• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Ryuuga

Banned
Oh that's right you guys are used to waiting only to be delayed further at the last minute.

mj-laughing.gif

I can't wait for the lancer update - it's stupid easy as lancer right now and I am down for the challenge :) Did a CR run last night in my SM blues without a hitch thanks to manapots.

Any chance of NA getting some of EU's free mask/legacy items?

Jackl

Whats that you say?

I made the RIGHT call by not phoning in sick today and creating greater animosity between me and my boss? SCORE.

Ryuuga

Banned
Whats that you say?

I made the RIGHT call by not phoning in sick today and creating greater animosity between me and my boss? SCORE.

THIS RIGHT HERE, though I'm genuinely sick.

EDIT: Oh..misread..made the wrong call and expect animosity...

Duelist

I read somewhere in this thread or another that it takes about a day to grind to level 20-30? How do you guys grind that quickly? Got any tips for the uninitiated?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What are they changing to the Lancer?

Adding a stamina bar for defensive things (like blocking), whereas offensive skills use MP. That's what someone said earlier in the thread at least.

I read somewhere in this thread or another that it takes about a day to grind to level 20-30? How do you guys grind that quickly? Got any tips for the uninitiated?

Grind for HOURS!!! :D

Honestly, I have no idea. I imagine if you do nothing but chain quests for a long marathon session, it can be done...But I lose patience for that after ~3 hours or so.

E: Haly is correct as well - ignore raising your gathering skills and it will help. Pots and bandages are also a must.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I got from 21-28 yesterday, for the most part it's just chain questing and minimizing your downtime through pots and bandages. Also ignore gathering nodes, they're endless and eat up a lot of time.

Adding a stamina bar for defensive things (like blocking), whereas offensive skills use MP. That's what someone said earlier in the thread at least.

Oh, weird
So like.. cooldown? Is that how we'd charge the stamina bar?
Unless there are glyphs and whatnot that convert damage dealt into stamina gain or somethin

ultron87

I got from 21-28 yesterday, for the most part it's just chain questing and minimizing your downtime through pots and bandages. Also ignore gathering nodes, they're endless and eat up a lot of time.

But gathering is a delightful emotional roller coaster for your character.

What are they changing to the Lancer?

Lancer will no longer use mana on block but rather a steak meter. I'm not sure what determines the parameters of this meter but I'm sure that the intention is to hinder infinite blocking. Currently, a properly gemmed/glyphed lancer can hold threat and block indefinitely taking very little damage. I imagine this change will encourage lancers to get timing right.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
But gathering is a delightful emotional roller coaster for your character.

I failed 8 Easy gatherings in a row. 9th time was the ticket, I guess...

Lancer will no longer use mana on block but rather a steak meter. I'm not sure what determines the parameters of this meter but I'm sure that the intention is to hinder infinite blocking. Currently, a properly gemmed/glyphed lancer can hold threat and block indefinitely taking very little damage. I imagine this change will encourage lancers to get timing right.

I'm confused about this. It says that you can absorb like, 6300 damage on the Dreadspike lance. Does that not mean you take damage after that? I block and attack intermittently because I thought that's how you were supposed to tank BAMs...

Wallach

Mmmm... steak meter.

Basically they are trying to make tanking more about timing and reaction, which means disconnecting it from the MP system (which can be stacked/influenced too much).

I failed 8 Easy gatherings in a row. 9th time was the ticket, I guess...

I'm confused about this. It says that you can absorb like, 6300 damage on the Dreadspike lance. Does that not mean you take damage after that? I block and attack intermittently because I thought that's how you were supposed to tank BAMs...

Yeah, 6300 per block any excess is damage to you/defense rate. Only reason to combo attack is mana gain since TPS on combo is low.

Mupod

Gathering gives health regen, mana regen, and stamina buffs among other things. You won't NEED pots and bandages if you keep them up constantly.

I really like playing Lancer, you need to learn the enemies attack patterns and habits, once you've mastered those you can change the whole outcome of battle

I'd usually aggro and then block incoming attacks while other guys in the party attack on it (and attack myself in between the enemies attacks)
The leash skill is REALLY useful for both getting aggro and stopping an enemies current attack animation, you can interrupt their AOE attacks this way a lot
And of course there's a variety of debuff attacks and the dizzying hit that stuns the enemies - doing this allows me to get a good few hits in and replenish my MP bar

I've not abused any sort of always blocking tactic, that seems dumb, so it's a shame they're changing the current system because it works well for me

Wallach

I really like playing Lancer, you need to learn the enemies attack patterns and habits, once you've mastered those you can change the whole outcome of battle

I'd usually aggro and then block incoming attacks while other guys in the party attack on it (and attack myself in between the enemies attacks)
The leash skill is REALLY useful for both getting aggro and stopping an enemies current attack animation, you can interrupt their AOE attacks this way a lot
And of course there's a variety of debuff attacks and the dizzying hit that stuns the enemies - doing this allows me to get a good few hits in and replenish my MP bar

I've not abused any sort of always blocking tactic, that seems dumb, so it's a shame they're changing the current system because it works well for me

I don't think you'll have to change much about your play style. It's more about pushing the skill floor of the tanks up a bit while detaching their primary tanking system from MP. This way they can balance the two tanks more directly without worrying about the influence from a resource system that all the other classes share (and can easily influence along with gear).

Jackl

THIS RIGHT HERE, though I'm genuinely sick.

EDIT: Oh..misread..made the wrong call and expect animosity...

Yea, I work one of those jobs you're expected to come in, unless you have Ebola, meningitis, The Plague, etc.

So casually calling in to play Tera? Tempting, but not worth the flak from the brass.

BUT IN OTHER NEWS EXTENDED MAINTENANCE

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I have my shield bash and leash linked to 3 and 5 respectively. They are my favorite skills...I was in a group last night with 2 Lancers. The other one wanted to tank, and he was SO bad at using leash and bash. I mean, once I started to use them to "show" him how to interrupt the red charge attacks (on the labyrinth BAMs), he started to abuse his leash and bash. Thing is, he was doing it wrong. -_- I guess I'm excited to separate myself from the bad tanks by being a GOOD one, haha.

And yeah, playing a Lancer the way it sounds like we both play is how the class is almost MEANT to be played. Balancing your various defensive and offensive skills with well timed blocks = Lancer pros. :brofist:

Never forget. The spawn rate is ridiculous near the coast lol.

it was first a 4 vs 1 and then a crab sidesteps into the battle. it was funny and ended up hitting it lol. defeated one and went for the other. a minute later the other one respawns and ended up having him in it too lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hey all, it's been awhile.

Haven't read through the entire thread yet so I apologize if this question has been asked already a dozen times, but is the majority of TeraGAF rolling on VoT or Dragonfall?

Izayoi

Banned
Hey all, it's been awhile.

Haven't read through the entire thread yet so I apologize if this question has been asked already a dozen times, but is the majority of TeraGAF rolling on VoT or Dragonfall?
Both, but unless you're absolutely in need of PvP I'd recommend Dragonfall - the queues on VoT are astronomical.

Jesus!!! why is it 50 euro for the digital version! That is so much money :(

Oh wait its cheaper (I think) on their digital partner sites.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
idk. i love it. I am casting spells and i turn the camera and he comes out of nowhere like he doesn't have a care in the world. LOL.

Not saying I don't enjoy it, but I was gathering some weapon crates yesterday night...And a crab decided it was time to spawn on top of me and have his way with me. Dashed away and dealt with it, but it's funny how some BAMs care and others don't.

Not saying I don't enjoy it, but I was gathering some weapon crates yesterday night...And a crab decided it was time to spawn on top of me and have his way with me. Dashed away and dealt with it, but it's funny how some BAMs care and others don't.

i think all bams should attack. Thats just me (side note. don't be in my party because i will aggro the other BAMs around us)

SDBurton

Both, but unless you're absolutely in need of PvP I'd recommend Dragonfall - the queues on VoT are astronomical.

Ok thanks. If I do come back I'll probably roll on Dragonfall since I doubt my friend will be coming back with me and the idea of questing solo in the low level open areas on a PvP server is not too appealing. But hey, who knows.

And I saw something mentioned ago that Mystics were getting a slight nerf? Boooo.

Wallach

I think when the servers come back up I'm going to go back to rolling Warrior. I gave Priest another shot yesterday, and Aman look fucking bad ass in robes, but it just doesn't seem to click with me even though I typically play support classes. Time to go back to spin-to-win.

Edit - Actually I think I'll at least do that first instance on my Priest and see how I like the group dynamic. Haven't gotten to do much of that yet.

Jackl

Ok thanks. If I do come back I'll probably roll on Dragonfall since I doubt my friend will be coming back with me and the idea of questing solo in the low level open areas on a PvP server is not too appealing. But hey, who knows.

And I saw something mentioned ago that Mystics were getting a slight nerf? Boooo.

Ganks aren't that bad right now. At least in the higher areas. Last night my only PvP death was a popori sorc who discovered lock on nukes.

I shall have my vengeance Mr. Bear.

SDBurton

Ganks aren't that bad right now. At least in the higher areas. Last night my only PvP death was a popori sorc who discovered lock on nukes.

I shall have my vengeance Mr. Bear.

Speaking of ganks didn't they implement something where it prevented higher level players from destroying lower levels?

arimanius

I was only attacked twice this weekend on JC. Both times it was a gank squad. Haven't seen any 1vs1 yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was only attacked twice this weekend on JC. Both times it was a gank squad. Haven't seen any 1vs1 yet.

1v1 on a pvp server is HIGHLY rare. Honestly if you roll on a pvp server to expect epic random 1v1 battles you are going to be let down. Main reason my friends roll on pvp servers is to kill assholes who ruin shit for others. *agro bams onto people fighting bosses and such* We always hunt those bastards down. Or one time we where doing a gather quest and killing mobs and a random dude would keep gathering the stuff in the area of the mobs we were killing. The 3rd time he did it we just flagged and killed his ass on the spot.

Top Bottom