• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Joystick Awards 2017 (Voting Open)

MrS

Banned
It's a travesty that NieR Automata, Hellblade, Nex Machina and Nioh aren't nominated for GOTY. Will vote for D2 in their absence.

MY PICKS:

Best Storytelling: What Remains of Edith Finch

Best Visual Design: Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Audio: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Best Indie Game: What Remains of Edith Finch

Best Multiplayer Game: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Studio of the Year: Nintendo EPD

Nintendo Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Sony Game of the Year: Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Streamer/Broadcaster: What's Good Games

Ultimate Game of the Year: What Remains of Edith Finch

Zutrax

It's such a boring obvious pick, but my choice is still Breath of the Wild. It was just way too good to try and go against the grain on. I wish it had more competition, maybe Mario Odyssey will give it a run for it's money, but the only game I've even had remotely as much fun as Breath of the Wild with is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and I can't in good conscious give it Game of the Year since it's so unpolished and still in Early Access.

Though I will say my runner up is Resident Evil 7 specifically played in VR, I've taken every chance I can get to rant about it, but that game goes from great, to an incredible fresh experience when played in VR. Since this contest doesn't specify the VR version of the game, I'll probably still just go for Breath of the Wild.

sense

Voted. These awards are always a popularity contest so I always take them with a pinch of salt. As a Nintendo fan hoping for some recognition for BotW but expecting Horizon to sweep its categories.
Is this a joke? Hoping for recognition for Zelda......

I wish people would wait until November at the latest before doing this, not only does the year still have another 3 months to go but it's also good to have time for the games to leave the honey moon period.

Voted. These awards are always a popularity contest so I always take them with a pinch of salt. As a Nintendo fan hoping for some recognition for BotW but expecting Horizon to sweep its categories.

fry.PNG

snap

Banned
there are a handful of nominees that deserve recognition but would never get close with a popularity contest like this. even something as well known and respected as Persona 5 won't win any awards.

Madchad

As much as Horizon and Persona stuck out for me my vote had to go to Nioh. The game was a refreshing gem and i did and still am loving every moment with it.

I have not played Yakuza to my eternal shame.

I dont own an Xbox or Switch.

Top Bottom