• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei SYNCHRONICITY PROLOGUE released (free PC 2D platformer)

It's so nice to see demons recontextualized like this. And there are nothing but demons here! <3

I hope this becomes a thing, and not just for Metroidvanias either.

Opa-Pa

OMG. Is there an animated sprite of your avatar?

Not that I've seen, but I'd be surprised if one or two didn't pop up on Tumblr or Twitter today. The idle animation is so good!

It's so nice to see demons recontextualized like this. And there are nothing but demons here! <3

I hope this becomes a thing, and not just for Metroidvanias either.

I adore that this being a light hearted take on demons and demons only guarantees that the game doesn't have any of the art style issues modern SMT has, it's glorious.

Personally, I'd love a Mystery Dungeon spinoff with more chibi demons.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Completed the game and got the map 100% but still missing one thing.

Does anyone know where the 4th ring piece is in Stage 1, it's the only thing I'm missing and I've looked everywhere lol

Completed the game and got the map 100% but still missing one thing.

Does anyone know where the 4th ring piece is in Stage 1, it's the only thing I'm missing and I've looked everywhere lol
In the beginning area of the game, there's 2 ice blocks, burn them and there's a little pit where they are. Did you find that?

MaLDo

Steam icon

synchro2rpbv.jpg

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
In the beginning area of the game, there's 2 ice blocks, burn them and there's a little pit where they are. Did you find that?

Yup! That was it :) Thanks!

I think the reason I missed it before is because
I was usually Pyro Jack when melting and would hover over that area lol

So now legit 100% complete, hurray! :D

Got it running with the English patch. It's really nice, but 2 questions:

• How long is this prologue game?
  • How do you save? I didn't see any options to do so in the menu.

Opa-Pa

Got it running with the English patch. It's really nice, but 2 questions:

• How long is this prologue game?
  • How do you save? I didn't see any options to do so in the menu.

Around 3 hours, and the green rooms are the save rooms. You just press up while standing in the center.

Top Bottom