• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take2/2K and 2017

dex3108

So lately i was thinking what games could get announced or released next year by different publishers and Take2/2K lineup seems a bit thin to me.

This October they will release their last announced game Civilization 6. They don't have anything announced for Q1 2017 so that will be 5 months of empty space (they will probably release DLCs for Mafia 3, Civ6 and XCOM2).

Then if we look at their studios they have Ken Levine project, Borderlands 3 and what else (beside NBA and WWE)? Is 2K Marin still alive? Could we see TurtleRock project next year or is it maybe next year Rockstar year?

Next year is definitely Rockstar year unless they're just gonna do one game per console lifecycle and milk it until it's dead/the next generation of consoles

Josemsar

Neo Member
Thought it sold like crap? Shame as I quite liked it.

Want full XCOM 2 expansion that hopefully doesn't break too many mods lol

Well... They actually missed a lot without the first part on PC. Now, remastering the first part (Or even just a direct port at 60 FPS) for current gen and PC.... I think that could make some money...

FelipeMGM

All they need is a Rockstar game and they are set.

And GTAV still selling well 3 years after its OG release, and there are no signs of that stopping anytime soon either

2K is going to have a good 2017.

I imagine Rockstar will release their end game and presumably a new Bioshock will launch at some point considering the statements regarding that franchise.

I would guess Rockstar announces and launches early 2017 with Borderlands and Bioshock heading up the holiday.

dex3108

Well there is still time for Rockstar to announce game. Next conference call for Take2 is in early November so Rockstar announcement could happen before that like they did with GTAV.

FelipeMGM

Well there is still time for Rockstar to announce game. Next conference call for Take2 is in early November so Rockstar announcement could happen before that like they did with GTAV.

Yep, they announced GTA V in a random November wednesday of 2011, they can do it whenever they want

Psoelberg

Expect a tease for the next Rockstar game somewhere around the 20 or 27th of October. That will be a week before the next investors call where the future is bound to be discussed.

Simo

Yeah after October 26th which is when their VR game releases, Take 2 has nothing publicly revealed on the slate going into their fiscal Q4 2017 or anything for next year that's been announced. Their investors call is November 2nd so it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and then.

Quick bit of history but in 2011 GTAV was announced on October 25th. A week later the first trailer debuted on November 2nd and Take 2's investors call was November 8th. So the idea and rumor is that if there was ever a time Rockstar would announce anything this year before the end of October we'll hopefully hear something.

Expect a tease for the next Rockstar game somewhere around the 20 or 27th of October. That will be a week before the next investors call where the future is bound to be discussed.
Hell this week is possible. Rockstar have done all the live streams and contests for their new Biker DLC already which all end on Monday night at midnight. Some of the GTA fans seem to think this is a little out of the ordinary and that digging through the new DLC files and that the next content drop seems to be quite a ways away.

FelipeMGM

Well it wasn't random, it was just before Investors Call.

I get that, but was that the main reason for the time of that annuncement tho?

That was a meeting for 2011 earnings and 2012 estimates, GTA V was at that point a TBA game

Not doubting that point or anything, just trying to understand the situation better

They could probably get away with just releasing a Red Dead Remaster and still rake in a shit ton of cash but I really hope Red Dead 3 is announced for early next year.

The rumours keep popping up online about it getting announced soon and R* have been silent for a long time now, so an early 2017 release would be an amazing start to the new year. Hopefully it will be a case of "Here's the trailer, its out in a few months" when they finally announce it.

Simo

That was a meeting for 2011 earnings and 2012 estimates, GTA V was at that point a TBA game

Not doubting that point or anything, just trying to understand the situation better

More than likely yes because they dropped the announcement right in the middle of Max Payne 3's marketing for no reason and then we never heard or saw much of, if anything, GTAV until over a year later in Game Informer's coverage.

Also it allowed T2 to show investors it's in development and "coming soon". This year Zelnick has said twice now that "Rockstar Games is hard at work on multiple projects that will be revealed soon". lol

dex3108

More than likely yes because they dropped the announcement right in the middle of Max Payne 3's marketing for no reason and then we never heard or saw much of, if anything, GTAV until over a year later in Game Informer's coverage.

Also it allowed T2 to show investors it's in development and "coming soon". This year Zelnick has said twice now that "Rockstar Games is hard at work on multiple projects that will be revealed soon". lol

Also 2011 wasn't that good year for them with Duke Nukem Forever release and L.A. Noire release.

Simo

Also 2011 wasn't that good year for them with Duke Nukem Forever release and L.A. Noire release.

L.A Noire did fine. It sold over 5 million copies though and helped boost Take 2's shares for an all time high in 3 years when the game was released and was repeatedly mentioned as being a "strong new IP and franchise" and reviewed quite well considering the development issues. In the investors packet from September 2015 Take 2 lists L.A Noire as one of the big new franchises and titles next to Mafia III and Battleborn oddly enough.

FelipeMGM

Yeah, those are all great points to that matter.

ViciousDS

Banned
NBA2K also

So many whales for 2k due to the way their game is structured around VC. You could enter the park on day one with people in the 80's overall and it would take weeks to reach their legit. Takes about $100 to get there money wise........a lot of their fan base defends the shit too. "Get a job son, I'll pay to avoid the grind any day". It's called don't design a sports game around grinding in the first place!

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I expect a Bioshock 4 Teaser at The Game Awards this year

Spring 2018 Scorpio/Pro

Believe

2K is going to have a good 2017.

I imagine Rockstar will release their end game and presumably a new Bioshock will launch at some point considering the statements regarding that franchise.

I would guess Rockstar announces and launches early 2017 with Borderlands and Bioshock heading up the holiday.

Red Dead 3 is possibility, but you're insane if you think a new Borderlands or Bioshock will be ready to launch in 2017. Borderlands 3 is probably a few months into full development at most, and I don't think they know what to do with Bioshock just yet. Certainly doesn't seem likely there will be a new instalment ready within 12 months.

I think a new Bioshock from 2K Marin is imminent, they haven't released a game since 2013 and the timing of The Bioshock Collection makes me think they're trying to rebuild interest in the franchise in front of a new game announcement.

Surely Read Dead 3 will see a 2017 release? It's mid gen now and it appears that R* San Diego have been working on this project for an eternity.
Then again, I see how much NBA 2K and GTA V online rake in and that studio could have all the dev time in the world given to them.

Whenever that game is announced will just be a random as hell day.

I think a new Bioshock from 2K Marin is imminent, they haven't released a game since 2013 and the timing of The Bioshock Collection makes me think they're trying to rebuild interest in the franchise in front of a new game announcement.

That was just a remaster to rake in some extra cash like most pubs do with beloved old franchises right now.

Bioshock is dead for now, Ken Levine is working on a new indie-esque project.

GlamFM

Banned
Red Dead 3 (or 2) 2017 I guess.

If R* want to hit their usual release window it could actually be announced real soon.

Like this year soon.

dex3108

Red Dead 3 (or 2) 2017 I guess.

If R* want to hit their usual release window it could actually be announced real soon.

Like this year soon.

As we talked we could see same announcement pattern as GTA V. Few days before Investors Call that is in early November.

Chobel

If I had to guess, they'll be copying Fallout 4 style announcement: Announce the games only when they're close to release (6 months or so).

Tiduz

Eurogaime
2017 YEAR OF TOP SPIN 5 BELIEVE

tennis-ball-face.jpg

FelipeMGM

Red Dead Revolver is back at AU PSN as a PS2 PS4 game.

Maybe now its official and they are timing this with a new announcement?

Top Bottom