• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

JB1981

I know Im in the minority here, but I like the changes to pvp.

Really fits my playstyle. In D1 I don't think I ever had a match where I didn't want to throw my controller in a fit of rage as some ass clown ran at me with a shotgun...

I have really warmed up to it as well. You can get rolled by the opposing team if you don't stick together but if you play with a good group it's fun and challenging and much better balanced than D1

Kyne

I don't know why my expectations for Bungie's weekly update are so high. The inevitable disappointment is so close I can taste it.

Raven117

I have really warmed up to it as well. You can get rolled by the opposing team if you don't stick together but if you play with a good group it's fun and challenging and much better balanced than D1

Yup. Agreed. I guess if you just liked the fuckery that was D1 (shotguns, grenades, supers galore, then yeah...it sucks), but I like that this mode makes you think more about what you are doing...approaches, anticipating...I dunno. Makes more sense to me.

I don't know why my expectations for Bungie's weekly update are so high. The inevitable disappointment is so close I can taste it.
Because we are at the point in the Destiny cycle where we have identified issues as a community (issues to us anyway), and we somehow expect Bungie to not only acknowledge them, but respond with a solution capitulating to our demands.

That, and we are off their "Month 1" chart and we want to know whats next.

v1perz53

Ugh, the more I mess with it the more I hate the mod system. It actively dissuades me from messing around with my other subclasses and swapping my exotics. Like I have a set on my warlock with Void Melee, Void Paragon, and Void Grenade to use with Eye of Another World, but if I want to play Stormcaller for a bit I have to swap every single armor piece or I gain no benefit from my mods. Even worse, I feel like I need to carry around 3 versions of the Eye of Another World exotic each modded for a different subclass since they are all specific.

Similarly, on my hunter I prefer Nightstalker for PvE and Gunslinger for PvP, but because I have all Void mods (since power matters more in PvE) I feel like I might as well stay Nightstalker for PvP also since my CDs are decently shorter and Gunslinger CDs feel slow by comparison.

I really wish once you added a legendary mod to a piece of gear it would just "unlock" it, and you could swap freely (or for a glimmer cost) between mods unlocked. There are just too many mods and they are too random to ever have any control over this system.

Killzig

Ugh, the more I mess with it the more I hate the mod system. It actively dissuades me from messing around with my other subclasses and swapping my exotics. Like I have a set on my warlock with Void Melee, Void Paragon, and Void Grenade to use with Eye of Another World, but if I want to play Stormcaller for a bit I have to swap every single armor piece or I gain no benefit from my mods. Even worse, I feel like I need to carry around 3 versions of the Eye of Another World exotic each modded for a different subclass since they are all specific.

Similarly, on my hunter I prefer Nightstalker for PvE and Gunslinger for PvP, but because I have all Void mods (since power matters more in PvE) I feel like I might as well stay Nightstalker for PvP also since my CDs are decently shorter and Gunslinger CDs feel slow by comparison.

I really wish once you added a legendary mod to a piece of gear it would just "unlock" it, and you could swap freely (or for a glimmer cost) between mods unlocked. There are just too many mods and they are too random to ever have any control over this system.
The mod system is boring and shitty so I went for mods that were class neutral across the board. Resilience (helmet), kinetic loader (arms), power loader (chest), recovery (legs), and then whatever I could get on the class item that played into that sort of play. Power loader for titan, recovery for warlock, and kinetic counterbalance for hunter.

Mezoly

Yeah I would pay glimmer and legendary shards to change the mod energy type.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
am i bad at using it or is the vortex nova bomb kinda bad?

Not the best Super, no. It's just a big boom. Wipes out hordes with ease if you launch it just right. Good for blocking doorways as well I guess.

To be honest though, Voidwalker is so overpowered that a 'lesser' Super kind of balances the class out, I think.

TyrantII

So it basically sounds like "end game" to you is having to play stuff over and over to get the same weapons but with better rolls.

Yeah, no thanks. While I agree there should be more loot than there is now, claiming they got rid of the end game is simply false. It's the same as it was in Destiny 2, minus the dumb grind.

Not necessarily, they could go for a smarter system. Or go for the old dumb system, but make it more forgiving.

Imagine if every lost sector and adventure had its own loot tables with specific sets? That's a loop to grind that wouldn't be too grindy, but give end game something to do that feels like rewarding progress. Sets might have one or two specific perks, cosmetic or functional.

Why don't clans have "clan projects"? Give 10xp tokens for completing a guided games raid that goes towards clan projects that unlock, x, y, z stuff. Loots, cosmetics, more clan bling, whatever.

Destiny 1 wasn't a game where you finish, put down and then get lucky if half the people return for the dlc (cough, Division, cough). Destiny 2 is going to have that issue unless they find an end game that keeps people invested.

Yeah, it's unhelpful to say, but last week was probably the surest bet for Rat King as well.

Me and my friends were not able to do the prestige NF this week, but regular NF we finished 2x with almost 8 minutes left, and the first run we finished with a little under 5 minutes. I don't think we got every anomaly either.

As long as you have the right elemental weapon set up, it should be okay.

DIM is good for dealing with loadouts it just switches all your gear at once after you make a loadout.

v1perz53

The mod system is boring and shitty so I went for mods that were class neutral across the board. Resilience (helmet), kinetic loader (arms), power loader (chest), recovery (legs), and then whatever I could get on the class item that played into that sort of play. Power loader for titan, recovery for warlock, and kinetic counterbalance for hunter.

Yea honestly I want to stick with generic ones, but I also really like the cooldown mods. On a warlock especially with devour, cutting 17 seconds off grenades, melee and rift is huge and feels way better. Similarly, doesn't seem like much but difference on a hunter between 24 second dodge CD and 18 feels like night and day to me.

DIM is good for dealing with loadouts it just switches all your gear at once after you make a loadout.

Oh yea I don't mind having the loadouts, it is just a huge pain to actually get enough legendary mods for all subclasses and exotic combinations across 3 different classes. I have so many useless mods I'll never use, and never enough of the ones I actually want with no way to actually target those -.-

Mindlog

My first time running the Gauntlet as a Titan. Sir Struggalot.
Second time running the Gauntlet as a Warlock. Leaf in the Wind.

As a Warlock I didn't hit a single obstacle or get blown up once when skipping orbs.

Warlock Glide > Titan whatever.

squidyj

Is there something you have to do to get the buttons to spawn in the pools room for underbelly?
The levers are always there but the buttons were ghostly last time I went through.

Dalek

Nothing makes me rage more than Crucible. Why do people not pick up the crests? Like seriously-what do they think they are? Has anyone ever explained this? Do they think they’re engrams?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Nothing makes me rage more than Crucible. Why do people not pick up the crests? Like seriously-what do they think they are? Has anyone ever explained this? Do they think they’re engrams?

My super meter is full I don’t want to pickup orbs.

Probably this because I don’t get it either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol the Calus glitch is wacky. It took Bungie ages to patch raid exploits, so I wonder how long it'll take to take care of this one.

Fjordson

Anyone down for Nightfall on PSN? 290 lock and my buddy (281 Titan).

We haven't done it yet, so not trying to prestige or anything.

Edit: just got someone.

Any raid team willing to help me out? I've raised once.. never made it past the dogs. Good player just work so much hard to find a steady group.. and LFG is aids if I haven't beat it

I'm on Xbox one.. I'd love to beat it before reset..

Any raid team willing to help me out? I've raised once.. never made it past the dogs. Good player just work so much hard to find a steady group.. and LFG is aids if I haven't beat it

I really recommend Reddit Destiny sherpas they plan times and show you every encounter and every one ive joined we finish the raid.Just go to r/destinythegame and on the right click destiny sherpas icon and once you've done it once its easier to join lfg groups since your "experienced".

Cornbread78

Anyone down for Nightfall on PSN? 290 lock and my buddy (281 Titan).

We haven't done it yet, so not trying to prestige or anything.

Edit: just got someone.

I really recommend Reddit Destiny sherpas they plan times and show you every encounter and every one ive joined we finish the raid.Just go to r/destinythegame and on the right click destiny sherpas icon and once you've done it once its easier to join lfg groups since your "experienced".

Yeah....

Really? He auto levels you to 20. So just beat the story and boom, you can skip any remaining level and reach 20? Did not know this existed. Better if I make a third character, just campaign and boost with this.
missions have a level requirement, the final level requirement is 16, and you'll probably hit 17 be end of story. so yeah, at most, 3 level ups.

edit- augh why does my brower still have this super old thread open oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Top Bottom