• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

traveler

Not Wario
Guys, I have a problem.

Every character I have has a different color scheme, however I don't want weapons to break that color scheme so I want to apply shaders to them so they match, however since like everyone else I share weapons across all characters they don't all match. I need to solve this problem since Fashion is the real Destiny 2 endgame.

My options are:

1. Color every character with the same color scheme. Unacceptable, this isn't even an option, just here for completeness' sake.
  2. Color weapons with a "neutral" shader that matches all the characters. Real tough but I guess it could be possible. Not optimal though.
  3. Have 3 of every weapon I favor and color them all a different color based on the character. Very grindy for a complete loadout, and very mod intensive (especially for kinetic mods) but it would give me a Max Fashion option for every character, as well as giving me different elements of all energy/power weapons I use frequently. It would limit my loadout variety though.

Are there any other options I'm missing? Does anyone else have this problem?

Might fall under number 2, but find a common color or visual element among all your classes and use a shader with it.

For example, all of my classes feature gold in some way- Golden Trace, New Monarchy, Caius' Selected- so I use whatever shader looks best on the weapon and also features gold.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How hard is this Arms Dealer strike for the raid shotgun?

Took me 7 tries. the final boss spawns a million adds who dont stagger and take you out in 1-2 hits.

the trick is to wait for solar burn and pump him full of merciless shots at the very start of the fight with no adds. if you get it right, you can take out 2 out of 3 health bars right at the start and then you have 4-5 minutes to chip away at the rest of his health.

TyrantII

I have to admit that the idea of the free Clan rewards has killed my drive and desire to complete this particular raid multiple times which I just so happen to despise.

I thought giving out 10 PL Raid/Trials rewards was generous and controversial enough but 300 PL? That's insane and, well, dumb. But it really doesn't matter in my case as I get duplicates whether they were earned or not.

Honestly, the raid and trials clan rewards should be "trial weapons". Random 305 gear once the clan beat the objective for the week, but they disappear on reset and can't be used of infusion.

Sort of D1 gunsmithy hybrid. Let's you play around, but gets you invested in doing the activities to get the non ephemeral ones.

I have to admit that the idea of the free Clan rewards has killed my drive and desire to complete this particular raid multiple times which I just so happen to despise.

I thought giving out 10 PL Raid/Trials rewards was generous and controversial enough but 300 PL? That's insane and, well, dumb. But it really doesn't matter in my case as I get duplicates whether they were earned or not.

FWIW, Trials and Raid clan engrams drop only weapons. If you want the armor, you have to raid.

And 300 PL isn't that big a deal to me. If you're 300 you've played a ton of the game already and blues drop at 300. A 2x 300 level / week is nothing. It also means that after you get all the guns, the engrams are still valuable since they're infusion fuel.

Silvard

Might fall under number 2, but find a common color or visual element among all your classes and use a shader with it.

For example, all of my classes feature gold in some way- Golden Trace, New Monarchy, Caius' Selected- so I use whatever shader looks best on the weapon and also features gold.

What shader have you found works best? The gold parts aren't all the same gold but I guess it can work out.

Lnkn52

You dont have to pick them up, or you can always think of it as a extra drop. Its a mind thing.

TyrantII

I don't get this logic. The end game is there. I'm playing it. It's the Raid and Trials and events like Iron Banner, just as it was in Destiny 1.

Just because you don't have to grind for God rolls and such doesn't mean they "ripped out the end game."

If there's only static loot and no activities specific loot across all most activities, they need about 10 times as much loot as we have. An order of magnitude more loot.

80-100 hours in, and you'll have just about everything with the small loot base and lack of diversity.

I'm happy content wise. I'm not happy with the gameplay loops at end game, especially the dearth in PvE.

Daedalus Code yay or nay?

What else are the best hand canons? ( I can't find Hawk's post :( )

I linked it in the OP. ;)

Also, DC seems to be a yay? Everyone's still figuring out what works, so give it a shot.

I think they made NF too hard this week. I've run it 3x and we always run out of time. It's always so close.

What's burning up your time? Dying? That's what kills my runs. There are 32 anamolies in this strike, so that's an extra 16 minutes. Slow steady progress is the key to Nightfalls so far in D2. Specific tips for this week are having an Arc Scout for dealing with Knights. >.<

Floody

What’s the general consensus on nightfall difficulty this week?

Teamshoot the big guys and clear all ads and it's not too bad. Me and my team managed to finish it with around 7 minutes left on our best run.
Having a healing rift Warlock really helps, but if you don't have one just find cover and run in a circle gets you healing, Titan Wall shield or Hunter invisible bomb should give you enough time too.

Theorry

I think they made NF too hard this week. I’ve run it 3x and we always run out of time. It’s always so close.

You get most of the anomalies? You should easy have enough time then. I did it even with a LFG group with no mics. Focus on Knights with arc weapons, focus on Ogres and the rest is roaming super time and get the anomalies. Even with the LFG group i got 3 min left.

Mezoly

Dude fuck this whole timed Nightfall. Twice we were close to beating it and time ran out. One time it glitched and we couldn't destroy one of the crystals.

Happened last night to me :(. I used guided games and waited half an hour for it. I was with a good team and we all knew what we are doing and had 12 mins left while we were at the crystals part. With my limited time that sucks because I don't want to queue up for half an hour again. I'll try the D2 app LFG tonight.

Cornbread78

Happened last night to me :(. I used guided games and waited half an hour for it. I was with a good team and we all knew what we are doing and had 12 mins left while we were at the crystals part. With my limited time that sucks because I don't want to queue up for half an hour again. I'll try the D2 app LFG tonight.

Try to link up with some GAFfers on discord as well. Many guys have multiple characters, so they are always looking to run through it several times a week!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How's the nightfall this week? Last weeks was super easy.
This is much tougher than last week's, though not bad with some preparation.

The biggest factor by far is whether or not someone knows where most of the anomalies are. It's worth checking out a guide or so in advance.

Carry either an Arc or Solar energy weapon and the other in your Power slot to deal with Knights and Wizards respectively. Wardcliff Coil is an excellent choice for melting stubborn enemies or clearing tight groups.

The yellow bar ogres are incredibly deadly and high HP. A Sharpshooter Gunslinger with Celestial Nighthawk is a huge advantage to be able to blast them, especially if the other fireteam members have good orb generation.

Concerning the Nightfall this would be my suggestion, just go through the first run with the idea of locating most of the anomaly locations allowing you at least enough time to reach the boss. Then on the next run you should be able to extend the time enough to allow your fireteam to defeat the boss in time.

Ran it twice this week with two other random players and this was our first method and approach to it so it took two runs. The other group we did it first try as I already knew most of the anomaly locations.

Duplicate rewards turned me off from running it a third time on my Warlock.

Alucrid

Banned
This is much tougher than last week's, though not bad with some preparation.

The biggest factor by far is whether or not someone knows where most of the anomalies are. It's worth checking out a guide or so in advance.

Carry either an Arc or Solar energy weapon and the other in your Power slot to deal with Knights and Wizards respectively. Wardcliff Coil is an excellent choice for melting stubborn enemies or clearing tight groups.

The yellow bar ogres are incredibly deadly and high HP. A Sharpshooter Gunslinger with Celestial Nighthawk is a huge advantage to be able to blast them, especially if the other fireteam members have good orb generation.

nighthawk also chunks off like an eight of the boss hp

Dez_

I knew I wasn't crazy. Crucible can still get so one sided that Shaxx calls the end of the match. It just takes so long to trigger that it's almost pointless. Ran a Supremacy match where the team I was with was dominating so much that we mercied them with about a minute left on the clock. The final score: 31-1. Probably didn't help that the opposing team had several sets of people quitting the match.

Dude fuck this whole timed Nightfall. Twice we were close to beating it and time ran out. One time it glitched and we couldn't destroy one of the crystals.

Yeah... happened to one of our attempts during a prestige NF run, a good one at that. Completely deflating to have to restart the mission because of random glitches like that.

Even when we cheesed the anomalies it only maxed us out at like 18 mins at the first orge behind the 2 doors. Still ran out of time twice with 1/3 of the bosses health left

Raven117

I know Im in the minority here, but I like the changes to pvp.

Really fits my playstyle. In D1 I don't think I ever had a match where I didn't want to throw my controller in a fit of rage as some ass clown ran at me with a shotgun...

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Ikora really doesn't want to give me the Beta armour :-(

And Cayde's treasure chests only give me the blues...

What else are the best hand canons?

I'm really liking True Prophecy (FWC hand cannon). High impact and every bullet explodes after a short delay.

ZeoVGM

Banned
If there's only static loot and no activities specific loot across all most activities, they need about 10 times as much loot as we have. An order of magnitude more loot.

80-100 hours in, and you'll have just about everything with the small loot base and lack of diversity.

So it basically sounds like "end game" to you is having to play stuff over and over to get the same weapons but with better rolls.

Yeah, no thanks. While I agree there should be more loot than there is now, claiming they got rid of the end game is simply false. It's the same as it was in Destiny 2, minus the dumb grind.

void666

Banned
My experience with nightfall this week

1 - Glitching - 4 minutes left
2 - Glitching - 7 minutes left
3 - No glitch - third guys kept dying over and over so it was pretty much a 2 man nightfall.- 34 seconds left

Team shoot knights and ogres, save supers to clear adds in the boss room, don't rush, don't forget to run to regain health. I believe the majority of our deaths were due to us forgeting to run.

Detective

Finished NF for the fifth time now, been helping people on guided games and LFG Xbox. Had 7:20 left on time now, no glitches, and I feel like we wasted lots of time on some encounters. The random guy wasn’t so bad.

Top Bottom