• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Of all the builds to Extreme Rules: The Hardys vs Sheasaro has to be the worst...

Each Hardy has pinned both Cesaro and Sheamus... then in a 6 man the Hardys also win... Literally Sheasro haven't looked like an actual threat once...

Which of course means they'll probably fucking win on Sunday... but man it's nothing but the Hardys just beating them over and over again for two months.... Boring.

In defense of the segment it had Care Bears... And you can't ever go wrong with Care Bears

Bliss is the master at dealing with what chants though...

Bliss: Bayley couldn't pull the trigger
*WHAT*
Bliss: That's what I said whaaat

Bliss: I can't wait to show you guys!
*WHAT*
Bliss: What did I find?

She's excellent at just dealing with them,

Also she's fine in this segment, the idea is just old and worn out. It's also a terrible idea for a heel segment. Safe to say yeah the writing on this segment is not great but Bliss made it more bareable than anyone else on the roster would.

What a really dumb idea though.

Bliss deserves credit for staying with it because yikes.

I'd be more pissed at this segment if I was Bayley rather than Bliss...

It also means they're just putting the title right back on Bayley... so what was the fucking point of the title change? Like even they wouldn't be stupid enough to have Bayley lose after all this.

WHAT THE FUCK

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE AWAY NEVILLE TAPPING OUT ON THE GO HOME SHOW BEFORE A SUBMISSION MATCH...

Fuck the This is Your Life Segment that was the worst segment in a long time. Neville has been a total monster since turning heel and you have his first tap out in a meaningless tag match right before a submission match...?

What a really dumb idea though.

Bliss deserves credit for staying with it because yikes.

I'd be more pissed at this segment if I was Bayley rather than Bliss...

It also means they're just putting the title right back on Bayley... so what was the fucking point of the title change? Like even they wouldn't be stupid enough to have Bayley lose after all this.

WHAT THE FUCK

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE AWAY NEVILLE TAPPING OUT ON THE GO HOME SHOW BEFORE A SUBMISSION MATCH...

Fuck the This is Your Life Segment that was the worst segment in a long time. Neville has been a total monster since turning heel and you have his first tap out in a meaningless tag match right before a submission match...?
No way, why would they book Neville to tap. Can't be right :/

Pikma

Banned
You do know the only reason Neville didn't tap out before was because he cheated, right?

Neville's been booked like a monster for close to 6 months now, he can afford this. It was needed to stablish Aries as a serious threat for their third and last match, but it also tells us he'll lose on sunday. And if that's the case this is what could save Austin from coming out of this feud looking weak

Neville taps today so he won't tap at the PPV. They always do that. This isn't and doesn't make Neville any weaker.

This is Your Life made a weak feud even weaker.

Then don't do it... If Aries isn't going over don't do it... you don't give away a tap out right before a PPV submission match when it is Neville's first... That needs to be a big deal.

If Aries is losing that tap out isn't going to save him, if Aries isn't getting the title it means he's just going to flounder in the 205 system until all his overness is completely gone, so who cares about keeping him strong by the time they're ready to do something with him again that tap is going to be ancient history.

You do know the only reason Neville didn't tap out before was because he cheated, right?

Neville's been booked like a monster for close to 6 months now, he can afford this. It was needed to stablish Aries as a serious threat for their third and last match, but it also tells us he'll lose on sunday. And if that's the case this is what could save Austin from coming out of this feud looking weak

But the whole story has been Neville has avoided tapping, that's the story of the submission match... will Neville find a way to get out of tapping, so far he's gouged an eye (that's now fully healed so not an option) and got DQ'd (not an option in a submission match) so the story going into the event should have been will Neville find a way to get out from tapping or will he succumb finally... now it's just meh will he tap again.. whatever, who cares.

And like I said if Aries isn't winning (and he should win frankly) he's almost certainly going to become just another 205 Live-er, by the time they're ready to do something with him, that tap out will be ancient history and they're going to have to just rebuild him up anyway.

On the plus side Rollins/Reigns was great and they are doing a great thing with how they are having Roman act, he's basically a heel without being a heel.

The build to the main event of ER has been pretty solid, as has Dean vs Miz, Women's title was fine until this segment though I think the problem with it is that it was so over the top that it telegraphs the winner (and if it doesn't telegraph the winner than it just makes Bayley look like so extremely pathetic).

I liked the Aries/Neville build until now and the less we talk about Sheasaro vs The Hardys the better

I'd be really happy if Aries became just another random at 205 Live. I don't give a shit about this feud with Neville and I will be glad when it ends. I like Aries on commentary, but not in the ring. It's Tozawa time, baby!

Browny

Banned
Who's gonna play Bayley's father?

Surely it has to be:

15034908.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So I don't watch Raw anymore but I heard about this Alexa/Bayley shit so I'm watching it and... wow. I'm actually not sure why I'm even posting about it because I literally have no words.

I mean, Alexa did about as good as she possibly could for this.... But holy shit.

Recall

I'm still smug that I haven't watched RAW in over a decade and I can keep reminding you all as you cry about the bullshit you willingly suffer through.

Modern weekly TV wrestling serves zero purpose except accelerating you're need to find alternatives. There are no redeeming qualities to watching RAW/Smackdown/Whatever because if there were we wouldn't hear how every week RAW has raised the bar for worst wrestling show ever.

You miss nothing by not watching RAW. Nothing.

I'm still smug that I haven't watched RAW in over a decade and I can keep reminding you all as you cry about the bullshit you willingly suffer through.

Modern weekly TV wrestling serves zero purpose except accelerating you're need to find alternatives. There are no redeeming qualities to watching RAW/Smackdown/Whatever because if there were we wouldn't hear how every week RAW has raised the bar for worst wrestling show ever.

My roster at work is changing so I wont be able to watch Raw but yeah. A large part of it seems to be running feuds that are leading into PPVs into the ground so everyone is sick of it even before the PPV. I turned it off after that segment today.

Aiii

So not worth it

tumblr_n5sbriqe2Y1r1eqygo3_250.gif

What are peoples thoughts on running Raw/Smackdown like back in the Attitude era?
I'm under the impression shows back then had few matches and those that tied into the PPV feuds tended to end in fuck finishes rather than clean wins like current Raw seems to have been doing the past few years.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
NXT Takeover always feels special because they only happen every few months, not ever wrestler/feud is showcased every week so you're not tired of the feuds by the time the Takeover matches roll around, and lastly the matches at Takeover usually actually deliver.

Rimfya

Banned
NXT Takeover always feels special because they only happen every few months, not ever wrestler/feud is showcased every week so you're not tired of the feuds by the time the Takeover matches roll around, and lastly the matches at Takeover usually actually deliver.
All true. They feel special, planned and with spots that took some thought. Main roster PPV matches could've almost all happened on TV.

Was it at ER last year Roman kicked out Rusev's chain accolade on the steps? I think that's the most unforgivable Roman moment still. Looked cool as hell and would've setup Rusev big time.

Top Bottom