• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

arimanius

1v1 on a pvp server is HIGHLY rare. Honestly if you roll on a pvp server to expect epic random 1v1 battles you are going to be let down. Main reason my friends roll on pvp servers is to kill assholes who ruin shit for others. *agro bams onto people fighting bosses and such* We always hunt those bastards down. Or one time we where doing a gather quest and killing mobs and a random dude would keep gathering the stuff in the area of the mobs we were killing. The 3rd time he did it we just flagged and killed his ass on the spot.

I've seen it in other games but that's because there's a "gank" class. i.e. stealth.

No real gank classes in Tera that I can tell.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I demand 10 extra levels for this downtime.

I should be 38 by now.

mileS

I'm usually all for PvP servers, but for this game I have no interest at all. If there was two factions I would probably go for it. The way it is now, doesn't appeal to me at all.

That being said.. dueling/arena/the eventual battleground is something I'm sure I'll get into. For now, I'm extremely happy to be on Dragonfall with everyone :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Factions are by far one of the worst things to happen to MMO's why would you want to play with only half the server? o_O
I can understand it, some people like having a clear and obvious rivalry, especially in their PvP games.

It helps to simulate the atmosphere of war.

Of course you can also just do a free for all like EVE but that's too hardcore for most people. They want a balance between spontaneous and natural PvP and accessibility.

ultron87

I just wish they spread out the starting and low level zones a bit so that not everyone of every race has the exact same start.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Definitely a pretty game. I know I can't buy this right now so I should stop coming here. Great pics. I may jump on this later in it's life when it gets cheap. I'm not fond of paying 15 dollars a month to play a game though so I hope that price comes down or it's f2p at some point.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Haha, woot. I picked the right class then. :D

(42) Backstab - a 30 sec cool down Teleport in the back of the target and attack + stun 4 sec
[3]Glyph of Lingering - 50% longer stun - Must have; gives an extra 2 sec of stun (6 sec total) vs just about everything but Bosses (very high stun resist) and PvP (half stun duration).
[5]Glyph of Energy - 25% cool down reduction -
[4]Glyph of Persistance - 30% chance to reset cooldown

(54) Staggerring Counter - A skill that is only triggered when we get hit for 3 sec; this does high damage, stuns for 3 sec and spins the target so his back is facing you.

(58) Cascade of Stuns - This skill slashes a large area in front of you dealing high damage and if you hit a target that was already stunned it will apply or refresh another 4 sec stun to every target it hits.
[4] Glyph of Persistance - 30% chance to reset cool down
[3] Glyph of Lingering - 25% longer stun duration

Normal attack glyph
[5] Glyph of Fainting - 5% chance per hit to stun for 2 sec

Warriors, they stun you.

Gvaz

Banned
Wow, I played that just about perfectly. I just slept in until a few minutes ago and wondered if people have been playing 5 hours already. Now I'm well rested and I can still get in when the servers finally open!
Hey asshole, add me to your friends list. I'm not that far away from you in levels. (500k to 36)

Izayoi

Banned
tera_screenshot_201201ex0y.png

tera_screenshot_201205wa6z.png

tera_screenshot_20120jixcb.png

Gvaz

Banned
@teraonline Sorry guys a static shock wiped your toons, time to restart. We understand this is upsetting, so we're giving you all a free month!

KaYotiX

Banned
Factions are by far one of the worst things to happen to MMO's why would you want to play with only half the server? o_O
Agree but DaoC did it right IMO with 3 diff factions. 2 sides never works as 1 will always have more players.

Loving the hell out of TERA still, wife and I soloed 2 BAMs yesterday. She healed and I was a tank, took some time but we killed em both and had a lot of fun doing it. Can't wait till later lvls.

arimanius

(42) Backstab - a 30 sec cool down Teleport in the back of the target and attack + stun 4 sec
[3]Glyph of Lingering - 50% longer stun - Must have; gives an extra 2 sec of stun (6 sec total) vs just about everything but Bosses (very high stun resist) and PvP (half stun duration).
[5]Glyph of Energy - 25% cool down reduction -
[4]Glyph of Persistance - 30% chance to reset cooldown

(54) Staggerring Counter - A skill that is only triggered when we get hit for 3 sec; this does high damage, stuns for 3 sec and spins the target so his back is facing you.

(58) Cascade of Stuns - This skill slashes a large area in front of you dealing high damage and if you hit a target that was already stunned it will apply or refresh another 4 sec stun to every target it hits.
[4] Glyph of Persistance - 30% chance to reset cool down
[3] Glyph of Lingering - 25% longer stun duration

Normal attack glyph
[5] Glyph of Fainting - 5% chance per hit to stun for 2 sec

Warriors, they stun you.

NareU.jpg

NeOak

So here's the bullet: we were in the process of updating our platform in preparation for launch and found a significant bug. We took extended downtime to try to fix said issue. Six hours past the original window, we've decided to forego updating the platform as we'd prefer our current players be able to continue in the Head Start event.

We're now in the process of bringing the servers back online and will have another update within the hour. We sincerely thank you for bearing with us.

We'll have a proper news post up in a few minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/TERAonline/posts/10151575865365032

lololol

Einbroch

Banned
Seriously? Wow. Does not instill confidence at all...

It's been down for 13 hours, and they didn't do anything? Fuck it. Keep it down for another six hours and get it done before our subscription time gets eaten up.

Ryuuga

Banned
@TERA So here's the bullet: we were in the process of updating our platform in preparation for launch and found a significant bug.

War were declared...

Gvaz

Banned
They found a bug, took 6 extra hours to try fixing it, still wasn't fixed, so they said fuck it and let everyone do the headstart while they work on it in the background to fix later.

Top Bottom