• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

I guess this happens if you're not doing missions in total order. I did Chebika and Tulufan before Poporia this time around... and by the time I was 50% done Tulufan I was already 38.

I'm 38 and haven't even finished cutthroat isle... matter of fact I just got there lol.

Tanking with a warrior is not that hard. You just need to glyph and crystal strictly for it, and learn when to use your damage absorb and when you need to dodge. It just seems super complex next to how derpy lancer tanking is.

I heard somewhere that lancer tanking is pretty much holding down block and using challenging shout on cooldown. That sounds really stupid... is it really that simple?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tanking with a warrior is not that hard. You just need to glyph and crystal strictly for it, and learn when to use your damage absorb and when you need to dodge. It just seems super complex next to how derpy lancer tanking is.
I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the Glyph and Crystal system so I didn't have that much time to make a tanking set or whatnot. Nor do I really plan to tank, I just wanted to get SM done.

Gvaz

Banned
Didn't get the chance to do CR but got about 500k from 36. 28-36 is pretty good, when half that time I was clearing up zones instead of doing the highest xp quests I could find.

around 10 tomorrow I'm gonna get up and push myself to 38 and hold onto some quests to give myself a good boost for the rush to 60. I've never tried doing this since I usually had classes but I'm gonna get some energy drinks and shit and die to caffeine

i1hJNHq3pqcfH.jpg

IM CUTE

I thought Berserker was supposed to be pretty fast paced? Or did I miss read?
Might give ranger/archer class ago when I get home tonight.

Gvaz

Banned
Jesus Christ Haly google the SMAA injector.

And stop being mad about race choices (i rolled elin just for your reactions)

Berserker is getting good. Slow and immobile as fuck but it hits like a truck. One of my attacks hits twice, and once one of the crits hit for 18k in an instance at 32

I frequently can one or two shot someone of equal level

Ranged I have a hard time with, but melee no chance.

Haly

Jesus Christ Haly google the SMAA injector.

And stop being mad about race choices (i rolled elin just for your reactions)

Berserker is getting good. Slow and immobile as fuck but it hits like a truck. One of my attacks hits twice, and once one of the crits hit for 18k in an instance at 32

I frequently can one or two shot someone of equal level

Ranged I have a hard time with, but melee no chance.
Is this it: http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html

And I don't really mind Elins at all even if their faces and proportions are totally creepy. I just like race wars.

Haly

Ugh, I've literally been waiting all day for a chance to play. Guess I'll try again tomorrow night. :\
Get queues up early tomorrow morning so you can skip the wait.

Although I'm not sure if the game kicks you for being AFK.

NeOak

Get queues up early tomorrow morning so you can skip the wait.

Although I'm not sure if the game kicks you for being AFK.

It sends you to character select, but you have to be idle for a looong time. I currently don't know how much but its more than 15 mins

I thought Berserker was supposed to be pretty fast paced? Or did I miss read?
Might give ranger/archer class ago when I get home tonight.

Slayer is faster than a berserker overall, but berserker gets a bit faster later on in the game, you want a fast class play a warrior.

Sephon

Berserker doesn't get a "dodge" till 60 though.

No? NA has been up until about an hour ago or so, and will be down till around 10am EST.

Ohhh, my bad, I read:
"All TERA servers and websites will be under maintenance on April 30 from 12AM – 7AM PDT"
And translated 12AM to noon instead of midnight, so I thought it was 1200 hours to 0700 hours the next day, not 2400 to 0700, phew.

Thanks for clearing it up!

Haly

I don't suppose there's a glyph equivalent of multi-spec?

Haly

Oh, that's pretty good.

I remember spending hundreds of gold on respeccing per week.

Slayer is faster than a berserker overall, but berserker gets a bit faster later on in the game, you want a fast class play a warrior.

Hmm ok! I just read it as you would be swinging loads and smashing stuff up, The 2hander swings pretty slow but yeah like someone else said hit like a truck.

I think its because I had all the cool skills that I had no idea how to use and then you are back to attack and block till like level 4!

Izayoi

Banned
Oh, that's pretty good.

I remember spending hundreds of gold on respeccing per week.
Since you're a Warrior you might respec more than others, but even then you'll probably find that you rarely have reason to respec often in this game. You basically find something that feels good to you and go with it forever.

Napophis

the reset cap is 5g? thank god i was already over 3g and was thinking i was going to be poor for life because of the rising respec costs

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I wonder how many Europeans play on the US servers. It's my day off, and this maintenance comes at a bad time :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wonder how many Europeans play on the US servers. It's my day off, and this maintenance comes at a bad time :/

You can play in 3 hours >.>

UHG I WANNA PLAY.

I like how mystics are getting toned down indirectly in the next major patch though. Should balance out them and priest a bit more.

Arksy

You can play in 3 hours >.>

UHG I WANNA PLAY.

I like how mystics are getting toned down indirectly in the next major patch though. Should balance out them and priest a bit more.

Explain? I was tossing up whether to roll a priest or a mystic. This will help. I've been trying to find out which is the least painful to level up to max, not a whole lot of luck so far. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Explain? I was tossing up whether to roll a priest or a mystic. This will help. I've been trying to find out which is the least painful to level up to max, not a whole lot of luck so far. :(

Lancers are no longer going to block with mana, thus lancer x mystic is no longer hyper herpa derp. Mystics will still be favored in high skill parties though, killing stuff faster is the best perk. I kinda prefer a priest though if I'm tanking with a warrior.

Arksy

Lancers are no longer going to block with mana, thus lancer x mystic is no longer hyper herpa derp. Mystics will still be favored in high skill parties though, killing stuff faster is the best perk. I kinda prefer a priest though if I'm tanking with a warrior.

I'm tried a priest out in the prologue but was turned of by all the melee range skills like Final Reprisal, Metamorphic Blast and Shocking Implosion. Will try a Mystic out once servers come back up.

Damn! I woke up early to get some game time in before work lol.

Also, I bit the bullet and bought it. I started a slayer on Dragonfall but I'm REALLY hoping I can switch my berserker over there since I think I'm having a bit more fun with that class. He's only level 11 though so not a big deal if I can't.

dazzgc

Banned
friend and i are gonna go lancer/priest for questing and general mmo shenanigans. good combo or best combo? (or total fail)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have a major :( when a Mystic doesn't drop those. (Playing a Sorcerer.)

They should be dropping them for every class. Wasting DPS on normal attacks is bad.

I'm tried a priest out in the prologue but was turned of by all the melee range skills like Final Reprisal, Metamorphic Blast and Shocking Implosion. Will try a Mystic out once servers come back up.

Well the whole kill faster thing doesn't directly come from the mystic, they have a crit aura and a mana regen aura, as well as mana orbs the dps can just pick up and keep using their skills with having to worry about wasting time on normals

Hixx

The launcher really is quite flimsy, isn't it?

I've had to format my PC (Tera-related, funnily enough) and I thought I'd just download the game over night. Wrong. I limited the download speed to 1024kb/s so I could watch Red Dwarf on Lovefilm, but as I've come to learn if you touch that option in the launcher, it proceeds to cripple the speed. I woke up this morning and it was going at a steady 60kb/s (and still falling). So I had gotten an extra 10% over night. Lovely.

And if going 64 bit doesn't fix my texture problems tables will be flipped.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got to 33.5 last night after doing some Labyrinth BAM quests. Dudes were SO fun to kill. We had to kill one with 4 DPS + me (Lancer), and it was interesting to note that some people were more prepared for this than others. Learning how to play your class and dodge/block/run were all put to the test. A+

What is this news about Lancers blocking without mana in an upcoming patch?

Arksy

They should be dropping them for every class. Wasting DPS on normal attacks is bad.

Well the whole kill faster thing doesn't directly come from the mystic, they have a crit aura and a mana regen aura, as well as mana orbs the dps can just pick up and keep using their skills with having to worry about wasting time on normals

My mistake, I meant it in the context of killing things for the purpose of levelling. I heard it was painful to level up either of the classes and was merely inquiring as to which was easier to kill quest mobs with. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Got to 33.5 last night after doing some Labyrinth BAM quests. Dudes were SO fun to kill. We had to kill one with 4 DPS + me (Lancer), and it was interesting to note that some people were more prepared for this than others. Learning how to play your class and dodge/block/run were all put to the test. A+

What is this news about Lancers blocking without mana in an upcoming patch?

Warriors and Lancers will get a 2nd resource bar to manage. This is the Stamina bar *yellow bar* Lancers will use it for their tanking skills, Warriors will use it for their dodging skills, warriors dodge will also no longer have a cooldown. <=== THIS IS SUPER STUPID BTW even if it's just two or 3 back to back dodges.

My mistake, I meant it in the context of killing things for the purpose of levelling. I heard it was painful to level up either of the classes and was merely inquiring as to which was easier to kill quest mobs with. :)
Leveling in dungeons with the exceptions of a few spots is completely possible. Mystic is slower than priest though but any class can honestly handle all the questing content solo. Just drop some money on a weapon in the ah if you got money to spare. Really speeds things up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Stamina bar will be interesting...We'll see how they implement it. It will really make or break tanking, ha.

Lancers are gaining some more offensive moves to make up for it. No they will not get a dps role. But it will help with threat generation and well that shield wont be up as often so do some shit! *cause you dont gotta worry about wasting mana now*

Top Bottom