• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange, spooky, unexplainable shit that's happened to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
Last week, my cousins put on a horror film and asked me to watch it with them. I'm not into the genre, but I reluctantly decided to give it a shot. Aside from not finding the movie particularly scary (as far as horror goes I guess), I didn't think much of it. Well, not until the following night.

One of the plot points involves a woman waking up with large bruises around her body. Though not as dramatic, I've also been waking up to unusual scratches, scrapes, and bruises in various locations since watching the film. I've ruled out all the logical ways I could have scratched myself (my nails are very short for one), and I'd normally just shrug it off since they're minor (albeit irritating) injuries. I'm not particularly superstitious either, and every thing I've read about it online sounds like a parody, so that hasn't been much help. I thought I'd forget about it a few days ago, but new ones have appeared daily and it's a bit unsettling not being able to find a rational explanation for them. I guess the only thing left to say is "am I already dead, GAF?"

Anyone experience something weird (similar or otherwise) and found no way to rationalize it?
This thing happens to me OP. It's been happening a long time and I have zero idea how. I always have long scratches on my legs at weird angles that I could never do to myself. Sometimes it's a single one, sometimes in close groups of three or four.

Business

I have a severe case of these that suddenly appeared a year ago and according to 2 different doctors it wont go away. There's surgery but it's expensive and it can fuck you up worse. I even see them with my eyes closed.

I didnt get used to them as much as I learned to live with it. Being outside during the day can suck, but it is what it is.

It was a cause of depression for me for a while but that's mostly cause if you look it up online you'll see tons of message boards with people straight up considering suicide, so it's one of those cases when reading about it is more harmful than good.

Yeah floaters are fucked up and I can see some of mine with my eyes closed as well. Like you said gotta learn to live with them as we patiently await for a safe cure.

As a kid I thought they were some kind of microorganisms, as if looking through a microscope, but nothing supernatural.

Tons of stuff have happened over the years for me, but the more recent one I suppose I'll put down in a quick story.

So there's this road that is haunted by all sorts of shit. Pictures of demon-like creatures that people I know have taken,

Might just go get that voice recording off my phone finally. No idea how to upload it though.

I always enjoy reading these threads on GAF, but every single time someone mentions something like this, they never ever deliver. It should be really easy to get some of these pictures you mention, and upload the voice recording to YouTube or something.

How about it? ;)

Back when I just gotten out of the military, I moved in with my mother to help out with financial hardships. Well she finally was on her feet and it was time for me to move on into my own place. Well one night back in 2005, my friend and I were packing up the last of my belongings and boxing them up and carrying them outside to put in my 95 Honda Civic. It was a warm night and we had finally finished up around 3 am. We hop in my car and prepare for the short drive to my new apartment. I had no A/C so we drove with the windows completely down. Now my car needed a little work but it had some get up and go and was well taken care of. We pulled out of the old neighborhood and I noticed how the moon was different. Not anything odd mind you but it was different. So we pull up to the corner out of the neighborhood and drive a little ways to my next turn. Now this road was adjacent to a dilapidated house on the corner and across the street was the landfill that people dumped their trash. Even though it was 3 am I still came to a stop and put on my blinker. As I was about to make a left, out of nowhere a shadow appeared to be running out of the sky and landed on the road next to my drivers side. I will never forget what I saw. I could make out its full shape due to the illumination of the moon. It was the biggest blackest dog looking thing I had ever seen in my life. Its eyes were red and bright enough to brighten my driver side. There was heat radiating from it as it ran up next to the car. It stood above my drivers side window and was about 3/4 the length of my car. Its hair was stringy and from its head to about where the shoulders meet and the rest kinda billowed like smoke. Over the sound of my car you could hear the panting and the pads hitting the asphalt. Now I didnt panic, but my boy was in the passenger seat screaming his head off. I am trying to accelerate, but my car didnt accelerate fast at all. I got up to about 35 mph and it stayed up with me for about half a mile. I am trying to keep my bearings on the road and putting my window up. And thats when I looked at it and decided I was gonna swing at it. Fuck it I am gonna hit it. And its almost as if it knew. It stared right at me and for the love of God it fucking made a yipping noise that sounded like a laugh. It then dove into the wooded area running next to the road. I never have seen anything like it ever again in my life. The thing about it was I wasnt afraid at all. More curious as to where it came from. I later met a couple friends over the years who were deep in the paranormal and spiritual worlds. I tell them my story and they all say that the only reason it didnt attack me was because I wasnt afraid. It was there to taunt. And when I became fed up and I went to attack, I took away what it was feeding off of. To this day I will never forget those eyes and that cackle.

Rflagg

Bookmarking for later when it is not 1:30 in the morning, due to my being a wimp I can not handle this kind of thing when I am the only one up and it is dark everywhere.

I don't remember who's story or where on Gaf I read it but the one with the woman's hair turning white is my favorite creepy story I have read on the Internet.

I have lived for almost 2 years here and was very excited when I got this apartment. It was old and unkept, but the size and location more than made up for things it lacked and the creaking of the walls when the neighbors as much as sighed. Cleaning everything was a huge chore and a paint job almost made the apartment look descent except for this black stain on the bathroom tiles that just refused to disappear. The bathroom was the one big downside. Besides the stain, the thing that irked me was the lack of a sink. There was only a toilet and a shower, so I did most of my grooming in the kitchen. Within a few days I realized that shaving in the kitchen is disgusting. To kill two birds in one stone I decided to hang a small mirror in the shower; this way I could shave without scattering hair all over my kitchen and I could position it so that it would cover up the stain. No sooner said than done, that evening I was enjoying a shower just before bedtime. I grabbed a towel and while still in the shower I proceeded to dry myself. The neighbors were especially noisy and I could hear them thumping through the walls like they were moving heavy objects. I covered my head with the towel to dry my hair and a sudden urge came over me; it was like a voice screaming at me to fend off an attack. So I did. I waved my arm in front and to my great surprise I hit something. My fingers instinctively clutched around the object. It was wet and cold. I had to strain myself to keep it away from me. My heart started racing as the towel slowly slid from my head. The warmth of the shower had dissipated and a chilling cold grabbed me. I was not prepared to see what I saw; a hand was coming through the mirror, its fingers grisly pale trying to claw my neck. My knees turned week and with my last ounce of strength I pushed myself away and I slammed into the opposite wall. The hand retracted into the mirror. I laid there gasping for what seemed several minutes until I had gathered enough strength in my legs to stand up and smash the mirror on the floor. Behind it was still the black stain. Still naked and dripping I went through the house and smashed all other mirrors. I can still hear my neighbors thumping at the walls every night and sometimes through a smothering dream I can hear them begging me to put the mirror back into place.
Now this was an awesome story. Very cool ending. Scary :S

gabbo

I don't know if this is 'creepy', but at the time, my friends and I, and then my brother and I at a later date, certainly found it unsettling.

So anyway, my friends and I are coming back from the movies, and we're driving down the highway (two lane, country highway so we're clear) and off on the right in an empty field we see figures wandering around, and some standing aimlessly. This is, well rather unusual. We also see cars parked along the side of the road a bit further up. We've slowed down to a crawl by this point because there were a lot of people in the field and quite a few cars. At this point, we've noticed that the people in the field appear to be mainly senior citizen. A little farther we come across someone dressed like a police officer wearing and orange/yellow X'ed vest construction workers usually wear, standing next to the road/field. We pull up beside him and roll down the window, asking if everything is okay. I mean, for all we know a massive accident had occurred. He simply stared at us, and that was more than enough for four high school kids to move along. This all happened in the span of a few minutes. We asked some other friends who had driven in a different car that night if they saw the same thing (they left a bit earlier than we did), and nadda. Took the same route, but no people in a field. Nothing ever came of it, and we laughed it off, and it stayed that way for another near decade for me.

Until I'm driving out to pick my brother up from work when his shift had ended (he couldn't drive at the time), and on my way down a completely different road, I see a large group of people (30 maybe) walking on the side of the road. They were wearing white ...like garbs over their shoulders that weren't robes, but more than what I would call a shawl. one of the people was carrying a large (10-15) foot wooden pole with a shiny (I assume brass) cross at the top. I slowed a bit to see what was going on, realized what my mind was telling my eyes and sped off, mentioning it to my brother. He gave me the 'WTH are you on about' look. We didn't see them on the way back, so I don't know where they went. Another night I picked him up from work, but this time needed gas, so as we're driving into town, who do we spy, but said mass of people walking INTO town, same dress and cross. It must have looked quite odd seeing our old Sunfire crawling along besides them going one way and then a few minutes going the other direction, but they just walked on in silence. And I do mean silence. We lowered the windows, and the only sound was coming from our engine as we drove by.

I have to assume it's some weird religious sect in my home town (of which there are several religious denominations from parts of Europe I'd be ignorant of even now). This is the closest I have to scary, mainly because I still don't know if the two incidents are related, but something tells me they are somehow.

zeemumu

I've always been wary of groups like that. The paranoia and too many horror movies always tells me that they're doing some kind of ritual to resurrect their idol.

gabbo

I've always been wary of groups like that. The paranoia and too many horror movies always tells me that they're doing some kind of ritual to resurrect their idol.

See, my mind went there the first time I saw them alone. I wanted to somehow duck out of sight while still driving. It just felt odd knowing they were looking in my direction the whole time. But nothing came of it, and I've yet to meet any strange deities in the night, so I should be good. .... for now.

did they say they thought it was a skinwalker?

Nah. One friend stated that due to the influence in the area and the time of night she said it was probably someone dabbling in shit they shouldn't be doing. There's a lot of older folks of both Caribbean and Latino descent in the area. They surmised it was something along those lines. Personally I thought it was a black dog.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)

z-layrex

Banned
So I'm a nurse. I was doing a night shift on a recovery unit a couple of years ago (where you're woken up safely after a general anaesthetic), and there were no operations planned for the night so I decided to go lye down. Now in this department a floor below is a big break room filled with sofa's, so sounded perfect to me. However another nurse told me not many of the nurses & doctors who work there will take their breaks in the room at night, She tells me the whole floor is haunted and very strange things happen to people at night there sometimes. The theory was that the man who used to do inventory on the floor there who died a couple of years previously was still hanging around... and it seemed like he was very angry.

I am not superstitious or religious in any way, so of course I didn't believe her and myself and another nurse called Claire went down there to lye down. Claire goes to a sofa one side of the room and I lye across some soft chairs the other side, we were the only people in the room. I wasn't tired at all so didn't try to sleep, I just turned to face the back of the chair and read stuff on my phone while listening to music. That is when after about 20 minutes it happened, I shit you not someone tapped me on the back. I was 100% wide awake and immediately turned around and said "what?", thinking it was Claire. There was no one fucking there, and I could see Claire asleep on the sofa the other side of the room. I grabbed my shit and left the room.

Needless to say I never went down there again on a night shift. One of the other people working that night told me she didn't go there since her keys and ID badge were thrown off the coffee table when she was the only person in the room. FFS.

I got really on edge remembering that and typing it out, my flatmate just shouted out in her sleep in the room next to mine and I nearly shit myself lol.

Do you share a bed?

et9y4JL.gif

which movie is this from?

- Was playing hide and seek with some other kids while camping when I was about 8 years old. It was getting dark, and I was puppy guarding the base, since I was that guy. I saw someone among the trees that was moving and running like one of the kids that was playing, but was clearly adult sized. He was dressed simply, in jeans and a black hoodie with the hood up, and I couldn't see his face at all... Only blackness where the head would be. Basically, he looked like what I imagine the grim reaper would look like on casual Friday. He ran back and forth through the trees for a few seconds before slowly fading away and vanishing completely. I freaked the hell out and barely slept that night.

- There's a road near my house where a high school kid killed himself by taking shrooms, hopping in his car and plowing into a tree. While driving down that road one night, I saw a disembodied pair of legs walking by the road. Couldn't make out any details on them, they were just a pair of slightly transparent legs going down the sidewalk. They eventually disappeared into the shadows, and I immediately turned off that road. Still avoid it after dark whenever possible.

- There used to be a broken-down, abandoned mental hospital about 20 minutes from my place. A friend and I decided to check it out late at night, primarily because we were teenagers and teenagers are dumb. We were hanging out by the fence that surrounds the property (Kids like us tried to break into it all the time) when it started violently shaking. We stood there dumbfounded for a second, just staring, when the sound of a man screaming came from somewhere inside the gate. We bolted as fast as we could.

I got a quick one. It's not that creepy, but hey. When I was really little I used to get night terrors and sleep paralysis. Most of the time I just saw various shadowy figures in my room, but nothing that REALLY shook me. One night was a little different, though. At that age I had this stuffed monkey that I absolutely loved. It had really long arms and legs, a body shaped like a jellybean, very short coarse brown fur, and a big head with (in retrospect) weirdly realistic eyes. For as long as I can remember, I hated sleeping with the door open. I didn't like being able to see into the hallway, and my logic as a kid was if anything were to enter my room, I'd hear it. That would be better than something sneaking into my room, at least. Even to this day I feel that way. Anyways, one night I woke up and my door was cracked. That immediately sent me into a panic, since I made it very clear to my parents that I didn't like the door open while I slept. My eyes started scanning the room rapidly, and then I saw it. My monkey toy was standing in the corner of my room, staring at me. I wanted to try and run out of my room, but I was frozen with fear and couldn't move. I watched it walk around for a bit (it was a weird kind of semi-cartoonish tip toe walk, with his legs making a curved shape and his body dipping down with each step) and then it walked out my door, turned around, and closed it slowly. I sat there for a good bit, then ran out and told my parents about the whole thing. They showed me that the toy was in the living room where I had left him, and they let me sleep with them for the night. After that, I could barely stand to look at the thing. It used to be one of my favorite toys, but that morning I shoved it into a closet and never played with it again.

Edit: Just remembered another short one that happened three or four months ago. I had pulled into my neighborhood late one night after coming back from a show about two hours away, and as I was driving saw someone walking on the side of the road. I live in a neighborhood where people usually go inside no later than 10, so this was odd at 4 or 5 in the morning. I slow down and move closer to the middle of the road to give them some space, and as I near them, they suddenly turn around and start walking towards me. I swerve out of the way, but they still manage to walk into my car. I don't feel any bump or anything, but I stop my car and look around to make sure everything's OK. Nothing. As I stand there, I notice it's uncharacteristically dark despite there being a street light directly behind me, and begin trying to recall what happened. As I think about it, I realize that I can't remember any sort of definition or detail regarding the person, despite the fact that they were directly in my line of sight only moments ago. I get home and have trouble sleeping that night. Anyways, the day after I decide that I was probably just really tired, so now I pull over and take naps whenever I feel drowsy on trips.

A few nights ago, around 3:30 or so in the morning, I woke up and went into the kitchen to get a drink. But before I got there, I realized I could hear the TV, which was odd, since my TV was off, the TV in my grandparent's room was off (they sometimes fall asleep with it on and I turn it off if I come out and they're sleeping with it on), the living room one was off, the kitchen one was off, they were all off. Yet, I could plainly hear the TV and it wasn't just like hearing something that vaguely sounds like human speech, I swear I was hearing a news broadcast about "the worst nuclear disaster in history" and urging US citizens to "head north" if we wanted to live.

That reminds me of a dream I had when I was a kid, I think this was around 1999, maybe a bit earlier. I plainly remember watching the news with my family and seeing a report that a deadly meteor was headed towards Earth and would destroy everything in 2001. It was so lifelike that, for a few weeks, I was really depressed and didn't understand why no one else seemed to care. :lol

Another story: when I was 10 or 11 (don't remember which), this was in the early 2000's, I remember looking out of the window in broad daylight and seeing nine black, triangular aircraft flying in the distance. I called my sister, who also saw them: each had four orange lights on it, one in the middle and one on each end of the triangle. They just spiraled around eachother for a few minutes before disappearing out of sight. My sister saw them too, and we never really thought much of it, just that they looked like "cool airplanes". Fast-forward a couple years, to 2010 or 11, and I'm watching a documentary on a wave of UFO sightings in Belgium (where I live) in the late 80's and early 90's. I hadn't thought about those "cool airplanes" for years, and my sister had completely forgotten about them, but everything came pouring back when the documentary described the shape of the UFO's spotted back then. They were black, triangular, with four orange lights: one in the center, and one on each end.

jVygmgp.jpg

Now, I'm still pretty unconvinced that I actually saw an UFO, let alone nine of them, since they were so clearly visible at 4 PM in the afternoon. They were probably some kind of military aircraft. But I'm still kinda surprised at the resemblance.

Coketruck

This isn't unexplainable, but it scared the hell out of me when it happened:

I grew up in a small, rural town. The city had an old air raid siren that was installed just after WWII to warn of Soviet attacks. However, back in the 50's, the city had started sounding the horn every day at noon (kind of a giant alarm clock). I heard the siren thousands of times growing up, so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Starting around seventh grade, I became fascinated with the Cold War, and the fact that the world had lived under the threat of nuclear war for so many years.

About a year later, a loud thunderclap woke me up in the middle of the night. I went to the kitchen to get some water and heard a strange noise outside. I was still half asleep and the storm was raging, so it took me a minute to recognize the sound: it was the air raid siren blaring. That was the first (and only) time I've ever heard it go off other than at noon. I stood there absolutely terrified, convinced that WWIII had started and that Russian nukes were flying toward us.

I ran to the TV and turned it on to see what the news was reporting. Turns out that a tornado had touched down a couple of miles away, and they were blaring the siren as a warning for that. Still, those 30 seconds when I knew the world was ending were scary as hell.

cripterion

I guess weirdest thing for me and something I can still well remember is seeing UFO's when I was a kid, back when I lived in Quito.

Not something I experienced personally but that always creeped me out was, my parents once had friends come over our house and they all went to visit a medieval castle that's 2km from my house. At the time you could visit the catacombs (it's now closed cause the structure is unstable and could collapse).
You could go several levels deep, one of them had you go through some sort of narrow hole via a ladder, took you to the chambers where they used to lock and torture people back in the day.
My parent's friend was the one closing the group and the last to go up, when he rejoined the group, his face was litteraly livid! He claimed someone grabbed his ankle and was pulling him down, of course there was no one else down there but that person was seriously in shock and well... considering the place, you might imagine all kinds of scenarios.

Welp. No sleep tonight. I'll go ahead and repost something I posted in the old unexplained stories thread.

Oh, and here's the place, from the wikipedia page.

sjB6tTE.jpg

Seen this story about the Mudhouse Mansions few times in the other creepy stories threads, but I was pretty captivated with the way the place looked and fascinated to know if there's a backstory to it... (Been wanting to post this, but been away from home...)

So I found a really fun and creepy as hell website on haunted places in Ohio.
(Ignore the general "ghetto-ness" of the site seems to be circa early '90s)

Anyway, there are pretty cool inside pictures of the Mudhouse Mansion.
Sadly seems that most of the "Tales from the Mudhouse Mansion" were taken down, but and the backstory to the crazy landowner is quite an interesting read too...

Didn't happen to me, but my friend told me about it. I'm going off his quick recollection so it's difficult for me to tell you exactly how he told me, but the jist of it is...

He was 12, and broke into an abandoned castle near his area with some friends to play football (soccer). The place, having been abandoned for a long time was rotten, full of fungus, and generally dirty. They were playing football in what he described as the courtyard (I personally have no idea what the castle looks like) when one of his friends kicked the ball too far into what he described as 'the next little open area'. From this area, you could see up to the tower of the castle. In the window, there was a women in a perfectly white wedding dress, not a bit of dirt on it, despite the state of the place. She waved, and he waved back. He went back to play football, not thinking too much of it.

The next week, he somehow ended up on an official tour at the very same castle. I can't remember if he said it was a school trip or something, but he was there, this time with a tour guide. When the tour reached the base of the tower, the guide pointed to the window and said: "Some say that every now and then, the ghost of a women who was once married here appears at the window".

And of course, my friend pits his shants.

This happened way back when I was in the Boy Scouts

It was summer and my parents always wanted me to go to the summer camps they had for troops. Each year it would be a different location and this year, being the third time, was at a place called Ockanickon (Must be some Native American name).

When I arrived there, the place looked quite new and the campus was quite expansive having multiple buildings spread out. At the center of the campus was a totem pole. Apparently from what I have heard, it's been there forever and this place was built around it. It looked like your average totem pole except on the back of the top head was a red spot. From what I was told, if you happen to see it turn green, an entity called the Ockanickon demon comes after you and curses or kills you.

Of course, being a young boy, I believed in this shit and decided to behave not to piss off this malevolent spirit. Every day I would check the totem pole to make sure the spot was red. From what I have heard, the demon in appearance is only seen having two massive green eyes that follow you, the rest of the body can't be seen. A friend of mine told me he saw the entire creatures body and he said it looked human, but he could have been just pulling my leg.

Anyway, there is always that one kid in the troop that misbehaves and act like a complete asshole. After dinner, he said you was going to defile the totem pole in some way. Of course the lot of us tell him no and he seemingly goes back to our camp site.

The next morning, I noticed some of the scouts getting sick. The boy I mentioned before excitingly told us he went up the the totem pole and carved his name and then pissed on it.
I felt like telling the counselors, but I just figured it wouldn't have been a big deal. Later that night, there was a competition where scouts and the adults had fun in these tournaments. while I was watching, I noticed the sky getting darker and large clouds surrounding the area. As a guy who studied weather, these were incredibly large storm clouds and was getting nervous since I never liked sleeping in a tent in this kind of weather. The rain started coming in and were told to go back to our sites for the night.

The thunder was loud enough to make the ground shake and the sound of the heavy rain kept me up from sleeping. There was also some flooding outside as well and I saw rivers going under my tent.
It took forever for me to sleep but the next morning, something strange has happened. About nine out of ten percent of the people there were sick and we were asked to go home early. The bus came and I left and thought it was strange that after that boy defiled the totem pole, people started getting sick and the large storm that hit last night.

Thankfully, I didn't see the demon but did he curse us that night?

Lazyslob

Banned
I've told this story here before. Once, a long time ago, me and my friend when we were about 13 and went to go look for porn another friend left behind in the garages in my apartments. He used to live there. While we were searching the garage we heard a scream or howl or whatever. It sounded like a man mixed with a wolf. i always say it sounded like a dude transforming into a werewolf. anyways we fucking fled. like a year ago i heard the same scream. it woke me up. it seriously sounds like a guy transforming into a creature. it's nothing i've ever heard before, it's gnarly.

As a kid I used to see shit at night without any sort of sleep paralysis. I slept with my head under the blankets in pools of my own sweat just because I didn't want to see the man outside of the window.

Kids imaginations are crazy.

Seeing something which isn't there stopped pretty fast when I began to go partying and drink alcohol. I guess that proves that alcohol ain't good for ya brain?

But yeah, had those moments every other night when I was younger. Sometimes I'd put a plastic sword under my blanket so I could defense myself in case of an attack from some crazy monsters or whatever .

Daffy Duck

I've just been sat at my desk in my office, alone, and my lamp which has an off switch (which is on the top of desk) similar to the one below just turned itself off. It started flickering, then I heard 'click' and the light was off......I thought the bulb had gone but I managed to turn it back on fine......I'm a little spooked at the moment.

nMvA035l.jpg

hey there is a thread for this

I was sitting at my desk playing some FFXI, a game I generally have the sound off on so I can watch anime or listen to music while I play.

This night I just hadnt gotten around to putting something on. I have only just bought this house in august so im not quite familiar with the ins and outs of it, but I started to hear a banging noise. I couldnt quite figure out what it was and I was in the middle of running some salvage on FFXI so I didnt bother to get up. It was persistent though, lasting the entire 25 minutes or so I had on the run left. So the entire time I was trying to figure out what could possibly be banging. As I was about to finish the run I thought maybe its the back screen door hitting the awning, remembering that time I didnt shut it properly.

I got up, walked into the kitchen, flicked on the back porch light, and as soon as I opened the main door the light burned out, and the screen door was closed and locked just fine.

Went back to my desk and the sound didnt happen again.

The timing no that light though...I dont normally get spooked but that just had me standing there dumbfounded

I've seen a few strange things in my time. Perhaps the weirdest one was this:

I was driving from Colorado to Nevada at night (a trip I've made at least once a year for the last 15), and in the middle of Utah, on a curvy stretch of I-70, I suddenly was in a swarm of hundreds, maybe thousands, of little Kangaroo Mice, leaping from right to left across the freeway, in bounds at least 5-6 feet high and at least as long. It was accompanied by a "creepy" feeling that made me sit up straighter, heart pounding, and doubt what was happening even as I saw it. I slowed down, but drove on and tried to control my apprehension, and they thinned out and eventually were gone.

Now, this is a real animal species which lives in the area. And they are quite the jumpers, but I don't think they can jump quite that high/far, and I've never heard of them swarming. But more importantly, I found no evidence that I'd hit or crushed any with my car. If they were real, it's impossible that I wouldn't have impacted dozens of them. I don't recall seeing or hearing any actually hit the car or windshield, but that didn't strike me as odd until later.

I was driving 60-70 mph on a curvy mountain road, so I clearly didn't dream it, because if I were sleeping, I'd have crashed. And the rush of adrenaline made this as clear a memory as any I have. It seems obvious that it was just an hallucination, but I've never had, before or since, reason to doubt my vision. It was very unsettling, the "creepy" feeling even more so than the illusory mice.

Daffy Duck

So the thread bump is proper necro, but I am listening to The Black Tapes at the moment and they just started talking about Ouija boards, and it got me thinking, any one used one of these before?

Any spooky stories to tell about them?

Got onto demon boards and reading the funny stories online about zozo.

While I was still living at my parents' house, I had my gaming PC set up in a room that has a door leading to the backyard. Anyways, I was chilling and I heard a noise from the door, prompting me to look over. There I saw the doorknob turning right to left and eventually the door opened all the fuck by itself. I didn't stick around to see if it was like a ghost or someone trying to murder me but I ran and told my parents. We went back and there was no one there but sure as shit the door was ajar. I've only recently started doing drugs so this is real.

Daffy Duck

While I was still living at my parents' house, I had my gaming PC set up in a room that has a door leading to the backyard. Anyways, I was chilling and I heard a noise from the door, prompting me to look over. There I saw the doorknob turning right to left and eventually the door opened all the fuck by itself. I didn't stick around to see if it was like a ghost or someone trying to murder me but I ran and told my parents. We went back and there was no one there but sure as shit the door was ajar. I've only recently started doing drugs so this is real.

Holy shit, that would freak me the hell out.

Nothing too crazy here but one of those few odd things that's happened.

A girlfriend of one of my brother's friends some 5 - 6 years used to come by when my brother had his friend get-togethers at home. My mother would tell me that she learned that the girl in question had 'the gift' in that she could see things (spirits, aura, etc) mainly as she would say things to my mother on that and some of the things she mentioned would unnerve my mother time to time.

In time though she would stop coming over and after questioning my brother over it he said that the reason she would not come over is that she could see an older man in our backyard who wouldn't stop glaring at her that she took as a warning to her.

From her descriptions it matched that of our grandfather who passed away back in 1998. There was also no way she could get any picture prior as all the big family pictures are still stuck in a hard to reach area that hasn't been cleared out since the family moved into the house in '99.

It was one of those things that made us blink but at the same time unsurprising with how he used to be in life. It also wasn't the first time we heard he was 'on the grounds' so to speak.

Back in 2006 one of my girlfriend's grandmothers died. That night my girlfriend and I went to her mom's house to be with her and help get things ready for the funeral. Now, her grandmother had a cat named Pico. Anyway, we went to bed and at some point I woke up around four or five in the morning and laid there for awhile. I was wide awake and heard a voice very clearly say, "Pico" in my right ear. It sounded like it was just a few feet away but the tone of the voice was like a loud whisper. My girlfriend was asleep next to me on my left and I woke her up to tell her and it freaked her out. It took us awhile to finally go back to sleep. The only other person in the house was her mom and she was asleep on the other side of the house. I've tried to come up with explanations but can never think of anything else. There was nothing running that could have caused a noise that sounded like that.

Considering her grandmother and likely Pico too were on everyone's mind as of late, it's not weird for you to hear that in a half sleep, or for your girlfriend to say it in her sleep.

I've had dreams where I can hear elaborate music, conversations, see things in intricate details, then suddenly wake and still have those sensations echoing in my mind. It's not unusual, it's not weird. It's the nature of the human brain, sleep, thoughts, etc.

It's certainly an interesting experience when this kind of thing happens though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Every few months, I wake up to see a new scar inexplicably plastered over my hands, with no such memory of how it got there.

I am not religious at all and i consider myself and athiest/agnostic, however i had some American horror story shit happen to me. I still think they were playing a joke on me, but the evidence states to the contrary.

In college i shared a 3 level house with 4 other guys. I was on the top floor, 2 guys on the middle floor and, we will call him "Ed" on the bottom floor. Ed had a pretty bad drug and alcohol addiction but i never witnessed anything too crazy. My interactions with "Ed" were pretty minimal. He would just brush past me in the kitchen that we shared and clomp downstairs back to his room with a glass of water or something. He usually had his shirt off at night. Every one went away on break around Christmas time. I got back early. Thought i was the only one back. I came down to the kitchen in the darkness to get something and Ed brushed past me really fast and clomped downstairs. The next night the same thing happened. After he clomped downstairs i heard a whining/gurgling/heavy breathing sound which still haunts me. After that no more Ed. I assumed he left for the weekend or something. When one of the guys came back i told him about the sound Ed made and he just gave me a funny look and didn't say anthing. Then i see RIP BRO all over his facebook when i went to message him. He died a week earlier from OD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom