• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2017

chronomac

I have trouble finding the quote but I remember reading them saying this. Not sure if it was during the January investor meeting or a random JP interview or when exactly.

I think I remember them saying this too. I wouldn't expect a sale for a long while. There's no real need.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I got $20 credit banked.

Trying to decide if I should buy something tonight or else hold it for later.

Problem is nothing this month interests me other than Street Fighter and I'm not buying that shit on principle at full price due to SFV being a cluster fuck and a half.

Umibozu

I got $20 credit banked.

Problem is nothing this month interests me other than Street Fighter and I'm not buying that shit on principle at full price due to SFV being a cluster fuck and a half.
Garou: Mark of the wolves is probably coming to the switch next week for under $10 if you're looking for a fighting game.

Shiggy

I got $20 credit banked.

Then don't buy anything. It's really that easy.

TheMoon

20 really is the new 15. I mean, it's great to restore some value to the perception of video games but it really does make it harder to take some medium impulse plunges for me. Haven't bought a single Switch eShop game yet (also because cash is severely limited since that March 3 mega dump) since all the interesting stuff either desperately needs a patch (Swifty) or is all 20 bucks.

Vanillalite

Garou: Mark of the wolves is probably coming to the switch next week for under $10 if you're looking for a fighting game.

There are the KoF games as well, but I was trying to wait for Pocket Rumble.

Then don't buy anything. It's really that easy.

OK?

I was trying to figure out if I just wanted to bank my credit for June or buy some of the stuff already out.

Like some stuff I sorta want that's already out, but can't decide if I really need or could pass/wait for sale.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- NBA Playgrounds: Classic NBA arcade action is back! Take your “A” game to the playground and beat the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Collect your favorite players from a massive roster of current and retired NBA superstars from every team. NBA Playgrounds will be available on May 9 in Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch console.
- Blaster Master Zero – Demo Version – Blaster Master Zero, the 8-bit style action-adventure game, is getting a few new updates – starting with a free demo on Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch console. If you were curious about the game, now’s your chance to try it out and blast some mutants. And if you have the game already, the version 1.2 update adds some fun new experiences, like a new “hard mode” that you can access after clearing the game. Also new is the EX Character Mode, which allows you to play through the entire game as one of many new DLC characters that will be available for purchase.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Bonk’s Revenge – Bonk is back in this TurboGrafx-16 sequel! Bonk’s Revenge is a side-scrolling action game in which you Jump and “Bonk” (headbutt) your enemies while you make your way to the goal at the end of each stage. Double – even triple! – your attack power by eating the meat that appears in a stage. There are eight different hidden bonus stages, and the Dinosaur Train that appears after you defeat a boss will change depending on how many Smileys you’ve collected.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

New Street Fighter themed My Nintendo Rewards – To celebrate the release of the Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers game for the Nintendo Switch console on May 26, My Nintendo is offering rewards featuring select games in the Street Fighter franchise!
40 percent off Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Nintendo 3DS)
40 percent off Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Virtual Console on Wii U)
40 percent off Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
Wallpaper: Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers

To learn more about these and other My Nintendo rewards, head over to https://my.nintendo.com/.

Also new this week:

- Triple Breakout (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
- Blaster Master Zero – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Infinite Golf (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- WinKings (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Citadale – The Legends Trilogy (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- FIFTEEN (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

TumbleSeed (aeiowu) - €13.99/£11.99

TumbleSeed is a deceptively deep roguelike about balancing a seed up a dangerous and ever-changing mountain. Avoid holes and defeat corrupted creatures in this dual-stick action adventure. Along your perilous trek you'll be forced to strategize, grow powerful with upgrades, and master the art of rolling to avoid the mountain's many dangers.

ACA NEOGEO BLAZING STAR (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
"BLAZING STAR" is a shooting game released by SNK in 1998.

Your mission is to take on the sinister AI ”Brawshella" that is the main culprit behind an army of deadly biological weapons. You have 6 different ships at your disposal for this task.

The game features classic high score gameplay with higher points awarded when players land successful charge shots to chain multiple enemies.

Blaster Master Zero Demo (Inti Creates) - Free
Blaster Master Zero is an action-exploration game done in an 8-bit top-down & side-view style that hearkens back to the golden age of the NES. Using the original 1988 NES title "Blaster Master" from Sunsoft as a base, Blaster Master Zero has many new additions, such as new areas and bosses, new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay, a more robust scenario, refined and expanded exploration mechanics, and more. In the near future on Earth, a young man named Jason Frudnick boards the battle vehicle SOPHIA III and sets off on an adventure in the subterranean depths of the planet.

Blaster Master Zero: EX CHARACTER: GUNVOLT (Inti Creates, DLC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Free until May 18)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas Demo (CIRCLE Ent.) - Free

Hitomi Akeneno is a 16 year old high school student with a little secret - she has not one, but two psychic powers.After receiving an invitation, she boards a luxury cruise ship with her friend, Chisono Shio. As soon as she enters a suite room, a loud explosion sounds...and she finds herself stuck,unable to get out. Is this an accident? Or something far more sinister...? The only way to find out is to escape, with the help of her powers.

Blaster Master Zero: EX CHARACTER: GUNVOLT (Inti Creates, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.79 (Free until May 18)

Special offers

Pinball Breakout (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends June 1, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Kutar Apple (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends May 18, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Burger Factory (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends May 18, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar End Credits (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends May 18, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Powder Factory (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends May 18, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Ski Lift (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends May 18, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails (Big John Games) - €3.89/£3.49 (Ends May 25, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends May 18, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Word Search 10K (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 18, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Pyramids (VERSTRAETEN) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, was €3.99/£3.59)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Citadale - The Legends Trilogy (Nitrolic Games) - €8.49/£7.25 (€4.66/£3.98 if you own Citadale)

Citadale - The Legends Trilogy includes all three chapters of Citadale. The story is continued to tell the story of Sonja Dorleac on her quest. Many levels to conquer, many hidden gems to find. If you liked the original Citadale, you'll love the trilogy!

FIFTEEN (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
In FIFTEEN you must rearrange the blocks to display in order of 1 to 15. Using the touchscreen you can manipulate the position of each block to accomplish the objective. Beginning order of the blocks is random and adds to the endless challenge!

Triple Breakout (nuGAME) - €4.99/£4.99
Triple Breakout is a breakout game for one or two players combining game mechanics from a traditional breakout game and a pong game. Play against the computer opponent aiming for a high score, compete against a friend or play solo mode.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Voice Pack (Nintendo, Add-on Content) - Free
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Giant Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.99

Special offers

Bit Dungeon+ (Dolores Entertainment) - €2.00/£2.00 (Ends May 25, normally €4.99/£4.99)
Midnight 2 (Petite Games) - €1.59/£1.43 (Ends May 25, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends May 18, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Ice Cream Surfer (Dolores Ent.) - €1.50/£1.50 (Ends May 25, normally €5.00/£4.49)

maxcriden

I only understand hiragana and katakana but I suppose what you said with that deshita and the o- formal. :p

ありがとうございます

I said "otsukare samadeshita," which is an expression essentially meaning "thanks for your hard work" and is often said from one person to another after a workday or specific task is accomplished. :) My kanji knowledge is far from extensive, I just used the auto-included kanji for this expression from my keyboard. I hopefully know a couple hundred kanji at this point. I'm trying to focus more on grammar and vocal at the moment. :)

(Happy to move this to PMs if you prefer to reply that way, since I can talk about Japanese endlessly!)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh sweet, a demo version of Blaster Master Zero! & it looks like you can try part of the first & third area in the game. Plus I can download Gunvolt right now, though it creates an icon with the cloud icon next to the game basically saying "hey, you don't own the actual game".

Though why in the world is B the confirm button & A the cancel button?

BooJoh

Oh sweet, a demo version of Blaster Master Zero! & it looks like you can try part of the first & third area in the game. Plus I can download Gunvolt right now, though it creates an icon with the cloud icon next to the game basically saying "hey, you don't own the actual game".

Though why in the world is B the confirm button & A the cancel button?
Yeah, the controls seem awkward at first, and will take some getting used to.

So you can get the free DLC without owning the game yet?

Is the 3DS version ever going to have 3D? I'm already leaning toward Switch if I get the game but lack of 3D would be the nail in the coffin for the 3DS version.

Cross-buy would sure be nice though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On Switch, yup, looks like you can. It'll just create the icon for the game on the home menu, but you can't actually select it (though interestingly, you can still go into options & update the game, which is super nice to have the game up to date when you finally buy it).

I would guess on 3DS, it's the usual "can't buy DLC unless you actually own the game & go into the in-game shop".

Does MBZ offer custom controls in the full game? I honestly got used to the controls for the most part, but it's just that weird swap of confirm/cancel, like I'm using the PS style buttons since X is on the bottom & O is on the right, but since A is on the right & B is on the bottom, it feels weird doing that on a Nintendo system)

BooJoh

Well, the demo sold me on Blaster Master Zero. Yes, you can fully customize controls, including a separate option to toggle Confirm/Cancel between B/A and A/B.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, thanks for confirming. Seems weird they'd leave that out of the demo.

Considering I've got nothing else really planned for this month, aside from trying to finish up Persona 5, I might just give in & get this or Kamiko just to have something to play on my Switch.

Vanillalite

Well, the demo sold me on Blaster Master Zero. Yes, you can fully customize controls, including a separate option to toggle Confirm/Cancel between B/A and A/B.

Ha opposite for me

I was like well yep this is Master Blaster all right. I mean I didn't dislike it, but I wasn't like I gotta go buy this.

About to go cop FAST RMX tonight I decided. Still debating on Kamiko. The idea and the screens say BUY but the GAF impressions say short and too easy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On Switch, can you purchase DLC even without owning the game yet?
Yes, I described above what happened when I nabbed the Gunvolt DLC for Blaster Master Zero. You'll just have the game icon on your system, but you can't launch it or redeem it for My Nintendo points, but you can update it to the latest firmware.

TheMoon

So it works just like on Wii U.

The 3DS system of accessibility of DLC only in-game existed due to the archaic roots of the platform.

zigg

On Switch, can you purchase DLC even without owning the game yet?
I'm guessing this is only valuable to nab an early sale (like the BM0 DLC)

Because it's thoroughly pointless otherwise and a feature that should have never existed

BizzyBum

Random question, why are there no console OT's?

I was a little upset when the Switch launch thread was closed because it was being used as basically a Switch OT. Is this not allowed on GAF so more topics are made or something?

BooJoh

I was a little upset when the Switch launch thread was closed because it was being used as basically a Switch OT. Is this not allowed on GAF so more topics are made or something?

I can't really answer your question, but I can tell you that the Nintendo Downloads threads are typically open to most general Nintendo discussion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My guess is it would just be way too "generic" & you'd just have a cluster of people talking about 10 different games at once. Not to mention you might be separating people who might be playing the same game, but not on the same console.

Where as PSN, Xbox Live, & eShop are more focused & can have exclusive stuff not on other systems or physical releases.

Oreoleo

Mega threads in general are frowned upon around here. They get very insular and news can get easily lost by those who stop checking them every day. That said, I think they probably could have let it go to 20k posts but what are you gonna do.

Shahadan

I saw Binding of Isaac pop up on amazon.fr, release date is September 4th

That's kinda late compared to the US version

Top Bottom