• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2017

tolkir

First Picross-like game announced for Nintendo Switch. Piczles Lines DX.

It’s a puzzle game where your goal is to connect lines, in order to create pictures. Of course, said lines need to be of a certain length, indicated by numbers on the grid, and you also need to match the colour of the numbers. In short, you cannot connect lines if 1) it’s between two different numbers 2) the line isn’t long enough (3 cases when connecting two 4s, for example), 3) the two numbers are of a different colour.

Here’s details about the two main modes:

Story Mode: 5 chapters and 100 puzzles to go through. The story follows the adventures of a slightly unusual professor turning objects into pixels using his Piczle-Matic 3000 camera;
Puzzle Mode: 100 puzzles for you to solve. The puzzles come in themed packs, including 20 puzzles each. There’s various themes: sports, pets, vehicles, foods, and more. What’s more, it looks like additional puzzles will be added at a later date, via free updates!

Piczle Lines can be played via the touchscreen in Handheld Mode, but also using the Joy-Cons on TV and Tabletop Mode.

Trailer

Source

jonno394

I have a free game somewhat like Piczle Lines on my phone (slightly different as your lines have set lengths in this game, the one on my phone doesn't), and I love it, so i'll likely grab this as long as the price is right.

deadfolk

Trailer

Source

Might be interested if there's no timer. That put me off the demo of a 3DS one I tried. Although there's no time limit as such, the timer put me off. I want to play games like this to relax, not to put myself under pressure.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Trailer

Source
I couldn't help but get a Tappingo vibe from it, but then I remembered Tappingo only let you slide blocks to form pictures, you didn't have free control. Will be interesting to see how much this costs, seems like it could be up my alley.

tolkir

I couldn't help but get a Tappingo vibe from it, but then I remembered Tappingo only let you slide blocks to form pictures, you didn't have free control. Will be interesting to see how much this costs, seems like it could be up my alley.

There is a free-to-play smartphone version. Anybody can check it there.

Might be interested if there's no timer. That put me off the demo of a 3DS one I tried. Although there's no time limit as such, the timer put me off. I want to play games like this to relax, not to put myself under pressure.

Dev here! No timer! This logic-puzzle game is for relaxation and brain challenging only!

DagsJT said:
I quite like Picross but this is Slitherlink I think, not quite the same appeal to me.
It really isn't Slitherlink, no. Though I personally LOVE Slitherlink, that is a "mere" logic game, whereas Piczle Lines is more an illust-logic game, like Picross. If you connect all the dots correctly you end up with an image.

Zonic said:
I couldn't help but get a Tappingo vibe from it
It is somewhat similar in that you create images, but in Piczle Lines you don't slide but draw lines between two set points (of the same colour, having the same number, the number denoting the number of grid squares the finished line has to cover - it sounds more complicated than it is!)

tolkir said:
There is a free-to-play smartphone version. Anybody can check it there.
Indeed! For all things Piczle Lines please check out Club Piczle. If you go to the (mobile) Piczle Lines DX page (2nd banner from the top) there will be links to iTunes and GooglePlay. There are enough free puzzles in the base version to give you an indication of what the game is and whether you'll like this or not!

Man what a downgrade from the Wii that would be. I didn't have one but didn't it launch day one with Mario 64 (THE GOAT) on VC?
Yup, pretty sure I downloaded Mario 64 before doing anything else on my launch week Wii, even over playing Wii Sports or Zelda. A game I always wanted but never had.

What an exciting time that was. Just sucks seeing the slow trickle again with every single console. Oh boy, Super Mario World... yay.

Because I was on vacation and wanted to burn money I bought Pokken and Tokyo Mirage Sessions (using the mynintendo discount)

Determined to play my Wii U more lol. Almost got Paper Mario but my RPG backlog is a bit nuts.

tolkir

Provisional week

Nintendo Switch
- NBA Playgrounds (Saber Interactive) - €19.99 May 09
- ACA NeoGeo: Garou: Mark of the Wolves (SNK/Hamster Co.) - €6.99/£6.29
- Minecraft: Switch Edition (4J Studios/Mojang AB) - €29.99 May 12

New Nintendo 3DS
- Pixel Hunter (Lemondo Games) - €2.99

Wii U
- WinKings (Lemondo Games) - €9.99

Camjo-Z

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/status/860148949847609344

So, twice Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter and Bomb Monkey. I'll probably grab Xeodrifter. Even though I find it's only on 3DS in Europe??? :((((

Now that's a sale. Mutant Mudds Super Challenge BOUGHT!

http://nintendoeverything.com/dark-...nches-on-the-european-switch-eshop-this-week/

Dark Witch Music Episode, former mobile-only spin-off based on The Legend of Dark Witch 2's mini-game, is coming to Switch this week in EU at least.

Well that came out of nowhere. This reminds me, I never did get around to finishing Dark Witch 2...

Refyref

Voez price is completely justified though, to get all that content on mobile you had to pay over $100

I wasn't complaining, nor was I suggesting eShop games should have low prices. Just noting that said publisher doesn't lock themselves to one price point.

Shiggy

Published by Nicalis, so that's 2019 in EU.

August 31, published by 505 Games.

That looks like a place holder date from the third party seller "Just For Games".

I think the official stance for Europe from Nicalis/Head-up Games is still just "Q2" this year.

It's currently scheduled for a release on June 26, stay tuned for more information/an official announcement.

TheMoon

Really? Where does that information come from? I just watched a trailer that said Nicalis.

Not doubting you, just wondering why there is conflicting info.

Nicalis is self-publishing in NA (SEGA distributes their stuff apparently for some reason?). They need partners for Europe. I forgot who is partnering with them for Isaac (Bad Lands?)

chronomac

So I was looking at the upcoming schedule and noticed that there's essentially a 2-week empty period coming up, the last week of May and first week of June:

May Week 2
Thumper (May 18)

May Week 3
Disgaea 5 Complete (May 23)
Ultra Street Fighter II (May 26)

May Week 4
[nothing]

June Week 1
[nothing]

June Week 2
Cars 3 (June 13)
Arms (June 16)

Are there games announced I don't know about or will we get another Thumper type announcement soon? I checked the big Wiki schedule and Nintendo's own page.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Just noted that Nintendo snuck in a "view more" link on the bottom of the recent releases page that opens an unfiltered search. Heh, that's the way to solve it guys.

dFi6zue.jpg

You can now also save your credit card info for further purchases if you want to do that.

HoE3KxK.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dev here!
Any word on the price? I'm checking the mobile version & it seems to get all the stuff, it's about $7.50 (which is rather cheap, I was thinking it'd be $10+), which is kind of decent. I might give in if it's $5 on Switch, especially with the bigger screen.

Edit: Yeah, I'm liking this, but I would much rather play it on the Switch due to the bigger screen & button support. Sometimes, it'll go somewhere where I didn't want it to or start a line I didn't want to start yet, which can be a pain considering one of the in-game achievements is "don't erase a line on a medium sized puzzle".

I'm guessing all the puzzles will be bundled together, or will it be similar to mobile where you need to buy the separate packs?

tolkir

So I was looking at the upcoming schedule and noticed that there's essentially a 2-week empty period coming up, the last week of May and first week of June:

May Week 2
Thumper (May 18)

May Week 3
Disgaea 5 Complete (May 23)
Ultra Street Fighter II (May 26)

May Week 4
[nothing]

June Week 1
[nothing]

June Week 2
Cars 3 (June 13)
Arms (June 16)

Are there games announced I don't know about or will we get another Thumper type announcement soon? I checked the big Wiki schedule and Nintendo's own page.

De Mambo has June release date and Shakedown should be released no too far away.

Any word on the price? I'm checking the mobile version & it seems to get all the stuff, it's about $7.50 (which is rather cheap, I was thinking it'd be $10+), which is kind of decent. I might give in if it's $5 on Switch, especially with the bigger screen.

Edit: Yeah, I'm liking this, but I would much rather play it on the Switch due to the bigger screen & button support. Sometimes, it'll go somewhere where I didn't want it to or start a line I didn't want to start yet, which can be a pain considering one of the in-game achievements is "don't erase a line on a medium sized puzzle".

I'm guessing all the puzzles will be bundled together, or will it be similar to mobile where you need to buy the separate packs?

Price hasn't been decided yet, but the plan is to have a one off purchase that includes all the puzzle bundles with more added in the future as free updates.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Price hasn't been decided yet, but the plan is to have a one off purchase that includes all the puzzle bundles with more added in the future as free updates.
That's good to hear. I grabbed the few free bundles, but now that I've done Ch. 1, I might just wait so I can experience the rest on the Switch's bigger screen & not have so many puzzles feel so zoomed in, not to mention I wanna be able to see the number counter as I'm sliding the pieces instead of having my thumb covering it.

Top Bottom