• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

- This game is Mega Man Legends 3 reborn, from gameplay "vibes" to chara design

And i quote from another user

6516d070f848d12fdbf350b54706c478.png

ex-troopers_2012_05-1sjjr8.jpg

- This game is fucking hype
- This game is 10 to 1000 times better than Lost Planet 3 of War

So Capcom, while you must die for cancelling Legends 3, I love you for this, this is way more LP than 3 is.
European release please.

100% agree.

It seems clear to me that the video is PS3 version, wich is a port from the 3DS versión. Those models and backgrounds are from the 3DS versión, the resolution is from the PS3 version. So PS3 version is a 1:1 port.
Capcom always delivers MTF trailers in a dev environment irrespective of platform.

Do people also think the RE Revelations trailers were from the "PS3 version" or something?

Really? Because I was one of the people who actually voted for Aero, and I hate the finalized design every bit as much as everyone else does. Either one of the females for EXT is a considerable improvement over that.
Right, because everyone else hates it as much as you do.

I like the redesign because of the visual spunk it adds to what was previously a doughy, boring design concept for Lilly.

Everything from the frame-rate to the camera to the environments to the image-quality screams 3DS version to me.

So of course it's actually the PS3 version in that trailer.

Korigama

Right, because everyone else hates it as much as you do.

I like the redesign because of the visual spunk it adds to what was previously a doughy, boring design concept for Lilly.
By everyone else, I was referring to the posters piling on in this thread specifically (though there's plenty of complaining to go around in the actual MML3 threads as well). If the finalized look is your preference, then I see little reason in attempting to deny you your opinion (aesthetics tend to be subjective to an extent as it is). Either way, I don't see much of a point in denying that her design, be it concept or finalized, isn't especially popular here.

Yeah, definitely interested at this point, and the girls in this are full of win, but I'll wait on a judgement on the overall look of the game till I see it in motion.

Also, I like Aero, but this girl shoulda won:

aSUpc.jpg

Sintoid

Well this is surely a positive surprise after the LP2 letdown and the LP3 unpredictable future... If this will come out of Japan I will eventually buy it for PS3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks like dreamcast game imo from the trailer

-environments are is empty,bland lifeless,flat ground textures and flat blue texture to represent winter environment.
-texture are very blurry up close in the trailer just look at the mecha scenes and enemy face closes up yuck.
-animation looks very clunky just look at the character moving around the evirmoent and those shooting sections.

ex-troopers_2012_05-17dkw0.jpg

even in the best screen so far, just look at those flat textures on the character models for coat.
Hey guyz, look who hasn't checked out a Dreamcast game with comparable intentions in a while!
ibqCK2qoLEx3UD.bmp
idIwOFo1PE0YC.bmp
iwqpW3Lfaos3m.bmp
ibd6KBhCKoVymp.bmp
i1QTu9TOVAAgS.bmp

PC version & downsampled .bmps on top of AF or whatever else.

I mean, I agree that it could look better in some ways without really affecting the budget, like some nicer snow and ice shaders etc as I mentioned previously, but it's already well beyond the Dreamcast, and is hardly ugly. Not to mention it's incomplete. The animations appear fine, all that seemed "off" is that before a given animation ended you could switch to a different action with a little jarring transition (ie there was none) if you cared to notice, like switching from shooting to dashing, but that's not worse animation, that's giving priority to swift responsive controls in that way. You get it in all sorts of games, from this to Vanquish.

Hey guyz, look who hasn't checked out a Dreamcast game with comparable intentions in a while!
http://i.minus.com/ibqCK2qoLEx3UD.bmp[img][img]http://i.minus.com/idIwOFo1PE0YC.bmp[img][img]http://i.minus.com/iwqpW3Lfaos3m.bmp[img][img]http://i.minus.com/ibd6KBhCKoVymp.bmp[img][/QUOTE]

You win automatically because HUcaseal pics

Somehow missed the trailer earlier. Looks good in motion to me and I'm liking the music.

matmanx1

I think it looks like something I'd very much like to play. It's like they mashed up Okami, Lost Planet, Phantasy Star and maybe even a little bit of Gundam. I want this.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is it?
Why?

It won't be difficult to perform comparable to Lost Planet series in Japan.
It probably doesn't even need half those sales to turn a profit either.

While aesthetically pleasing the production values took an obvious nose dive in comparison to all the others, 3 included.

But I really hope the progression is more similar to MonHun now. Mess about in a hub area, choose a mission, equip fitting equipment and off you go, with a simple goal like kill a given Akrid or clear an enemy stronghold or whatever and retrieve shit to analyze and improve your own shit with. Hopefully many more Akrid than stupid puny bot-like humanoid enemies too...

With the occasional space VS mission because those scenes just looked cool in the footage. Maybe with its own VS progression.

Hisster

So... LP and this can be something like SMT and Persona? At last it's my wish (that they make franchise of this), not just one game spin-off. This game looks much better than LP.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Which Google translates as Chisato Mita, I can't find much about this person. Anyone recognize the name?

I don't see anything about this person either. In the interview, it says that this artist is in-house so that rules out the possibility that it's the pseudonym or pen name of a contract designer. So my guess now is that it's a new guy.

Though, I noticed some are saying that Dai Sato is doing the scenario for this. If true, I guess that makes this his second title for Capcom after Revelations.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
- This game is Mega Man Legends 3 reborn, from gameplay "vibes" to chara design

And i quote from another user

6516d070f848d12fdbf350b54706c478.png

ex-troopers_2012_05-1sjjr8.jpg

- This game is fucking hype
- This game is 10 to 1000 times better than Lost Planet 3 of War

So Capcom, while you must die for cancelling Legends 3, I love you for this, this is way more LP than 3 is.
European release please.
I dunno man, a cast of five character tropes is pretty standard stuff. Now, if we're talking about this dude in the trailer:
gXl0n.png

and the BrightBats member on the left, then maybe we got something.

I've already been beaten to it, but this game looks like a fusion of Lost Planet, Okami and Crimson Tears.
At least Capcom is going back to making JP games again...

This was the best design. I love bug-eyed goggles. Plus she had an awesome coat.
Much as I love the artist's previous work: that look just never worked, especially not for the kind of character we'd get with Aero. Anorexic to a fault.

I'm starting to wonder if Shinkiro is doing the character art for this game, because his most recent style seems to be at play here (subtle block shading, strong profiles, excellent anatomy and power in the illustrations).

I'm still new to Gaf, what does bomba mean? ._. I see it everywhere and there's no clear explanation anywhere in gaf. Forgive me for my ignorance :( I've posted before but I'm really excited for this game.

A game that sells far bellow expectations, and as a result gets heavily discounted at stores to clear stock. At least that's what a "bomb" means. Though I think bomba just means a big discount as far as GAF is concerned, but many use it interchangeably with a sales bomb.

Poyunch

I didn't hate that design, but I didn't think it would fit in the game. I don't know, maybe the finalized design would have sold me.

If I remember correctly didn't they say they were going to base the game's aesthetic around the heroine? If so, then the game probably would have been snowy.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Best artist ≠ best character designer.

Okay: Ishihara has to be the character designer on this. It's the eyes that look so familiar, I think.
It's not Yuji Ishihara. We already know who the character designer is. He's in-house and his name doesn't ring up any previous credits. So unless it's a pseudonym, it's likely not any one of your guesses.

If I remember correctly didn't they say they were going to base the game's aesthetic around the heroine? If so, then the game probably would have been snowy.
I didn't even notice that was supposed to be an outfit suitable for such an environment. She would freeze to death. D:

M3d10n

Oh, it *is* set in the Lost Planet universe. Interesting. I was thinking it would be nice to have to have some LP spinoff on the 3DS some time ago, now that MT Framework mobile became stable.

Also, there was a brief moment in the trailer where it looked a lot like Okami (some sort of Japanese-style temple in a forest).

Top Bottom