• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

I found this out when my brilliant username "how much can can a stuntcan can if a stuntcan can can can" wouldn't work. I was sad.

Anyway server works for me.

I put in a ticket, as the fix for this is in an .ini file that I don't have access to. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. But other than that our server does work.

Seems like there are a handful of people who can't log into the mumble. Should I just remove the PW? We'll have few people who will be admins who can kick pretty much on at all times. So there's that.

I've had quite a few shoot outs today. Got a DMR and it's boss. Shot some poor girl at the NW airstrip. She wasn't too pissed.

Keeping close watch on my looting partner. Zombies closing in.
arma2oa2012-06-1522-35-35-27.jpg

I cannot wait for the patch that fixes zombies seeing you through walls and then proceeding to go right through the walls. Cannot tell you how many bad experiences I have had with this now.

S0N0S

I cannot wait for the patch that fixes zombies seeing you through walls and then proceeding to go right through the walls. Cannot tell you how many bad experiences I have had with this now.

That and the spawning without weapon change. So very excited for the next patch.

MUMBLE is now Chicago based. Password was removed as well. Quote for new connection info.

edit: if any on here that want a channel set up for just themselves and there buds, PM me and I can do that for ya. No need for us to be forced to be in the same channel(s). We aren't ALL friends now are we?

BadTaste

Found a red car in Stary Sober with a friend, we needed 3 wheels so we headed to Novy Sober to try our luck at finding them and then we spotted a flawless bus, drove around for 30 minutes in it and forgot about the red car.. fun times.

Found a red car in Stary Sober with a friend, we needed 3 wheels so we headed to Novy Sober to try our luck at finding them and then we spotted a flawless bus, drove around for 30 minutes in it and forgot about the red car.. fun times.
I saw a guy guarding a red car in Stary Sober today. Killed him and took his DMR. His buddy came back with a vengeance. He blew up my friend in their precious red car and nearly killed me.

docbon

Spent a bit of time in DayZ, then switched over to insurgency 1.5 tonight. With a well populated server, it is an unbelievably fun game.

sankao

Just got the game through steam, but I can't seem to login to any server, I can get the chat window, but get bounced back to the server list every time. Anyone had the same issue ?

[edit] Turns out my battle eye install was somehow broken (didn't get any message about it though), re-installed it in steam through the option you get when you launch operation arrowhead, and the game works just fine on 1.7 servers. 1.6 will make me spawn locked and with no sound. [/edit]

Kritz

Banned
I'm yet to know anything about that thar "insurgency" thing (anything like the game-mode in Project Reality?), but I saw some videos of Dark Business, which looks amazing. God damn, wonder if any Australians play it. (lol, probably not)

Vesper73

Having a blast with DayZ! (On GAF server)

I've met some jerks, but also met some pretty cool people on there.

Rollin around as 'Vesper'. <- of course

"FRIENDLY!" :)

ultrazilla

Bailing on DayZ until the new updates roll out. The griefing is totally out of hand. Nobody works together anymore since the bandit skins were taken out. It's basically a giant sandbox deathmatch with zombies being the *least* of your worries which totally defeats the purpose of the mod imo.

Just saw this chat in a game:

Random guy: "Hey I told you I was friendly, why did you kill me?"

Random guy 2: "Because you had better equipment then me and no bandit skins make it so satisfying"

Yeah, that sucks.

At least with bandit skins, you lived by your deeds and died by them. Now you can be a bandit til your heart is content and not really have any negative on you as a player.

Sigh.

Blizzard

Banned
Bailing on DayZ until the new updates roll out. The griefing is totally out of hand. Nobody works together anymore since the bandit skins were taken out. It's basically a giant sandbox deathmatch with zombies being the *least* of your worries which totally defeats the purpose of the mod imo.

Just saw this chat in a game:

Random guy: "Hey I told you I was friendly, why did you kill me?"

Random guy 2: "Because you had better equipment then me and no bandit skins make it so satisfying"

Yeah, that sucks.

At least with bandit skins, you lived by your deeds and died by them. Now you can be a bandit til your heart is content and not really have any negative on you as a player.

Sigh.
I'm curious to see how it will work out when bandits can camp coastal spawn areas with weapons, and newly spawning survivors will have literally no weapon at all. I suspect it will be like shooting unarmed fish in a barrel, but I suppose some bandits might wish to conserve ammo and not do it.

Top Bottom