• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Might have to buy one to resell when they are impossible to get. Have no interest in owning one. Even if I had nostalgia for Nintendo. even for platforms I have deep nostalgia for (for me it's the Amiga) I wouldn't be interested in a retro box for to add to my junk pile.

Gazunta

YOSHI'S MOTHERFUCKING ISLAND OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

And I get to buy Street Fighter 2 Turbo again!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS

Edit: I swore a blood oath to never give EB Games a single cent again for as long as I live, where else does pre-orders?

Shaneus

What the fuck? Starfox 2?!?

I think I need one, but given how much I use my classic NES mini, it'd be a waste of money.

Any word on production numbers?

Grassy

I raise you the better version:

DDQmxi4XcAAopva.0.jpg

F5 F5 F5 on ebgames

I'm guessing $130-$150 AUD?

I wonder if they'll be moddable this time around...

I just wish the SNES thingy had Super Tennis. Still getting it.

Fuck yeah, I loved that game. I still have it in my 30-odd collection of SNES games.

Got in at EB, got a preoder receipt, done. Happy days. Best of luck guys n gals. Can't wait to surprise the kids, had a huge blast for months with son and daughter and the mini NES. SFII Turbo Hyper Fighting is making me want to cry tears of joy this morning.

Side note, took my son to timezone last week and played SFIV, he was busting out combos and specials right away. I might have my work cut out for me on the SNES mini at home.

Shaneus

You can cancel preorders with EB up to a few days before release, yeah?

Edit: Fuck it, I'm sure someone will provide a clean dump of that Starfox 2 title, that's all I need. Given how much I play my NES Classic, this would be a waste.

ramyeon

I have a Raspberry Pi, and I didn't have to fight scalpers or limited stock.
Fuck the NES and SNES mini.
I mean that's cool and all, but I could play ROMs on my computer anyway. The physical unit and controllers is a big selling point of these.

Fredescu

Honestly if I was 5 I'd be questioning the need for any other game to exist in a post-Minecraft world. Why are people even bothering to make more games when the pinnacle has been reached?

jambo

Honestly if I was 5 I'd be questioning the need for any other game to exist in a post-Minecraft world. Why are people even bothering to make more games when the pinnacle has been reached?

Yeah, but can you shoot a BFG through the mouth of a Spider Mastermind in Minecraft?

legend166

I mean, "piracy is better anyway" is something you can say for a lot of things.

Netflix? Why do that when I can set up my own media server and just constantly download any movie I want?

Anyway, the SNES Classic makes me annoyed because it probably means that the Virtual Console is going to be delayed even more.

"This is lame, why can't I touch the screen? The graphics suck"

Or whatever terminology a 4 year old would use, I'm not hip with the preschool slang of the youth today
Depends, my son plays the hell out of Atari 2600 games on our Pi rather than the SNES/N64/PSX games. I don't think young kids care too much about graphics, the simple direct nature seems to draw them in really well.

I'm guessing $130-$150 AUD?

I wonder if they'll be moddable this time around....
NES Mini was $99 and this has an extra controller so $120 I expect.

Yep, no interest in the SNES Mini now which is nice. Getting all the Neo Geo games setup now which run way better than I expected on the Pi.

All we need now is a Netflix app I can boot from RetroArch rather than jump out into Linux and go in the back door. Kodi running off a Plex media server is godly, runs and loads way better than Plex.

Gazunta

I wasted a couple of weeks (and a day off work even!) trying to get emulators set up nicely on the PSTV and it was a total shitshow (Sorry Shaneus, I know you tried!) so I'm happy dropping some coin on something that will actually work right. I just want to play Yoshi's Island!

Shaneus

I wasted a couple of weeks (and a day off work even!) trying to get emulators set up nicely on the PSTV and it was a total shitshow (Sorry Shaneus, I know you tried!) so I'm happy dropping some coin on something that will actually work right. I just want to play Yoshi's Island!
:'(

hirokazu

But would you be playing all those games legally and with proper Nintendo hardware?

I said "Meh, I'll wait for the price to drop." on the NES Mini and ended up scrambling to buy one afterwards. Never again!

Rizzi

But would you be playing all those games legally and with proper Nintendo hardware?

I said "Meh, I'll wait for the price to drop." on the NES Mini and ended up scrambling to buy one afterwards. Never again!

No but I have a better, cheaper option that I can do more with for cheaper and without stock shortages. So I feel pretty good about that.

jambo

Pre-order confirmed, whew. They're up on Jbhifi if anyone wants to use them, although I think they take the whole amount straight-away - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-con...s-super-nintendo-entertainment-system/453353/

Looks like credit cards aren't charged until later, but PayPal and secure checkouts are.

Payment information: Credit Card: we will take a $1.00 card pre-authorisation but full payment will not be taken from your card until the item is dispatched to you. If the price drops before release date you will be charged the lower price.

Paypal, Gift Card, Visa Checkout and Masterpass: payment will be taken in full as soon as your order is confirmed. If the price drops before official release date, we will refund you the difference once your order has shipped. Please allow 2-5 days for your refund to be processed.

ramyeon

Front page of SMH online today.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/ga...-lineup-of-classic-games-20170626-gwz3oo.html

The company has confirmed to Fairfax that the versions of the games included with the mini SNES are the US versions, which means a couple of them will have different names than you may remember. More importantly, this means they'll run at a full 60Hz versus the 50Hz that Australian gamers experienced back in the day.

Didn't know this was confirmed until I read that article.

Rezbit

Worth it just to use those GOAT controllers again.

Nice lineup, but even missing a fair few which shows how awesome the SNES was. Be nice to finally play full speed Super Metroid on TV too, pretty sure all the previous VC releases were 50hz.

Jake.

i went into my local suburban EB games today to preorder the SNES classic + AC adaptor (the last thing i preordered was MGS2 on the PS2). the dude in front of me was preordering, as was the dude behind me. there was a poster saying 'strictly 1 console per customer' but i dunno how strict they are. can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom