• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I can believe this is coming to consoles, but have a hard time believing it is a true PS3 exclusive. We'll see!

Dragon

Banned
I don't see why Blizzard/Activision would be dumb enough to put this only on the PS3. They know the type of gamer that resides on the 360. This rumor doesn't make sense.

I don't see why Blizzard/Activision would be dumb enough to put this only on the PS3. They know the type of gamer that resides on the 360. This rumor doesn't make sense.

the only plausible reason, i because of some kind of limitations among Xbox Live and Battle.net

even though i believe the best platform ( console platform) possible could be Wii U, just for tablet-pad reason, meanwhile the most appealing sales wise would be X360, no contest here

sun-drop

huge if true ....my PC just only barely runs it.

i finished normal tonight. but hoesntly i cant see for the life of me whats on screen thats such a system hog ...ps3 games have more geometry being thrown about .... :/

and a game pad to control the thing would be awesome ..running and shooting in the oppersite direction please

Haunted

Dunno. The text is generic and could apply to any system. Redcoon isn't one of those retailers where I see a listing and go "holy shit, it's really true".

That said, it's not an impossibility.

Damn what year is this again?
2012, the last year for the PS3.

Curufinwe

It makes total sense. XBL is much more locked down than PSN; just look at Portal 2 and Dust 514.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sony turns to the PC space as their saviors...

They already had Based Gaben on their stage...

Now it's time for the ultimate almighty Blizzard to grace their stage!

elcranky

Banned
I would call this a miniTON. It would have qualified as a MEGAMEGAton if Blizzard hadn't just mailed in D3 and had actually made a great game instead of just a decent one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I could actually see this happening. Sony is much more likely to allow BlizzNet stuff on PSN than Microsoft is on Live.

Dragon

Banned
It makes total sense. XBL is much more locked down than PSN; just look at Portal 2 and Dust 514.

Yes I agree that part makes sense. But spending the resources to port it to the least selling console in the US?

Portal 2 wasn't console exclusive it just had steamworks right?

angelfly

Yes I agree that part makes sense. But spending the resources to port it to the least selling console in the US?

Doesn't D3 require Battle.net to play? It seems like a part of D3 that just can't be separated unless they made a console exclusive version rather than a port.

Pranay

I do think with a price drop PS3 will sell a lot especially in Europe/Asia where some Ps3 excusives a year old are still topping the charts in countries where Retail is going great

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Any version without the DRM is the definitive version in my opinion. If it has to be on a console or handheld for me to buy it then so be it.

It'll still be online only... Sucks.

SparkTR

Sony turns to the PC space as their saviors...

They already had Based Gaben on their stage...

Now it's time for the ultimate almighty Blizzard to grace their stage!

It's mutual, they are funding Planetside 2, one of my most anticipated PC games ever.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Sony lets you use always on DRM, which Blizzard is quite fond of.

Derrick01

Banned
I feel really bad for Sony if this is true. This could have been a rare megaton, something we almost never see anymore.

Cyntec

Vita version would be bananas. Portable D3 on a screen with possible touch controls? Yes please.

would be cool as long as I share my B.net-Account with the PC. So said, play on the PC at home, continue on the Vita while on the road. That would be a reason for me to buy a 3G-version of the handheld - if tethering doesn't make the job. :)

Shadow780

would be cool as long as I share my B.net-Account with the PC. So said, play on the PC at home, continue on the Vita while on the road. That would be a reason for me to buy a 3G-version of the handheld - if tethering doesn't make the job. :)

I don't see why not seeing everything's on the server side anyway.

BadWolf

Yeah if they can secure it for Vita then that would be one heck of a win.

Is the game technically demanding? Would a Vita port be viable?

Top Bottom