• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take2/2K and 2017

bud23

Yeah after October 26th which is when their VR game releases, Take 2 has nothing publicly revealed on the slate going into their fiscal Q4 2017 or anything for next year that's been announced. Their investors call is November 2nd so it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and then.

Quick bit of history but in 2011 GTAV was announced on October 25th. A week later the first trailer debuted on November 2nd and Take 2's investors call was November 8th. So the idea and rumor is that if there was ever a time Rockstar would announce anything this year before the end of October we'll hopefully hear something.

Even if they don't announce anything, we will know if there is a Rockstar AAA game coming this year when T2 reveal its earning forecast for its next fiscal year, like happened when they implicitly revealed GTA V for PS4/X1/PC, a few months before it was announced at E3 2014

dex3108

Even if they don't announce anything, we will know if there is a Rockstar AAA game coming this year when T2 reveal its earning forecast for its next fiscal year, like happened when they implicitly revealed GTA V for PS4/X1/PC, a few months before it was announced at E3 2014

Well they always can hide things like they did Bioshock Collection.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While I'm sure they want Red Dead out next year, I'm still thinking it will end up getting delayed.

I think it's entirely plausible they actually just have nothing meaningful outside of NBA, WWE, and some DLC for existing titles, especially given both a new BioShock or Ken Levine's title would be very delay prone products, and I doubt Gearbox is ready with Borderlands 3.

Tonky

While I'm sure they want Red Dead out next year, I'm still thinking it will end up getting delayed.

I think it's entirely plausible they actually just have nothing meaningful outside of NBA, WWE, and some DLC for existing titles, especially given both a new BioShock or Ken Levine's title would be very delay prone products, and I doubt Gearbox is ready with Borderlands 3.
I thought the reason R* has been waiting so long to reveal it is so that they can have a short reveal--> release time span (<6 months).

dex3108

I am sure that Bioshock and Borderlands are not 2017 release (they will probably announce Blands 3 next year). But Rockstar last time announced new game 5 years ago and that is really long time for them. GTA Online brings tons of money but i am sure that they will do new SP game and time is kinda right.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I am sure that Bioshock and Borderlands are not 2017 release (they will probably announce Blands 3 next year). But Rockstar last time announced new game 5 years ago and that is really long time for them. GTA Online brings tons of money but i am sure that they will do new SP game and time is kinda right.

Honest question, when was the last time Rockstar announced a game and then didn't have it get delayed?

dex3108

Honest question, when was the last time Rockstar announced a game and then didn't have it get delayed?

It will be delayed for sure but sooner they announce it, sooner it will come out :D And Take 2 needs to please shareholders (they don't like empty months no matter how much money GTA Online brings).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I thought the reason R* has been waiting so long to reveal it is so that they can have a short reveal--> release time span (<6 months).

haha lol rockstar announce a game and release it in less than 6 months? good one.

between announcement of GTA V and release it was just under 2 years. in fact it was 1 year 10 months and 23 days after announcement it was released. if they hadn't delayed it there would have still been about 12-15 months until release. i'd love them to do what bethesda did with fallout 4 but i seriously doubt it will happen. the simple fact is Rockstar are in no rush to release anything else while people still buy shark cards in GTA Online.

when the time comes i hope their next game is Red Dead 3 and it doesn't have a Red Dead Online. they already ruined my favourite game series so i hope they don't do the same to Red Dead.

Top Bottom