• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ramyeon

Everyone drinking the koolaid. All positive; here are some tweets:

L3Fecuj.png

RXpRPI1.png

RybbVya.png
I know right? It's almost like it's totally subjective and your opinion isn't objective fact.

-=EVOshillemote=-

All they did was make precision hitboxes smaller, less aim assist and because of more weapon types, recoil and all that is all over the place. Still, match making and some way to lessen the red bar encounters needs to be put in and if you're going to make snipers a heavy then make sure its a one hit precision kill no matter.

I haven't bothered with camping the Power ammo a bunch but I've yet to have anything but a 1-hit kill with the Sniper rifle on the Hunter. And while I think I'm a pretty decent sniper, I'm not at all super high level with it.

Magik

Only Destiny streamers I would even consider hearing their opinion is probably Wishyouluck. Some folks don't like him but I feel he's not a Bungie boot shiner and would actually give honest feedback. Probably Luminosity too, seems like a good guy. Both highly skilled imo.

I totally agree with you on Wish and Lumi. Those two are genuinely honest folks that don't hold back though both take polar opposite approaches to voicing them. Those other boot shiner-dreg streams can't really be taken seriously.

As for Beta thoughts, I'm fine with how PVP is personally except for the Supers and Abilities cooldowns. I think a slight change is needed as Supers come way too late and Abilities take an eternity. Other than that, I'm happy with it. Well, I don't like 4v4 but that's not getting changed.

PVE is where I have concerns. The ammo drops are way to few and between which leads to my next concern is the damage output of the weapons. The only weapon I felt that did decent damage was the hand cannon where as very other primary just felt like peashooters. I need to find more power weapons to test out as what was available is very week. That sniper that comes with the Hunter is ASS when it comes to damage and ammo capacity.

That said, overall positive experience with the Beta. The real test is the actual release where we will all know if the wait was worth it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think maybe they are trying to go esports with these changes. But you definitely have to speed up the game play if so. I get told by people all the time that Destiny's PVP is too slow and they are use to their Quakes and CS.

Wallach

I think maybe they are trying to go esports with these changes. But you definitely have to speed up the game play if so. I get told by people all the time that Destiny's PVP is too slow and they are use to their Quakes and CS.

I'm not really sure. Less frequent super moves and increased primary weapon uptime don't really seem like spectator friendly changes. There hasn't really been any increased emphasis on competitive multiplayer in the media push either.

Hey, long time, no talk to, DGaf.

I know everyone is on that D2 Beta, but does anyone want to run a NF?

Reading all these D2 posts, I'll just say I can see Bungie going the more eSports route with the slower--but easier to follow and spectate--action, and supers being popped at the later rounds for "hype moments. Not saying its good or bad.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Aiming for competitive balance does not necessarily mean looking to move into esports. Everyone loves to talk about how much money esports can generate but it's a huge investment of time and money and a very low likelihood of hitting CS, LoL/DOTA2, Starcraft level popularity.

Ramirez

Bungie has never been high on e-sports, even when Halo was MLG's big game. Doubt it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
With it being PC now there is a huge chance. A bunch of games are getting into it, Destiny being the biggest of them all would be a no brainer from a competitive standpoint.

Sentryxj

Neo Member
After playing maybe 30 or so games of PVP I think that the weapon and armor mods will be the X-factor in this game. Those slots are just sitting adding nothing to the gameplay currently. What if those are the way we get better cooldowns and advantages?

ramyeon

After playing maybe 30 or so games of PVP I think that the weapon and armor mods will be the X-factor in this game. Those slots are just sitting adding nothing to the gameplay currently. What if those are the way we get better cooldowns and advantages?
Doubt weapon mods will affect cool downs - they are much more likely to affect weapon stats. Armour will affect cool downs, same as D1. We've already seen armour that reduces the cool down of grenades, super and class abilities.

Just started playing on Xbox One after a long day with my Elite Controller which honestly makes all the difference in the world from how I felt about the gunplay and mobility yesterday in a positive way so far.

Wallach

Just started playing on Xbox One after a long day with my Elite Controller which honestly makes all the difference in the world from how I felt about the gunplay and mobility yesterday in a positive way so far.

Yeah, I feel like on a controller having at least 2 paddles makes an enormous difference in this game.

Yeah, I feel like on a controller having at least 2 paddles makes an enormous difference in this game.

Yeah, I only use two (the upper left+right short paddles) and I map them to sprint+jump which makes playing with Hunters especially sublime. Besides that I didn't need to adjust the "Look Sensitivity" at all compared to playing with the DS4 on PS4 yesterday. I'm having zero issue with aiming/headshots, etc which is a far cry from how I felt before (mainly with the horizontal aiming/movement) as something just felt different about the gunplay in general.

It seems to look and play great on Xbox too so no worries there, still super excited to fire up the PC version soon though.

Edit: I feel like I can attribute some of the slowness I felt with the aiming and whatnot to being used to playing with the long convexed thumbsticks of the Elite Controller as well.

neoism

gotta say the """""""beta""""""" seems limited as fuuuu. Even more so than d1s but countdown is fun and the strike is cool as shit but was shorter than i thought...
plus i think its cool bungle doesnt let us play the campaign mission but once... looking forward to the story bungie again...(campaign)

pvp is different but fun.... still

i does look better lol the og systems really did fun over destiny because d2 would look muccch better than it does already if d1 wasnt bogged down by ps360
all in all a fun beta but i would have liked an patrol area to explore.

9/6
day 0

lol wednesday ��������

Perineum

I figured I'd share my thoughts with the community rather than the thread which is turning into toxicity to the max.

Love D1. 900 hours of it to this day. D2 beta, while limited, is fun, but not without issues.

For me:

- no customization in beta is worrying. lack of beards which we begged for for years, and now we don't even know what they are letting us mess with? I'm worried it will just be the same shit from D1 with like 1 new hair style for everyone.

-power ammo spawn should give ammo to more than 1 person. 2-3. Rockets should be 2-3, not just 1. Especially when a fusion rifle can get you a ton of multi kills.

- not feeling SMGs. They seem to suffer the handgun issue of why would I use this over my other options in its place? They needed better ones in the beta to showcase their prowess because I feel they are gimp.

-do not like how long grenades and supers take to build up. I should get at least 2 supers a match if I play very well. One at the end MAYBE for playing at a 2.0 k/d is depressing.

-triple melee to kill someone close range is a HORRIBLE decision.

-fusion grenades should kill if you stick someone. seriously...

-spawn camping is way too easy, and getting spawn killed is a fairly common occurrence and a frustrating one.

------------------

That's about it for my main complaints from the slice of game we got. Still in day one with a collector's edition.

NO BEARDS?! Ch'mon brew....

Number45

Getting two nightshades and then having the exact same stats and rolls feels weird.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Really hoping the mod system is good and allows for major customisation.

EDIT: Wondering if the homogenisation of the base weapon stats is an attempt to separate PvP balance from PvE - it would be pretty simple (I assume) to disable certain mods in PvP and even allows in-game justification in a way.

ramyeon

Grinding for the armor set in the Strike and it just doesn't want to give me the last two pieces. Yep, this is Destiny alright.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Enjoying the beta, does feel weird at first but quickly adapted. I would like supers to charge a bit quicker but I see there will be mods and other things to speed these up. On the strike last night I got 144 kills and only 4 supers. Doesn't feel like orb drops are happening as much either.

Nodnol

After running Homecoming a couple more times, I'm enjoying the fact that each class "feels" different. Helps to diversify the gameplay slightly.

Still sticking to a Hunter main. Capes > anything else. You can really throw some sexy moves together with Markman's Dodge. Going to be really useful against shielded enemies; how many times does the clip empty just as a Wizard's shield go down? Feels really slick.

I don't mind Gunslinger's Chance and Chain of Woe being on different sides of the skill tree, but I do begrudge CoW being opposite melee resets on critical. I was a demon with that throwing knife in Destiny.

Lastnight did story twice (titan and warlock), strike 3 times, and 1 multi match. Not a ton, but enough to get me pumped for more. Still questioning the weapons and the new system for pve, but it's hard to say at this point whether it's a good change or not. The game felt a bit different from D1, but I expected that. Shooting still felt sold, it was mostly movement related that felt a tad different.

Visuals were a bit of a mix (xbox). Some things looked improved, others felt identical to d1. Only thing that really stood out were the particles and effects, really enjoyed them overall too.

Sound was fantastic, I found myself smiling a lot at little details that were drastically improved. Grenades, weapons, abilities, everything... Love how awesome stuff sounds now.

I mean overall I'm still pumped, didn't encounter anything that made me question my preorder or anything. It's a bit different, but I'm okay with a little change. And I'm okay with this being such a short glimpse at the game. While I loved pouring time into the D1 beta, it's just not necessary this time around. I know I'll be playing the sequel and don't need to spoil everything before the actual release.

Countdown is probably a game I'm gonna 95% avoid. If one person on your team leaves its pretty much a loss.
My PUG team was up 2-1 when one of our members bailed... and then I realized there was no backfill for that mode.

Still managed as 3v4 to take it to the wire before losing 5-6 to the other team. But I imagine as people run more in groups and become more familiar with the map, it is going to be much worse to be down one man.

Ok, the Nightshade is an amazing weapon, that thing wrecks, but dont sleep on the Deathstalker 4AU, that auto melt faces left and right, its amazing

DFIBu5UWsAAg8YO.jpg:large

I don't know what it is about those fallen photos, but they make me really hyped for D2. I think I'm kinda where Hawk is that more than anything else I'm curious about what D2 is
like we have a sense for the beta, but I have so many questions about loot and story and progression and cosmetics and clans. Before that curiousity was kind of manifesting with an aura of concern. I've been playing more PvP int the mornings and I think I'm grokking it more and more. But WipedOut made a good point that PvP feels better than PvE right now, because you're used to using your primary, you don't feel the loss of a special slot like you do in PvE. PvE still feels like there's 2 primary slots and 1 fun slot. :-/

All that said, seeing stuff like that dope af Captain and I'm getting more hyped.

Dave_6

Played over two hours straight of PvP last night. Had fun for the most part; biggest issue for me is my own aim. I just can't get headshots for shit. Wondering if I would be better off turning the sensitivity back down some.

Lnkn52

DFIBu5UWsAAg8YO.jpg:large

I don't know what it is about those fallen photos, but they make me really hyped for D2. I think I'm kinda where Hawk is that more than anything else I'm curious about what D2 is
like we have a sense for the beta, but I have so many questions about loot and story and progression and cosmetics and clans. Before that curiousity was kind of manifesting with an aura of concern. I've been playing more PvP int the mornings and I think I'm grokking it more and more. But WipedOut made a good point that PvP feels better than PvE right now, because you're used to using your primary, you don't feel the loss of a special slot like you do in PvE. PvE still feels like there's 2 primary slots and 1 fun slot. :-/

All that said, seeing stuff like that dope af Captain and I'm getting more hyped.
Just more detail in character design, maybe?

But look at the armor
DFLURpcU0AA7AGt.jpg:large

eggplant-icon.png

Asked this in the Beta thread, thought of posting it here:

So I have a quick question. Anyone else feeling like Hunters are getting screwed over a bit? Warlocks can auto heal AND discovered how to incorporate the Twilight Garrison dodging, flaming swords, air battles. Titans have Capt's shield, barriers that completely reload weapon, the bubble, multiple slams. Hunter get a hit table dodge that reloads. More gunslinger shots and an elec staff that lets you infinite dodge.

My concern: without the supers, hunters feel way less useful than the other two classes. Maybe it's just me? But I gotta rep the hunter since Nathan Fillion is my man crush.

Thoughts?

So I have a quick question. Anyone else feeling like Hunters are getting screwed over a bit? Warlocks can auto heal AND discovered how to incorporate the Twilight Garrison dodging, flaming swords, air battles. Titans have Capt's shield, barriers that completely reload weapon, the bubble, multiple slams. Hunter get a hit table dodge that reloads. More gunslinger shots and an elec staff that lets you infinite dodge.

My concern: without the supers, hunters feel way less useful than the other two classes. Maybe it's just me? But I gotta rep the hunter since Nathan Fillion is my man crush.

Thoughts?
You share a lot peoples fears

Thoughts?

Everyone knows that Hunters are getting screwed over. That said, Hunter will still be my main. I shall always be a Hunter.

Top Bottom