• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN News And Announcements: 2012 Edition

Rhod

Thanks for following the game. It's quite different to Rotating Octopus Character (notably, it saves your progress after every stage!) but it's still a challenge to clear it with all pilgrims in tact. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed making it (it's finished now, just going through pre-release admin).

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
It was made in Cambridge, so we bloody better.

While we're at it, can we get the secret best PS2 game up there? By that I mean Ghosthunter.

Ghosthunter would be ace. Loved it on the PS2, but never finished it. At least we got NFS: Most Wanted this week, so I'm good.

Hope we'll get FF XII on PS3 somehow too, be it a PS2 re-release or a HD version.

V_Ben

Banned
Ghosthunter would be ace. Loved it on the PS2, but never finished it. At least we got NFS: Most Wanted this week, so I'm good.

Hope we'll get FF XII on PS3 somehow too, be it a PS2 re-release or a HD version.

I'd love that too, but let's face it... They're gonna remake it in HD for vita and ps3. And charge £40 for it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
1,818 games listed on us.playstation.com and we have this terrible selection of PS2 games on the store. What the crap?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Epic overlooked game. Cleared it about 3 times. Yeah would be great for PSN release along with FFXII.

I think I got to some library level or whatever, but I just stopped playing the game for some reason. It was good, but pretty hard (I had to resort to cheats, heh), and save points were few and far between,

I'd love that too, but let's face it... They're gonna remake it in HD for vita and ps3. And charge £40 for it.

I'll buy it day 1.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So much for Machinarium this month. :/

kassatsu

Banned
Fuel Overdose: A racing/action game with fighting game super meters. Coming this Spring.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/02/fuel-overdose-brings-tactical-action-racing-to-psn/

05.jpg

03.jpg

GeoramA

Papo & Yo update!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/29/papo-yo-update-monster-evolved/

Hello everybody! We’ve been hard at work since we first unveiled Papo & Yo last summer, and the game has come a long way in the past few months. As we get ready to (finally!) show off more of the game next week at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you all a little bit about how Monster – a character very important to both the story and to me personally – has evolved since my initial concept into the Monster you see today.

If you’ve been following Papo & Yo, you may remember that Monster represents my father, a man I had a difficult relationship with. To tell the story I wanted to tell – my story – I knew that this character had to show the positive aspects of the man I loved… and the negative aspects of the man I feared. This turned out to be challenging – I knew who Monster was, but not what he looked like. Luckily, I’m extremely fortunate to have friends like Nilo Rodis, a man who has worked on the art for movies ranging from Pixar titles to Star Wars, and the man who helped me find my father in Monster.

Nilo and I met during my time at EA, and when I started Minority as a way to make more personal games, he was one of the first people I started talking to. After I came to Nilo with the concept of Papo & Yo, we didn’t talk for a while – I basically buried myself in developing the game. When I finally had a prototype ready, Nilo liked it but saw problems with the way Monster looked – too much like a puppy, he thought. He asked me, “Do you see your father in that character?” and I honestly couldn’t say I did.
Nilo agreed to help us redesign our characters, and our final Monster, which you can see below, is big and powerful. He’s scary, but there is something that attracts you to him – something that makes you want to play with him, help him, even though he’s a beast who could fly into a rage and kill you.

Sg7X4.jpg

iSDB2.jpg

tusken77

Hope Buser isn't blowing hot air here, he's the new director of PlayStation Digital Platforms, and he sounds like he knows what he wants to do.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/09/a-new-era-for-playstation-network-begins-with-journey/

Edit: Also, I've hidden some PS+ codes in this post, in case nobody in the Journey thread saw them.

Have you listened to this week's Blogcast? They talk with Buser for about 10 minutes (and he speaks about self-publishing for devs on PSN). A great listen, gotta love his enthusiasm.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sony really seem to be getting their shit together as far as developer relations goes, given that Nintendo are traditionally a total pain to deal with and MS have gotten very picky about exactly what, when, and how product gets put on XBLA, PSN could enjoy an indian summer of support.

Roto13

Sony really seem to be getting their shit together as far as developer relations goes, given that Nintendo are traditionally a total pain to deal with and MS have gotten very picky about exactly what, when, and how product gets put on XBLA, PSN could enjoy an indian summer of support.

What year is this?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Roto13 said:
What year is this?

I was dealing with them on a Wiiware title last year. And although I wasn't present at the conference dealing with 3DSware, I heard enough off-putting stuff to convince me things weren't going to improve greatly in the short-term.

V_Ben

Banned
For those wondering about the game Closure that's just been released there is some video here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/25/closures-mind-bending-puzzles-hit-psn-next-spring/

The last blog post about the game was August 2011. Either Sony really do a crap job of promoting their indie titles (that aren't made by tgc) or the game isn't that good. Will wait for some reviews.

The developer has been doing stuff for the game, and there are still 2 weeks before the game comes out. I bet we'll see another blog post before then. :)

The developer has been doing stuff for the game, and there are still 2 weeks before the game comes out. I bet we'll see another blog post before then. :)

Ah, my mistake. Bad reading comprehension. Thought it was out. Look forward to some reviews in the next couple of weeks then.

V_Ben

Banned
Ah, my mistake. Bad reading comprehension. Thought it was coming out today. Look forward to some reviews in the next couple of weeks then.

With any luck, they'll put it up early like they did for Journey, so people could have reviews ready before the game came out.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Was Papo & Yo originally known as Papo y Yo, or am I just misremembering?

I kind of like Papo y Yo.

tmarques

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but is there a website where one can check current PSN prices? PSN store is so ridiculously slow for me I can't be bothered to browse it unless I know exactly what I want. I have 15 bucks collecting dust there since God knows when because of this.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but is there a website where one can check current PSN prices? PSN store is so ridiculously slow for me I can't be bothered to browse it unless I know exactly what I want. I have 15 bucks collecting dust there since God knows when because of this.

I only have a list of UK PSP PSN prices (including minis and PS1 games). I handle the store update threads over at Eurogamer ;)

Would that be of use to you or do you need a US list? (something I don't have I'm afraid)

tmarques

I only have a list of UK PSP PSN prices (including minis and PS1 games). I handle the store update threads over at Eurogamer ;)

Would that be of use to you or do you need a US list? (something I don't have I'm afraid)

Looking for a US list, but I'm sure yours would be of use to others.

I wouldn't have spent nearly as much money on XBLA if it wasn't for the browser-based store and I'd be surprised if it wasn't true for many others.

V_Ben

Banned
Looking for a US list, but I'm sure yours would be of use to others.

I wouldn't have spent nearly as much money on XBLA if it wasn't for the browser-based store and I'd be surprised if it wasn't true for many others.

If there's one thing SCE needs to implement for the next generation, its a browser based store. Let me que up downloads, and have my PS4 turn on when i'm away. Do it.

Top Bottom