• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange, spooky, unexplainable shit that's happened to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day when I was in elementary school I was having fun on a slide during recess. When I realized that recess was wrapping up and that I had to rush back to class I slid down a bit quicker than usual. It was a nice trip but near the end I saw some sort of dark shape jump across the slide's surface. The shape looked like a small dark triangle and i'm guessing it was some sort of animal but I have no fucking clue.

I saw that I was gonna slide into it (whatever it fucking was) so I tried to stop myself. Of course, since I was going too fast so I couldn't really stop myself so I slid into the small dark triangle. As soon as my ass touched it I felt an extremely sharp pain on my asscheek as if I had gotten stabbed by a needle. I looked back at the slide trying to see what exactly had stung me but I saw nothing. I patted my ass just to make sure there was nothing stuck to me. When I made sure nothing was on me I looked around the slide for the dark triangle but I found nothing.

I ran inside with a limp because because of the pain my ass was feeling. It was an intense pain, but not painful enough for my young self to tell an adult about it. I walked into my class and sat at my seat at an awkward angle because I couldn't sit on the asscheek that got stung.

The pain eventually faded away and no mark or any other indicator of a bite, or sting was left on my ass.

It's been years and I still don't know what this could have been.

Media

While I was still living at my parents' house, I had my gaming PC set up in a room that has a door leading to the backyard. Anyways, I was chilling and I heard a noise from the door, prompting me to look over. There I saw the doorknob turning right to left and eventually the door opened all the fuck by itself. I didn't stick around to see if it was like a ghost or someone trying to murder me but I ran and told my parents. We went back and there was no one there but sure as shit the door was ajar. I've only recently started doing drugs so this is real.

Sorry to poop on your parade, but I used oujia boards for years when I was younger. They are processing of painted cardboard with a plastic plancette. No more spooky than a game of Monopoly. I tested them extensively, and had only one incident I couldnt explain away. I did this by asking questions that my friends would know the answer to vs questions only I knew. Again, out of hundreds of times, on the questions I only knew the answer to there was only one correct response. Take that as you will.

My Aunt was the youngest daughter of 3, she died from Cancer. The day before she passed she was on heavy painkillers, but had a strangely lucid hour in which she mentioned talking to her father(My Grandfather who died 10 years earlier), and mentioned an non-existent uncle. Spooked my Grandma and Mother.

When my Grandma passed away last year, she revealed her first child was not my oldest aunt, but a boy that died very young. Only my Grandma and Mother knew about it (supposedly).

Before every death in the Family, my Cousin or I have nightmares involving sleep paralysis/apnea. I think it coincidence or stress related, but the rest of my family are convinced otherwise.

I woke up one night to a tapping sound on the window that was right above my headboard. It sounded like a finger tapping it. It was late, maybe 3AM. I was a bit in shock actually waking up to something like that, so I sat there for 15-30 seconds wondering what the fuck was actually going on. Then I turned around, opened the curtains, and nothing... There are no branches anywhere near that window. I live on the same property as my family, brother, sister, and parents. I asked them the next day if for some reason they came over to my house in the middle of the night. No one had. My thoughts are that it couldn't been a raccoon or something, but I didn't hear anything else besides the tapping. If it was an animal, I would've heard them scurrying across my windowsill. It sounded like a human finger tapping on it, though.

Also, one night, I opened my eyes to see a creature at the foot of my bed. Had a similar face to the sugar plum fairy from Cabin in the Woods, so basically just a huge gaping mouth with sharp teeth, and it's body looked like a regenerator from Resident Evil 4. I sat up and said "Holy shit" out loud, and as soon as I closed my eyes to blink, it had disappeared. I sat there for a minute confused as hell. I laid back down and fell asleep pretty quickly though, so I guess I wasn't that scared... Somehow.

Blizzard

Banned
I am not religious at all and i consider myself and athiest/agnostic, however i had some American horror story shit happen to me. I still think they were playing a joke on me, but the evidence states to the contrary.

In college i shared a 3 level house with 4 other guys. I was on the top floor, 2 guys on the middle floor and, we will call him "Ed" on the bottom floor. Ed had a pretty bad drug and alcohol addiction but i never witnessed anything too crazy. My interactions with "Ed" were pretty minimal. He would just brush past me in the kitchen that we shared and clomp downstairs back to his room with a glass of water or something. He usually had his shirt off at night. Every one went away on break around Christmas time. I got back early. Thought i was the only one back. I came down to the kitchen in the darkness to get something and Ed brushed past me really fast and clomped downstairs. The next night the same thing happened. After he clomped downstairs i heard a whining/gurgling/heavy breathing sound which still haunts me. After that no more Ed. I assumed he left for the weekend or something. When one of the guys came back i told him about the sound Ed made and he just gave me a funny look and didn't say anthing. Then i see RIP BRO all over his facebook when i went to message him. He died a week earlier from OD.
Did you see him clearly in the darkness? That's a super freaky story.

Rival

Gold Member
When I was 14 I returned home one night to the house we had moved into only about a month before. It was a large two story brick house with wood floors. My parents both worked for the local schools and that night they had a teacher workshop that they had to attend leaving me alone. It was no big deal as we lived in a small town and nothing bad ever happened there. So I walk into the house through the side door into the kitchen and it was completely dark except for maybe the faint light of a street lamp glowing in through a window at the front of the house. I turned on the light in the kitchen and grabbed a drink out of the refrigerator and walked through the kitchentowards the front of the house to the stairs to go upstairs to watch tv. As I hit the first step I swear I heard a creaking noise from the wood floor on the other side of the wall which is where our dining room was. I kept walking up the stairs a bit freaked out but figured it was just my imagination or something. So I get upstairs turn the tv on and suddenly I hear several footsteps downstairs and the kitchen door open and slam shut . No idea who it was that was in my house or what they were doing but I wasn't right for months after.

I used to have a lot of paranormal experiences when I was a kid, and that has since spawned my immense curiosity for the paranormal today. Most of what I've experienced was auditory, but I've even had things happen like objects move and radios turn on by themselves. There was even a period of time where my alarm clock kept going off around 3am. Not every day, just occasionally, and when it would go off it would blast the radio at full volume and scare me awake.

It's been awhile, but these are my most memorable paranormal experiences:

By far the scariest thing I've had happen to me was when I heard a screetch/scream outside my door one night. When I was a young teen, I had a strict computer use time limit, which was never enough for me. So I'd set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night and use the computer, as stupid as that sounds. To avoid getting caught, I'd close the door and even keep the light off in the computer room. Well, one night I was doing just that. I had the door closed and the lights off, when all of a sudden I heard this noise that sounded like a mixture between a shriek and a scream. It's hard to describe, but it didn't sound human. Needless to say, I was really scared. I didn't want to open the door and check for anything because I was terrified, and I didn't want to go running to my parents because I didn't want them to find out I was sneaking onto the computer in the middle of the night. So I sat in that room, too scared to do anything, for a long time before I finally got the courage to open the door.

Another time I was once again sneaking onto the computer in the middle of the night when I heard a clicking noise coming from inside the room I was in. I continued to hear the clicks for quite awhile - probably like an hour or so. The weirdest part was that they moved around the room and were in a different location every time. They'd be in like.. open air space instead of sounding like they were, say, coming from the walls or the house structure or something like that. Thankfully, they never felt threatening, so while I was freaked out, I never felt super scared.

Eventually, as I got older, my friends all got super curious about the goings-on at my house, so I invited them all to a Halloween party/sleepover one year. My one friend had a step dad who was on a ghost hunting team, so she brought some ghost hunting equipment, like an audio recorder, along with her. Anyway, as it started getting late, we decide to do a little mini ghost hunt in my basement. Though it was fairly normal for me, when we started asking questions, we started hearing noises in response. Like the clicks, they were periodic and moved all across the basement. One noise above our heads was so loud that before I could blink, all the girls had leapt from their spots and crammed together on the couch for comfort. Needless to say, they were pretty freaked out. We even had all the noises recorded on tape. Everyone was too scared to sleep in their positions around the room, so we all decided to just squish together overnight. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, so I didn't hear anything else after that, but a lot of the girls told me they heard noises late into the night that kept waking them up.

That's some pretty crazy stuff anarchycupcake but I did have once experience related to smell when I was a teen (which also wasn't the first time in the family, but I'll get to that after this).

My grandfather, my mother's father, passed away in 1990 and it had been extremely difficult that year. I had loved him dearly and it was my first time dealing with death. It hit my mother hard too as she had been pregnant with my sister - which in a moment of clarity my grandpa actually called her out on it sometime prior to his death, stunning my mother as she hadn't told anyone yet.

Just after my sister was born and on one of the first few days we brought her home my mother would a few years later tell me that she had been awoken from her sleep from what sounded like a massive rush of wind and an intense smell of oranges that filled the room around my sister's cradle. When she told me that she had felt that it had been my grandfather stopping by to look at the granddaughter he wouldn't be able to meet.

Several years after I had been told, while in my mid teens there had been an issue with my uncle as he had been drinking. I love my uncle but he very much has a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde split when he drinks but in my experiences up to that point it had been odd to watch him in those few times as I had been kept away but this time it was bad in a way that I had been told that this is what it had been like before I was born.

My mother, my aunt and uncle confronted him at my grandmother's house and as there was no one to watch me or my sisters we came along but were forbidden to enter the house. It had been very intense as I had never heard it that bad and we could hear the loud arguments from outside in the backyard.

Unnerved and close to panicking I had wandered around the backyard and frontyard before getting into my grandmother's car which had been left unlocked. A moment after I had closed the door an intense smell of oranges had erupted inside the car and in shock I had immediately remembered what my mother had said about my sister when she had been a newborn and brought home. Realizing it was my grandfather I had immediately calmed and I had felt it was him telling me that things were going to be fine. A moment after I had calmed the smell had disappeared completely.

There was nothing in that car and my grandmother never used any air fresheners. I had looked afterwards just to confirm considering she was a smoker and the car always had a lingering smell of nicotine.

Another related smell story (but this one a group experience) in the family comes after my grandfather's (the same one mentioned above) elder brother's death in 1979. One of the things that had been told about my grand-uncle was that he was always someone with a strong bad odor.

From what my mother tells me that after the viewing his particular odor had not only came about in the chamber but it actually followed the family outside as they were leaving. My grandmother in a fit of frustration at the curb yelled out to my dead granduncle to leave as it was his time. After that the small faded.

Jmille99

I can only think of one. After my wife had went to bed one night, i stayed up and played some games. We had kept a music box on one of our bookcases in the living room we never touched.

A couple hours after she went to bed and im in the living room playing, this thing goes off by itself. Not a full rotation, maybe just 3-4 seconds really slowly as if it was finishing up the song.

My friend also told me one that happened to him the Xmas after his dad died. His dad would wake them up early at the same time every year. That Xmas, they received a call at that time. When they answered, nobody responded on the other end of the line. Freaked them out.

I usued to wake up with bruises and cuts all the time. I also used to flop and swing about in my sleep though so i assume theyre from me hitting something (a wall, bed frame, etc) in my sleep or me hitting / scratching myself.

Eventually, as I got older, my friends all got super curious about the goings-on at my house, so I invited them all to a Halloween party/sleepover one year. My one friend had a step dad who was on a ghost hunting team, so she brought some ghost hunting equipment, like an audio recorder, along with her. Anyway, as it started getting late, we decide to do a little mini ghost hunt in my basement. Though it was fairly normal for me, when we started asking questions, we started hearing noises in response. Like the clicks, they were periodic and moved all across the basement. One noise above our heads was so loud that before I could blink, all the girls had leapt from their spots and crammed together on the couch for comfort. Needless to say, they were pretty freaked out. We even had all the noises recorded on tape. Everyone was too scared to sleep in their positions around the room, so we all decided to just squish together overnight. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, so I didn't hear anything else after that, but a lot of the girls told me they heard noises late into the night that kept waking them up.

Still got em in an attic somewhere or something?

segasonic

Well, one night I was doing just that. I had the door closed and the lights off, when all of a sudden I heard this noise that sounded like a mixture between a shriek and a scream. It's hard to describe, but it didn't sound human. Needless to say, I was really scared. I didn't want to open the door and check for anything because I was terrified, and I didn't want to go running to my parents because I didn't want them to find out I was sneaking onto the computer in the middle of the night. So I sat in that room, too scared to do anything, for a long time before I finally got the courage to open the door.

Congratulations, you listened in on your parents having sex.

Congratulations, you listened in on your parents having sex.

Hah. Yeah, so about those tapes...

giphy.gif

Yike. All these stories from you guys are giving me the heebie-jeebies. I once had a creepy experience as a kid when my sister and I were sitting on her bed while talking. One side of her bed was against a wall but had enough space to slip your hand down the side of the mattress. So I was fiddling with the side of the mattress when I felt something grab onto my fingers. I quickly yanked my hand out, looked over to see what the hell it was, and saw what looked like a ghoulish hand trying to grasp onto the edge of the mattress against the wall. Oddly enough, my sister witness the hand as well while I tried to climb over her to get the hell off the bed. Terrified, we both jumped off the bed and ran out of the room while screaming for our parents. My dad inspected the room, checked under the bed. Nothing. My parents thought that we were lying about the whole episode, claiming that it must have been a bad dream, but my sister and I were completely awake and were having a conversation while we both witness that hand. My sister refused to sleep in her bedroom for weeks until she invited her best friend to sleepover one night.

I'm pretty skeptical, so help me explain this.

After school, I'd sometimes bike to my grandparents house in the country (it looks a lot like the Mudhouse Mansion from earlier in thread). Usually someone was there, but both cars were gone this day. I knock, go inside, help myself to some sweet tea & oatmeal cream pies, & head upstairs to play SNES (they kept it next to an attic door in the hall).

Time passes, storm clouds gather outside, & I become aware of a light knocking sound. The wind blowing a tree against a window? Probably. It's weirdly steady, every second--knock-knock-knock. Not too loud, but unnerving.

I ignore it. But it gets louder. The wind is louder too, so that'd make sense. To put my mind at ease, I get up & check all the upstairs windows. My aunt's creepy old room? Nothing apparent. Dad's old room? There IS a flailing tree within reach of the window. But the sound--getting increasingly intense--was coming from somewhere else. It was loudest back in the hall. It occurs to me that it is likely coming from the attic.

It sunk in then how I was alone, miles from town, with a storm imminent. I thought about just leaving. I decide to be brave. I walk back. I open the attic door.

The sound stops. The wind outside doesn't. I just see stairs leading up into darkness. I'm scared. I say, "...Grandpa?"

BANG-BANG-BANG-

WAY louder, like the sound of a basketball hitting sheet metal at 60mph. Every second. I slam the door & fly out of the house within seconds. I grab my bike, get to the road, & turn around. There was the house, nothing amiss, but that sound--BANG-BANG-BANG---clearly still there. I booked it back into town. I left a message on their answering machine to explain why their attic door was open. Never got an explanation from them about what it could've been.

v1lla21

So last night before I went to sleep I had to take a fat shit. I make my way to the bathroom amd go about my business. Man did it feel like if I hadn't shit in days with Shits so big I could feel myself losing weight. After everything was out and and I wiped, I got up to flush and I looked into the toilet bowl to look at my masterpiece. Nothing but paper.
2spooky4me.

Chinbo37

My mom died in 2008 of cancer. She had a small walk in closet with one of those wooden sliding doors with no lock. She knew she was dying and she told us (me and my 2 sisters) That she didn't want any of her relatives getting into her closet with her jewlry and stuff cause she wanted my sisters to have it. It want like a bunch of expensive stuff but some gold necklaces and a couple diamond rings.

After she died we had a big party at our house after the funeral. It was a great party even our priest was there and tons of people I didn't see for a long time. We were drinking and looking at old photo albums seriously it sounds strange but it was a great party.

Anyways we had closed her closet door and were making sure no one was going back there but I don't recall anyone was trying to get there or anything. Anyways at some point we wanted to get something from there I don't remember what it was but me and my sisters went back there and the door wouldn't open. At first I thought maybe it had fallen off it's rails or the rails broke but the railing went into the wall and it didn't seem like it had fallen. It just wouldn't open. It was a bit strange but I just figured I would look at it later.

The party ended and everyone went home and I went back there and the door opened fine and seemed to be working perfectly. No explanation.

Also just after that my sisters were eating at this Japanese restaurant they would go to with my mom. (I wasn't there). One of my sisters loves miso soup but the other doesn't like it and would always give her portion to my sister who did like it.

When they brought the soups and placed them in front of each sister one of the bowls just slid across the table from the one sister who didn't like miso soup to the one who did. It was a glass table so maybe it was wet or something but that freaked out my sisters.

One other thing that isn't really scary but about 2 years after she died I had gone back to school to get a masters and I was doing it in Europe (I am american). I was doing tons of extra work trying to make the best of the 1 year program like any sort of projects professors needed help on and I was coaching/participating in two mock trial teams. I had something extra scheduled 7 days a week and at some point i was super exhausted. I had tons of stuff to do one night but I was so tired I took a late nap and planned on getting up to work more in the night. While I was sleeping I had such a vivid dream that my mom was talking to me she was saying Nicky (it's what she called me) and she was telling me stuff and holding me. It was so real. I woke up and I could still hear her voice so well and I just completely broke down and was bawling. I'm crying now typing this :( .

Meesh

Sorry to poop on your parade, but I used oujia boards for years when I was younger. They are processing of painted cardboard with a plastic plancette. No more spooky than a game of Monopoly. I tested them extensively, and had only one incident I couldnt explain away. I did this by asking questions that my friends would know the answer to vs questions only I knew. Again, out of hundreds of times, on the questions I only knew the answer to there was only one correct response. Take that as you will.
That's basically true.... to a point...
But I'll add that while In high school my sister said she could draw one up that would work. I scoffed, didn't believe her. So she scribbled it out pen and paper style. That night my 2 step brothers, sister and myself were sitting around the "board" in the dark with a few candles lit. We asked questions but never really got answers... nothing that felt "intelligent" lol. But then the marker slid off the table. I'd say fly but that wasn't quite it. We were all just quickly pulled clean off...
Naturally we were scared shitless. But that experience isn't what ended up getting to me.

After our experiment I had several, very real, very visceral apocalyptic dreams. One of which I was talking to the devil... it was unsettling. It got to the point where I was afraid to sleep.

It didn't end there. The room we did this in was my room. And it became unusually cold... there were times I could feel hands on me, fingers creeping up my body. Then whispers....

I still believe I was being haunted in my room because of the whole thing. I'm not making any of this up... but the experience has opened my eyes.

LudicrouslyLiam

Neo Member
When I was about 12, I was alone in the house with my dog, playing games on my PC. Suddenly I hear this sound that is really hard to describe. It was a slow murmuring sound, almost like a person trying to imitate a goat. It happened maybe every 15-20 seconds and it was rising in volume everytime. About the 4th time it happened my dog noticed it too. This was about the point where I'd exhausted any reasonable explanation for what it could be and I was in a fight or flee mindset, looking for something in the room to attack it with or defend myself.

Even so everytime it stopped I was thinking, I must have imagined it; it sounded so real and yet there's no way there's anything there. And then it came back even louder and elongated as if to answer my thoughts and my heart was just lurching in my chest in horror. It sounded like it was just outside the living room door. At it's most intense, it stopped again and my parents came through the door not long after.

I know whatever was making that sound was human. Sometimes I think to myself what I would have seen had I opened the door and checked. Literally the only thing that's happened in my life that I can't explain and it scares the hell out of me.

CHC

Just today I actually had something REALLY weird happen to me. It's not going to sound weird and it took me a second to realize how fucking bizarre it was, but it is.

I go to the supermarket.

I pick up a new shopping basket, which has a crumpled piece of paper in it.

I take out the piece of paper, very deliberately place it into another basket below (yeah it wasn't that considerate, can't be perfect all the time, no trash nearby).

I start shopping with my empty basket.

Place my first item in the basket.... and the fucking piece of paper is in there again!

It wouldn't be so weird if I didn't have an absolutely and perfectly clear memory of placing the paper in the other basket. I know I did it, 100%.

It really fucked with me for a while, man.

Chaplain

Not to me, but its happening to some people who are close to dying.

At the end of her life, my mother started seeing ghosts, and it freaked me out (7/22/17)

”Rebecca Valla, a psychiatrist in Winston-Salem, N.C., who specializes in treating terminally ill patients...”Those who are dying and seem to be in and out of this world and the ‘next' one often find their deceased loved ones present, and they communicate with them. In many cases, the predeceased loved ones seem [to the dying person] to be aiding them in their ‘transition' to the next world...In a moving 2015 TED talk, Christopher Kerr, the chief medical officer at the Center for Hospice and Palliative Care in Buffalo, showed a clip of one his terminally ill patients discussing her deathbed visions, which included her saying, ”My mom and dad, my uncle, everybody I knew that was dead was there [by my side]. I remember seeing every piece of their face." She was lucid and present." (Washington Post)

shandy706

If this had only happened to me alone, I'd probably had rethought if it was real over the years.

Back in 2005 my friend Daniel and I were headed back to my house after going to a movie. As we were coming down a hill (that leads into a curve) we saw 2 bright red lights moving through the woods ahead to our right. Maybe about 150 yards ahead of us.

I thought nothing of it...probably brake lights of a car backing out of a driveway. About halfway down the hill to it the 2 red lights came out into the road, I started to slow down. At that moment both red "lights" shot from a solid 75 yards from us straight at our truck and then split up and to the right over us.

No impact with anything, and what I saw was two massive....like softball to watermelon size...red "orbs". I nearly pissed myself and just sort of drove for about 30 seconds in dead silence.

I then said "Dan, did you see that or am I crazy." Dan said "No man...I didn't want to say anthing. What the f*ck was that?!."

The "orbs" were clear as day. This was a very rural area and things like drones didn't exist.

It's the freakiest thing I've ever seen and to this day we both talk about it at random and we still have no clue what we saw. Watching something cover that much ground that fast, and purposefully avoid you is shocking. Still get chills.

Gravidee

I woke up one night to a tapping sound on the window that was right above my headboard. It sounded like a finger tapping it. It was late, maybe 3AM. I was a bit in shock actually waking up to something like that, so I sat there for 15-30 seconds wondering what the fuck was actually going on. Then I turned around, opened the curtains, and nothing... There are no branches anywhere near that window. I live on the same property as my family, brother, sister, and parents. I asked them the next day if for some reason they came over to my house in the middle of the night. No one had. My thoughts are that it couldn't been a raccoon or something, but I didn't hear anything else besides the tapping. If it was an animal, I would've heard them scurrying across my windowsill. It sounded like a human finger tapping on it, though.

It was most likely a flying bug of sorts. Occasionally, I hear loud tapping noises on the outside of my window, like finger tapping. But it turns out to be things like wasps, mosquitoes or dragonflies impacting against the window. This sometimes occurs both in the day and at night.

Daffy Duck

I know it's all my head and I probably didn't shut the door properly but the following creeped me the hell out after listening to The Black Tapes podcast....

The other night I was downstairs and closed the back curtains and I swear as I walked passed I shut the kitchen door, anyway cut to an hour or so later I had fallen asleep on the sofa, so when I wake up I get my drink which is on the table behind me and I see the kitchen door wide open, there's never been a breeze to open that door as all windows are shut and it's a sturdy door, then I head to bed, and when I get into bed I turn over and can see out of the bedroom door, and I see a red glow through the door and it only manages to further creep me out even more, then I remember the battery charger was on so that was the cause of the red glow.

Then through the night I had a disturbed nights sleep all night, and every time I saw through the gap in the door I swear there was a light that kept getting brighter and darker, but there was no lights on out in the hallway.

I asked my girlfriend in the morning if she came down and went in the kitchen whilst I was asleep, but she didn't and neither of my sons would go downstairs as we have a cup for them in the bathroom if they need a drink.

Spooked me as earlier in the day I was joking around about zozo being in the wooden spoon in my hand lol.

gfxtwin

I've had dreams that ended up being very detailed and accurate predictions of stuff that happened to me many years later in life

ERotIC

Banned
Well I'll preface this by saying that I don't believe in ghosts or goblins or gobbleygook, but I enjoy stories of that ilk and I have a few interesting stories that I've experienced directly and indirectly with people in my life.

These stories all surround Stepp cemetery, which is a very famous supposedly haunted cemetery in central Indiana. It's located in the middle of Hoosier national forest and is very isolated, old, and run down. You have to park on a little clearing at the edge of the woods and walk about a half mile into the woods to access the cemetery.

The general stories about the place typically center around a dead mother and child. The child has a gravestone where people will come and leave small toys and trinkets in order to satiate the ghost of its mother. The grave itself isn't haunted, but there is a stump nearby the grave where people claim to have seen the mother sit and watch over the grave. Some say she will even venture out to the clearing where people are idly parked and peer angrily in through the windows at them. The stories vary, but general consensus is that the stump is the source for the spiritual activity. You can Google image the grave and stump, they're pretty famous paranormal icons.

Anyway, here's a list of stories regarding the cemetery.

1.) Back in 2010 I had a girlfriend who lived in an old house way out int he middle of nowhere who claims her house was haunted. She says that there is a man in a top hat who will roam the acres outside of the house and stand in the yard. Some of her friends have claimed to see him as well. Also, one night she says she heard a crash in the kitchen, and when she went in she saw an enraged girl throwing dishes around. When she turned on the light, the girl was gone. Her story regarding the cemetery isn't too interesting, but she says when she was extremely young (4 or 5) her family went out to check it out. She says, not knowing any of the stories, that the area with the grave filled her with such utter dread and fear that she could not come anywhere near it. It was only later that she heard about the stories. So naturally I talked her and a friend into going out there late one night, because I'd never been and was curious. We only got a little ways into the woods before they got freaked and decided to head back, so unfortunately I still hadn't been into the cemetery at this point.

2.) Fast forward about three years and I'm with another girl. I mentioned the cemetery to her once and asked if she knew it, so she told me this story.

Just to preference, she had a lot of... wild stories, and I think she had a tendency to make things up. She also believed in a lot of mystical/spiritual stuff that I would nod along and pretend to care about. Anyway, she claimed that many years before, she had a guy friend who was also into a lot of mystical/spiritual stuff whom she messed around with one time, but he was friendzoned after, despite being achingly in love with her. From what she's told me about him, the guy sounded like a creep, but anyway. One night her and some friends went to Stepp to check out. Now, in the clearing of the cemetery by the stump and grave there is a large tree, and she says that, as her friends were inspecting the grave, she happened to look up and see a figure in the tree. Not a person, but a full fledged demon. The feelings that she sensed coming from it were similar to the first girl, feelings of dread and utter hate being channeled at her, and she says that she had to convince her friends to leave because their lives were in danger.

A while later she was hanging out with the creepy friend again, and he supposedly confessed that, because she hadn't reciprocated his romantic feelings, he had "summoned" a demon that would latch itself to her and make its presence known when she was under duress or near a spot of negative energy. Suffice to say, she finally broke off the friendship with the guy.

3.) After hearing that story, I began to get interested in checking the place out again. So one night, the girlfriend, me invited my mom and sister (who are into ghost stuff) along to the cemetery. We got there about sunset with some flashlights and ventured in.

At first, I was a little disappointed. Being such a popular place, there were lots of people there checking the place out, so we mingled and talked to people. The girlfriend quietly pointed out to me the tree where she said that she'd seen a demon. I snapped some photos of it on my phone (I don't still have the photos, but there wasn't anything unusual, just a creepy ass tree).

As the night went on, people began to leave, with a few people hanging out. Suddenly there was a noise in the woods just out of the clearing. Everyone there heard it. It sounded like a half growl/yell, and to me, it sounded very much human. I assumed it was some creep trying to fuck with us, so I ran into the forest to try to find out who it was (my girlfriend followed me). We went a little ways into the woods, but we didn't see anyone. I did see something odd, two little red prinpicks of light out in the woods that looked like they could be glowing red eyes. Anyway, we decided to just keep walking through the woods. For hours we just let ourselves get lost out there, in the near pitchblack (we had left our flashlights with the others). Finally we stumble back out into the clearing where we'd parked and decided to head back to the apartment we were sharing.

Along the way, we were chatting about it, and I began:

"Hey, did you happen to see-"
"-The red eyes?"
"Yeah."
"Yeah, I saw them."

So that was the end of that for a while, but our relationship started going severely downhill (it wasn't great to start with). At some point, we were lying in bed and she told me that she sensed the demon had followed them and was with us in the room. She was calm about it, but assured. She said that some nights she would see the red eyes behind me or in the dark corner of the room. I never really took her seriously, but the thought of it creeped me out the whole time I kept that apartment. We ended up splitting up, though, and I haven't encountered anything weird since, save for a couple bouts of sleep paralysis, but that's another story.

Not to me, but its happening to some people who are close to dying.

At the end of her life, my mother started seeing ghosts, and it freaked me out (7/22/17)

“Rebecca Valla, a psychiatrist in Winston-Salem, N.C., who specializes in treating terminally ill patients...“Those who are dying and seem to be in and out of this world and the ‘next’ one often find their deceased loved ones present, and they communicate with them. In many cases, the predeceased loved ones seem [to the dying person] to be aiding them in their ‘transition’ to the next world...In a moving 2015 TED talk, Christopher Kerr, the chief medical officer at the Center for Hospice and Palliative Care in Buffalo, showed a clip of one his terminally ill patients discussing her deathbed visions, which included her saying, “My mom and dad, my uncle, everybody I knew that was dead was there [by my side]. I remember seeing every piece of their face.” She was lucid and present.” (Washington Post)

Said to myself before I clicked the TED link, 100 bucks this is a TEDx talk.

JoeNut

i had a bit of a spooky one where i was alone at my parents house and books kept falling off the shelf in the hall downstairs, one at a time, over the space of about 20 minutes 3-4 books fell but individually, like a few minutes apart.

It freaked me out and i opened the door and shouted "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" which must've been hilarious if you were watching.

i don't really have an explanation, gravity and shit i guess.

I'm super sceptical and literally none of these stories make me think anything other than "kids imagination/sleepwalking/drugs/booze/dream/tiredness/prank" is to blame

Preezy

Now, in the clearing of the cemetery by the stump and grave there is a large tree, and she says that, as her friends were inspecting the grave, she happened to look up and see a figure in the tree. Not a person, but a full fledged demon.
VvdePB8.gif

NewGame

Banned
I work the graveyard shift (midnight to eight) in a old ass hotel

The stories I could tell you

Receptionist

2am

Woman comes in with no clothes, demands to speak with the manager, security is taking too long to arrive but she starts speaking in a language other than English and it was nothing I could recognize. I get a towel normally kept for guests coming in from the spa and ask her to put it on but instead she gets out her lighter and sets it on fire, whirling it around.

I want to think it was just some crazy drug.

Wensih

I found an old Time magazine (2014) in a cabinet yesterday while packing to move. The cover story was about how America and the West is losing to Putin and about our engagement (or lack of engagement) in a second Cold War. Thought it was eerily prescient of our current affairs 3 years later, but I guess that's hindsight.

takriel

Yike. All these stories from you guys are giving me the heebie-jeebies. I once had a creepy experience as a kid when my sister and I were sitting on her bed while talking. One side of her bed was against a wall but had enough space to slip your hand down the side of the mattress. So I was fiddling with the side of the mattress when I felt something grab onto my fingers. I quickly yanked my hand out, looked over to see what the hell it was, and saw what looked like a ghoulish hand trying to grasp onto the edge of the mattress against the wall. Oddly enough, my sister witness the hand as well while I tried to climb over her to get the hell off the bed. Terrified, we both jumped off the bed and ran out of the room while screaming for our parents. My dad inspected the room, checked under the bed. Nothing. My parents thought that we were lying about the whole episode, claiming that it must have been a bad dream, but my sister and I were completely awake and were having a conversation while we both witness that hand. My sister refused to sleep in her bedroom for weeks until she invited her best friend to sleepover one night.

I would never again sleep in that bed and room. Period. Holy shit if that had happened to me as a kid.

doby

When I was younger me and my family were having a family meal downstairs when there was a bang upstairs (like something had fallen over) followed by 4 or 5 footsteps.

We were all present at the dinner table, everyone just looked at each other with horror. We soon went to investigate to find nothing at all, nothing seemed out of place. Very bizarre.

The house is detached in a fairly large garden with no easy access to the first floor from the outside. It'll remain a mystery I guess.

I got one for you kids;

Couple of buddies and I were chatting outside of a friend’s house a few years ago, when we all of a sudden heard a close-proximity-gut-wrenching-yell (hovering right next to us for a few seconds) that sounded like someone was being sucked into a manhole (or vortex) at a fantastic speed. The only way I can describe it is as if you recorded someone falling down a narrow well and you can hear them yelling as they fall deeper into it, but sped up much faster. It freaked us out since it happened in the middle of the day, in the suburbs, with no one else around.

And one more:

As a child I went to visit my grandparents in Mexico fairly often. My grandparents owned a farm house that sat in the middle of what seemed like thousands of grapefruit trees. Anyway, this farm house had lots of unoccupied rooms since my Grandma and Grandpa lived there alone as all their children had grown up and moved on. I was temporarily given an empty room where the only furniture in the space was a bed whose headboard faced away from the windows. Later that night as I was sleeping, I was woken up by what felt like warm heat coming from my tummy. I looked down (sleeping on my back) and there was a small black cat sleeping on top of me. As soon as I looked at it, the cat woke up, looked me in the eyes and then looked behind me towards the window. I looked back at the curtain less window and saw the shadow of a person moving sideways from the outside. Although it was dark out, there was enough moonlight for me to have noticed this shadowy figure move to the side after noticing me glance at it. I freaked out and couldn’t move or sleep that whole night. Didn’t tell a single soul and years and years later I found out that my aunt was killed by her husband in another room down the hall prior to us visiting.

PSqueak

Banned
My earliest memory (as in, any memory not just of spooky stuff) is from when i was a baby every night as i was put on my crib there would be this intense feeling on the room that i could only describe as "the environment distorting" that would follow by a sense of ease/peace and a mysterious female figure would appear to watch over me, this figure was neither my mother nor anybody that could have been at the time.

One time i offhandedly mentioned this on a family reunion and one of my aunts got all serious and she 100% believed i was being visited by the ghost of my grandmother (her mother) on a nightly basis.

This is spooky but not unexplainable. When my mom was a kid her house was situated on the edge of a forest. One night her and her sister heard singing/chanting coming from the woods and they could see a fire out there. My grandpa went out there the next morning and there was a small animal nailed to the ground and cut open. I guess one of their neighbors had a horse get killed and mutilated once too. The 70's sounded pretty wild.

They had weird paranormal stuff happen in that house too according to my mom and grandma. I guess the house itself always just felt "off" and lot's of weird things would happen. I know once they moved nothing similar ever occurred. This was somewhere in the Seattle area or nearby.

Two summers ago I was home alone with our German Shepherd. I think my wife was working late; it was probably close to 10pm. Like a dipshit I forgot to feed the dog earlier so I went downstairs to do that and turned on the lights in the kitchen. It was pretty dark in the rest of the house and I didn't see her along the way. That was kind of strange because this animal typically stays right next to me or right outside the room I'm in, especially when my wife's not home. It was summer though and she gets hot easily so she'll often park herself in front of an open window or on a vent. Anyway, I started prepping her food because she usually shows up when she hears the clang of her bowl. Still no dog.

So I call her and nothing. I eventually started hunting around again and found her in the corner of our dining room which is kind of a new spot for her. She didn't usually chill there but she's kind of a strange dog anyway so I didn't think much of it. I call her over and she sheepishly gets up but looks a little freaked. Again, she's kind of a weirdo so I knew something was a bit off but didn't really put a lot of stock in it.

A few minutes later I had her food ready and she always has to sit and give eye contact before she's allowed to take it. She did it but was sort of glancing around and wouldn't give me the prolonged eye contact she normally does. So I let her take it and started walking back towards the center of the kitchen to the sink when I heard a grumble. I turned and she was facing me with her back arched, snarling. Full lips curled back showing her teeth like this...

biting-dog1.jpg

...if there was any shit in me at that moment it would've evacuated my body. I had never seen her like that before. It wasn't so much the visual but the fact that it was so out of character for her. So instinctively I moved to my left towards the knife block to grab one in case I had to defend myself. But that's when i realized she wasn't looking at me. Whatever she was snarling at was behind me. I looked over and can barely make out a figure in the dark. Around my height but too dark to see features. I turned and grabbed a knife but when i whip back around the figure was gone.

I called the dog over and she came. She seemed to mostly be back to herself albeit a little skittish. We patrolled the whole house together with a knife. I didn't find anything, and didn't think I would since she was pretty calm the entire time we looked. For all I know that "figure" was my shadow. Not likely since there wasn't really any light coming from behind me but it looked real enough, and the dog's reaction was what really convinced me it was something else. I'm not really sure how to explain it.

Anyway, my wife came home to find every light in the house on and me and the dog on the couch watching tv with a knife on the coffee table. Nothing like it has happened since.

The Pope

The night my grandpa died( in the same house) the lights turned on and off. They were OFF then they turned on and then off again in the early hours of the morning. The switch was in plain view and no one was in the room. It wasn't a flicker (the switch had to have gone up by itself). Nothing like that has ever happened since.

Must have been a surge or maybe the switch wasn't down properly(very unusual).

Not me but true.
My mom was grabbed and strangled whilst lying down on her bed in South Africa. Zulu folklore talks about the midget strangler (tokolosh). My mom fought this "thing" off. My mom was not under the influence of anything and never is. She thought it might be some nerve spasms or something. However that night they invited the neighbors in the flat nearby for the first time round for dinner. Without my mom saying anything this lady from a few flats down said she had had a paranatural experience. Something had grabbed her by the neck whilst she was lying down that same afternoon.

Luschient

I was 15 or 16 and my parents, brother, and I were visiting my grandparents during the summer. They lived on 200 acres in the middle of nowhere west Texas.

We used to go on "hikes" all around their property and one afternoon I was bored and went out walking by myself. I had walked probably about a quarter mile away from the house on this dirt path and it did a U-shape around this bunch of trees and brush. As I was walking by this, I heard someone/something call out my name. Clear as day, regular speaking volume.

Of course, this scared the shit out of me and I turned and ran as fast as I could back to the house. When I got there, I thought somebody (dad or someone) followed me out there and was fucking with me. But when I got back in the house, everyone else was either watching TV or playing a game. Nobody could have outran me and then acted "normal" (and not out of breath or sweating from running).

I have no clue what could have called my name. And there's no way it was "the wind" or anything like that since it said it perfectly clear. I always wonder what would've happened if I hadn't run away from it.

My wife thinks it could've been like a guardian angel or something and that there was something dangerous on that path I was walking (they had lots of bulls out there, rattlesnakes) so "it" called out knowing I'd freak out and go the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom