• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

lol whaaat that sounds dumb. So essentially taking desolate gyms still wont give you any coins either?!
No. Only at high turnover gyms. So urban/rural people are fucked. Well, not my local spoofers I suppose. They'll probably abuse it by putting low cp pokemon in the middle of nowhere and take them out with their multi accounts.

Ashodin

I left a Dragonite almost 2hrs ago in a Gym and still no coins. Maybe I will get it when he comes back?

You get them when they come back yes.

No. Only at high turnover gyms. So urban/rural people are fucked. Well, not my local spoofers I suppose. They'll probably abuse it by putting low cp pokemon in the middle of nowhere and take them out with their multi accounts.

??? Motivation still decreases regardless of battling. Eventually they will return to you.

JavyOO7

Played in gyms for first time in a while. Moto X Pure has done great for me in this game but as updates go by, gym play have become a bit sluggish. Maybe I should get a Google Pixel in my future? Dunno.

Firemind

They can feed them though by spoofing. Then take them out themselves when they're in there long enough. Though I admit it's much more work than before so maybe they'll get tired of it after a while.

I was one of the first people in the city. Got 12 gyms. One is already down.
Taking down gyms will be hard as far as I can see.
Let's see how much coins this will get me.

Ashodin

They can feed them though by spoofing. Then take them out themselves when they're in there long enough. Though I admit it's much more work than before so maybe they'll get tired of it after a while.

All these strange methods to keep them in makes me wonder if there's some sort of checks somewhere to detect spoofers. I'd not put it past Niantic.

Taking down a gym is so much easier, better and more fun now! Prob took 15 minutes max to take down a 4 person gym

Yep I'm finding it really tough to keep one of my pokemon in the gym for an hour. My Rhydon lasted 45 minutes. So close to getting a coin!! Niantic knows what they're doing.

Firemind

All these strange methods to keep them in makes me wonder if there's some sort of checks somewhere to detect spoofers. I'd not put it past Niantic.
Bots they can detect. Manual spoofers are hard to detect if they behave like normal human beings. Spoofing apps have functions to make you walk and drift. Probaby how they can amass a shit load of candies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It's 100°F outside is it worth it right now? There is 2 gyms around me each 2 blocks away in the opposite direction.

Edit: My team just claimed both lol

T.O.P

Banned
Went out as soon as the gyms went up, met a group of people that came screaming at me while i was taking a gym "you playing GO???? You team Mystic? HURRY THE FUCK UP AND GET IN THE CAR!1111!"

We then proceeded to take something like 27 gyms all around the city, and now we chillin at a pub, holy shit i had a blast

Best experience since the first month of the game, damn

GulAtiCa

Went out as soon as the gyms went up, met a group of people that came screaming at me while i was taking a gym "you playing GO???? You team Mystic? HURRY THE FUCK UP AND GET IN THE CAR!1111!"

We then proceeded to take something like 27 gyms all around the city, and now we chillin at a pub, holy shit i had a blast

Haha. Now that is an experience to last a lifetime! Awesome

Ashodin

hahaha fuckin awesome

Ugh, I placed a pokemon at a Valor Gym near my office and fed all my team's pokemon (got a few candies out of the deal, on top of 160 Stardust). Now, I'm constantly staring at said gym and watching it whittle down while biting my nails trying to make it an hour for one coin.

I'm totally down for this new "cooperative" gym play (man I cannot wait for raids), but it seems like there's a lot more burden on a solo/minority team player to defend their gym.

This game needs an in-game chat or some way for team members to know when gyms around them are almost defeated and needs defending like a beacon or something.

Damn. That's how Pokemon Go is supposed to be played! Very cool.

Cess007

That sounds awesome man. That's the way to experience a social game :)

GulAtiCa

Omg! I hatched a Snorlax! My 2nd ever.
ctX5A.png

Oxx

Didn't people teach you not to get into cars with strangers!?

T.O.P

Banned
Haha. Now that is an experience to last a lifetime! Awesome

There's some mafia-like shit going down with gyms that i had no fuckin clue so far, like how each team splits the city areas while i was going rambo with a friend of mine messing the balance of it all :lol

We added each other on whatsapp to get ready for the raids, each person keeps an eye on a specif area, and also keeps the entire gym's pkmn team fed with berries since it would be a mess to go alone to each conquered gym

And it's almost 1am, and i gotta work tomorrow, shieeet

BTW, it fuckin sucks that you can only use one type of berry to motivate your pokemon :/

Growlie19

Both of my gyms are holding steady, and even received some back-up! Five mons in each, and I'm seeing some interesting diversity. Jolteon, Machamp, and Kingler have all made appearances. Pretty nifty! Up to 2.5 hours for them, that's four coins guaranteed!

elguero

Is lag god awful for everyone else right now as well? Spent 20 laggy minutes taking down a gym and just before I had the entire gym kicked out I just started getting all kinds of network errors.

Just got back from another gym run. I'm back at 7 gyms now

Feeling a little better with these updates. Seems good that gym ownership can come and go. My main concern is still the coin distribution.

Is lag god awful for everyone else right now as well? Spent 20 laggy minutes taking down a gym and just before I had the entire gym kicked out I just started getting all kinds of network errors.

I ran into one network error a few minutes ago. Shits going to hit the fan now that all the kids are out of school lol

Cess007

Ha, hadn't noted in your profile, there's a section for your Gym Badges (I've one in Silver) and there's a map to let you know where you collected that badge. That's cool

The higher the rank of the badge? the better the Team Bonus is when you spin the Gym, no?

Ha, hadn't noted in your profile, there's a section for your Gym Badges (I've one in Silver) and there's a map to let you know where you collected that badge. That's cool

The higher the rank of the badge? the better the Team Bonus is when you spin the Gym, no?

Neat. I just checked again and it shows your currently defending Pokemon and it actually shows how long your mon has been defending, battle victories, and how many treats people have given it.

Seems like features are still rolling out?

edit: I guess only for the current Gym Badges you have gotten and recently visited. I'm seeing 5/7 gyms that i've taken.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I just defeated this gym and the previous owner is right across the street staring at me, this is creepy. He is going to take it back obviously but I'm out of here

I just defeated this gym and the previous owner is right across the street staring at me, this is creepy. He is going to take it back obviously but I'm out of here

Next time just wink suggestively. Usually defused tension. I'm really curious to see if these gym changes actually increase coins for f2p players who are active. So far I'm on track to yield more than I did on an average day (10 coins).

Raids aren't up yet right?

robochimp

Powered up a Steelix as far as I could and headed out. Four out of six gyms in the park were already instinct, so I added what defenders I could muster. All four were taken down in about two and a half hours. The Steelix was my last hold out.

Dammit. This update was like 95% perfect, but that last 5% just torpedoes the whole damn thing. Minimum of one hour in a gym and only 1 coin per hour? As far as my area goes, that basically means I can only go for gyms at 3am if I want anything, and even then I'm absolutely not going to be getting 10 coins per Pokémon anymore. And I can't even get lucky and find an ultra-low traffic gym to camp in for weeks since the Pokémon is worthless after 4 days anyway...

Basically, even if I take gyms three times as often I'll be making significantly less coins than before. This seriously blows, because everything else is so great. :|

GulAtiCa

Yeah, wish it would default to ninabs... lol.

Also, Item max inventory limit has been increased! Now can hold upto 1500. YES. OMG. Being at 1000 limit was oddly limiting. haha

Yeeeeeah, this is fucking shit.

Went into 10 gyms earlier. All but 4 got taken down in less than an hour. Before I could have just collected right away and nabbed 100 coins, now I've lost 6 gyms and still haven't even gotten a single coin, and I'll probably be lucky to even hit 10 coins total. It's literally pointless for me to do gyms any time before 2-3am now.

Seriously, what the fuck am I even supposed to do now? It literally seems like I have no option but to give up. If this doesn't get massively changed soon, I have no reason to continue on. :|

And again, there was so much good in this update. Fuck man.

GulAtiCa

Honestly, I much prefer this new method of collecting coins.

Anyways, the shop has new items! You can now buy max revives and max potions. Expensive (180 - 200 coins for like 6, 10 respectively) lol

Honestly, I much prefer this new method of collecting coins.

The method - receiving coins upon your Pokémon being returned - I'm fine with, at least in idea. But combined with the amount per hour and minimum time to earn however it literally guarantees I will never be collecting even a tiny fraction of the coins I could and did before. If you live in a high turn over area it's inarguably worse.

When playing heavily I could get an incubator 2 out of every 3 days before. Now even with heavy play this will take me weeks to get one.

Shop was just updated! Max Revives and Max Potions are now purchasable, and bag space cap was raised to 1500!

Glad I've been banking coins for months, gonna hit mad stops after work tomorrow and stock up. Gyms are flipping like crazy around here, all the level 20 somethings are coming out of the woodwork.

Yeeeeeah, this is fucking shit.

Went into 10 gyms earlier. All but 4 got taken down in less than an hour. Before I could have just collected right away and nabbed 100 coins, now I've lost 6 gyms and still haven't even gotten a single coin, and I'll probably be lucky to even hit 10 coins total. It's literally pointless for me to do gyms any time before 2-3am now.

Seriously, what the fuck am I even supposed to do now? It literally seems like I have no option but to give up. If this doesn't get massively changed soon, I have no reason to continue on. :|

And again, there was so much good in this update. Fuck man.

I feel for you :(

Theres no point in taking down a gym if you know its going to be taken down within an hour. Even then, wasting 20+ minutes to take a gym only to wait ATLEAST an hour to get one fucking coin is such a time sink. And that doesn't account for people taking their time to travel to these gyms.

They are putting player incentive in a shady cloud. Its 1 step forward and 2 steps back. If they are keeping this system, they need to give another way for people to earn coins.

Top Bottom