• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

Crub

It's great seeing Capcom do a smaller-scale game for consoles. If this proves profitable we will hopefully see more interesting games coming from Capcom in the future.

It's great seeing Capcom do a smaller-scale game for consoles. If this proves profitable we will hopefully see more interesting games coming from Capcom in the future.
This isn't exactly the first SD upport PS3's gotten, even from Capcom (Basara 3/Utage, RE Chronicles, MHP3rd, etc).

salpa

Banned
Not seeing what's so special about these models at all. The 3DS seems more than capable.

Some users here would have you believe the 3DS is just barely over the N64.

I just ignore it.

The game looks great though, visually. Not something I'd be particularly interested in though.

Poyunch

I didn't even notice that was supposed to be an outfit suitable for such an environment. She would freeze to death. D:
The backgrounds all white and her coat's blowing in the wind! That's the vibe I got. :3

It definitely is inappropriate for Winter though.

SmithnCo

Game looks pretty cool, I like the graphics though they are simple. The effects make it work.

Yuck. I'll never like that... thing on the right. A sleeve with a zipper on the side held up by a- Is that a belt? I had no idea Nomura had a hand in MML3's character designs. D:

I'll take Teekee over whatsherface any day.

Don't forget the opened fly! Hated that character. Native American styled one was the best.

WhyMe6

This looks amazing, I'm definitely buying it. Wonder if multiplayer is online.

Old-school Capcom making great looking mid-range games. New Battle Network next pls.

Also: hello Megaman Legends 3 engine.

Kusano123

Neo Member
Holy Shit, a Capcom game that is not white-washed? It totally screams Made in Japan and doesn't give a shit about western audiences!

Liking this game already. (-_-)b

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So, I'm not high, right? It is basically Lost Planet?

I mean, right down to the exact same enemies with the exact same glowing "heat" weak spots from the first game. Right? It's Lost Planet with a cartoony art style and faster movement.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So, I'm not high, right? It is basically Lost Planet?

I mean, right down to the exact same enemies with the exact same glowing "heat" weak spots from the first game. Right? It's Lost Planet with a cartoony art style and faster movement.

Yea, it's anime Lost Planet alright.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Whoa, this looks way more like the Lost Planet I want than LP3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder if it'll come out over here. Capcom's usually pretty good about that, but the fact that it's only 3DS/PS3 makes me curious.

Coxswain

I am so torn on how I feel about this game.

I like the cel-shaded rendering style. But I would murder a sack full of kittens if it meant I could get rid of that shitty art style.

From gameplay, it looks like it plays like Lost Planet, only maybe more fast-paced and probably even a little more over-the-top, and that's fantastic. But it's set in a high school, and I don't think Japan should be allowed to have education until they get over this stupid fucking fetish for high school.

The mech designs seem to include the fantastic original Lost Planet mechs, which are reminiscent of down-sized Steel Battalion mechs; very sensible and cool looking, as though they could almost be real, functioning machines - right down to the first, second, and third generation suits ranging from 'clunky and stompy' to downright sci-fi. But it looks like they're giving the main character his own "special" mech, and it looks like the most retarded animu crap ever, with human-like arms and head, and some stupid fucking hula hoop things floating around its shoulders. It might as well be riding a skateboard around, and I hate it.

I feel like I want to dislike the game and I should dislike this game, but I can't bring myself to outright hate it. I think the only reason that I can't is that Lost Planet 3 looks like such a pile of shit that I'm desperately looking for the good in anything that has to do with the franchise.

So, just saw this. Holy shit this looks amazing. I would want it so much more on Vita because sleep mode is the most important thing to me in a gaming machine ever.

Shut your faces guys

uglyzippergirlbxc92.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/15/e-x-troopers-capcoms-lost-planet-spin-off-story-detailed/

Capcom is expanding Lost Planet with a new game called E.X. Troopers where you play as a Vital Suit pilot in training. Bren Tanner, a driven kid who often puts his foot in his mouth, aims to be the top Gingira pilot in EDN-3rd. Gingira is a prototype Vital Suit with next generation artificial intelligence loaded on board.

E.X. Troopers begins when Bren leaving his home town and traveling to the NEVEC Academy. A group of unknown Vital Suits attack the transport and with the help of his instructor, Walter, Bren pilots the experimental Gingria and defeats the attackers, but all of the passengers have to leave the ship and land on EDN-3. Bren and Walter are seen in an escape pod falling towards the planet’s atmosphere.

A classic Gundam approach to getting into a mech for the first time—huh. I don't know what the climate is on EDN-3, but I'll bet it's snowy as hell, and it would remind me of the Forbidden Island from Legends 2.

Can't help it, man! The similarities are boundless!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Sounds interesting.

Capcom has disappointed me so many times, I don't know if I should hold out any hope for localization.
Weeeell, they did file a trademark for E.X Troopers here in the states last year. So who knows what's going down.

Sounds interesting.

Capcom has disappointed me so many times, I don't know if I should hold out any hope for localization.

It's not in a particularly niche genre, and it's tied to an established console IP. It's not a foregone conclusion, no, but I'm not too worried.

The game really looks like Lost Planet + Monster Hunter + Mega Man Legends 3.

Any idea on the character designer? I can't remember if we heard of who it was.

watershed

Banned
Never played the Metroid Prime, Mega Man Legends or Halo series before?

Played the hell out of both. I don't consider The Metroid Prime series a FPS more a first person adventure game. Still compared to FPS games I wasn't a fan of the combat in the Prime games. Love Halo, no lock on.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Played the hell out of both. I don't consider The Metroid Prime series a FPS more a first person adventure game. Still compared to FPS games I wasn't a fan of the combat in the Prime games. Love Halo, no lock on.

Wait, did you used to go by another username or am I imagining things?

Luigiv

Well I'd consider this game closer to MP than a full on FPS. It's meant to be arcadey so the lock on should fine (slow projectiles and nothing standing still for long, you get the idea).

Also nobody got my Halo joke? Are you guys so use to console shooters that you don't even remember the copious amounts of sticky aim any more? :(

Top Bottom