• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italia GAF |OT| La terra dei cachi

Somax

I did not know so many gaffers were from Italy, really!

Well, looking at the miserable status of italian technology and video games sites/forums, I should not be so surprised, but nonetheless I expected less italians. :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm in Australia but my mum is from Martone in Calabria. I doubt anyone else on gaf is from there. I've been back to Italy once and am hoping to go back next year with my wife. I've never been to a place with as much charisma as Italy.

gabbre

Breakfast of champions

Crepes-nutella-cacaobug.jpg

Sono indeciso su come impostare il mio topic sulle elezioni, faccio una cosa informativa tipo quello sulle presidenziali francesi o la butto sulla nostra tipica simpatia che all'estero tutti ci invidiano?
Informativo, alle buffonate ci pensano gli altri

nickcv

i find it amusing how many of you guys want to move to italy while most of us are looking for an escape plan!

if anyone in the US is willing to switch place i'm available =P

I wonder if any gaffers are from Cosenza. Most of my family lives in and around there. Mom and grandparents born in Rogliano. I wanna go back after I graduate. Its been a few years and I miss it so much. :(

Somax

i find it amusing how many of you guys want to move to italy while most of us are looking for an escape plan!

if anyone in the US is willing to switch place i'm available =P

There's no doubt that Italy looks fine from the outside.
The situation starts smelling like shit when you live here for a long time... :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Credo di essere l'unico Italiano su Gaf di Taranto.
Sì, QUELLA Taranto, quella dell'Ilva, degli scioperi, dei 10.000 operai che rischiano il lavoro, della diossina imperante, di Sarah Scazzi, delle truffe automobilistiche che fanno impennare le assicurazioni. Eh vabbè. XD

Hello Italy-gaf, just flying by to say I fucking love your country :D I was married in Florence last year and can't wait to go back this year!

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Calabrese represent.

Come on man! At least add gnocchi to the foods in the OP. And some more on southern Italy! South Italy is best Italy. ~_~

I'm from Serra San Bruno, Calabria. :D

I wonder if any gaffers are from Cosenza. Most of my family lives in and around there. Mom and grandparents born in Rogliano. I wanna go back after I graduate. Its been a few years and I miss it so much. :(

Yes! It's about 120km from my village.

http://ladistanza.it/Serra-San-Bruno/Cosenza

I lived in Rome for 3 months. It was amazing.

Sandwiches at Lo Zozzone.
Meatball and pasta at Sora Margarita.
Drinks in the Campo de Fiori.
Cappuccino at Sant Eustachio.

Dat carciofi alla giudia.
Dat fiore di zucchine.
Dat cacio e pepe.

One of the best place to eat in one of the most wonderful cities of the world. My wife and I spend most of our holidays in Italy. Also best coffee ever, regardless of where you are. If only one could find decent bread and desserts (besides ice cream)...

eso76

...Credo di essere l'unico Italiano su Gaf di Taranto.
Sì, QUELLA Taranto, quella dell'Ilva, degli scioperi, dei 10.000 operai che rischiano il lavoro, della diossina imperante, di Sarah Scazzi, delle truffe automobilistiche che fanno impennare le assicurazioni. Eh vabbè. XD

E delle cozze !

piatto-di-cozze.jpeg

E di citemmuert' !

porta_scherzo.gif

E della puccia !

PUCCIA2.jpg

edit: damn, i could really use a puccia right now

RJT

Hey guys,

Seems like a good thread to ask: I'm Portuguese, but I've been to Rome 4 or 5 times, and I'm going there again in a month. What hidden treasure should I look for this time?

Another question: tried to go to Domus Romane (Palazzo Valentini) but couldn't. Is it worth it?

Thanks

Korez

Obviously !

When football arrived here in Italy my greatgrandfather soon became a fan of the sport and here in Rome in 1900 there was only one team: Lazio ! (asroma was created by the fascist party in 1927)
He passed on his great love for Lazio to my grandfather, who then passed it on to my father.
So being Romano de Roma, I can only be a Lazio fan :p
Irridux da Gamesvillage con furore.
KuGsj.gif

Presente dalla lontana Calabria :p

Hey guys,

Seems like a good thread to ask: I'm Portuguese, but I've been to Rome 4 or 5 times, and I'm going there again in a month. What hidden treasure should I look for this time?

Another question: tried to go to Domus Romane (Palazzo Valentini) but couldn't. Is it worth it?

Thanks

I'm not roman, but if you haven't try to see the Domus Aurea before it collapses.

Edit: scratch that, it's closed down for restoration.

Hey guys,

Thanks

I'm neither Roman nor Italian but, as was said earlier, go eat there :

Sora Margherita
Piazza delle Cinque Scole, 30

Get a strawberry ice cream there : http://www.fiordiluna.com/ (Roma, via della Lungaretta 96)

I also like :
- Le Mani i pasta, via dei Genovesi, 37 (fantastic antipasti!)
- Roma Sparita, piazza di Cecilia (great cacio e pepe and spaghetti alle vongole)

If you've been to Rome many times you've surely visited the Galleria Borghese, I'm mentionning it just in case you haven't because in my opinion there is no place on earth with so many masterpieces per square meter (and you have to book your visit).

And finally it's no more hidden than the above but Terme di Caracalla make a very nice (and impressive) stroll.

eso76

rotfl.
Perchè citemmuert'? Non è esattamente un invito ad entrare nel locale...

Ah, non lo so, io ci ho mangiato una volta ma sto in toscana !
Locale particolare, il proprietario a un certo punto è venuto a imboccare la mia ragazza perché stava perdendo tempo a chiacchierare invece di mangiare :)

For non-italian speakers, it's a rather peculiar restaurant. We once ate there, at one point the owner came out to spoon-feed my girlfriend, telling her she was talking too much instead of eating, and her food was getting cold.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
E delle cozze !

piatto-di-cozze.jpeg

E di citemmuert' !

porta_scherzo.gif

E della puccia !

PUCCIA2.jpg

edit: damn, i could really use a puccia right now

MAI avrei pensato di vedere su Neogaf la locandina del Citemmuert'. Abito a San Vito tra l'altro, quindi abbastanza vicino a dove si trova il locale. Ci andai anche una volta qualche anno fa...molto "caratteristico" all'epoca (probabilmente è ancora così, ma non ne sono sicuro), con i camerieri che parlavano in dialetto e avevano licenza di trattarti male :lol

English translation: I would have NEVER imagined to see Citemmuert's flier on Neogaf. I'm from San Vito, so I live pretty near to the restaurant. I went there some years ago... very "peculiar" at the time (probably it's still like that, but I don't know for sure), with waiters talking in dialect and actually allowed to mock at you :lol

eso76

When I'm in Rome I often go to luzzi, a small restaurant near the Colosseum.
It's nothing special, tbh, but the food is decent/good, typical, and despite being near Rome's most famous landmark, it's not the tourist trap you'd expect to find there.
Plus the (brazilian iirc) waiter is funny, cute and flirted with me all night.

I'm from Serra San Bruno, Calabria. :D

Yes! It's about 120km from my village.

http://ladistanza.it/Serra-San-Bruno/Cosenza
Awesome man! I think I remember you saying you were from there in another thread. Might have been the euro cup thread last year or somewhere else. I haven't ventured that far south. Furthest south I've been is Lamezia Terme. I've flown out of there a few times. I'm making it my mission to venture further south next time I visit.

Roklie

MAI avrei pensato di vedere su Neogaf la locandina del Citemmuert'. Abito a San Vito tra l'altro, quindi abbastanza vicino a dove si trova il locale. Ci andai anche una volta qualche anno fa...molto "caratteristico" all'epoca (probabilmente è ancora così, ma non ne sono sicuro), con i camerieri che parlavano in dialetto e avevano licenza di trattarti male :lol

English translation: I would have NEVER imagined to see Citemmuert's flier on Neogaf. I'm from San Vito, so I live pretty near to the restaurant. I went there some years ago... very "peculiar" at the time (probably it's still like that, but I don't know for sure), with waiters talking in dialect and actually allowed to mock at you :lol
In che senso scusa hanno il diritto di trattare male i loro clienti? :D E i clienti come reagiscono se non sono a conoscenza di questa "tradizione"?

//In what way can they treat badly their clients? And how do the clients react if they're not aware of this tradition?

In che senso scusa hanno il permesso di trattare male i loro clienti? :D E i clienti come reagiscono se non sono a conoscenza di questa "tradizione"?

//In what way can they treat badly their clients? And how do the clients react if they're not aware of this tradition?

I imagine it's a bit like the famous Parolaccia in Rome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_lKIIYhJg

But being from Liguria, this "service" is pretty much already included wherever you go :)

Volodja

My oh my, an Italy thread on GAF, I was gonna say something in italian, but it's kind of weird since I haven't used it in a forum for years now.
Here in Turin it has just stopped snowing, it can be quite beautiful in the evening with the white all around.

Then the day after comes and the snow has turned black and hard and walking around is a pain.

neos

My oh my, an Italy thread on GAF, I was gonna say something in italian, but it's kind of weird since I haven't used it in a forum for years now.
Here in Turin it has just stopped snowing, it can be quite beautiful in the evening with the white all around.

Then the day after comes and the snow has turned black and hard and walking around is a pain.
Same here, just stopped snowing.

Fa uno sforzo e scrivi qualcosa nella tua lingua madre!

Ironmask

Sono indeciso su come impostare il mio topic sulle elezioni, faccio una cosa informativa tipo quello sulle presidenziali francesi o la butto sulla nostra tipica simpatia che all'estero tutti ci invidiano?

Possiamo avere un thread divertente in cui ci prendiamo per il culo per le rispettive idee? in Italia è già presa troppo seriamente la politica per quello che sono realmente i nostri politic...

Can we have a 4-chan style thread were we call each other for our political idiocy? Politics is already taken too serious here for what our politicians are really worth

edit: Siena born/Brindisi and Basilicata raised/Bologna and Calabria living-GAF here

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Awesome man! I think I remember you saying you were from there in another thread. Might have been the euro cup thread last year or somewhere else. I haven't ventured that far south. Furthest south I've been is Lamezia Terme. I've flown out of there a few times. I'm making it my mission to venture further south next time I visit.
Yeah, I think it was the Euro Cup thread. :D I haven't been in my home village for quite some time now. It's a very small one but has about eight churches and a somewhat famous monastery. It's worth a visit when you're around. Where do you currently live?

UrbanRats

I think it'd be constructive to write every italian post in english, too.

First of all, it would give the mods an easier time, monitoring the discussion (AFAIK, there is no italian speaking mod)
Second of all, it would be useful for anyone who wanted to get accustomed with the language itself.

Just my 2 cents, though.

Also subscribed. :p

Troll

Banned
I think it'd be constructive to write every italian post in english, too.

First of all, it would give the mods an easier time, monitoring the discussion (AFAIK, there is no italian speaking mod)
Second of all, it would be useful for anyone who wanted to get accustomed with the language itself.

Just my 2 cents, though.

Also subscribed. :p

Did you guys hear that?

We can basically do whatever we want!

Top Bottom