• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Woorloog

Banned
Is the BR people's weapon of choice in SWAT? I find it makes it easier to get headshots because of the spread.

The Magnum is my choice of weapon in SWAT. Very fast ROF, the first shot is percfectly accurate always.
Very good in close quarters, equal with DMR and BR at long range (well, arguably DMR's scope gives advantage at very long range BUT SWAT maps are not that large).

I use BR if i'm not using the Magnum.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The Magnum is my choice of weapon in SWAT. Very fast ROF, the first shot is percfectly accurate always.
Very good in close quarters, equal with DMR and BR at long range (well, arguably DMR's scope gives advantage at very long range BUT SWAT maps are not that large).

I use BR if i'm not using the Magnum.

SWAT + Abandon = Magnum

IHaveIce

Banned
The DMR is OP in the sense of it being in a choice of other starting weapons, every other weapon has their real weakness, right now I don't think the DMR's bloom is really harming it.

It is still easy as shit to use in close range, it is good at long range( valhalla may cry) and has still a good ROF.

It isn't OP that it needs to be removed from the game but it could be a good weapon on the map with BR spawns or it has to be altered a little bit.

Dirtbag

Swat is no measure of a weapons balance.

DMR is the easiest rifle to get kills with in any halo game. The range vs. player movement speeds is absurd. It dongs the BR / Carbine. How is it even debatable?

Ghazi

If the DMR was a map pickup then I'd be fine with it, BR starts in this game is so much better.

Edit: Also, it's really annoying sometimes when people use the magnum because they just spam the fire button and hope for a headshot, it really throws me off sometimes because I like to scope in a lot and aim precisely, expecting to be descoped and get the headshot. But no, I just get flinched all of over the place until I get killed or headshot. Alas poor descoping, I knew him well.

Have not recorded the interview yet. We'll probably record it this coming week. Just trying to iron out all the details.

No probs, take your time. I just wasn't sure if I'd missed an update on it/it though I've been checking the HaloGAF website and I'm subbed on iTunes.

Woorloog

Banned
SWAT + Abandon = Magnum

SO. GOOD!

I just walked around the map, shooting the other team, walking onward, shooting them again... Then i go across the map, and shoot them in to faces.
So good.

EDIT when i say walk, i mean it. Well, move normally. Anyway, i never sprint in SWAT. Too risky, better to have my weapon at the ready ALWAYS.

GrizzNKev

Banned
SO. GOOD!

I just walked around the map, shooting the other team, walking onward, shooting them again... Then i go across the map, and shoot them in to faces.
So good.

EDIT when i say walk, i mean it. Well, move normally. Anyway, i never sprint in SWAT. Too risky, better to have my weapon at the ready ALWAYS.

Precisely. Sprinting in SWAT will get you blasted. Walk, Magnum, Win.

Released

While the DMR is too easy to use, the alternative has random spread and the slowest kill time of any precision rifle in the series. The H4 BR has no place in competitive Halo.

Moa

Yea, unless it's a different one from what I'm thinking. Pretty sure it's there to set min and max sniper amount on the map.

It is the one on one of the 'tree trunks' off the cliff on the beach area, it is possible to pick it up in Infinity Doubles and fly back up with a Jetpack, some guy on Ninja's stream just showed him how to do it, and he had like 700+ viewers at the time.

Might need to be hidden fully out of bounds.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It is the one on one of the 'tree trunks' off the cliff on the beach area, it is possible to pick it up in Infinity Doubles and fly back up with a Jetpack, some guy on Ninja's stream just showed him how to do it, and he had like 700+ viewers at the time.

Might need to be hidden fully out of bounds.

Oh jetpack, why you make things so difficult?

Yea that's meant to be there but obviously not picked up. Thanks for the heads up.

blamite

Here you go.
gGVSSLq.png

6NrCbKe.png

15kizVg.png

What's that flying around on skyline?

These actually look pretty neat! Skyline does kind of look more like a Mass Effect city than a Halo one, but after how boring looking New Alexandria was I think I'm okay with that.

I just hope Landfall is the bigger of the three, aesthetically it's the one I'd like to play least often.

I just realized:

Do the low-detail geometric blocks that make up the buildings with basic light textures on Skyline

15kizVg.png

Remind anyone else of the Fourside stage from Melee?

468px-Stages_fourside.jpg

Man... the frame drops in CE: A just make me so sad :( I know it's probably the most unlikely thing ever, but I really hope that some time in the future I can play that game at 60fps and with some AA, because aside from that the game is absolutely gorgeous, and pretty much perfection. I feel compelled to play it all the time, as it's still my favourite Halo campaign. There's no direct, level-by-level progression like this in any other Halo game, imo:

Halo > Truth and Reconciliation > The Silent Cartographer > Assault on the Control Room

I dunno why, but it kinda hit me just how short Halo 4's lifespan will be. It's weird. Some of the last big current gen releases are releasing soon which will wipe out a lot of remaining interest in this game, and by the time we get some noticeable changes and both map packs are out, E3 will be around the corner which will start that new console hype. Unique situation for a Halo game.

Let's not forget, Halo 2 seemed to do well even after the 360 released.

I just realized:

Do the low-detail geometric blocks that make up the buildings with basic light textures on Skyline

http://i.imgur.com/15kizVg.png[img]

Remind anyone else of the Fourside stage from Melee?

[img]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/super-smash-bros-melee/thumb/7/7a/Stages_fourside.jpg/468px-Stages_fourside.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Yup lol

Yeah but what competition did Halo 2 have honestly? It was the best pretty much (arguably) up until Gears.

This.

Halo 2 remained relevant because it was uncontested. Call of Duty 2 had a poor player base. PDZ never really hit it off. Halo 2 was Hype then it was a massive force it steamrolled launch titles.

This generation begun in an online capacity with Gears but it never really cemented itself until Halo 3/CoD4

Um is this guy in the Destiny thread implying that the Destiny ViDoc trailer leaked earlier today for a little bit?

Probably still is. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I don't follow destiny and the video wasnt that special. It might've only been a preview, I don't know. It was 5 minutes, some stuff about iPhone, how great multiplayer is at extending gameplay, a bunch of animated concept art (the part I thought was cool until I learned there was some "fan" video with the same stuff. Hence I posted it in response to stills of the same art) and few small gameplay clips. No real info or anything

He was the one that posted the animated concept art gif.

Woorloog

Banned
Um is this guy in the Destiny thread implying that the Destiny ViDoc trailer leaked earlier today for a little bit?

He was the one that posted the animated concept art gif.

Based on that, the Vidoc, if real, won't contain anything really. Just like i thought, talk a lot, show some stuff but keep quiet about actual gameplay, story etc.
Won't sell the game to me...

I thought the animated concept arts were fan-made?

Toa TAK

Banned
This.

Halo 2 remained relevant because it was uncontested. Call of Duty 2 had a poor player base. PDZ never really hit it off. Halo 2 was Hype then it was a massive force it steamrolled launch titles.

This generation begun in an online capacity with Gears but it never really cemented itself until Halo 3/CoD4

I agree with this. Even with Gears out I, personally, didn't know many people with that game. We were all still playing Halo 2. It was only when 2007 arrived that I feel Xbox Live really kicked off on the 360.

Based on that, the Vidoc, if real, won't contain anything really. Just like i thought, talk a lot, show some stuff but keep quiet about actual gameplay, story etc.
Won't sell the game to me...

I thought the animated concept arts were fan-made?

If real then a 5 min video is kind of on the short side. Hopefully it comes alongside a big ass press release.

Ghazi

So what sensitivity do you guys generally play on? I used to play default, but after Halo 4 came out I wanted to make the jump to 9 so I started playing Sensitivity Practice Ops and I got used to it. But watching Ninja play on 4 makes me see some shots that I definitely could never pull off on a 9.

AT&T Uverse.

Well there's your first problem.

Karl2177

Halo 3 with Dan
Awesome read. Great insight into some of the creation for Halo 3. And happy belated birthday!

So we'll be exploring that city in Halo 4: ODST 2 right?

What sort of statistics?
I'd love to see stuff on the most played episodes, the number of solo games vs. co-op games, stats on kills that players get and deaths that they have, etc. Some more nitty-gritty ones would be like where are players dying the most or how many people started versus people completing it.

BR spread is random, has the longest kill-time. easiest weapon to clean up kills with.

If you think the DMR is OP then you dont understand map design, or mechanics,

the BR and DMR have the same amount of Aim assist and Bullet magnetism. the DMR punishes missed shots more and the only thing that should be changed is the scope.
It's like I'm talking to a crazy train all over again.

HaloGAF is haggard because so many dislike H4. This thread is seriously 75% shit talking 343 and Halo 4. Regardless of whether it's justified or not, it's just how it is. My hope is that Destiny will pull away those HaloGAF members who don't play the game but just come in here to talk shit.

But yea I agree that most other established GAF groups are more welcoming. SC2 and Dota2 have been really cool with me.
The way this is worded makes it seem like HaloGAF likes to dislike Halo 4, and I know that's not your intent. But I can pretty much guarantee that's not the case. Just speaking for myself here, but I want that game that I can sit down and play with other people for hours on end again and then come to the forums and talk about the hell of a great time that I just had. Look at Dax's "Halo 3 with Dan" post. Look at the picture stories in the Halo 3 thread. You just don't have those moments in Halo 4 and it sucks to not have those moments. So when people come back to the forums, what are they to post about? Things that were okay or things that weren't fun and could be addressed?

Omni

New maps look interesting.

Disappointing to think about how the backdrops are more likely going to be shitty .jpgs rather than something Bungie would have built. But the art-style is nice to look at.

Kibbles

So what sensitivity do you guys generally play on? I used to play default, but after Halo 4 came out I wanted to make the jump to 9 so I started playing Sensitivity Practice Ops and I got used to it. But watching Ninja play on 4 makes me see some shots that I definitely could never pull off on a 9.

Well there's your first problem.

We only got 2 interwebs here in my Milwaukee suburb, AT&T Uverse or Time Warner. :(

I play on 4 on pretty much all the Halos.

Disappointing to think about how the backdrops are more likely going to be shitty .jpgs rather than something Bungie would have built. But the art-style is nice to look at.
The multiplayer maps in Halo 4 generally have good backgrounds?
The Spartan Ops backgrounds are pretty bad though...

DeadNames

Banned

The only one that's truly an evident jpg is Harvest. And even then it's not too bad.

Top Bottom