that work or does it belong to Konami?

Guillermo is great at creating... well, monsters and creatures. I'd be a shame to lose his work to Konami, or, worst yet, have Konami use his work to make a sub-par Silent Hill.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mine still shows on my history. Just go to the browser psn store, add it to your purchases already if you had not, it should show there. Or, add it to redownload to your PS4.

Yeah i did that and P.T. shows up in my history but obviously i can't download it because i don't have a PS4 yet.

So yeah i guess that question remains to be seen if i can still download it after they remove it in two days.

I have a feeling i can not...

liquidtmd

Banned
Yeah i did that and P.T. shows up in my history but obviously i can't download it because i don't have a PS4 yet.

So yeah i guess that question remains to be seen if i can still download it after they remove it in two days.

I dunno, I have a feeling that should be enough for you to download it in full past the deadline of the 29th

brau

I have seen games that are removed from the store still availbale for download in my history. So maybe PT will be the same. But who knows. It seems they really want no more trace of Kojimas work anywhere haha.

Timurse

Banned
So there's a guy in my twitter feed who said that Kojima just posted this tweet and immediately deleted it. It says: "That's true, they fired me. Probably gonna work for Sony now".
ZsqvFHk.jpg

masterdragoon20

Neo Member
Ohhh Konami you were doing it right but now you killed the golden eggs goose whats else do they have MGS V is the last game for them. But silent hills was the Best next thing they could possibly have had

pants

Pity Konami takes a treasure trove of ip with them.

Let's take a moment to remember all the ip they are pissing away, many of whom I'd give my left testicle for.

Policenauts
Contra
Castlevania
Frogger
Pooyan
Hyper Olympic
Circus Charlie
Road Fighter
Gradius
Yie Ar Kung Fu
TwinBee
Goemon
Jackal
Parodius
Sunset Riders
Getsu Fuma Den
Konami World (Wai Wai World)
Salamander
Metal Gear
Snatcher
Silent Hill
Vandal Hearts
Suikoden
Pro Evo
Rush'n Attack
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
Base Wars
That fucking Penguin game Kojima worked on when he started out
Rocket Knight
Binary Land
Bomberman
This is only the stuff i care about, there's lots more, and all the licensed TMNT, MI, Looney Toons etc stuff.

All in the bushes.

liquidtmd

Banned
So there's a guy in my twitter feed who said that Kojima just posted this tweet and immediately deleted it. It says: "That's true, they fired me. Probably gonna work for Sony now".
ZsqvFHk.jpg

Interesting. Why would he randomly tweet that and a pic of MGSV at the same time though. Not convinced that Tweets legit...yet

del Toro and Kojima just need to hook up with a new publisher, come up with a game title with initials PT, and they're off to the races.

I can see from here that """Kojima's tweet""" is of a different shade of black/grey than the Wired tweet.

Fake. And an amateurish one at that.

artsi

That's not how he writes, it's clearly google translated.

Piers

Inc some western take on Silent Hill that completely and utterly misses the point of the series

I thought Shattered Memories did a great job actually. Wasn't following the blue prints of previous Silent Hill games to a boring T.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm completely cool with Norman being out of the game. I never liked the fact that he was in it in the first place. So that's at least one benefit to this whole mess.
Glad you ok with it, now we just gotta wait for the full priced cross gen Silent Hill made by the team that made Olaf Adventures on the 3DS, it'll be based on P.T, which literally consists of walking around in first person and jump scares.
Nothing good as come from this, unless they give it to Mikami

The interest & reinvigoration of the Silent Hill brand is now there thanks to P.T.

Kojima/del Toro's vision is likely done, but Konami still has an opportunity here.
Yamaoka, Ito, & Sato are all freelance. They can be hired. I believe Imamura & Tsuboyama (creative force behind SH2 & The Room) are still kicking around KCET. They might even be cast offs from KojiPro at this point.
It's no secret that a legitimate 'Team Silent' reunion could be big in the current gaming climate. Nostalgia is making a lot of interesting things happen all over the industry.

Doesn't have to be big AAA bullshit. These guys made magic with moderate budgets before.

Konami still has a play here. This doesn't have to die with Kojima & Del Toro. In fact, something even more amazing could come from this: the regrouping of key members of Team Silent.

MarionCB

The interest & reinvigoration of the Silent Hill brand is now there thanks to P.T.
Doesn't have to be big AAA bullshit. These guys made magic with moderate budgets before.

This is what I think. Silent Hill is fine as AA, as it has always been. We don't even know what the scope of Silent HIlls was, but the fact PT was just a corridor yet was so effective and satisfying makes the point. That's the legacy of PT—to show the enormous potential of this type of game, both creatively and commercially, for a relatively low investment, if done right (with passion and care). It's a good thing Reedus left in this context; SH doesn't need the expense of Hollywood actors. If Konami were smart, they'd rebuild Team Silent and give them a decent AA budget, then let them get on with it. The climate is right for AA horror games now.

Ivan

Something like P.T. could function on it's own, I think only small percentage of people that liked it and made all those videos were Silent Hill fans in the first place.

I know we probably won't get anything now, but even that would satisfy me.

Kojima with whoever wants to do it with him.

I guess he got sick of all this shit, maybe he won't even return :(.

Ironically, i think any big western publisher would give him all the freedom he wants.

You don't care but won't buy MGSV? Intredasting. For all we know Kojima may not even be the good guy in all this. Who knows what he pulled.

My point was not that I don't care that it happened, as I very obviously do. I'm saying that I don't care /why/ it happened; the damage has been done. There's nothing Konami could realistically say that would change my perspective on the situation.

ZsqvFHk.jpg

Looks like Google Translated English > japanese......... the over-use of watashi is a pretty telltale sign that someone used machine translate.

Ombala

"In addition to the 15 million a year (conservative) that Konami will save by trimming back excessive expenses in its Kojima Productions subsidiary, Konami will also save another 5 million a year by delisting from the NYSE. With MGS5 about to go on sale, these combined events should result in higher profits and an improved stock price.":
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange
But will it benefit them in the long run is the question?

Konami was such a drag. Every day they'd eat the same kind of food, dress the same, sit in front of the same kind of games... Yeah, he was just that kind of company. But then one day, he goes and kills us all! They couldn't even be original about the way they did it. I'm not complaining... I was dying of boredom anyway, But guess what? I will be coming back, and I'm bringing my new toys with me.

2thepoint

Good God.

I haven't being posting all month, but Jesus Christ, what in the holy hell is going on at Konami?

First Kojima, now Silent Hills.

I cannot believe it's gone.

latest

Top Bottom