• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Kaladin

Yeah I feel like a consequence of 2 PPV a month. I turned on RAW for 15 minutes yesterday and just let my kid watch TV instead.

Really. 6 hours a month plus highlights is enough.

Especially if they start doing NXT Takeovers more often.

We essentially get two supershows each month, where things happen and the weekly shows are by the numbers build with the once in a blue moon thing you should watch.

Sephzilla

A7EtD92.png

*Commissioner Sephzilla steps forward*

GYgwUtO.jpg

I have two special announcements for GWF5. First is a brand new idea that I came up with purely on my own. GWF has some talent that hasn't seen as much of a spotlight as some of our other talent, so I'm going to dedicate GWF5 towards highlighting some of our non-championship talent. So today, I'm proud to announce that GWF5 is going to feature a tournament that I have dubbed Best of the Super Junior Members. The tournament will feature some of our newer talent and some talent that hasn't seen the ring that much. It will be an 8 wrestler tournament, and entrants in the tournament will be announced at a later time. The winner of this tournament will become the #1 Contender for the GWF World Championship.

The second announcement I have is in regards to the Hasney versus Beefy GWF World Championship match from GWF4. It has been brought to my attention that there has was some controversy regarding a supposed three count that wasn't properly called by the referee while Hasney was attempting a.. *sigh*... Mojo Rawley styled maneuver. Because of this controversy, I'm announcing that GWF5 will be a double main event. The first main event will be the championship match of the Best of the Super Junior Members tournament. The second main event will be a rematch between Hasney and Beefy for the GWF World Championship. And to avoid any referee controversy this time, the GWF World Championship will be defended for the first time ever in a ladder match!

Have a nice day!

*Thumbs up*

NOTE: Being a Junior Member is not a requirement for being in the BotSJM tournament

Recall

A7EtD92.png

GYgwUtO.jpg

I have two special announcements for GWF5. First is a brand new idea that I came up with purely on my own. GWF has some talent that hasn't seen as much of a spotlight as some of our other talent, so I'm going to dedicate GWF5 towards highlighting some of our non-championship talent. So today, I'm proud to announce that GWF5 is going to feature a tournament that I have dubbed Best of the Super Junior Members. The tournament will feature some of our newer talent and some talent that hasn't seen the ring that much. It will be an 8 wrestler tournament, and entrants in the tournament will be announced at a later time. The winner of this tournament will become the #1 Contender for the GWF World Championship.

The second announcement I have is in regards to the Hasney versus Beefy GWF World Championship match from GWF4. It has been brought to my attention that there has was some controversy regarding a supposed three count that wasn't properly called by the referee while Hasney was attempting a.. *sigh*... Mojo Rawley styled maneuver. Because of this controversy, I'm announcing that GWF5 will be a double main event. The first main event will be the championship match of the Best of the Super Junior Members tournament. The second main event will be a rematch between Hasney and Beefy for the GWF World Championship. And to avoid any referee controversy this time, the GWF World Championship will be defended for the first time ever in a ladder match!

Have a nice day!

*Thumbs up*

But I'm not a junior member, I'm THE member.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at the LAW going in HARD on some Alexa Bliss / Bayley promo

Hasney

A7EtD92.png

GYgwUtO.jpg

Have a nice day!

*Thumbs up*

qCPezgmyHynYY.gif

Justice! Also the Junior to Jinder tournament should be fun.

x97js496lnpx.gif

Sephzilla

He wants me to lose, that's why he picked ladder match.

Look at it this way, if you win then think about all of the bragging rights.

-- Won the title after defeating 29 other superstars.
-- Defended the title in a Fatal Four way
-- Defended the title twice in one night
-- Survived a MITB cash in
-- Potentially defending the title in a ladder match

Gurrry

Im starting a wrestling podcast (figured I might as well put all this wrestle watching to good use) and I cant wait to tear into that Bayley segment from last night.

Good god what a fucking disaster. They have ruined this character and that segment was Old Day levels of cringe.

A7EtD92.png

GYgwUtO.jpg

Have a nice day!

*Thumbs up*

NOTE: Being a Junior Member is not a requirement for being in the BotSJM tournament
Awesome.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Meltzer had a point where Old Day didn't cause any long-term damage to New Day's heat while that This Is Your Life promo probably hurt Bayley a lot.

Sephzilla

Yeah, MITB in WWE has run its course in my opinion. I wish someone would have used the MITB contract for something unique, like challenging Undertaker at WrestleMania when Taker was still undefeated or something

Kaladin

Nah NXT needs less gimmicks. I feel like mitb has run it's course.

I feel like a MITB would add to NXT. Making MITB an NXT thing would also bring some meaning back to it as it could be used to propel someone who isn't going to be immediately skyrocketed to a title shot. I'd personally put it on Roderick Strong right now.

Beefy

Look at it this way, if you win then think about all of the bragging rights.

-- Won the title after defeating 29 other superstars.
-- Defended the title in a Fatal Four way
-- Defended the title twice in one night
-- Survived a MITB cash in
-- Potentially defending the title in a ladder match
Pfft, you will probably put me in a cage match straight after...

Tagyhag

Yeah, MITB in WWE has run its course in my opinion. I wish someone would have used the MITB contract for something unique, like challenging Undertaker at WrestleMania when Taker was still undefeated or something

Kayfabe it makes sense though. Most would rather use the opportunity to snatch a title from someone who just had a grueling match than challenge a dude who's been undefeated for more than a decade.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Nak has to win the MITB right? AJ doesnt need it and will probably befeuding wit KO for awhile (who also doesnt need it), ziggler is lol, Zayn will never be champ friends, and I guess they could give it to Baron? He's tall afterall.

I like Corbin :(

Hasney

so Nak has to win the MITB right? AJ doesnt need it and will probably befeuding wit KO for awhile (who also doesnt need it), ziggler is lol, Zayn will never be champ friends, and I guess they could give it to Baron? He's tall afterall.

I like Corbin :(

Nope. Mojo will and continue his epic feud with Jinder.

Kaladin

If I made an NXT MITB. I'd give it two options.

Option A) Instant shot at the NXT Championship whenever you want it, traditional cash in style.

Option B) A shot at the current Raw or Smackdown champion of your choosing at the next available opportunity (you essentially become main roster #1 contender after the current #1 contender). If you win, you're on the main roster, if you fail, you go back to NXT.

I wonder how badly they'll fuck up Nakamura today. They shouldnt have him being another guy reading out badly written promos. It is so obvious how scripted it is for various reasons. Came off awkward for me last weekend.

Sephzilla

GWF STATS FOLLOWING GWF4

The New Blood
Three GWF superstars made their debut; Empyrean Heaven, Sweeney Tom, and Pikma

Current Champions
GWF World Champion: Beefy
GWF Tag Team Champions: The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx)
GWF B+ Champion: Tall4Life

The Goldberg Club
The following GWF superstars are undefeated
-- Beefy (4-0)
-- Empyrean Heaven (1-0)
-- FlammableD (1-0)
-- Pikma (1-0)
-- Skyward Sheep (1-0)
-- SomewhatGroovy (1-0)

The Streak
The following GWF superstars are winless
-- NeoGAF Vince McMahon (0-1)
-- Serpentine (0-1)
-- ShadowSwordmaster (0-1)
-- Sweeney Tom (0-1)
-- Anth0ny (0-2)
-- Mahonay (0-2)
-- OwensIsNow (0-2)
-- rrc1594 (0-2)
-- The Strokes (0-2)
-- Caderfix (0-3)
-- DMczaf (0-3)
-- Menome (0-3)
-- BewareTheBatsie (0-4)

The Thrill of Victory
The following GWF superstars won their first match at GWF4
-- UrbanDandy
-- Empyrean Heaven
-- Browny

The Agony of Defeat
The following GWF superstars received their first loss at GWF4
-- Sweeney Tom
-- Hasney

The First To Do It Twice
Bronx-Man is the first multiple time champion in GWF history (Tag Champ x2)

The Four Win Club
Beefy and Bronx-Man are the first GWF superstars to register 4 wins in GWF history! Beefy is technically the winning-est superstar in GWF history by way of percentage points due to Bronx-Man having one loss on his record.

The New Nation
The GWF Tag Team and World Championships are all held by the New Nation of Domination stable, which made its proper debut in force at GWF4.

All They Do Is Win
The following GWF superstars all have winning records in GWF (list excludes already listed undefeated superstars)
-- Bronx-Man (4-1)
-- Hasney (3-1)
-- Ithil (3-1)
-- korly (3-1)
-- Tall4Life (3-1)
-- FallingEdge (2-1)

Fifty Fifty Booking
The following GWF superstars have 50/50 records in GWF
-- Biggest-Geek-Ever (2-2)
-- Syder (2-2)
-- Browny (1-1)
-- imbask (1-1)
-- sf2fanatic (1-1)
-- UrbanDandy (1-1)

Just happy to be here
The following GWF superstars have losing records, but don't worry, we still love you and you'll get TV time! (List excludes already listed winless superstars)
-- Zach (2-3)
-- BronsonLee (1-2)
-- Heroman (1-2)
-- klonere (1-2)
-- Kornflayx (1-2)
-- Sephzilla (1-2)
-- RBH (1-3)

Fantomex

Good Morning everyone. Hope everyone has a great day.

GWF STATS FOLLOWING GWF4

The Streak
The following GWF superstars are winless
-- NeoGAF Vince McMahon (0-1)
-- Serpentine (0-1)
-- ShadowSwordmaster (0-1)
-- Sweeney Tom (0-1)
-- Anth0ny (0-2)
-- Mahonay (0-2)
-- OwensIsNow (0-2)
-- rrc1594 (0-2)
-- The Strokes (0-2)
-- Caderfix (0-3)
-- DMczaf (0-3)
-- Menome (0-3)
-- BewareTheBatsie (0-4)

Meltzer had a point where Old Day didn't cause any long-term damage to New Day's heat while that This Is Your Life promo probably hurt Bayley a lot.

I still say Old Day segment is worse standalone but yeah this segment just proves that they see Bayley as this 8-year old girl in an adult's body instead of what her NXT persona was. Bayley didn't even have a mic to say what Alexa did was a sham so in "reality", Bayley's life was portrayed to be pathetic, not sympathetic.

So here I am checking up on youtube Raw to get my fill in about 15 minutes and I can't help but notice that the segment for Bayley and Alexa starts off with them brawling despite there being an elaborate in ring setup that indicates a gimmicky arse promo segment beforehand that's not among the youtube videos delivered by the WWE.

So of course I have to go through the posts in the thread to get to the bottom of this, my immediate thought is "was it so bad that WWE are trying to ignore it?"....

This is the worst segment in easily a decade.
The overwhelming answer appears to be yes, this right here is a damning statement and this year also included the Ziggler promo about Shinsuke Jackson.

Meanhwile the 3 minutes of Rollins/Reigns is advertised as "can Roman beat the Kingslayer one on one for the first time?!" OH GEE, I WONDER! Roman gotta get all his clean loss wins back on Raw, first Finn, now Rollins.

Bloody hell Raw is the absolute drizzling shits, it's really quite fascinating.
No joke, Golddust is like the best thing right now based off two promos in the last two weeks.

I feel like I've gone into PPV only mode with Raw and Smackdown. I might watch the occasional Smackdown though because at least they can stack a card every now and then like the June 13th episode.

I still watch NXT though.

This is the right way to approach the current product, I fear for Smackdown right now if Jinder can't make the most of this opportunity because I have been consistently enjoying it even outside of PPVs.

Tom Nook

A7EtD92.png

GYgwUtO.jpg

Have a nice day!

*Thumbs up*

Nice to see some new faces. I'm tired of Beefy's title reign.

Top Bottom