• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 Commercial During Monday Night Football (ESPN)

Ashes

Banned
That was crap. But I got the impression it was designed for multiple viewings. One of those annoying ads that seeps into the brain.

Regardless, 'greatness awaits' is an epic slogan.

xaosslug

that's a really well done AD - it straddles the line between serious and funny w/o going too far in either direction. I liked it.

Freeman

Banned
Classy. I liked it, weird like all Sony adss but funny. I'm not sure it does a good job selling the console tho.

that was lame-o, but at least Sony is starting to advertise.

starting to? Between the Greatness awaits ads in May and the constant barrage of the Taco Bell ad, Sony has been advertising the PS4 like crazy.

What I haven't figured out is where are the MS ads? Didn't they have like 300m on marketing? I've seen the NFL ad a couple times and thats it.

I see that Taco Bell ad a couple time a day and have for over a month

UNCMark

Banned
Jesus christ dont break down yet beck

glenn-beck-goes-crazy-in-radio-show-pin-head-funny-comedy.jpg

statham

I guess Greatness Awaits is their official slogan. Can't think of one MS has settled on yet. Hopefully they don't do some dumb shit like "all in one".

I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

After watching it again, I think it might have that catchy, grows on you feel though. Like someone said the "seep into your head" approach where you find yourself humming it for no reason.

This would be great if I were buying the system to watch a live-action CG movie. Unfortunately, I am not.

I do not understand these types of commercials. Show me the games I will be playing, as they will look when I will be playing them.

Five

Banned
I quite liked it. The slightly off song said PS4 isn't trying to be super cool all the time, that it can be fun and silly too. It said we have your fantasy action games, your racing games, and your shooter explody games. It said guys in their late twenties and mid thirties are having fun with this, meaning it's not just for kids and "families".

Gonna go rewatch

It's certainly more memorable than anything Microsoft is currently marketing. People like to give Microsoft a lot of credit for marketing, but the truth of the matter is that they just sink more money into it and by default have a greater success rate because of it. It's a money issue, not a quality one.

Piggus

Haha, I liked it a lot. Of course a lot of you hate anything that doesn't have gameplay, but when have the best PlayStation ads ever had gameplay?

I quite liked it. The slightly off song said PS4 isn't trying to be super cool all the time, that it can be fun and silly too. It said we have your fantasy action games, your racing games, and your shooter explody games. It said guys in their late twenties and mid thirties are having fun with this, meaning it's not just for kids and "families".

Gonna go rewatch

It is a post dudebro era ad.

Dragon

Banned
This would be great if I were buying the system to watch a live-action CG movie. Unfortunately, I am not.

I do not understand these types of commercials. Show me the games I will be playing, as they will look when I will be playing them.

That's not the point of the ad.

Draper

/marketingstrategist

UNCMark

Banned
It's certainly more memorable than anything Microsoft is currently marketing. People like to give Microsoft a lot of credit for marketing, but the truth of the matter is that they just sink more money into it and by default have a greater success rate because of it. It's a money issue, not a quality one.

All I see here is people quoting MS's weird little taglines for the Xbox One. "So real it's real." "Beta tested in the future" etc etc. Must be pretty memorable.

Top Bottom