• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

WedgeX

Banned
Spent a bit of time in DayZ, then switched over to insurgency 1.5 tonight. With a well populated server, it is an unbelievably fun game.

Insurgency is great! The insurgent spawn/clearing makes me wish something like it was implemented on a limited scale for dayZ.

WedgeX

Banned
What is this Insurgency everyone keeps talking about??

Its an ARMA 2 mission that we started playing when the central server went down. Its a squad-based mission where up to 5 (??) squads fight against player/AI controlled insurgents in order to clear and control towns.

Basically its gaf v. gibs

Quote for Mumble Info. When you do join you must pick a channel to start talking, if you sit in the root lobby no one is able to hear you speak.

Added BlueFor/OpFor channels incase people still wanna use the DayZ channels for well, DayZ and others would like to use the Mumble for Insurgency.

Irish

Having a blast with DayZ! (On GAF server)

I've met some jerks, but also met some pretty cool people on there.

Rollin around as 'Vesper'. <- of course

"FRIENDLY!" :)

Vesper? Oh shit! Did you happen to have a certain someone who hunts people for beans (*cough*Gibonez*cough*) call you a disconnecting little bitch one day? I think he may have mistaken you for somebody else who kept DCing on him in the middle of a firefight.

rocket said:

* [NEW] More infected attack animations
* [NEW] More infected feeding animations
* [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation
* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)
* [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed
* [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)
This update is going to feel so different.

Can't wait

This update is going to feel so different.

Can't wait

tumblr_lsv0ziXF6f1qafrh6.gif

From DayZ Forum.

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16
Changelog 2012-06-16:
All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.
* [FIXED] All land and water vehicles will now spawn in a repairable state .
* [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level, they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.
* [NEW] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.
* [NEW] Vehicles are spawned on all new servers.

Future implementation:
Vehicle models will be mixed up (randomized) a little depending on which type of vehicle that can spawn at a certain area. This means some vehicle models might become rarer.

Known issues:
Helicopters are still very dangerous to fly due to desync issues. These type of vehicles will only be available on some very old servers until this issue is fixed. Your safety as a pilot or passenger is NOT guaranteed. (hopefully fixed with release of 1.7.1, need more testing)

Note to server admins:
Serverside recommendation: Please update your arma2 server version to latest beta in preparation for 1.7.1 release.
Also make sure your battleeye files are up to date or players will have troubles playing on your server if their client version is later than 93825.

Maybe we can get a sequel to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gy373G-ttA&lc=XJX2w1WOxgmKeBE-FvnDmJYKeiKP07NCfz-wu--Mt-k&feature=inbox our phenomenal server chopper first.

Atomski

I need to start joining you guys on mumble.. my friends just want to be dicks and snipe people all day :/. kinda ruins the fun and sense of survival for me. I still like meeting other survivors and helping them if I can. Which lately usually ends up with me dead :p.

WedgeX

Banned
I need to start joining you guys on mumble.. my friends just want to be dicks and snipe people all day :/. kinda ruins the fun and sense of survival for me. I still like meeting other survivors and helping them if I can. Which lately usually ends up with me dead :p.

Uhhh you may wish to stay away from some well documented gaffers.

Irish

Speaking of which.... Sorry for shooting you in Rog with that revolver, but I don't really like to take any chances when it comes to the survival of our group.

I'm not really sure where I stand when it comes to killing another player anymore. I mean, there have been lots of times where I would go afk only to come back and see that a group has moved in on my position and did not just completely murder me. In fact, they would just go about gathering supplies and moving out. I've also gotten a blood transfusion on the docks of Cherno when I kept passing out because I only had like 2,000 blood left.

Of course, there are those other times where people will just start firing on you once they catch even the slightest of glimpses and that only makes me want to do the same to ensure my safety and the safety of the people I am with.

All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.
* [FIXED] All land and water vehicles will now spawn in a repairable state .
* [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level, they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.
* [NEW] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.
* [NEW] Vehicles are spawned on all new servers.

Future implementation:
Vehicle models will be mixed up (randomized) a little depending on which type of vehicle that can spawn at a certain area. This means some vehicle models might become rarer.

Oh shit, guys.... everybody get ready.

mik83kuu

Banned
rocket said:
* [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)
* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

Last fixes. Into closed testing now.

Here we go. START CRYING!

The M.O.B

Alright, just hopped on mumble and then immediately left!
english is not my first language and I was shy

We have many bros with English not being their primary language.

Stuntman from Chile

Drizzle from Brazil

Oisin from Ireland

Mik from ???

Broken/Irish from RacistLand

Just join, we are friendly :)

Currently playing that insurgency mode we talked about earlier in the thread.

Good way to spend time and wait for the new patch to be uploaded.

Server is the MTF server.

mik83kuu

Banned
Changelog:
* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
* [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
* [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
* [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
* [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you
* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine
* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before
* [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table
* [NEW] More infected attack animations
* [NEW] More infected feeding animations
* [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation
* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)
* [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed
* [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)
* [NEW] Initial version of double-barreled shotgun added (by Artyom)
* [FIXED] CZ550 spawning far too often in farms
* [FIXED] Winchester decreased spawnrate (% given to double barrel shotty)
* [NEW] Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds
* [NEW] Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds
* [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)
* [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)
* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

http://armafiles.info/dayz

WedgeX

Banned
Here we go. START CRYING!

I sincerely hope this means EVERYONE spawns back at the coast, no gun in hand. My body is ready for some crawling and dashing around like a fool.

Edit:

Fuck! Double barrel shotguns??????? Using 1911 ammo for the revolver????

I can successfully live a hermit life now.

Update is out. We just need Nix to update our server.

From Rocket:

Developer's Note:
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.
* Raytracing doesn't work so well inside some buildings at the moment so interiors will ignore raytracing
* Infected sprinting animation not included yet
* On respawn, your flashlight spawns in your BACKPACK. I did this because nothing would have said NOOB more than all the new players running around in the day with torches with no idea what the fuck to do.
* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

Fuck Yeah.

Top Bottom