• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas ex-mall cop advises citizens of use deadly force to defend Confederate statues.

Lombax

Banned
HOLY FUCK! you can use deadly force to protect property!?!?!?! That is fucking nonsense.

At least in my state when it comes to use of deadly force a life must be in danger.

WTF TX.

EDIT:

1. Fuck this article for saying "Police warn protestors".
2. Article states he is an instructor at the police academy.
3. even post edit, any law on the books allowing use of deadly force over property is still fucking nonsense [is this a remnant from cattle farming?].

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This mofo rent-a-cop ahaha.
We will demolish all your dumb fucking confederate statues to the ground. Mark my words.

Animator

Pardon my ignorance as a UK citizen, but is this actually a thing? As in the amount of force that is deemed fair/proportionate increases at night? If so, what time does night officially start? Does it start later in the summer??

Sounds like some Purge-level nonsense to me.

You have to wait for golden hour before you can start capping asses.

kS39vls.png

https://twitter.com/McKinneyPolice/status/899644800797859840

http://www.inquisitr.com/4442669/fi...force-be-used-against-people-harming-statues/

Well..ain't that something? Honestly, this dude made a real setups call with this. Folks that don't know he's full of shit could be dumb enough to listen. Could you imagine someone unloading on a group of protesters because of this clown?

What do you think the next step is after someone gets murdered for trying to take down a confederate statue? You've just created a martyr..shit will be coming down by the end of that week.

Yoritomo

Some of the Conceal Carry instructors are nuts.

I spent half of one a renewal class arguing with the instructor.

"Run towards danger"

Dude had a glock and 2 30 round magazines in class. Paddle holster for the glock and the 2 magazines were tucked into his waistband. Showed us pictures of his survivalist little house with cameras and paranoia. Played weird intro videos. Told us to run towards gunfire if shit went down.

Oh yeah the intro video he played was that dipshit nutnfancy ranting about being a sheepdog.

rjinaz

No. Not even in Texas. This guy needs to receive the absolute ultimate police internal punishment: two weeks paid vacation and a supportive tweet from the president.

So fake news but at least we got this post out of it.

Edit: He was a reserve officer?

Ah well dude is fired. Good riddance.

bionic77

Once again. Idiots being empowered by the internet.

They need to make it harder to post stuff online.

Maybe make it so you have to solve a simple word problem before you can pollute the world with your thoughts?

VariantX

Once again. Idiots being empowered by the internet.

They need to make it harder to post stuff online.

Maybe make it so you have to solve a simple word problem before you can pollute the world with your thoughts?

Or maybe impose real legal consequences if you go around spreading bullshit. Especially if you are not an official. We don't need anymore pizza gate bullshit as it is.

Breads

Banned
The big caveat is the whole justifiable part.

Yeah... the shooter would definitely lose that case. Fuck that guy for trying to incite violence though. They deserve jail time.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This dude teaches people on how to handle guns. If he has this much ire for peolple who vandalize inanimate racist icons, it makes you question other things.

Edit: in the News 11 vid,I love how they show his statement where it clearlu classifies this heinous act of vandalism as 'Criminal Mischief' to which he interprets as an act that allows deadly force.

Top Bottom