• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Spirit3

Does anyone on Xbox DGAF want to join a really casual, don't really have any skill and don't expect to get anywhere run through the Raid? Have a few people already just looking for a few more uncoordinated individuals to tackle the Leviathan!

So, whats up with Clans. My friend has a clan, tells me to come join, but I cannot for the life of find how to search for the clan to apply. Why does this seem like the only way is to get an invite from him.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What is are the opinions on the content quantity for D2? To me it feels as sparse as vanilla D1 tbh.

I think it seems that way because the majority of the grind was reduced or removed. Add in the fact that weapons have locked perks, there's no real chase for the "perfect roll" anymore either. I've sunk a stupid amount of time in the game already, so I definitely got my money's worth - but I'm starting to hit that point where I'm getting bored already. That didn't happen with D1 until after 2 years lol - this is week 3 ish now...Also I don't think the endgame is that compelling. After finishing Leviathan, I'm not super eager to go back into it - I'll still run it with the gaf groups but it just feels like it's missing something. Unlike VoG, where I couldn't wait to go back through.

I am looking forward to the Faction Rally and then Iron Banner next month though. Hopefully Bungie releases another roadmap for weekly events/content for October with some interesting things on it.

Let's say you get a Hunter exotic armor, shard it, then delete your Hunter so you have no Hunter characters. Does the game "remember" and keep that exotic in your collection if you make another hunter or is it gone?

Jblanks

Yea I'm definitely getting burnt out. Gonna try and do the raid tommorow and probably again next week, and then the faction rally stuff and IB will hold me over for a few more weeks but I won't be putting 3+ hours in everyday like the last few weeks. All in all in happy with the game and its miles better than D1 vanilla but I lasted about a month with that compared to D2 which will be around 1.5 months unless they have some new content xoming in October not including IB or prestige raid, then I'll stick around longer. But I'm building a pc right now so I'll have plenty to play anyhow, and will come back for DLC1 in December.

v1perz53

I feel like the content in D2 is in a weird place. There are a ton of activities that have some CHANCE to give me something useful (with a large chance to give me nothing/something not useful), and very few bits of content that let me actually work towards a reward that I will definitely get if I put enough work in. I feel like I'm pulling that slot machine handle a lot more than I did in destiny 1.

Also, god the Ghost Shell system in D2 is awful. Do I just hold on to 20 of these and hot swap them when they're useful for a really irritating minor boost? And what do the "gunsmith telemetry" ones even do?

I feel like the content in D2 is in a weird place. There are a ton of activities that have some CHANCE to give me something useful (with a large chance to give me nothing/something not useful), and very few bits of content that let me actually work towards a reward that I will definitely get if I put enough work in. I feel like I'm pulling that slot machine handle a lot more than I did in destiny 1.

This is exactly how I feel.

Jblanks

Yea the foundation is there but the execution isn't.

Raven117

Yea I'm definitely getting burnt out. Gonna try and do the raid tommorow and probably again next week, and then the faction rally stuff and IB will hold me over for a few more weeks but I won't be putting 3+ hours in everyday like the last few weeks. All in all in happy with the game and its miles better than D1 vanilla but I lasted about a month with that compared to D2 which will be around 1.5 months unless they have some new content xoming in October not including IB or prestige raid, then I'll stick around longer. But I'm building a pc right now so I'll have plenty to play anyhow, and will come back for DLC1 in December.
Which is exactly how they want you to play?

I don't think Destiny was every meant or designed to be a daily grinder. It's a come on back for the DLC design. Which imo is great. I don't understand why some folks say "after 120 hours (or more, or a month worth of play) they are done but will come back for the dlc. That's exactly what they want? And I'm happy to do it. I can come on back when I want but play something else inbetween. It's perfect

Pastry

Banned
GAF, I could really use some help.

I’m looking to start the section of Rat King quest where you need a fire team for two patrols, two PEs and two crucible matches. Would someone please help me? I’m on PSN.

After that I’m hoping to do the nightfall tonight but you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to. I could just use some help on the first three prts, it should only take like thirty minutes. My name on PSN is SpottieO.

Just beat the Raid for the first time after 5 hours just on the last boss. Man it's good to be done with that. Our strategy let is clear him in 2 cycles. Fuck psion flyers btw.

Dineren

Banned

I'm looking to start the section of Rat King quest where you need a fire team for two patrols, two PEs and two crucible matches. Would someone please help me? I'm on PSN.

After that I'm hoping to do the nightfall tonight but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. I could just use some help on the first three prts, it should only take like thirty minutes. My name on PSN is SpottieO.

Give me a couple minutes and I'll help you out. I have already finished the quest, but I'm pretty sure it counts if I have the gun equipped.

I’m looking to start the section of Rat King quest where you need a fire team for two patrols, two PEs and two crucible matches. Would someone please help me? I’m on PSN.

After that I’m hoping to do the nightfall tonight but you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to. I could just use some help on the first three prts, it should only take like thirty minutes. My name on PSN is SpottieO.

I need to get this done, not sure I can stay up for the NF but I can do the easy stuff.

PSN: Appletz

Looks like you're full. No go?

Top Bottom