• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange, spooky, unexplainable shit that's happened to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
It was around '05-'06. I was in middle school and, for some reason, wore wristbands during those two years. Maybe because all my friends did but I never cared for them before or after and this is one of the reasons why. Before I start, here's a bit of backstory; when my brother and I were younger, my dad would scare us all the time. Didn't matter where or when. Every now and then he'd sneak in our room and toss something at us and such. He said he did it as a way for us to be aware and be ready for anything. I think he just wanted to scare the shit out of us just because.

Now, onto that night. I had a routine I'd do before I went to bed and one of the things was making sure my wristbands were on the table next to my backpack and ready for the morning. About a year or two before, my dad got a job at the airport and would leave the house around 4 in the morning. Late that night, I felt something hit my face. I immediately get up and something hits me again. I look around and see my wristbands on the floor next to me and when I look up into the hallway, and thanks to the small bit of light from our neighbors' house that came through our window, I see a dark silhouette of a man. He's just standing there and I could hear breathing but I couldn't see any details.

I think the man is my dad so I make some comments about him not being good at scaring me anymore. Nothing. So I keep going. Still nothing. I finally just say "okay dad, I give up. You got me" and then the silhouette raises its arm and begins to move towards me slowly. I start to freak out and just then my mom opens her door (my parent's room was across from ours) and reaches to turn on the hall light. I then saw the dark silhouette poof away and continue to freak out. I tell her what happened and she said my dad went to my grandma's house (his brother lived there to take care of her) since he had the night off and left hours ago when I was brushing my teeth. I called him and we talked about what could have happened. I went out to the living room and noticed my backpack was pulled a little ways on the floor.

Nothing like that happened again but it freaked me out for a few nights. If I didn't already believe in ghosts, that would do a a pretty decent job at convincing me.

this is freaky shit.

Saw a ghost in the local graveyard. 3 other people saw it too so it was pretty legit, no more than 10 - 15 feet away, plain as day. I would say it looked female and a 'typical' white/see through figure. One of my mates freaked and we ran out the graveyard and down the road a bit. Then this really freaky thick fog came down the road almost as if it had come from the graveyard and eventually covered everywhere. Weird.

However I don't really believe in "ghosts" in the traditional sense so for me there must have been some other explanation for it. To this day though I am annoyed that we bolted because I would have loved to stay and get a better look at whatever it was.

Kimawolf

I was camping in Glacier national park with some friend’s and it was at night. We were exploring like people do. Well we went down this steep hill and into this dense wooded area following a path. We got deep and almost lost if not for one of my good friends who seems to always be able to find her way back to anyplace hahah.

Well we get towards on the denser areas of the forest and we hear this strange rustling noise about 15 feet away to our left. We look over and see these shining eyes like a big cat, but it was like a freakin supersized bear size, it was nuts, so immediately we all freeze, and then it makes this horrible, blood curdling scream/roar sound and we see the eyes running towards us. NOW we take off, running as fast as possible following Kelli back to our camp, all the time hearing this rustling sound behind us like it was getting closer and closer. We then see the camp up ahead and never stop running, all the way to our truck and leave the park that night. We come back in the day time and find ours and another group’s tent totally destroyed and dismantled.

Now I am no bear expert but I know bears aren’t like 7 feet tall on all fours and I doubt they have glowing eyes, I also doubt bears scream like that and I doubt bears are up at night doing anything.

It was a monster of some kind. I call it GPM for Glacier Park Monster.

There was another night when I was a kid, about 10 or 11 when I was sleeping, and something made me wake up, not sure why. But I woke up and went to look out my bedroom window and saw a freaking clown standing in my backyard, he looked like a devilish clown though like from IT, and was laughing and trying to get me to come outside. It was one of the scariest times I can remember as a kid. I went to wake my dad up, and he looked out the window, there was no clown, no footprints. But I KNOW it was a clown out there

Mascot

I once (and only once) had a premonition about a goal being scored at the 2002 World Cup that was so strong and so vivid I bet on it and won £1500. It happened exactly as i described it beforehand: match time, positions, players involved, nature of the goal.

Very spooky. Profitable, but spooky.

I once (and only once) had a premonition about a goal being scored at the 2002 World Cup that was so strong and so vivid I bet on it and won £1500. It happened exactly as i described it beforehand: match time, positions, players involved, nature of the goal.

Very spooky. Profitable, but spooky.

Could you send me a PM if you get a premonition with the lotto numbers, please?

Thanks.
Regards.

Korosenai

Ok, so here's the basic layout of my house when I was a kid:

lwonk4A.png

It was probably about 10:30 at night, and the only people in the house were me and my parents. So I was laying there because I couldn't sleep, just staring in the hallway. My parents were asleep already in their room. We had the nightlight on that night, because I was pretty young and the house was dark, so it's easier to see where i'm going if I need to use the bathroom (the nightlight it self casts a pretty strong light, I could see the hallway and into my parents room pretty clearly). Well, as I was laying there, something in the bathroom (I guess right outside the door) steps/appears in front of the light and casts a shadow into the hallway for a good couple seconds, and then just disappeared. Basically, it was blocking the nightlight from shining in the hallway. It scared the shit out of me and I think it took me a good couple hours, laying there frozen in fear, before I finally fell asleep. Still not sure to this day who or what stepped in front of the light.

lwonk4A.png

It was probably about 10:30 at night, and the only people in the house were me and my parents. So I was laying there because I couldn't sleep, just staring in the hallway. My parents were asleep already in their room. We had the nightlight on that night, because I was pretty young and the house was dark, so it's easier to see where i'm going if I need to use the bathroom (the nightlight it self casts a pretty strong light, I could see the hallway and into my parents room pretty clearly). Well, as I was laying there, something in the bathroom (I guess right outside the door) steps/appears in front of the light and casts a shadow into the hallway for a good couple seconds, and then just disappeared. Basically, it was blocking the nightlight from shining in the hallway. It scared the shit out of me and I think it took me a good couple hours, laying there frozen in fear, before I finally fell asleep. Still not sure to this day who or what stepped in front of the light.

Was it an old house? If so, a rat or mouse is the most logical explanation. That would scare the shit out of me too.

Volimar

lwonk4A.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHYprSNL_eE

akira28

I remember a floaty light next to my bed once when I was a kid and we had just moved out to the country. This isn't an old house though, was built in the early 80s. So it was just weird. I used to have fuckloads of strange dreams as a kid, so I just went back to sleep. It's possible I was in a hypnogogic state.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
One of the really weird things that I still remember very clearly happened to me when I was about 9 years old.

A friend of mine had invited me to Six Flags Great America in Wisconsin, and after much prodding, my mom allowed me to go with them. The trip was going great, but at some point, I got separated from my friend (he basically ditched me when I didn't want to ride on a scary roller coaster with him). So I tried to find the others, his parents and siblings, but I couldn't. I wandered around Six Flags alone (and nobody bothered to ask me if I was lost, or needed help, now that I think about it, but I digress). Anyway, I end up following this path that lead me to a metal staircase that went up near the side of a roller coaster. I figured I would walk up the stairs, and see if I could get a better view of the area, and maybe spot them (I don't know, I was 9!).

So, I walk up the metal stairs and it leads to a dead end where I definitely got a good view of the surrounding area, but I didn't know the stairs would lead to a dead end. I turn around and immediately bump into a chain that was horizontally strung across the entrance that I had gotten to. This chain wasn't there moments before. It was literally a tiny metal staircase that lead straight up, and I just walked up it with no problem, reached the end, and turned around a few seconds later after realizing that the top went nowhere.

I have no idea how I walked past the chain, as it was stomach height, and I didn't climb over it. I don't know where the chain came from, and I can't explain how I "walked through" it. I didn't see the chain when I went up, just when I turned around to leave. It weirded me out like nobodies business, and I still remember the shock I felt when I turned, and bumped into it.

I also have a lot of stuff with my first apartment when I was 19, and nightly "visits" from shadow people. That shit was terrifying.

kirby_fox

Banned
Tons of stuff have happened over the years for me, but the more recent one I suppose I'll put down in a quick story.

So there's this road that is haunted by all sorts of shit. Pictures of demon-like creatures that people I know have taken, ghostly figures, and I even got a voice of a young girl that was supposed to have died there laughing. To put simple, there are stories of many non-human entities there.

Fast forward to after college. My friend gets a job taking care of this horse farm. It comes with an old house that was built in the late 1800s. 100+ years old. It's about halfway from the end of the road where all the crazy shit happens. She claimed she had shit happening there- threw a ball in a room for her dog and it came back like someone threw it. You can hear talking upstairs, and she sleeps on the couch because she doesn't like how it feels up there.

So being ghost hunters we go up there. Guy records on his phone to try to get something. We find stairs to an attic in an old baby's room, in the corner is an old bonnet and cane. Turned away from the stairs. Creepy as hell. We start going over it again, and at the beginning as guy was in a closet you can hear what sounds like a baby crying. Later you can hear someone whispering "I'm human."

We start to try to get it to do something. Knock keys off a desk, hit the little pull down to a ceiling fan. Nothing. We give up and head back down, the other 2 guys tapping the pull down so it swings. As we all turn around away we hear it make a clinking sound as if it had somehow pushed itself up to the light and hit it. We apologized for upsetting whatever it was.

Might just go get that voice recording off my phone finally. No idea how to upload it though.

Korosenai

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This felt spooky as hell...

When I was a kid we were holidaying in Bora Bora and took a boat out to a diving reef/underwater sandbar type snorkelling adventure, you duck dive about 10-15 feet down to the floor seeing starfish etc. The sort you take a boat out for 30 mins off shore. Anyhow after some time dad and I are taking a rest just floating, mouth pieces out and having a quick chat...drifting without realising because we're way out in the ocean.

Finally we decide to put our mouth pieces back in and go back to snorkelling only to be over complete blackness! I mean zero, just total black underfoot. It felt like you were being sucked underwater with no escape and simultaneously feeling like something was rising up at you. I have never swam so fast back to a boat.

Something like this but we were up at the surface and unaware of drifting off the sandbar over the deep black:

bA7MFZI.gif

Not a spooky story as such but I certainly felt something otherworldly down there. Still gives me chills thinking about it to this day.

Jesus

It was around '05-'06. I was in middle school and, for some reason, wore wristbands during those two years. Maybe because all my friends did but I never cared for them before or after and this is one of the reasons why. Before I start, here's a bit of backstory; when my brother and I were younger, my dad would scare us all the time. Didn't matter where or when. Every now and then he'd sneak in our room and toss something at us and such. He said he did it as a way for us to be aware and be ready for anything. I think he just wanted to scare the shit out of us just because.

Now, onto that night. I had a routine I'd do before I went to bed and one of the things was making sure my wristbands were on the table next to my backpack and ready for the morning. About a year or two before, my dad got a job at the airport and would leave the house around 4 in the morning. Late that night, I felt something hit my face. I immediately get up and something hits me again. I look around and see my wristbands on the floor next to me and when I look up into the hallway, and thanks to the small bit of light from our neighbors' house that came through our window, I see a dark silhouette of a man. He's just standing there and I could hear breathing but I couldn't see any details.

I think the man is my dad so I make some comments about him not being good at scaring me anymore. Nothing. So I keep going. Still nothing. I finally just say "okay dad, I give up. You got me" and then the silhouette raises its arm and begins to move towards me slowly. I start to freak out and just then my mom opens her door (my parent's room was across from ours) and reaches to turn on the hall light. I then saw the dark silhouette poof away and continue to freak out. I tell her what happened and she said my dad went to my grandma's house (his brother lived there to take care of her) since he had the night off and left hours ago when I was brushing my teeth. I called him and we talked about what could have happened. I went out to the living room and noticed my backpack was pulled a little ways on the floor.

Nothing like that happened again but it freaked me out for a few nights. If I didn't already believe in ghosts, that would do a a pretty decent job at convincing me.

Very enjoyable and well written. Thanks! No, this isn't sarcasm and I believe you but you told it really well.

A few nights ago, around 3:30 or so in the morning, I woke up and went into the kitchen to get a drink. But before I got there, I realized I could hear the TV, which was odd, since my TV was off, the TV in my grandparent's room was off (they sometimes fall asleep with it on and I turn it off if I come out and they're sleeping with it on), the living room one was off, the kitchen one was off, they were all off. Yet, I could plainly hear the TV and it wasn't just like hearing something that vaguely sounds like human speech, I swear I was hearing a news broadcast about "the worst nuclear disaster in history" and urging US citizens to "head north" if we wanted to live.

gugi40

I love these threads.

I had an encounter I could not explain once, it was about 7 years ago.

I was staying at my cousins vacation home in Whistler and the rooms there get insanely dark at night so I would often get sick and have to throw up, probably from anxiety. One night I was feeling fine and the room was much lighter than its normal state so I fell asleep easily. I was in a room with two bunk beds and I was in the top one facing the door. I woke up in a cold sweat and sat there for a second when I looked over at the door there was a woman standing there. I had never seen her before and she was entirely naked for whatever reason and had brown hair. I rubbed my eyes and looked again and she was still there so I just stared in confusion, she started to walk toward my bed and put her arms up on the bed and smiled at me so I said "who are you?" she just smirked and started walking away then disappeared before she reached the door. I went back to sleep confused as hell thinking why there was a naked ghost.

For some reason I was not scared at all when I saw her, more weirded out at the nudity lol

Atomski

So I grew up with a thing called Sleep Paralysis, I am sure most have heard of it by now. You wake up and for some reason its like the opposite of sleep walking, instead of your body acting out your dreams you wake up and are still in a sleep state unable to move.

So most people thats it, the wake up can't move and eventually they pop out of it. Still scary.. but then theres the type I have. The kind where you wake up and can't move and you notice someone standing in the room just outside of your vision in the dark. Hallucinations so real they scare the fuck out of you.

So I will start by telling my very first two episodes of sleep paralysis..

It started when I was about 9, I lived in a double wide and my bed was just in a spot that if my bedroom door was open I could see down the hall into the living room and past that into the kitchen. So one night I get up due to being thirsty, get a glass of water and then head back to bed leaving a few lights on in the process. I lay down and get comfortable an slowly start to fall back asleep... but then I notice something. A moving light just outside the view of the hallway in the living room. The light moves to the hallway and it is blinding at first but then fades to reveal a man, a man completely engulfed in flames. He slowly walks down the hall fire just jetting off his skin and hes looking right at me. As he walks slowly there is this weird chanting.. like some foreign language or someone speaking tongues.. but its echoing.

Now I grew up in a pretty religious family, my dad would talk of demons and such, even once telling me that if I am ever attacked by one to cry out the name of Jesus. Well.. I tried that, but unfortunately being in a sleep paralysis state the most I could get out of my gritted teeth was gggeeeesssoooossss. Which didnt seem to help. The figure moved into my room and then stood over me speaking still in a weird chanting language. He reached down to touch me and.. poof! gone. I fell out of bed and ran my scared ass to mommy and daddies room.

So strange thing.. that was it. I never saw this figure again and I could never really explain what happened but I know to me it was real as day. So yeah that was pretty much it, didnt see like that again or have sleep paralysis for a good 4 years.. then well it happened again.

This time was even a bit more weird. So it started I was at a friends house staying the night, we had planned on going to Las Vegas in the morning to go to the mall and shop for school stuff and hopefully go to the arcade. However I woke up at 5 am and for some odd reason felt like I should not go, that I should go home now. I woke up my friend and told him I needed to head home. He asked why and I really didnt have an answer but that I wouldn't be going to Las Vegas today with his family. He said whatever and I grabbed my stuff. I walked home which was a few blocks from his place, when I got there no one was home. Turns out my father and sisters stayed at my grandmothers outside of town for the night and my mother at the time was a ambulance driver so she worked 24 hour shifts. She wouldn't be home till 8am, it was now 6.

So I just decided Id go lay down and try and get some more sleep. I got on my top bunk, which now was in a different spot in the room where I could not look down the hall. As I dozed off I all a sudden heard the front door slam. My first reaction was oh my mom is home, then I thought wait its too early. Then I heard steps walking down the hallway. Now in this house I could always hear peoples steps and most of the time I could always figure out who it was based on weight and the speed of the steps. So as I listened to these steps a deep fear came over me. These were unfamiliar steps, to light to be my father and to heavy to be my sisters or mom.. my hairs stood up on the back of my neck and I began to feel adrenaline pump through my body making my skin tingle. I tried to move but I was frozen, stuck there as someone made their way to my room. So in total fear and no options of escape.. I just shut my eyes. The steps stopped and there was just silence. I waited, hoping and moment now I would pop out of this nightmare and everything would be ok. Time passed enough that I figured it was over, so I opened my eyes. Well it wasn't over, the damned guy was just fucking standing there at my door way staring at me, flames just flying off him and soon as we made eye contact he rushed at me yelling crazy nonsense in some freaky language. He came right up to the side of the bed and stared me right in the eyes, and thats when I noticed.. he had no eyes his skull appeared to be hollow and you could see the flames inside. That was the last thing I remember before I started hyperventilating and eventually blacking out.

I woke up 2 hours later, once again to the door slamming shut, this time however it was my mom home from work. I layed there in bed though struck with fear, to scared to move. When I did manage to move it felt as if my body had run around the blocks 5 times and then just fell down. I was sore as hell. I tried to tell her what had happened but she was busy and just seemed to think I had a bad nightmare.

So after that.. I started having these episodes all the time, at least a few times a month. Always when I least expected them. However the man on fire, I never saw him again ever. After him it was more obvious scary things like shadow people and ghostly figures all of which seem to have their own personalities and such. I had these throughout my childhood and they really didnt calm down till I was 17, when I finally found out what was actually going on, that it was some strange sleep disorder. Up till then I almost thought I was actually demon possessed and they were feeding off my soul or something.

I still have them to this day, I am now 30 and they arent nearly as scary but now and then I have the occasional one that jumps out and surprises me. PLenty more stories of SP if anyone cares to hear them.

vikki

Sleep Paralysis can be so horrible. I only get it every once in a great while now, I'm also 30, but I've had episodes since I was 13. I also had night terrors as a child and I think that has contributed to SP in some way. When I first had SP I had the worst deep siren/alarm/phase wind sound ringing in my ears. Now I seem to be able to moan quite loudly while it's going on and I'll wake up or my wife will wake me.

One time I was camping with my youth group when I was 15 and we had a bonfire next to a lake. It was nearly dark and I looked across the lake above the forest treeline and noticed what seemed to be a massive headlight pointing downwards and floating in the sky. I thought it was a plane or helicopter at first but there were no flashing lights, just this solitary yellow light pointing down. It moved really fast and eventually disappeared.

Several others saw it as well and one of the adults who said "Wtf was that?"

PSYGN

We lived in a small house built in the 20's temporarily before moving onto the military housing. One night my brother tramples over me with the light still on and puts a blanket over his head. I ask him what was going on and he tells me what he saw out there. He tells me he saw a white figure in a suit and hat walk towards the backyard windows as he walked to the bathroom to pee.

Later I learn that a man killed himself in the 30's or 40's in that house and would fit the dressy description. Likely just a coincidence, though and he has bad eyesight, but it still gave me the shivers when I learned of it.

Astorgh

When I was 11 (maybe 12) years old I was eating dinner with my sister and my mom when I went to the kitchen to get some water. My mom and my sister were talking something about the school which I really wasn't paying atention to. I was searching for a clean glass when I hear someone said my name. I thought my mom or my sister said it but not referring or talking to me, I thought the name just popped out in the conversation. Like 5 seconds later I hear my name again but this time just behind me and louder. My instant reaction was to turn myself to the dining room and say “What?” because I wanted that to be my mom or my sister. They were still talking and didn't noticed anything.

Some months (or weeks I can't remember) later I was alone at the house and, again, I went to the kitchen to get some water. While I was walking towards the kitchen I was trying to make that “pop” sound you can make with your lips, but for some reason I couldn't do it. I stopped trying and, again like 5 seconds later, I hear the same “pop” sound I was trying do coming from the kitchen.

Those are the only strange things that have ever happened to me. Not really that strange.

This one comes from my parents and some other uncles and aunts that were present too:

My mom's grandma died some weeks before my sister was born. So, of course, they never met. Someday, when my sister was already 2 or 3 years old, they were at my aunt's house just visiting (some uncles lived there too). They let my sister go and she went to a room while everybody was in the kitchen talking. After some minutes they heard my sister was talking just for no reason so my mom went to see what was she doing. She entered the room and asked her “What are you doing?” she replied “I'm playing with your grandma.” My mom almost passed out and they had to lay her on a bed. My sister only remembers what happened after my mom fainted and, to this day, my parents claim they never ever talked about my mom's grandma in front of my sister before that so there was no reason she knew about her.

gugi40

I'm not sure if it's really spooky but it's something I've always tried to look for an answer to and never found.

Back in middle school I was waiting at the bus stop. It was still pretty dark out since it was January and 5 something in the morning (yay first stop on the bus route). The two other kids who had the same bus stop lived much closer to it, and were leaving their house to walk over. I waved to them , then looked a little further up into the sky like I still kind of do. I saw a shooting star streak down. I was like "neat!" cause I'd never seen one before. But then my eyes went wide when the shooting star proceeded to curve back up into the sky, like a cross between a checkmark and a u, then disappear. All of this happened in 3-4 seconds.

It was too wide of a curve to be from "hitting" something and ricocheting back up (and there was really nothing there to hit, clear winter sky and it did not fall far enough to hit anything near the ground), and because the other two kids had their backs to it they didn't see it.

Still have no clue what it could have been,
I always try to look at the night sky, I have seen weird things like you described. Once was a light coming up from the city horizon going up up up, then it stopped and hovered above the city for a few minutes without moving, then it skyrocketed straight up into the sky an disappeared, there were no clouds.

Another time me and my friends saw what looked like a burning plane falling from the sky but it disapeared before it got too low.

And the most recent was 2 weeks ago, I saw a fiery object going up and up into the sky, then it made a few small circles way up there further than helicopters and regular planes... After it made the circles it rose up and up until it disappeared into the atmosphere. It was higher up than any plane I ever saw.

I dont know how to explain these things, all I can think of is military tests or aliens. I dont live near any military bases.

Lazyslob

Banned
I also have a lot of stuff with my first apartment when I was 19, and nightly "visits" from shadow people. That shit was terrifying.

tell these stories!

I still have them to this day, I am now 30 and they arent nearly as scary but now and then I have the occasional one that jumps out and surprises me. PLenty more stories of SP if anyone cares to hear them.

Im kind of burnt out on sleep paralysis stories but yours were pretty creepy! I've also heard something talking in tongues and saw some gnarly shit . Just with anything else you can see the "symptoms" and maybe help yourself out. A lot of the time i had it i would be paranoid as shit before i slept, things like that. Also, i dont sleep on my back anymore because it would only happen when i sleep on my back(and because i snore). I read somewhere that sleep paralysis is a good way to have an out of body experience. Can anyone confirm this?

Another time me and my friends saw what looked like a burning plane falling from the sky but it disapeared before it got too low.

omg maybe you saw something like i did! I told the story before on here but what i saw looked like a fireball in the sky. the weird thing was it was falling to the ground super slowly and you can see flames on it. it was just falling really slow, that's just what made it extra weird. i live in a big city and i tried looking on the news for some coverage but it seems no one else saw it except for me and my friend.

I also saw a ufo one night when all the power went out. i was bored so i decided to watch the dudes try and fix things and when i was looking at the sky i saw a light that looked like a star but a lttle dimmer. it was moving one way, stopped and then started moving the other way. then it started getting dimmer and dimmer like it was moving higher up.

Hayvic

I have lived for almost 2 years here and was very excited when I got this apartment. It was old and unkept, but the size and location more than made up for things it lacked and the creaking of the walls when the neighbors as much as sighed. Cleaning everything was a huge chore and a paint job almost made the apartment look descent except for this black stain on the bathroom tiles that just refused to disappear. The bathroom was the one big downside. Besides the stain, the thing that irked me was the lack of a sink. There was only a toilet and a shower, so I did most of my grooming in the kitchen. Within a few days I realized that shaving in the kitchen is disgusting. To kill two birds in one stone I decided to hang a small mirror in the shower; this way I could shave without scattering hair all over my kitchen and I could position it so that it would cover up the stain. No sooner said than done, that evening I was enjoying a shower just before bedtime. I grabbed a towel and while still in the shower I proceeded to dry myself. The neighbors were especially noisy and I could hear them thumping through the walls like they were moving heavy objects. I covered my head with the towel to dry my hair and a sudden urge came over me; it was like a voice screaming at me to fend off an attack. So I did. I waved my arm in front and to my great surprise I hit something. My fingers instinctively clutched around the object. It was wet and cold. I had to strain myself to keep it away from me. My heart started racing as the towel slowly slid from my head. The warmth of the shower had dissipated and a chilling cold grabbed me. I was not prepared to see what I saw; a hand was coming through the mirror, its fingers grisly pale trying to claw my neck. My knees turned week and with my last ounce of strength I pushed myself away and I slammed into the opposite wall. The hand retracted into the mirror. I laid there gasping for what seemed several minutes until I had gathered enough strength in my legs to stand up and smash the mirror on the floor. Behind it was still the black stain. Still naked and dripping I went through the house and smashed all other mirrors. I can still hear my neighbors thumping at the walls every night and sometimes through a smothering dream I can hear them begging me to put the mirror back into place.

AniHawk

well i don't label this as spooky. i just think it's kinda neat.

in 1998 my grandfather died of throat cancer. he had been diagnosed with it in 1994 and thanks to treatment i think the time between then and his death he managed to eke out a couple bonus years. as a kid, i would always see him messing with this cuckoo clock in the tv room. the clock itself would never run and he was always standing next to it and tinkering with it, checking the pendulums, winding the hour and minute hands. the clock didn't work. everyone in the family knew it didn't work. he messed around with it so much i started to associate it with him, like you might somebody's car. grandpa and the clock.

when he was in hospice care, his bed was put in the tv room. he was in there for about six weeks, almost always in bed before his final sleep. the days i'd visit, he would be messing with that clock still, pulling on the chains and messing with the weights. he died around noon on a tuesday, and my dad took me and my sister out of school. his body was still there and we were able to see him. now that i think about it, that's something you believe might be fairly traumatizing and maybe it was. i remember seeing my dead grandmother just two years ago in the same room under the same conditions, except i arrived moments after she died and forehead was still warm. regardless, i didn't really see either one of them as dead or objects. they were my grandparents. i had been talking with them just days prior. so it didn't really feel like they were gone.

my grandfather's body was finally removed from the house at around 6pm, well after it was already dark. it was a very long day and it was especially weird that at that moment to feel his absence for the first time. after a lot of emotional moments with my grandma, mom, and other family, i for some reason started wandering about the house on my own. i think i was just bored. or maybe in shock. i went over to the clock and pushed the pendulum once. to my surprise, the pendulum didn't slow to a halt after a few swings back and forth. it kept going, and the clock works to this day.

now i'm not a religious man, but i also won't discount the possibility that anything is possible. after this happened, which also surprised everyone else in the house that day, my mom revealed she had had a conversation with her dad as his health really started to decline, and she wanted him to give us a sign that he got to heaven safely when he finally passed on.

there could be a rational explanation behind this, and maybe there is, but there's no way of reaching back into history and finding the answer. the possibility of something extraordinary happening gives me a small degree of comfort.

Kyzer

Banned
About once or twice a year, I'll wake up with a giagantic welt or scabbed-over wound that spans the length of my left forearm. There's never been any trace of blood or stain on my sheets. Just a long freaking scar. No clue what's going on.

You mean boogers?

well i don't label this as spooky. i just think it's kinda neat.

in 1998 my grandfather died of throat cancer. he had been diagnosed with it in 1994 and thanks to treatment i think the time between then and his death he managed to eke out a couple bonus years. as a kid, i would always see him messing with this cuckoo clock in the tv room. the clock itself would never run and he was always standing next to it and tinkering with it, checking the pendulums, winding the hour and minute hands. the clock didn't work. everyone in the family knew it didn't work. he messed around with it so much i started to associate it with him, like you might somebody's car. grandpa and the clock.

when he was in hospice care, his bed was put in the tv room. he was in there for about six weeks, almost always in bed before his final sleep. the days i'd visit, he would be messing with that clock still, pulling on the chains and messing with the weights. he died around noon on a tuesday, and my dad took me and my sister out of school. his body was still there and we were able to see him. now that i think about it, that's something you believe might be fairly traumatizing and maybe it was. i remember seeing my dead grandmother just two years ago in the same room under the same conditions, except i arrived moments after she died and forehead was still warm. regardless, i didn't really see either one of them as dead or objects. they were my grandparents. i had been talking with them just days prior. so it didn't really feel like they were gone.

my grandfather's body was finally removed from the house at around 6pm, well after it was already dark. it was a very long day and it was especially weird that at that moment to feel his absence for the first time. after a lot of emotional moments with my grandma, mom, and other family, i for some reason started wandering about the house on my own. i think i was just bored. or maybe in shock. i went over to the clock and pushed the pendulum once. to my surprise, the pendulum didn't slow to a halt after a few swings back and forth. it kept going, and the clock works to this day.

now i'm not a religious man, but i also won't discount the possibility that anything is possible. after this happened, which also surprised everyone else in the house that day, my mom revealed she had had a conversation with her dad as his health really started to decline, and she wanted him to give us a sign that he got to heaven safely when he finally passed on.

there could be a rational explanation behind this, and maybe there is, but there's no way of reaching back into history and finding the answer. the possibility of something extraordinary happening gives me a small degree of comfort.

You've already posted this before, right ? Maybe in the Halloween thread ?
I remember your story.

Namikaze1

Back when I was younger and lived in Puerto Rico, my family and I went to a lake/river/I don't remember near Ponce. To this day, I still don't understand what I saw that day. My family were on one side of the lake/river/whatever it was while I was swimming. On the other side was a girl around my age (4, possibly 5) wearing a white dress. She stood on a rock right next to the water. I dive under for a second to come up and find her gone. I was literally under the water for a second. I had asked my family if they noticed her and all said no. I seriously wonder what the hell I saw that day.
I actually waited for roughly ten minutes to see if she had jump in but she hadn't.

AniHawk

You've already posted this before, right ? Maybe in the Halloween thread ?
I remember your story.

i've posted it several times over many years, yeah. it's the only thing that i can't easily explain. there were times when suddenly scary things happened, but it turns out i just spooked myself.

SeriousApes

I had a spooky experience sometime last year. One night I had a strange dream that I was looking through the window in my bedroom at a gray and tempestuous sky. The clouds churned and the trees outside my window whipped violently back and forth. Then multiple tornadoes formed and began touching down, like tendrils from the sky. But that was just a dream.

A few nights later, I was awake late. I thought I heard a voice, a woman. Endless and robotic. I couldn't understand what she was saying. There was a lot of static. It was coming from downstairs. I was too freaked out to investigate.

The same thing repeated the next night. But this time it was louder. I took my wind-up flashlight with me and ventured downstairs, turned on every light, and followed the crackling voice to its source. It was coming from a small closet under the stairs. Fuck. I was trembling.

But I figured it couldn't be anything supernatural, so I quickly opened the doors to find an emergency radio broadcasting the NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards station.

I breathed a sigh of relief, but it still freaked me out, especially after my remembering my dream from a couple nights before. The voice on the radio was warning of high winds.

Oh, someone elses story in here reminded me of another one. My nephew has never met my mother (she passed away before he was born). One day me and my sister in-law were talking about her and my nephew says "Oh, I know her, we play all the time." My sister in-law gets upset with him thinking he is lying and making this up. He insists he isn't lying and says she is in the room, and points into a corner of the room. We decide to ask him to describe what she looks like and he describes her exactly what she looked like before she died.

Edit: I don't remember exactly how old he was, but he was under 10 years old.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I have a few... two marked me for life.

When I was like 7 I was playing basketball with some friends and after a session I sat by a small hill close to the court. I looked at the sky and saw this saucer-looking thing just getting closer to where I was standing. At one point I felt it was gonna crash over me and I started yelling like a mad man and people had to restrain me. Eventually the UFO took a turn and went away. No one saw it except me.

A few years ago me and a few buddies were drunk by the beach, it was about 2AM. Pitch dark, except for some phone screens and the moon. One of my buddies says out load "What the fuck?" and points somewhere along the beach about a 100 meters of where we were. We could see silhouettes of what seemed to be kids playing along the beach. Lots of them! No adults either, and we couldn't make out what those kids actually were. All of us saw the playing kids. None of us had the guts to walk over there and we went NOPE and just left the beach. Fuck that.

gugi40

tell these stories!

Im kind of burnt out on sleep paralysis stories but yours were pretty creepy! I've also heard something talking in tongues and saw some gnarly shit . Just with anything else you can see the "symptoms" and maybe help yourself out. A lot of the time i had it i would be paranoid as shit before i slept, things like that. Also, i dont sleep on my back anymore because it would only happen when i sleep on my back(and because i snore). I read somewhere that sleep paralysis is a good way to have an out of body experience. Can anyone confirm this?

omg maybe you saw something like i did! I told the story before on here but what i saw looked like a fireball in the sky. the weird thing was it was falling to the ground super slowly and you can see flames on it. it was just falling really slow, that's just what made it extra weird. i live in a big city and i tried looking on the news for some coverage but it seems no one else saw it except for me and my friend.

I also saw a ufo one night when all the power went out. i was bored so i decided to watch the dudes try and fix things and when i was looking at the sky i saw a light that looked like a star but a lttle dimmer. it was moving one way, stopped and then started moving the other way. then it started getting dimmer and dimmer like it was moving higher up.

It looked like a something was on fire right?

Falling really slowly and then disappearing. I live in a big city too and there was no report on it either, me and two friends just saw it falling like wtf is that?

And what could possibly explain a light moving in directions that not even the most agile of aircraft could manuever? Only to go fly up into space?

This shit seems more frequent than it should.

Lazyslob

Banned
It looked like a something was on fire right?

Falling really slowly and then disappearing. I live in a big city too and there was no report on it either, me and two friends just saw it falling like wtf is that?

And what could possibly explain a light moving in directions that not even the most agile of aircraft could manuever? Only to go fly up into space?

This shit seems more frequent than it should.

Holy shit yes! my friend even made a joke "what if its a helicopter on fire". the only thing i say looks like it is on the cover on ff7 the meteor. it sounds like im kidding but im not. like a fireball.

So I grew up with a thing called Sleep Paralysis, I am sure most have heard of it by now. You wake up and for some reason its like the opposite of sleep walking, instead of your body acting out your dreams you wake up and are still in a sleep state unable to move.

So most people thats it, the wake up can't move and eventually they pop out of it. Still scary.. but then theres the type I have. The kind where you wake up and can't move and you notice someone standing in the room just outside of your vision in the dark. Hallucinations so real they scare the fuck out of you.

So I will start by telling my very first two episodes of sleep paralysis..

It started when I was about 9, I lived in a double wide and my bed was just in a spot that if my bedroom door was open I could see down the hall into the living room and past that into the kitchen. So one night I get up due to being thirsty, get a glass of water and then head back to bed leaving a few lights on in the process. I lay down and get comfortable an slowly start to fall back asleep... but then I notice something. A moving light just outside the view of the hallway in the living room. The light moves to the hallway and it is blinding at first but then fades to reveal a man, a man completely engulfed in flames. He slowly walks down the hall fire just jetting off his skin and hes looking right at me. As he walks slowly there is this weird chanting.. like some foreign language or someone speaking tongues.. but its echoing.

Now I grew up in a pretty religious family, my dad would talk of demons and such, even once telling me that if I am ever attacked by one to cry out the name of Jesus. Well.. I tried that, but unfortunately being in a sleep paralysis state the most I could get out of my gritted teeth was gggeeeesssoooossss. Which didnt seem to help. The figure moved into my room and then stood over me speaking still in a weird chanting language. He reached down to touch me and.. poof! gone. I fell out of bed and ran my scared ass to mommy and daddies room.

So strange thing.. that was it. I never saw this figure again and I could never really explain what happened but I know to me it was real as day. So yeah that was pretty much it, didnt see like that again or have sleep paralysis for a good 4 years.. then well it happened again.

This time was even a bit more weird. So it started I was at a friends house staying the night, we had planned on going to Las Vegas in the morning to go to the mall and shop for school stuff and hopefully go to the arcade. However I woke up at 5 am and for some odd reason felt like I should not go, that I should go home now. I woke up my friend and told him I needed to head home. He asked why and I really didnt have an answer but that I wouldn't be going to Las Vegas today with his family. He said whatever and I grabbed my stuff. I walked home which was a few blocks from his place, when I got there no one was home. Turns out my father and sisters stayed at my grandmothers outside of town for the night and my mother at the time was a ambulance driver so she worked 24 hour shifts. She wouldn't be home till 8am, it was now 6.

So I just decided Id go lay down and try and get some more sleep. I got on my top bunk, which now was in a different spot in the room where I could not look down the hall. As I dozed off I all a sudden heard the front door slam. My first reaction was oh my mom is home, then I thought wait its too early. Then I heard steps walking down the hallway. Now in this house I could always hear peoples steps and most of the time I could always figure out who it was based on weight and the speed of the steps. So as I listened to these steps a deep fear came over me. These were unfamiliar steps, to light to be my father and to heavy to be my sisters or mom.. my hairs stood up on the back of my neck and I began to feel adrenaline pump through my body making my skin tingle. I tried to move but I was frozen, stuck there as someone made their way to my room. So in total fear and no options of escape.. I just shut my eyes. The steps stopped and there was just silence. I waited, hoping and moment now I would pop out of this nightmare and everything would be ok. Time passed enough that I figured it was over, so I opened my eyes. Well it wasn't over, the damned guy was just fucking standing there at my door way staring at me, flames just flying off him and soon as we made eye contact he rushed at me yelling crazy nonsense in some freaky language. He came right up to the side of the bed and stared me right in the eyes, and thats when I noticed.. he had no eyes his skull appeared to be hollow and you could see the flames inside. That was the last thing I remember before I started hyperventilating and eventually blacking out.

I woke up 2 hours later, once again to the door slamming shut, this time however it was my mom home from work. I layed there in bed though struck with fear, to scared to move. When I did manage to move it felt as if my body had run around the blocks 5 times and then just fell down. I was sore as hell. I tried to tell her what had happened but she was busy and just seemed to think I had a bad nightmare.

So after that.. I started having these episodes all the time, at least a few times a month. Always when I least expected them. However the man on fire, I never saw him again ever. After him it was more obvious scary things like shadow people and ghostly figures all of which seem to have their own personalities and such. I had these throughout my childhood and they really didnt calm down till I was 17, when I finally found out what was actually going on, that it was some strange sleep disorder. Up till then I almost thought I was actually demon possessed and they were feeding off my soul or something.

Christ man, I read stuff like this and I feel lucky. I also suffer from the occasional SP attack. When I hallucinate, i see bugs flying around. And spiders and stuff. Not nearly as spooky as some of the stuff people see.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ok. The shadow men stories.

Back when I was 19, I got my first apartment. It was a studio in Milwaukee, and I lived there for a few months before I moved out to Vegas, and then finally Los Angeles.

When I first moved into the apartment, my mom went through it, burning sage, and cleansing the apartment of any negative spirits/energy that may be there. Everything seemed perfectly fine for the first few days, maybe even weeks.

The apartment was pretty small, with just a room, a closet, a "kitchen" type area thing, and a bathroom. The only furniture I had was a chair, and a black leather couch, which I slept on. I also tend to sleep on my stomach or side, but this night, I was sleeping on my stomach, and I was woken by a hard pressure on my body, pressing me down into the couch. I couldn't move my body, but I could turn my head slightly. I opened my eyes, as best I could, and in the dark room, I could only see, out of the corner of my eye, a dark shadow kind of moving and undulating in the dark. In my ear, there was this throaty, growling breathing, in and out, so close to my ear that I could feel it touching it, and warm breath on my face. I was scared shitless, and couldn't think of anything to do but pray and command the whatever the fuck it was to go away. I tried to cast it out in the name of Jesus, and eventually it went away.

I thought that was it, but every night, around that time (about 3 or 4 in the morning), the shadow person would return and do the same thing. Another time, the presence was different. It was decidedly more feminine, and while I was on my side, it curled up next to me, and grabbed my genitals and growled/purred in my ear. I still could not move and do anything but turn my head and look around my apartment. The only thing I ever saw were the outlines/shadow of a figure. I couldn't make out any features on them. It was just solid black.

I figured I must have been dreaming, sleep paralysis, etc, etc, but I know I was awake, and was not just in the fog of half awake/sleep. I was wide awake each time.

Even now, I can still remember what it felt like and sounded like when the shadow people touched me and growled/purred in my ear. That's about the closest I've come to anything like that, as I never really had any supernatural experiences beyond my dead grandmother talking to me when I was 6 years old. My mom and aunt would ask me questions, and my grandmother would tell me the answer, and I'd tell them. But that wasn't creepy to me, but I remember that rather clearly as well. There were things my grandmother told me that me that, being a 6 year old, would never have known. For example, my aunt had gone missing, and my family could not find her. I asked my grandmother where she was, and she told me the "House of C's." That's what I told my mom, and she was like, "The House of Corrections?" I had no frigging idea what that was. So my mom called the House of Corrections (which is basically like a jail, sort of), and sure enough, my aunt was there.

Strange stuff. I don't need an explanation or answer for these events, I just know they happened, and they were weird, and I'm over it now.

Atomski

tell these stories!

Yeah Ive managed to do out of body stuff, its not easy though and I could never get to far. It feels like your in a wind tunnel and most the time I just saw myself falling through the bed or wall and that would freak me the fuck out and id then zap back to my body. Would love to understand why your mind really does this stuff.

Talking about controlling sleep paralysis I have a creepy story about that.

Back when I first was discovering what sleep paralysis was thanks to the internet I was amazed that it was all mental. I mean for most my childhood I believed that these things may actually be real. So once it was obvious they weren't real I decided to do a little experiment. The goal was to put myself into a sleep paralysis state and then see what I wanted to see. So typically after class if I worked out a bit and then napped I would always have sleep paralysis, so I did this and it worked. About 15 minutes after falling asleep I was awake and paralysed. So with my eyes shut I think I want want to see a beautiful woman. I imagined her features in my mind, dark hair, green eyes, freckles, you know all that corny shit. Well once done I decided to open my eyes in hope that i could visualize her. When I opened my eyes however no one was there, everything seemed normal, however there was one thing out of place, on my desk was a small gargoyle statue. It just appeared to be made out of stone and wasn't moving. So i closed my eyes again and thought man wtf thats not what I wanted at all. So this time I tried to focus harder. I opened my eyes again and the gargoyle was still there however this time he had one of those things you make string with, a spinning wheel. Frustrated I closed my eyes again and thought surely I have some control over what I am seeing. So I focused this time on just making that spinning wheel and the gargoyle going away.

When I opened my eyes this time the gargoyle was now animated, pulling the wheel to make string. The resource he was using to do this though was coming out of my head between my eyes. I almost freaked as it was like I could feel something physically being pulled from my head into the spin wheel. I decided it was game over and started shaking to wake myself up.

Strangest thing was that night I rented Spirited Away on dvd to watch with my family. As I was watching it all a sudden there was a scene with a spinning wheel. I felt a chill when I saw it.. I mean what's the chances?!

PKrockin

I figured I must have been dreaming, sleep paralysis, etc, etc, but I know I was awake, and was not just in the fog of half awake/sleep. I was wide awake each time.
I haven't had sleep paralysis that I can remember, but IIRC during it you're fully awake in terms of consciousness/awareness/whatever despite continuing to hallucinate and be immobile.

Lazyslob

Banned
Short story!

I was lying down on a big bed for a little, trying to sleep. I was on the left side and something made the bed go down in the middle of the bed like someone was lying down as well. it freaked me out and i ran out of the room. it was around the same time i was having all those sleep paralysis and heard something say my name. i always thought it was a demon. maybe i was just having a psychotic attack or some shit LOL.

J D

Banned
This is my first post here, just got accepted today.

I have a few stories to tell but this is probably the most memorable one.
I went on holiday with my parents to the isle of man and there is a bridge there called the fairy bridge. Local superstition says that if you don't greet the fairies when you cross they will play a trick on you or something bad will happen. Both my dad and i said hello but my mom refused to say anything because it was "stupid" when we arrived at our hotel 20 min later she had black ink scribbled all the way up the back of her new top. we looked for everything that may have caused it but there was no ink on the car seat or anywhere else, no leaked pens, and when we watched the video footage from just before returning to the car from the ferry the ink was not there then either. Even today the only explanation we have is that the fairies did it.

Once I was walking with my friend heading to the store after football practice. We were coming up to a cross walk and as it have us the walk signal I just stood there my buddy said I was lifeless as if I was in some sort of trance as he tried to get my attention two car went through the intersection smashing into one another . Shit was weird as I came out of it seeing that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom