• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is up on Xbox Live and PSN US. PSN EU whenever.

haikira

Figures. Is it visually the same as well (performance wise and so on) as the ZoE one?

On the LQ-841 Boss at the minute. I'll be able to report if there's anything new afterwards.

As for performance. I've played through the ZoE demo a load of times and think i'd be able to notice any large difference. But nothings sticking out for me. I noticed Boris still goes out of sync, when i enter the first building, just like he does for me on the ZoE disc. So perhaps it's exactly the same code as the first demo? I'm not sure though.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Why was anyone expecting them to make a different demo? We would've heard something or seen videos from JPSN users by now if it was a new demo.

Konami PR is as usual too mysterious for its own good. Glad its not another level though, as the game is gonna be too short most likely and you dont want to play too much beforehand.

But it'll all be new to me! :D

haikira

Why was anyone expecting them to make a different demo? We would've heard something or seen videos from JPSN users by now if it was a new demo.

In their press release they said.

"You'll be able to try out three stages from the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance game. What they are, Konami didn't say."

I guess most people, myself included, counted the first demo as a tutorial and one stage. The fact they wouldn't comment what the demo was, was also quite interesting.

haikira

Just finished the demo. Content wise, it's exactly the same.

I guess we'll know tomorrow if it's the same code, when the PS3 demo comes out. As it'll be easy to spot, if Raiden's hair still goes super saiyen, during certain effects.

Dachande

I'm not surprised it's the same demo, really. They'd have to branch off the data and code all over again with the latest stuff and test it all over again, which would be a massive time-sink while they're already trying to get the full thing finished.

Would've been nice to get some of the major bugs like crashes fixed, but if merging new code into the old code to fix it is too dangerous or time-consuming, I can't blame them for not doing it, especially if the crash is rare.

The lack of an evade feels very odd considering I'm supposed to be playing as a super cyborg ninja

Other than that, I thought it was pretty cool

The lack of an evade feels very odd considering I'm supposed to be playing as a super cyborg ninja

untitled1k1jvn.gif

Krecik

Judgind by the videos, the tutorial in the game is a second tutorial, explaining how to use Blade Mode. It's after Raiden lost his eye, and there's a part before that, so I'd guess that evading, parrying and all that is explained in the first tutorial, not included in the demo.

Ricker

I hate the set up for the controls...why does it invert one of the axes when you go in blade mode...and the game is too hard for my taste....should be great for the people skilled in this but not for me and easy will probably be boring...oh well.

haikira

Go into blade mode and go nuts on the watermelon - the framerate has a heart attack.

I believe at press events before the ZoE demo, the game didn't just have a heart attack. It just flat out died. Back then, I don't think there was a limit to how many separate pieces, items could be cut into.

haikira

Oh God this game is good.

And how disgusting is to play action games on 360 controller.

PS3 version, DAY FUCKING 1!!!

I actually thought it was surprisingly fine on the 360 pad. Though I've been playing a lot of Bayonetta again, which is good training for the pad.

Also worth mentioning, i haven't got to try the PS3 demo yet. But since it hits EU tomorrow, i'll get to try it at last.

JPKellams

I believe at press events before the ZoE demo, the game didn't just have a heart attack. It just flat out died. Back then, I don't think there was a limit to how many separate pieces, items could be cut into.

It died prior to the ZoE demo. I think my record was close to two hundred fragments before the crash would kick in. Obviously, we fixed that.

haikira

It died prior to the ZoE demo. I think my record was close to two hundred fragments before the crash would kick in. Obviously, we fixed that.

I think even now, it's crazy how many slices you can stuff into. It's amazing that it has the cutting mechanic, mixed with 60 FPS.

Just got done beating the demo a second time, it's pretty fun! I'll probably try it on the PS3 to; not sure which platform to get it for.

Well that was flat-out awesome! I had high hopes and the demo still managed to surpass my expectations. The tutorial was ho-hum, but after that I had a smile on my face the whole way through.

First of all the game from a graphics perspective surprised me – it really looks fantastic to me. I’m also surprised at how detailed slicing the environments is. I was not expecting it to be so fleshed out.

And the gameplay? Pure PlatinumGames bliss! The team has done it again! You feel like such a badass and its just pure fun to play. Thank you so much PlatinumGames.....you are freaking amazing! ♥

dan2026

Ok A+X does do a little hop depending on which direction you are pushing.

Also the game wont let you hack up the cat at the start of the demo.
(It just jumps out of the way)

So much for casual animal cruelty lol.

Died a couple of times fighting two Gekkos, had trouble keeping up with them with the camera. Aside from the camera giving me some problems the game seemed super awesome, hopefully the camera will be less of an issue the more I play.

def sim

I only managed to get five or so minutes of game time, but at least it feels right. It took me a some time to figure out how to dodge so it was a bit awkward.

I'm excited to see more later tonight.

Majukun

got a freeze while trying to skip a cutscene :/

anyway,it's me or the amount of combos and moves in this game is really short?there's any guide on the battle system on the internet?

I only managed to get five or so minutes of game time, but at least it feels right. It took me a some time to figure out how to dodge so it was a bit awkward.

I'm excited to see more later tonight.

wait?you can dodge?how?
all i managed to do is parry and block

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
JP, send Grace Chen a threatening tweet or something, duder.

triggaz

Banned
god I suck at this parrying is ridiculous hard for me. I hate having to push the analogue stick in for any primary function in any game though. If I ever do pick this up I may have to play on easy. I just didn't get it. I had to sneak pass the two mechs I was actually starting to think you can't beat them. Got to the boss kept dying cut it off. I'm just not the caliber action game player this seems catered to.

Krecik

LOL. Yep. I know which one you are talking about. It is fixed. And we cool, man. We cool. 60fps.

Well, that's great!

Do you perhaps know anything about the particle effects difference between PS3 and X360 versions? I only own a PS3 and had to suffer worse version of Bayonetta and I'm kinda worried it's going to happen again ;)

apesh1t

Banned
dem textures are harsh, but 60 fps, also slicing up the car makes it look like it's a giant car cake or something, nothing acts independently of each other.

Never beat the demo, but it was fun, and I gotta go, I'll try it more when i get back.

I do how ever hate that the blade mode doesn't slow down more, I guess that's something you need to level up? I got further button mashing my way through it then I did using blade mode.

Oh I never played the ZOE demo so I'm new to this.

S1kkZ

@PlatinumGamesJP: any idea why the demo is not available in germany? game got a usk rating (uncut) so that shouldnt be the problem, right?

Falifax

Died a couple of times fighting two Gekkos, had trouble keeping up with them with the camera. Aside from the camera giving me some problems the game seemed super awesome, hopefully the camera will be less of an issue the more I play.

You can lock your camera onto an enemy using RB.

Top Bottom