• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Bronx-Man

Banned
New York Times writer

Sopan Deb ✔ @SopanDeb
When I wrote my profile of @JinderMahal, he told me that he'd push back against writing that he felt was racist but has never felt he had to
It’s almost as if the guy that donated millions to the Trump campaign might be racist.

Good on that crowd though for having none of that bullshit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if Asuka still thinks Japanese joshi wrestling sucks or if she ground that axe all the way down.

miserable

tenor.gif

Where is this jif from? And is he wearing a Scumbag Steve hat?

Foggy

I wonder if Asuka still thinks Japanese joshi wrestling sucks or if she ground that axe all the way down.

I always thought her beef was peculiar. Going from having a rep for being stiff and wanting Suzuki to slap the shit out of her but then going to the WWE and celebrating their style. Also trashing on promotions that focused on an idol approach while she openly courted using her sex appeal. The impression I got was that she's got a big ego and she resented not being the most influential person in the room.

Ziggler has the biggest go away heat with me.

Like his gimmick could be kind of cool but because it's Dolph so it's just him whining and whining for a ten minute promo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So how bad was SmackDown?

Jinder cut a racist promo

and Rusev was gold

https://streamable.com/bcxxv

I always thought her beef was peculiar. Going from having a rep for being stiff and wanting Suzuki to slap the shit out of her but then going to the WWE and celebrating their style. Also trashing on promotions that focused on an idol approach while she openly courted using her sex appeal. The impression I got was that she's got a big ego and she resented not being the most influential person in the room.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if she likes working in WWE given that to date she's booked like God.

I think Smackdown Live peaked around EC.

Pretty much. There was a huge change in the booking to turn it into an even bigger Vince/Dunne/Hayes shitshow than RAW. Remember how nationality wasn't a thing? Now just about every non-American on the roster is heel because of it plus the only foreign face is a target for racism in a script penned by a prejudice white man.

Racist bad

It's even worse when you put it in context. The whole angle is written as though it's trying to say it's okay to be racist because brown people can also be prejudice.

Jinder cut a racist promo

and Rusev was gold

https://streamable.com/bcxxv

They're so lucky they had a good crowd for such a shitty episode.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Tbh the entire promo was silly, Jinder's character is trying to prove the WWE audience is racist by being racist himself? All whilst the audience boos and chants thats too far?

Jinder went from racist stuff to "I know you're laughing out there America, you're garbage" last week (which I thought was an alright promo).

This week was just racist stuff.

So...that's something. He's a heel though so on the most basic level of wrestling...great? I don't know how this shit with WWE works anymore. That's why I don't watch live

Edit: Lucha Underground is tonight! Last episode before Ultima Lucha Tres (I think), so that'll be fun. Ultima Lucha Tres being stretched out for a goddamn month is stupid, and El Rey is fucking stupid for it.

What can she do with stuff like this is your life or kendo stick on a pole match? Vince is the reason why she failed on the main roster not her .
They gave her a chance to say whatever the fuck she wanted on RAW Talk, and she shit the bed so terribly Booker and Lita had to tell her to start over. She has 0 command of the crowd, and has below average matches pretty often. Bayley is fucking awful. Top 5 of the worst "sports entertainers" on television.

Draxal

I think its more multifaceted then that, from what I've understood there was a "bradshaw/mauro"like problem with her.

The stardom admin basically admitted that Nanae was the reason Sareee is no longer with Seadlingggggggg.

Syder

Apparently it was TOO HOT for WWE because there's no official video of it. Which is hilarious.

Here you go.
tumblr_ow0stx1NIm1wtm1e3o1_500.png

Welp, everything we feared they'd do with Nak has come true.

That was truly awful, not funny to anyone. WWE deserve these shitty attendances. Fuck them and anyone that gives them money.

(imagine this is playing in reverse)
HAPbvrr.gif

New York Times writer

Sopan Deb ✔ @SopanDeb
When I wrote my profile of @JinderMahal, he told me that he'd push back against writing that he felt was racist but has never felt he had to

rovert @SoDuTw
If Jinder lied about racial steretying could he have lied about his very sudden physical transformation in late 2016 too?

Foggy

I think its more multifaceted then that, from what I've understood there was a "bradshaw/mauro"like problem with her.

The stardom admin basically admitted that Nanae was the reason Sareee is no longer with Seadlingggggggg.

We talking about Nanae or Asuka/Kana?

Kusagari

On some level, the Jinder stuff is kind of brilliant because you have a "foreign" heel that keeps accusing the crowd of being racist toward him proceeding to be a racist himself toward a foreign face.

But the whole thing gets far more icky when you remember racist ass Vince is writing this shit.

Pikma

Banned
New York Times writer

Sopan Deb ✔ @SopanDeb
As much as I like Jinder's real life story he's just another pathetic Yes Man in that shitty company and that's exactly why he's getting pushed by Vince, despite that racist lying fuck pretending it's up to the talent to step up.

Pikma

Banned
Cannot wait to see Jinder as just another shit road agent aka "producer" in a couple years after having earned Vince's trust by doing everything he was asked to do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why doesn't someone make a topic in OT about the WWE's race problem? someone besides me, I've done that before.

somedevil

Smackdown Viewership:

Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.510 million viewers for USA Network, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. The number was down from the 2.754 million count from last Tuesday’s edition.

Powell’s POV: The drop was expected coming off a recent high for the return of Vince McMahon, but the dip was not too significant. The September 20, 2016 edition of Smackdown delivered 2.292 million viewers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cannot wait to see Jinder as just another shit road agent aka "producer" in a couple years after having earned Vince's trust by doing everything he was asked to do.

You want to see this? Why?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I've done it before, I don't want people to think I'm just recycling content. We have plenty of people here who want to put their own touch on it as well. Making room for up and comers!

The last WWE 'cism thread I made was a fine thread and thought provoking as far as finding ways to combat racism in entertainment without diluting the message.

Foggy

Kana had heat with Nanae back in the day, and Nanae is the reason why Sareee is no longer in Seadlinnng. I'm speculating Kana might have been the Mauro.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...e_deal_with_asukas_manifesto_and_why/dgvq2ix/

https://www.reddit.com/r/stardomjoshi/comments/70lusc/nanae_takahashi_question/dn4v6yq/

Check the first response to that second link.

My understanding was that the manifesto thing she wrote didn't even reference Nanae and that it was mostly about how she disliked the style that everyone was wrestling. I don't doubt that she had beef with Nanae since most everyone has serious disdain for her except for the old guard, but I don't think it was a factor in her leaving. She had spent years not working around Nanae.

Some people think it was a work to offer herself up as a heel within WAVE and I do think that might've been the case. After all, there were multiple promotions that existed then and now that had more "realistic" approaches that she said was missing from joshi.

Edit: She was in SMASH at the time, but I do think it was a jab at WAVE, specifically

Top Bottom