• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Can you actually headshot knights? I'm playing some SpOps rocking my plasma pistol-carbine combo and I can't seem to get a headshot even when they're doing the scary face thing... am I really that bad? :(

Edit: Piranha 3d is so bad it's good, I saw that ending from miles away lol

Woorloog

Banned
Can you actually headshot knights? I'm playing some SpOps rocking my plasma pistol-carbine combo and I can't seem to get a headshot even when they're doing the scary face thing... am I really that bad? :(

Yes but the headshot area is very small. Shoot their eyes. The, umm, visor... non-visor, whatever.

Ghazi

Edit: Piranha 3d is so bad it's good, I saw that ending from miles away lol
When they open their helmet they're opening their mouthes for Doritos. Are you using the Doritos firing, pre-order bonus, Certain Affinity made Magnum?

Booties

Banned
is something happening in halo 4? i thought they were just talking about things they might do in the next 6 months, not actually releasing new content.

is something happening in halo 4? i thought they were just talking about things they might do in the next 6 months, not actually releasing new content.

Second map pack soon (looks to be smaller maps)

Team Throwdown is hitting next week with what look to be good settings

TU in the not so distance future (new map pack release most likely) That nerfs boltshot kill range and fixes some bugs (only partial info full info drop will most likely be this coming WU)

I have no idea if you can see this post because I think you may have of ignored me.

Booties

Banned
Second map pack soon (looks to be smaller maps)

Team Throwdown is hitting next week with what look to be good settings

TU in the not so distance future (new map pack release most likely) That nerfs boltshot kill range and fixes some bugs (only partial info full info drop will most likely be this coming WU)

I have no idea if you can see this post because I think you may have of ignored me.

Nah I don't really read anyone's posts while take offense if I feel I don't get quoted enough. I thought the TU already happened or something. Hopefully these new small maps aren't bad. Though I won't buy them because it seems less people play halo 4 than halo 3/reach which means less buy maps which means I'll play them less and less.

B.net is moving swimmingly for me. Are pages loading slowly for you guys?

Whatever they have done, my machine seems to be struggling with it. Hope they sort out what's causing those problems before all the Destiny info hits.

New maps look pretty, nice to finally have some new aesthetics.

Also its a shame about Over's ban - would be quite interesting having him around for the destiny talk.

Ghazi

Nah I don't really read anyone's posts while take offense if I feel I don't get quoted enough. I thought the TU already happened or something. Hopefully these new small maps aren't bad. Though I won't buy them because it seems less people play halo 4 than halo 3/reach which means less buy maps which means I'll play them less and less.
tbh, the Crimson maps actually show up pretty frequently in the map options. Most of the people who have the Season Pass got it from the LE while riding 'dat pre release hype I'm guessing so it's not like no one will have them.

Booties

Banned
tbh, the Crimson maps actually show up pretty frequently in the map options. Most of the people who have the Season Pass got it from the LE while riding 'dat pre release hype I'm guessing so it's not like no one will have them.

I guess that really is the only way to guarantee people will buy the maps, but I feel all those people are likely to buy them anyway. Crimson is the first map pack I didn't buy. I know I'm not the only one. Unless 343 really redeems themselves I don't see many people buying a map pass again.

Speak for yourself, I haven't seen them in matchmaking since the first week or two of their release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing the other info he's teasing is Spartan Ops Season 2, exclusive to PS4.

---

But really though, I'm curious what they'll do with the second season, and I think that's what they'll announce this week. And if there is a second season, but I think it's more likely than unlikely at this point.

kylej

Banned
I dunno why, but it kinda hit me just how short Halo 4's lifespan will be. It's weird. Some of the last big current gen releases are releasing soon which will wipe out a lot of remaining interest in this game, and by the time we get some noticeable changes and both map packs are out, E3 will be around the corner which will start that new console hype. Unique situation for a Halo game.

Here you go.
gGVSSLq.png

6NrCbKe.png

15kizVg.png

What's that flying around on skyline?

+

Doing the same thing that I did to find those images, I found the playlist picture for Majestic.

mHEjRhd.png

SO GOOD. I really, really hope the maps are fun, especially Skyline.

I dunno why, but it kinda hit me just how short Halo 4's lifespan will be. It's weird. Some of the last big current gen releases are releasing soon which will wipe out a lot of remaining interest in this game, and by the time we get some noticeable changes and both map packs are out, E3 will be around the corner which will start that new console hype. Unique situation for a Halo game.

Halo 4's lifespan was November 6-November 12.

How is the BR the worst precision rifle?

I would take BR starts over OP DMR starts any day...

BR spread is random, has the longest kill-time. easiest weapon to clean up kills with.

If you think the DMR is OP then you dont understand map design, or mechanics,

the BR and DMR have the same amount of Aim assist and Bullet magnetism. the DMR punishes missed shots more and the only thing that should be changed is the scope.

Akai__

BR spread is random, has the longest kill-time. easiest weapon to clean up kills with.

the BR and DMR have the same amount of Aim assist and Bullet magnetism. the DMR punishes missed shots more and the only thing that should be changed is the scope.

Yeah, must be the reason...

orznge

Banned
could you imagine people's outrage if a Halo game came out with a precision weapon that had a decent kill time and it also didn't have a hideous amount of magnetism and autoaim

Ghazi

So let me get this straight, you think that a close to mid range weapon is terrible compared to a long range weapon that has super far aim assist and bullet magnetism (though you claim otherwise) with an equal, or even, faster kill time makes someone who thinks otherwise a person who doesn't understand proper map design and mechanics? Where do you make that connection, especially in a game where both of those things aren't exactly in the highest quality (no offense lybertyboy, Frankie, and 343). The spread is contained within the crosshairs that you're given and it's relatively small and fairly accurate, those reasons along with your longer kill time claim (which I don't agree with at all) are why it's a weapon that requires more skill to use.

smh bro.

http://www.halocouncil.com/communit...alo-utility-weapon-thread-by-duji-and-k2five/

C'mon Shadders, i expect you to have more sense than that.

So let me get this straight, you think that a close to mid range weapon is terrible compared to a long range weapon that has super far aim assist and bullet magnetism (though you claim otherwise) makes someone who thinks otherwise a person who doesn't understand proper map design and mechanics? Where do you make that connection, especially in a game where both of those things aren't exactly in the highest quality (no offense lybertyboy and 343). The spread is contained within the crosshairs that you're given and it's relatively small and fairly accurate, those reasons along with your longer kill time claim (which I don't agree with at all) are why it's a weapon that requires more skill to use.

smh bro.
See above link

HTupolev

http://www.halocouncil.com/communit...alo-utility-weapon-thread-by-duji-and-k2five/

C'mon Shadders, i expect you to have more sense than that.

See above link

...Doesn't that thread support Shadder's point? The thing has great kill times, is easy to use with strong magnetism even at long ranges. Reach's DMR, by contrast, was mitigated over range by much higher amounts of bloom. Bloom which, while it didn't necessarily feel good, and while it had a mild random component if the guy you were fighting decided to trigger spam, arguably makes more sense than Halo 4's "basically do nothing" approach.

(RIP projectiles :/ )

Shadders

The link is talking about hypothetical minimums, in reality not every bullet from the BR would hit at any sort of range, the DMR has killer accuracy across most maps. So in most circumstances will have a better average kill time than the BR.

I actually really enjoy using the DMR, I just don't think it should be a spawn weapon.

That said, I preferred AR starts in H3, so what do I know?

Here you go.
gGVSSLq.png

6NrCbKe.png

15kizVg.png

What's that flying around on skyline?

WOW! Those are the best looking maps so far! The first one still seems like it's channelling the Pit.

Skyline looks like one of the coolest backdrops in a Halo environment since ODST.

Good stuff. I already bought the LE, so I'll be getting them day one.

--

Also, Destiny easter eggs in Halo 5, and Halo easter eggs in Destiny please! I wanna see some nods ;)

Top Bottom