• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Record of Agarest War Zero |OT| -- No Naughty Edition This Time!

Quixzlizx

I'm getting the 360 version in case I ever beat the first one, due to the new game+ transfer. It's too bad the PS3 version of the first game didn't have a retail release :(

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Quixzlizx said:
I'm getting the 360 version in case I ever beat the first one, due to the new game+ transfer. It's too bad the PS3 version of the first game didn't have a retail release :(

Well, there is also always the possibility of obtaining PS3 Agarest War 1 save data online :)

But awesome regardless for picking up the game :D! Both the 360 and PS3 versions are great!

bh7812

Banned
If anyone is even remotely considering buying the game I would do it really, really soon..I know availability of any game varies by area but I did luck out in picking up a copy for PS3 today. However, it was the very last-literally last copy my GS had. The guy there was telling me this game will be one of the harder games to come by this year and that PS3 copies are going to be much harder to get than copies for 360. I wanted a standard edition, but the one copy left was an LE. I just took it since it looks like the game will get very difficult to find and fast. I also asked if they had a copy of the first game for the 360, not expecting them to have one and he said I was in luck and they still had a few of those. I bought that too...which was the LE version. My plan was to hopefully luck out and get Zero along with the first game on 360 today and I managed one copy of each but BARELY. So if you run into a copy of each game in the next few weeks and don't have them already might want to pick them up.

Sqorgar

Banned
Volcynika said:
Well Amazon's like "sorry man, we're gonna delay your LE shipment again, you might get it in July!"

:(
Amazon does this with all the Aksys games. NIS America stuff too. They always get it midway through the week instead of the release date. Always freaks me out. Amazon frequently steps up the shipping so that you get one day when this happens.

My Agarest Zero should be shipping today. If you preordered, yours likely will too.

MjFrancis

Yeah, I preordered the LE and Amazon has not shipped it yet. I haven't played the first game, either, so I'm not going to for a little while yet. It's just difficult knowing how much an investment of time the first game is to 1000/1000 on the Xbox 360. I am all about getting all I can out of these sorts of games, and reading some number like taking 200+ hours to get there - I would be playing that game exclusively until September! If not a little longer.

Anyone here who maxed out the first game have a good estimate of the time it took?

Belisarius

Neo Member
FYI guys, the Amazon shipping stuff was because they hadn't actually received the product (since we shipped it out on Tuesday). Apparently the "Now you get it in July!" thing is/was because of how their system deals with...stuff like that. Anyway, we just talked to them, and they've received all the copies of Agarest we sent them, so your pre-orders should be shipping out real soon.

Ashodin

Buy this so Agarest 2 comes to the US. From what I've seen on Youtube, it looks REALLY badass. Full sprite animation and movement (in cutscenes!), refined and modified strategy RPG gameplay (reminiscient of Radiant Historia) - and of course that wicked soul breeding system.

DO IT!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Maxrpg said:
Buy this so Agarest 2 comes to the US. From what I've seen on Youtube, it looks REALLY badass. Full sprite animation and movement (in cutscenes!), refined and modified strategy RPG gameplay (reminiscient of Radiant Historia) - and of course that wicked soul breeding system.

DO IT!

Don't forget world map too :3!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Maxrpg said:
Oh so you guys have already been looking at it. You should totally release it and make it LE too!

And I wouldn't mind a dub either ;)

Haha, just me watching videos and trailers of it as a fan :)

Sqorgar

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Buy this so Agarest 2 comes to the US.
Strangely, I'm not worried about that. For some reason, in a climate where big name, high profile JRPGs from Nintendo, Sega, and Square-Enix are somehow not getting localized for the US, Compile Heart's library has no problem.

It's like Atlus has died and been replaced by a crappy Western shovelware third party, but XSEED and NIS America are picking up their slack completely through Idea Factory and Falcom.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
So has anyone got very far yet in Record of Agarest War Zero? :D

Who's everyone's favorite girl so far in the first generation? Or possibly the second ;)?

Ashodin

I'm still trudging through the first, but I'll say that the second one definitely has a different "air" about it. I'm itching to play!

BKK

Volcynika said:
Does the game have any VA (English or Japanese)?
It does have VA, but there is no English dub for the game. All Japanese!

Does this mean that SCEA have completely dropped the requirement that retail releases cannot have Japanese VA? I understand that they made an exception for Yakuza, but if something as niche as Agarest is allowed then surely anything is?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BKK said:
Does this mean that SCEA have completely dropped the requirement that retail releases cannot have Japanese VA? I understand that they made an exception for Yakuza, but if something as niche as Agarest is allowed then surely anything is?

They have relaxed the policy, yes.

rykomatsu

Maxrpg said:
I'm still trudging through the first, but I'll say that the second one definitely has a different "air" about it. I'm itching to play!

Personally, I enjoyed Agarest's story line over Agarest Zero's story line tbh. Zero was a tad too short imho. Want to pick up Agarest 2, but have a backlog right now (digesting Totori...Meruru's coming next week...ToX end of summer)...maybe at the turn of the year...

So I'm seeing that Zero isn't as much of a forced grindfest? That was my biggest problem with the original, uninspired combat notwithstanding.

MjFrancis

Amazon finally shipped my LE today. Saved three cents. Woohoo!

MjFrancis said:
Anyone here who maxed out the first game have a good estimate of the time it took?
Still wondering about this. I've been putting off playing it for a bit as a result.

Ashodin

NotebookJ2 said:
Do you have to play the first game in order to fully appreciate this one? I mean, I know it's a prequel and all but still...
Not in particular - but if you beat it you get your save data to carry over to the second! It's hard not to do that!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
DLC for this week is now available :)

Here is what all of this week's DLC entails ;)

6/14 DLC Recap Post:

http://bit.ly/mH7Mlb

6/21 DLC

Status Boost Pack 2

Strength Upgrade Ver. 2!
Contains 2 STR Up+, 2 VIT Up+, 2 AGI Up+, 2 INT Up+, 2 LUK Up+ and Max. HP Up+.
"We'll be always looking out for you, but... Well, you already know the rest..."
"Don't be lazy!"

Legendary Goods Pack

Contains 2 Divine Branch, 2 Unicorn Horn, 2 Moon Fragment, 2 Magic Crystal Chip, 1 Seed of Happiness, and 1 Bracelet of Feicui.
"...This branch isn't from grandpa...is it?"
"..."

Dream Oracle Pack

Contains 2 Damascus, 2 Meteoric Iron, 2 Generation Crystal, 2 Lapis Noster, 1 Shiny Fang, and 1 Whispered Dream.
"U-Um... I've collected all these things, just like my dream said..."

Rear-Echelon Support Pack 1

I put together a Railgun, Divine Guard, Crystal Bracelet, Dark Bracelet, and Bracelet of Light for you, bro!

Fallen Angel Pack

Contains Black Frame, Black Bustier, Angel Halo, and Angel Wing.
This might be the perfect package for people who were hoping to dress up as a fallen angel for Halloween this year.

Impregnable Defenses Pack 1

"Attacking isn't the only way to fight, you know?"
I've prepared and Extra Frame, a Chaos Frame, Heaven's End, and E. O. M. for you.

Chaos War Pack

Contains 1 Rage Blaster, 1 Vajra Rod, 1 Altis Rod, 1 99 Magnum, and 1 Epsilon Ring.
"I feel like these are all relic from a war on a different world..."

Point Addition Pack 2

Contains 50,000 G, 5000 EP, 150 PP and 350 TP.
This package gives you a little room to breathe.

TP Addition Pack

It contains 20,000 TP and 2500 PP.
Place your hands on your hips. Don't you suddenly feel like letting out a great satisfied laugh?

PP Addition Pack 1

5000 PP acquired!
These are status points to be shared among your party members. It's up to you whether you want to share them equally, or spoil certain characters!

Extra Dungeon 2

I can see it... With this, you will acquire the additional dungeon "Neige Snow Field," which is playable during the second generation. In order to get there, you must proceed through the game to a certain point, and view a certain event. Now you journey into the frontier begins...

Additional Costume 1

Something new to dress one of the women up in during Free Intention!
Why don't you go put it on someone now?

6/28 and 7/5 will be the remaining two weeks worth of DLC, so keep your eyes peeled :D!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Also, the RoAWZ US soundtrack naming list, if you guys need it :)

1 Agarest War Zero Suite
2 Venexia
3 Vaporetto
4 The Grand Canal
5 An Account of Zero
6 Espresso Coffee
7 Dried Fruit
8 Aqua Winds
9 Gondola
10 Beginning of Century
11 Rainy Day
12 Zero Visibility
13 Haunted
14 Inside the Fire
15 Fight of Secrets
16 Recognition of Betrayal
17 Judgment Day
18 For Eternity
19 Game Over
20 An Eternity of Regret
21 The Priest ver. Zero
22 Tension and Anger ver. Zero
23 Our Future ver. Zero
24 Face the Truth ver. Zero
25 With Light Steps ver. Zero
26 Under the Delusion ver. Zero
27 An Adventure Story ver. Zero
28 Wild Life ver. Zero
29 Awakening ver.Zero
30 7th Ave. ver. Zero
31 City Life ver. Zero
32 Midnight Venexia
33 Framing Temples
34 Zero Memories

Enjoy! :D

tiff

Banned
My PS3 LE came in today. Don't want to play it until I finish the first game, but I don't mind another LE box with a bunch of cute girls sitting on my shelf either~

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
InfiniteNine said:
You guys are going to have this at AX right? Save a 360 LE for me! :)

Yeah, we should have plenty of 360 LEs to sell at AX, just not as many PS3 ones ;)

But better to get to our booth to grab one sooner than later :D

Jucksalbe

Banned
Akselziys said:
Additional Costume 1
Something new to dress one of the women up in during Free Intention!

Is this really just one costume for one character? $4.99 seems a bit much just for that.

so im a good 2 hours in. my only problem with this game is there is WAY too much dialogue. text bubble exchanges should never ever ever EVER go on for that long. its infuriating.

everything else is good. i love the system of discovering/unlocking the combos. pretty sure i will replay to get better grades on these battles

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Third batch of DLC comes out today!

Here is what the DLC for this week entails:

6/14 DLC Recap Post:

http://bit.ly/mH7Mlb

6/21 DLC Recap Post:

http://bit.ly/iFecEs

6/28 DLC

Noble Person Pack

This contains Princess Bustier, Princess's Tiara, Imperial Guard, and Levitation Stone.
"They don't seem very down-to-earth, do they..."

Legendary Beast Pack

This contains Seiryu's Sword, Genbu's Gauntlet, Byakko's Bracelet, and Suzaku's Ring.
"Saya, I think this is a great time for you to finally memorize all the directions."
"Y-Yes, I suppose... H-Huh...?"

Impregnable Defenses Pack 2

"Attacking isn't the only way to fight. Keep that in mind."
I've put together a Dragon Frame, a Demon Frame, a Mighty Ring, a Dismal Sylph, and a Prometheus Bound for you.

Point Addition Pack 3

Contains 1,000,000 G, 500,000 EP, 750 PP, and 2500 TP. This package will make you feel generous all the time.
Perhaps it's time to let go of the stomach medicine you've been keeping in your pocket.

PP Addition Pack 2

10,000 PP acquired!
These are status points to be shared among your party members. It's up to you whether you want to share them equally, or spoil certain characters!

Gallery Open

This will unlock all the gallery items for viewing.

Voice Open

This will unlock all of the voices.

Face Gallery Open

This will unlock all of the character facial animations for viewing.

Movie Gallery Open

This will unlock all of the movies for viewing.

Additional Costume 2

Something new to dress the women up in during Free Intention!

There's one last batch of DLC coming next week, so get hype! XD

bryehn

So, uh this game kinda sucks. It's simply not fun. I was really hoping for a primer for Disgaea 4, but the whole thing is pretty simple. And what's with the 6.4GB install on the 360?

Every game should have auto-advance dialogue though.

frequency

Akselziys said:
Also, the RoAWZ US soundtrack naming list, if you guys need it :)

*snip*

Enjoy! :D
Thanks!
Best Buy (Canada) finally decided to send me the PS3 LE today. I was looking for a track listing.

The release of this title has gotten me back into the first Agarest War game. Currently near the beginning of the Third Generation. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoyed it despite all of its flaws.

So I'm sort of curious, however. One of the best parts of Agarest has been tailoring the hero of each generation. With there being five generations in the first game you end up with some pretty diverse possibilities (even if I am being lame and going the pure melee / sword build so far). Does Agarest Zero have as much of this with there only being two generations?

How long is it compared to the first? I've heard that Agarest 1 can be up to a 100 hours long. (20 hours per generation or so?) Is Zero about 40? Or less? Or more?

I really do hope they bring out Agarest 2, at any rate. I definitely like the way these titles look on my shelf if nothing else.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
GrandHarrier said:
The release of this title has gotten me back into the first Agarest War game. Currently near the beginning of the Third Generation. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoyed it despite all of its flaws.

So I'm sort of curious, however. One of the best parts of Agarest has been tailoring the hero of each generation. With there being five generations in the first game you end up with some pretty diverse possibilities (even if I am being lame and going the pure melee / sword build so far). Does Agarest Zero have as much of this with there only being two generations?

How long is it compared to the first? I've heard that Agarest 1 can be up to a 100 hours long. (20 hours per generation or so?) Is Zero about 40? Or less? Or more?

I really do hope they bring out Agarest 2, at any rate. I definitely like the way these titles look on my shelf if nothing else.

Actually, even though the game is only two generations, the length is pretty much equivalent.

Also, if you import clear data from Agarest 1 or even clear data from Agarest Zero, you can access the
Door of Destiny, which will give you access to a playable digest version of all 5 generations of Agarest 1 ;)

Top Bottom