• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Ugh having a hard time with that 70k revenue mission. I have two booster probes and 1 duplicator probe.

Taking off all of my mining and storage probes gets me to around 50k. Anyone have some probe layout ideas?

It really sucks that there are tyrants locked behind weather. Especially when the kill is required for the map segment. Spammed fast travel a lot but just not getting fog in Noctilum. Also seemingly never getting rain in Oblivia.

Ran also to the inventory size limit, which kinda sucks but I guess it was to be expected not to be infinite.

I have not had too much trouble with weather
don't fast travel use return to Skell just have the Skell at a spot you want so saves walking from probe spot

Rains in the morning so time of day helps speed that up

often it only takes 2 return to Skell to get the weather I want if I guessed the time of day
what time of day would you expect Fog? I guessed and got it

electro storms is early morning there is a Tyrant for that

Brimstone has 2 tyrants during day time

It is not really bad with return to Skell

jonjonaug

Trying to get White Cometites for Lin's affinity mission. Do I seriously have to wait for my FrontierNav stuff to mine it randomly?? I feel like this could take forever. I've put mining probes where you can get the white cometities but I've got 3/5 so far.

I've just been doing random missions while I wait.

Yeah. It's annoying, but I think the point here is to press upon the players not to neglect their probe placement.

jonjonaug

Ugh having a hard time with that 70k revenue mission. I have two booster probes and 1 duplicator probe.

Taking off all of my mining and storage probes gets me to around 50k. Anyone have some probe layout ideas?

Look for multiple probe spots on your layout with found points of interest linked together. Put a duplicator probe on one connected to at least three other positions that also has points of interest on it. Put research probes over adjacent positions that also have points of interest on them, and booster probes on adjacent positions that do not.

Ah yes, the ancient RNG technique of "complaining on an internet forum". I got 4 in one fell swoop. Annoying design, but yeah as you said it teaches you to pay attention to probes.

Also I wish the text wasn't so small. It makes playing on the gamepad an eyesore.

Chaos17

Couldn't get this at launch but ended up receiving it for Christmas to my surprise.
I'm quite the rpg fan and loved the first Xenoblade however this one is quite overwhelming and, being quite the perfectionist, I am deathly afraid to skip important missables.

Should I do as many quests as possible before going on with the story? Should I level up alot to do affinity quests before they disappear? Do they disappear? Anything important I should do before ruining everything in general?

I am only at chapter 4 for the moment.

Yeah, before advancing the story try to do as many as you can normal and affinity missions because they will be usually at your level.
So you won't have to grind.
Be sure to change regulary your party members during missions to level up their affinity.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Honestly, that sounds a bit low for chapter 8. It's pretty tough.

You can now get a lvl 30 skell (the first one is lvl 20) which is a lot more powerful and as such, makes it possible to kill a lot more powerful enemies. For now you can give your first skell to a teammate and get lvl 30 skells to them when they hit 30 too.

See places with enemy skells, they're pretty weak even on higher levels but tend to give a lot of exp.

Pretty much what I've been doing for days now (i.e. do other stuff in the area), but RNG just doesn't want it to happen.

I bought a Skell for myself (it was a Medium, I think), but even with that and the Lv. 20, I've struggled with stuff like Phog's Affinity Mission.

Which places have enemy Skells? Do you mean like the ones in Oblivia?

Some Nobody

This game can be overwhelming, but ultimately I only struggle with:
- the fact that drops are random, which should NEVER happen. If you ask me to collect something, when I accept the mission, I should be able to go and collect that thing immediately, not rely on RNG.
- the higher-level monsters being both plentiful and so aggressive. Makes traversal a pain.

Everything else just requires you to immerse yourself deeper into the world, though admittedly the game telling you where to find certain enemies would be nice.

finalflame

Is there a better way to find arbitrary collectibles than to look it up online? I kind of hate it when a quest gives me "Collect X of Y obscure thing", with no additional details, and basically I don't want to search the entire landmass of Mira for said thing, so I just google it or ask you guys where to find it.

Is there a better way to do this? Feels like cheating, but I don't see anywhere in the game that catalogues/helps explain where to find certain things, and the names surely aren't descriptive of where they're found..

-Horizon-

woooooow alex you dickface
he killed like 3 nopon in that cutscene already! D:<

please tell me we can actually finish him off later, the jerk ran off somehow

I have not had too much trouble with weather
don't fast travel use return to Skell just have the Skell at a spot you want so saves walking from probe spot

Rains in the morning so time of day helps speed that up

often it only takes 2 return to Skell to get the weather I want if I guessed the time of day
what time of day would you expect Fog? I guessed and got it

electro storms is early morning there is a Tyrant for that

Brimstone has 2 tyrants during day time

It is not really bad with return to Skell
Yeah I figured the time thing but hasn't really worked so far. That's RNG, you may have got it easy and in average it's probably fine for people, but then there are those who have a lot of problems with it.

Can you specify what you mean by not using fast travel but returning to skell? I don't see any difference there really.

I bought a Skell for myself (it was a Medium, I think), but even with that and the Lv. 20, I've struggled with stuff like Phog's Affinity Mission.

Which places have enemy Skells? Do you mean like the ones in Oblivia?
Yeah those ganglion mechs that you fight in chapter 5 (if I remember correctly). Multiple bases having them in Oblivia but with varying levels. There are also some at Cauldros right near to where you enter the region. They're like lvl 45 so they're probably hard to take down if you don't have decent weaponry, but if you have that or all of your teammates with lvl 30 skells, it's really easy.

Anyway, a couple of levels for them shouldn't take that long.

You could also try scouting a lvl 60 dude and kill higher lvl stuff that way.

Is there a better way to find arbitrary collectibles than to look it up online? I kind of hate it when a quest gives me "Collect X of Y obscure thing", with no additional details, and basically I don't want to search the entire landmass of Mira for said thing, so I just google it or ask you guys where to find it.

Is there a better way to do this? Feels like cheating, but I don't see anywhere in the game that catalogues/helps explain where to find certain things, and the names surely aren't descriptive of where they're found..
There are at least a couple of NPCs in NLA who tell the locations of a few rare collectibles (for example the Blade woman near to where Doug is), but overall, no, there's really no way to know the locations.

It's really stupid the collectopedia doesn't tell it either once you've got at least 1 of the thing.

lol.

Found the entrance to the giant sphere in Sylvalum and promptly noped the fuck out of there after getting the scenic view. Cant wait to fight that guy....in like 10 levels.

Wheres the second sightseeing spot on FN 414? One is inside the sphere. Cant find the second one at all.

Malus

Sooooo any ideas on how to beat that Tyrant for Off the Record Archaeological or should I just grind to 60?

Well, I took a <strike>two</strike>1.5 weeks break from this game (mainly because I was heavily editing gameplay footage on how to find Weeping Whitewood); now it's time to get back into the game again. :)

lol.

Found the entrance to the giant sphere in Sylvalum and promptly noped the fuck out of there after getting the scenic view. Cant wait to fight that guy....in like 10 levels.

Wheres the second sightseeing spot on FN 414? One is inside the sphere. Cant find the second one at all.
Entrance?

Theres an entrance?

The fuck?

Need to explore it more

Look for multiple probe spots on your layout with found points of interest linked together. Put a duplicator probe on one connected to at least three other positions that also has points of interest on it. Put research probes over adjacent positions that also have points of interest on them, and booster probes on adjacent positions that do not.

Thanks! I was able to get to 70k+ after prioritizing spots with 2 viewpoints with B or higher revenue. Also made sure I discovered all the points in the places I did place probes in.

Entrance?

Theres an entrance?

The fuck?

Need to explore it more

Yup. Randomly stumbled upon it while trying to find the viewpoints in that area.

The second viewpoint near the sphere is a fucking deathtrap though. I had to park my skells far away and Solid Snake my way in. I never pressed "Return to Skell" so harder than in that instance lol.

I need this Frontier Nav to refresh soon so I can make Tobias eat shit

woooooow alex you dickface
he killed like 3 nopon in that cutscene already! D:<

please tell me we can actually finish him off later, the jerk ran off somehow

Yeah, he has his own chain of missions. You'll meet him again soon enough.

But yeah, that was fucked up.

- the fact that drops are random, which should NEVER happen. If you ask me to collect something, when I accept the mission, I should be able to go and collect that thing immediately, not rely on RNG.
- the higher-level monsters being both plentiful and so aggressive. Makes traversal a pain.

Everything else just requires you to immerse yourself deeper into the world, though admittedly the game telling you where to find certain enemies would be nice.

I actually liked that part of the game. Makes going from point A to point B much more interesting. Trying to get to your destinations without getting killed is half the fun. There have been instances early on where I had to wait until a monster finished patrol so I could run past a section. Sometimes you have to take the long way as well, jumping over mountains and getting creative.

Voliko

Got a skell at lvl 30 after ~37 hours and I've just been wrecking shit that used to be way out of my league, leveled up to 36 crazy fast. Feels like I broke the game. I can't imagine a party of 4 skells! End-game can't come sooner honestly.

The skell combat certainly feels more limited than ground combat. Sort of like another Takahashi game...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got a skell at lvl 30 after ~37 hours and I've just been wrecking shit that used to be way out of my league, leveled up to 36 crazy fast. Feels like I broke the game. I can't imagine a party of 4 skells! End-game can't come sooner honestly.

The skell combat certainly feels more limited than ground combat. Sort of like another Takahashi game...

Did you add in other weapons to get arts?

Also, at that level you can get everyone a skell.

The beauty of xenoblade games. Enter a place. See a bad guy. Target them to see them way higher than you. Then you just go nope and leave.

Or in my case. See how you fare and end up being destroyed

Hylian7

Is there some easy way to find the probe site once you get in the right hexagon on the map if you can't see the beam of light? I'm trying to open up Chapter 4 and need to have 15% of Primordia explored, and some of the probe sites I just can't find.

zroid

Banned
The Skell combat just feels kinda clunky and boring after the crazy combos, secondary cooldowns, and sliding around, etc. of ground combat.

maybe that will change to some degree as I unlock better Skell gear though

Apologies if someone has already answered this, but is this game a significant improvement over the first Xenoblade game where it's worth skipping straight to this new one? The Wii game has been on my list for ages, and now I'm trying to decide between completing them both in release order or just jumping on Chronicles X first to enjoy the beautiful graphics.
(I know the stories are separate).

zroid

Banned
Apologies if someone has already answered this, but is this game a significant improvement over the first Xenoblade game where it's worth skipping straight to this new one? The Wii game has been on my list for ages, and now I'm trying to decide between completing them both in release order or just jumping on Chronicles X first to enjoy the beautiful graphics.

the battle system is largely an evolution for the better, but other than that they are pretty different games

I don't think it matters which one you play first

Dr. Worm

Banned
Is there some easy way to find the probe site once you get in the right hexagon on the map if you can't see the beam of light? I'm trying to open up Chapter 4 and need to have 15% of Primordia explored, and some of the probe sites I just can't find.

If you don't see the beam of light, it may be in a cave of some kind, or it might need you to fly up in a Skell.

There's other things you can do, like Normal Missions, to expand your percentage. Just explore as thoroughly as you can.

Fuck Tobias

7579myT.jpg

Hylian7

If you don't see the beam of light, it may be in a cave of some kind, or it might need you to fly up in a Skell.

There's other things you can do, like Normal Missions, to expand your percentage. Just explore as thoroughly as you can.

What exactly counts as "exploring" then? I walked around for hours and my exploration percentage didn't go up at all until I started putting probes down.

Malus

The original is too good to skip.

Pretty much what I've been doing for days now (i.e. do other stuff in the area), but RNG just doesn't want it to happen.

I think I had that quest for like 5 days and jumped out of my chair for joy when it finally rained in Oblivia.

Drops aren't 'totally' random to a continent; there's a pool of available per given area/hex and that is random. Once you find one item, the rest drop there too. The gathering billboard missions are mainly for people to 'auto-complete.'

Should I be upgrading every class? I like Galactic Knight, and the dual blade class is fun too.

Whenever you are in a skell, you should be swapping classes to level up the others. If not for weapons, than perhaps skills.

TheMoon

they are so vastly different and great, you simply can't skip one of the best games of the last generation.

Top Bottom