• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Anth0ny

Yes their reasons are Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt are out with fucking viral meningitis and they want to give the crowd and those watching on Sunday still a good show...

Like shit literally that show was built around The Shield comeback and that's out

It's pretty obvious that Angle was probably gonna come back at Survivor Series and had already been training/ was cleared to compete so when literally one third of their big angle went down with something that he couldn't work through they put him in. It's not the the ideal build but what are you gonna do 3 days before the show? (Literally saw people in the OT thread upset about Angle and saying that they should have put in, and I shit you not, Jason Jordan... What?!? ) Like this wasn't just some babyface trio, it was the freaking Shield... everything was built to that, this was a big deal and you can't just replace Reigns with any odd baby face it needed to be something big.

And we all knew Angle was gonna wrestle again at some point.

Excel, dare I say... think of the HEAT when all of those people came to the building expecting the shield, and instead got Dean, Seth and Jason Jordan.

HEAT. SELLS. TICKETS.

It's like you put a delicious burger in front of their nose, let them smell it, let them DROOL LIKE A DOG... and then pull it away and plop a big ol turd onto their plate.

But they'll be back. That burger they want will be there for them next month!

Hex

Banned
Yes their reasons are Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt are out with fucking viral meningitis and they want to give the crowd and those watching on Sunday still a good show...

Like shit literally that show was built around The Shield comeback and that's out

It's pretty obvious that Angle was probably gonna come back at Survivor Series and had already been training/ was cleared to compete so when literally one third of their big angle went down with something that he couldn't work through they put him in. It's not the the ideal build but what are you gonna do 3 days before the show? (Literally saw people in the OT thread upset about Angle and saying that they should have put in, and I shit you not, Jason Jordan... What?!? ) Like this wasn't just some babyface trio, it was the freaking Shield... everything was built to that, this was a big deal and you can't just replace Reigns with any odd baby face it needed to be something big.

I really wish Joe was ready.
Angle is fine, but they need to do something grand in the pre-show.
This opens a whole can of worms for the Monday Night RAW GM to get involved.
Didn't we just deal with this with Shane? (Or however the Miz could go with it)

I really wish Joe was ready.
Angle is fine, but they need to do something grand in the pre-show.
This opens a whole can of worms for the Monday Night RAW GM to get involved.
Didn't we just deal with this with Shane? (Or however the Miz could go with it)

You want them to, for no reason turn Joe face, and team him up again for no reason with Rollins and Ambrose?

Joe is great but he's not Kurt Angle

Look you know what literally forget storyline... this isn't even about storyline this is about them correctly knowing they had to do something big because 3 days before the show they can't give you The Shield reunion...

And literally the only thing that could come close is Kurt Angle wrestling again in WWE for the first time in over a decade.

I give WWE top credit for this, they saw what was happening and did two moves that overall might actually make the show better.

Balor vs AJ is a billion times better than Pumpkin King vs Sister Abigail (and word is they're gonna get tons of time)

And Angle returning is only a few steps behind The Shield returning.

cordy

Banned
As disliked as Reigns is The Shield reunion (him included) really made TLC, that's what the show was about. You take Reigns out and it's no Shield. Hell, even Cesaro and Sheamus mentioned on a video a few hours ago that they're gonna have to hold off on it. Angle and Styles/Balor is a great replacement that makes up for Reigns and no Shield.

Shield's just that popular you need dudes to fly in in case you can't give em that.

As disliked as Reigns is The Shield reunion (him included) really made TLC, that's what the show was about. You take Reigns out and it's no Shield. Hell, even Cesaro and Sheamus mentioned on a video a few hours ago that they're gonna have to hold off on it. Angle and Styles/Balor is a great replacement that makes up for Reigns and no Shield.

Shield's just that popular you need dudes to fly in in case you can't give em that.

Yep this is about the best response to a horrible situation I've seen from the company

oddjobs

I would have put AJ with the Shield and have Balor against Nakamura.

Putting Kurt out there this late ruins the buildup and excitement for him getting back in the ring plus opens a can of worms as far as the GM storyline goes, causing a TON of additional work for WWE.

I would have put AJ with the Shield and have Balor against Nakamura.

Putting Kurt out there this late ruins the buildup and excitement for him getting back in the ring plus opens a can of worms as far as the GM storyline goes, causing a TON of additional work for WWE.

I wouldn't want Balor against Nakamura because Nakamura needs to be winning coming off of that horrible feud with Jinder, not taking a pin from Finn. AJ is much more established, so a loss won't really hurt him.

Found a nice pic of half a moon's waifu
How+anime+looks+to+normies+_cd521946b88cd6c41e05f2ebafa832b1.jpg

Hex

Banned
You want them to, for no reason turn Joe face, and team him up again for no reason with Rollins and Ambrose?

Joe is great but he's not Kurt Angle

Look you know what literally forget storyline... this isn't even about storyline this is about them correctly knowing they had to do something big because 3 days before the show they can't give you The Shield reunion...

And literally the only thing that could come close is Kurt Angle wrestling again in WWE for the first time in over a decade.

I give WWE top credit for this, they saw what was happening and did two moves that overall might actually make the show better.

Balor vs AJ is a billion times better than Pumpkin King vs Sister Abigail (and word is they're gonna get tons of time)

And Angle returning is only a few steps behind The Shield returning.

Not face, but he has a reason to go after Braun and that would be enough to go with I would think.

As far as Finn and AJ I am marking out like crazy

Not face, but he has a reason to go after Braun and that would be enough to go with I would think.

As far as Finn and AJ I am marking out like crazy

Nah man, Joe teaming with the faces makes no sense at all, dude he was feuding with Rollins just before Mania.

ANd Joe instead of the complete Shield is not enough of a big moment... that Shield match was going to be one of the biggest moments of the year.

There's actually no excuse for this decision.

A HOFer/fan darling/multiple time world champ who has been gone for 11 years. To just throw him in a match 3 days before a PPV? That makes zero sense business wise. I guess we gotta save this can't miss TLC card that was built around one match... ? A whole PPV could've been built around his return.

I'm predicting a Jason Jordan angle but even that is cheapened by this decision lmao.

Angle was bound to a wheel chair and addicted to pills just a few years ago btw. Just looking out for the talent.

I'm sure triple h is much more capable of filling in but he's never thrown into programs and angles all willy nilly like the rest of the roster. His return, which no one actually gives a fuck about, will be built much better than most programs in the company guaranteed. He is going over Owens when he comes back, don't forget.

They could've chosen any other wrestler... but then again that would require them to not pour cold water on 90% of the roster every week.

Why not put Fin Balor in, forget about the stupid demon shit, and pick up where they left off before he vacated? There's even the built in Roman match after SS.

Is there a storyline reason why AJ is wrestling for Raw? We're supposed to care about brand vs. brand at Survivor Series?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The storyline is someone needed to fill the card out and AJ is popular.

Hasney

If you want a story, just imagine that AJ kicked Finns dog and now DA DEMON has to come out. Now a general manager has to STEP UP in times of sickness.

Now you have a better story than WWE is capable of writing and maybe you can enjoy the match. So sorry you didn't get a payoff to the wonderful writing of Sister Abigail and "I dunno, fuck it, put the Shield back together".

There's actually no excuse for this decision.

A HOFer/fan darling/multiple time world champ who has been gone for 11 years. To just throw him in a match 3 days before a PPV? That makes zero sense business wise. I guess we gotta save this can't miss TLC card that was built around one match... ? A whole PPV could've been built around his return.

I'm predicting a Jason Jordan angle but even that is cheapened by this decision lmao.

Angle was bound to a wheel chair and addicted to pills just a few years ago btw. Just looking out for the talent.

I'm sure triple h is much more capable of filling in but he's never thrown into programs and angles all willy nilly like the rest of the roster. His return, which no one actually gives a fuck about, will be built much better than most programs in the company guaranteed. He is going over Owens when he comes back, don't forget.

They could've chosen any other wrestler... but then again that would require them to not pour cold water on 90% of the roster every week.

Why not put Fin Balor in, forget about the stupid demon shit, and pick up where they left off before he vacated? There's even the built in Roman match after SS.

Is there a storyline reason why AJ is wrestling for Raw? We're supposed to care about brand vs. brand at Survivor Series?

All of those makes complete sense, getting pissed off that this is silly...

Because Finn Balor teaming with Amrbrose and Rollins is a September raw end of the second hour match. Also storyline wise there's not a whole lot of love between Balor and Rollins.

The Shield reunion was literally going to be one of the biggest moments of the year and that's gone... you have to replace it with something of approximate value value. This isn't have to replacethe third man of say a Nakamura/Orton team. This is the freaking Shield.

Any guy even if they weren't cooled off doesn't come close to The Shield's first match as a trio... except Kurt Angle (and even then The Shield is still a bigger deal)

AJ is wrestling because they want to give the crowd and viewers a damn fucking good match as an apology for not being able to deliver The Shield reunion... Which again is one of the biggest deals of the year.

They sold tickets on the basis of The Shield, they sold network subscriptions on the basis of The Shield... they have to give something equivalent to The Shield... Also storyline wise it's been Angle who kept giving Miz's team the extra men and now The Shield is down one guy... it makes sense that a man with such Integrity would step up to replace Roman Reigns.

And why would Triple H who literally was just feuding with Seth Rollins (a guy who took out his Wife at Mania) make sense to step in and team with him and Ambrose?

And also spare me the that you care about his health when your complaint is that they aren't building an entire PPV out of the return and that this return isn't glamorous enough.

This was the Shield Show and now it's not so they had to do something big, and this is big.

Also I'll never understand the whole why are they ding something big on one of their non Big 4 events... do you actually want nothing to matter for months on end? Doing something big at non big events makes those events meaningful.

No I don't care about their well being. The WWE does... Remember?

The shield return isn't as big as Kurt Angle. I don't know what else to say.

All this storyline talk about my suggestions is meaningless when they're disregarding storylines with their solution to the injuries (and their television every week). I really don't know why you would bring that up. This is an emergency situation. Kurt Angle shouldn't be in their deck for emergencies. Triple h should. (I just remembered that he's probably not roided up and ready to go, so forget about that)

Are people mass unsubbing because of one bad PPV when there's a bad PPV every 2 weeks? We're going to throw away weeks of good programming to save a shit ppv? You were looking forward to seeing the shield beat 5 people? including Braun strowman who they sacrificed the last PPV because of this flawed mentality?

To think that there are people that think randomly throwing Kurt Angle into a match 3 days out after 11 years is a good decision is shocking.

Goldberg should've been in a tag team match on that raw he came back on instead of building a match up against Brock Lesnar for weeks and beating him. I mean... He was coming back anyways! Who needs months of good programming when you can get a night that no one cares about.

I don't care about AJ being in the match but it's hilarious when they're going to follow it up with a brand vs. brand PPV and expect people to care.

Get why they're doing it but yeah... The last minute throwing Angle and AJ into those matches sucks.

Oh and again, lol brand split.

Vince would think Aladdin was Indian.

IIRC Aladdin wasn't originally Arab either and the story was set in China or was probably a mess of different stories of versions of it.

Recall

Kurt Angle returning to the ring has made 3 of my lapsed wrestling friends show interest in watching on Sunday out of sheer curiosity.

Hasney

Lol at the idea of there being months of "good programming" when Goldberg came back. We got some stumble over promos and some 5 minute matches and a Wrestlemania match that was only better than it should have been. I'd have preferred it of he came back in a tag team.

Hasney

This way, we don't have to wait for Jinder to be traded to Raw and have Angle return TO DEFEND 'MURICA and have an even worse reason for returning.

Toki767

I just want them to acknowledge some sort of storyline thing for Styles being on a Raw show.

The Angle thing they can clearly just say it was Angle's decision.

Hasney

I hope they have no storyline to ruin it and just go "Hey, we're wrasslers, let's wrassle and see who's better". They dont even need to say that.

No I don't care about their well being. The WWE does... Remember?

The shield return isn't as big as Kurt Angle. I don't know what else to say.

All this storyline talk about my suggestions is meaningless when they're disregarding storylines with their solution to the injuries (and their television every week). I really don't know why you would bring that up. This is an emergency situation. Kurt Angle shouldn't be in their deck for emergencies. Triple h should. (I just remembered that he's probably not roided up and ready to go, so forget about that)

Are people mass unsubbing because of one bad PPV when there's a bad PPV every 2 weeks? We're going to throw away weeks of good programming to save a shit ppv? You were looking forward to seeing the shield beat 5 people? including Braun strowman who they sacrificed the last PPV because of this flawed mentality?

To think that there are people that think randomly throwing Kurt Angle into a match 3 days out after 11 years is a good decision is shocking.

Goldberg should've been in a tag team match on that raw he came back on instead of building a match up against Brock Lesnar for weeks and beating him. I mean... He was coming back anyways! Who needs months of good programming when you can get a night that no one cares about.

I don't care about AJ being in the match but it's hilarious when they're going to follow it up with a brand vs. brand PPV and expect people to care.

Dude under normal circumstances they would have done none of this...

Under these circumstances they had to do this... and no in 2017 I'd say Kurt Angle is on equal par with The Shield and I'd argue The Shield is still bigger.

You have they marketed TLC as the Shield show... they had to deliver something equally big, they'd have been complete assholes not to. Just throwing their
hands and going oh well see you next month is bad business, real bad business... worse business then giving Kurt Angle now.

Kurt Angle is both a good emergency situation guy, and a guy who works for the storyline, so that's a win win over HHH teaming with fucking Rollins only months after Mania.

I get it you seem to not give a shit about the Shield, but you know what I did, and you know what had they just put Finn Balor in that match instead of Angle and instead of Balor/AJ... I'd have skipped the show... and there are probably far more people like me then people like you who are so livid for no good reason.

I just want them to acknowledge some sort of storyline thing for Styles being on a Raw show.

The Angle thing they can clearly just say it was Angle's decision.

Daniel Bryan in light of what happened agreed to lend AJ Styles for the night. Boom done. Both guys in charge are faces so being kind to each other is completely sensical.

When Rollins filled in for Nakamura at the Vancouver house show, he came out said Daniel Bryan gave me a call an asked if I could fill in.... guess how many people were mad and thought they needed a better explanation.

Lol at the idea of there being months of "good programming" when Goldberg came back. We got some stumble over promos and some 5 minute matches and a Wrestlemania match that was only better than it should have been. I'd have preferred it of he came back in a tag team.

Then I never want to see you criticize WWE/Vince again.

His promos were better than anyone other than Cena, Miz, and Bryan. He doesn't even have to shoot to cut a good promo, and was actually over as a true babyface... not a heel that smarks like or a face that smarks hate. He wrestled 3 matches IIRR. 2 were good, one was against Kevin Owens. They were stunt matches but we don't hold that against Roman or braun. The feud lasted months, had good segments and matches and he left when he was getting stale. The weakest parts were again thanks to the WWE's stupidity (minnesota, Owens match). Then he left by cutting a better Babyface promo than anyone in the company shutting up the post-WM smarks in the process. His return was a massive success. Were you trolling?

In the past 2 months WWE has burned through:

Brock/Braun
Shane/Owens HIAC
Cena/Reigns
Shield reunion
Kurt Angle's comeback to in-ring competition
AJ Styles/Finn Balor

LMAO

Edit I'm not livid. The main enjoyment I get out of wrestling, and it has been like this for years, is laughing at how fucking stupid and inept the company is and then reading people like you defend them. I came back to wrestling after 5+ years during the CM Punk pipe bomb era and we all know how that ended. Add on stuff like hhh winning the rumble and title at the same time in 2016, him winning the title for owens, Charlotte flair, pretending to care about Danielson, disrespecting Rey. It's funny to me.

I only keep up through John pollock's podcast.

Idk why you keep bringing up storylines.

Exactly this. If the PPV wasn't built around the Shield match they might have had less exciting replacements but they have to hotshot it.

Exactly if this was Rollins, Ambrose and Finn Balor vs 5 guys and Balor got sick... then yeah put some random guy in there (even Jason Jordan) because whatever shit happens...

But this was The Shield against all odds, this was weeks where they were the show building to a show where they were going to be the show... you can't just put some roster guy in there and call it a night... shit if they did that I'd say fans would have the right to demand refunds for Network purchases and even ticket purchases because The Shield was the reason to watch TLC.

Even now, even with Angle it still feels way less special.... until you factor in AJ/Balor.

Then I never want to see you criticize WWE/Vince again.

His promos were better than anyone other than Cena, Miz, and Bryan. He doesn't even have to shoot to cut a good promo, and was actually over as a true babyface... not a heel that smarks like or a face that smarks hate. He wrestled 3 matches IIRR. 2 were good, one was against Kevin Owens. They were stunt matches but we don't hold that against Roman or braun. The feud lasted months, had good segments and matches and he left when he was getting stale. The weakest parts were again thanks to the WWE's stupidity (minnesota, Owens match). Then he left by cutting a better Babyface promo than anyone in the company shutting up the post-WM smarks in the process. His return was a massive success. Were you trolling?

In the past 2 months WWE has burned through:

Brock/Braun
Shane/Owens HIAC
Cena/Reigns
Shield reunion
Kurt Angle's comeback to in-ring competition
AJ Styles/Finn Balor

LMAO

They actually haven't burned though The Shield reunion though... since the match isn't happening.

And all you're telling me with that list is that they've put an effort to make the fall month main events entertaining... what's the complaint there?

Toki767

Daniel Bryan in light of what happened agreed to lend AJ Styles for the night. Boom done. Both guys in charge are faces so being kind to each other is completely sensical.

When Rollins filled in for Nakamura at the Vancouver house show, he came out said Daniel Bryan gave me a call an asked if I could fill in.... guess how many people were mad and thought they needed a better explanation.

I'd be totally fine with that. I'm just worried they'll basically ignore it because it is WWE we're talking about.

Top Bottom