• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Veedot

How would people feel if we got Xmen/Mutants but they weren't any of the usual ones (ex: no Wolverine, Storm, Magneto)? Would you be happy that Marvel isn't banning them outright or would you be upset?

I personally would be happy with this if it gave us characters like Pixie, Surge, Rockslide, Dust, Anole, Hellion, Elixer, Fantomex or Madrox. But If I know anything about X-men fans if its not the 90's crew then they can gtfo for all people care. While the fighting game fans just want the classics from past games back again (Gambit,Psylocke,Cyclops,Rougue,Cable etc).

So its understandable why they would be upset if that did happen, Hell skipping Wolverine/Storm/Mag wouldn't make sense to me either. They're put in these games for a reason. I would just like at least one modern ish mutant

Wolverine, Storm, Mags, Doom, and I'm good.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing is the HUD, new artwork, hearing the sound effects, music, and all sorts of things. I'm just so excited for Infinite.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing is the HUD, new artwork, hearing the sound effects, music, and all sorts of things. I'm just so excited for Infinite.

Yeah I hope music and sound effects this time around are good. 3 was a huge let down in that regards. The reveal trailer was promising.

TreIII

How would people feel if we got Xmen/Mutants but they weren't any of the usual ones (ex: no Wolverine, Storm, Magneto)? Would you be happy that Marvel isn't banning them outright or would you be upset?

Considering my general apathy towards the "STINKIN' MUTANTS", now-a-days? I'd honestly be glad if mutants/X-characters being on the roster meant it weren't just the same ones again for the umpteenth time (or at least ones we haven't seen in a while, like Spiral). Bump "tradition".
And besides, it's the F4 characters I care about more, anyway.

It's the same way I feel about Street Fighters, too, for that matter. If I had it my way, I'd be perfectly fine with Ryu and Chunli taking a break, so that others from that camp could lead off things for a change of pace. Even if it was another shoto instead of Ryu, like Sean, for example.

I don't really give much of a shit about X-Men characters. I like Storm, Magneto and Spiral, and the latter will never come back anyway. The F4 characters are what I care a lot more about (F4 themselves, Doom, Super Skrull, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, Wizard, possibly Kang the Conqueror... lots of cool characters there).

Wolverine as Pre-Order DLC?

Would mean Wolverine is banned from all tournaments at least until he becomes available to everyone.

I'd be perfectly fine with a Steelbook edition featuring a Season Pass. Or a code for a pair of DLC characters. Definitely don't want anything like Street Fighter V's Collector's Edition.

Neoxon

I guess Dante isn't the only one within Capcom & Marvel who names their guns.

3afVj7x.png

Sesha

Dante was a total dudebro in DMC3, him continuing to be so would not be out of the ordinary.

The only X-Men character I want is Dust, and I'm really tired of the same old X-Men, so I'd be intrigued. All of the "where's my X-Men" stuff always has me completely apathetic. If Dust got in, nothing could ruin my joy. I wouldn't say no to X-23, Surge, Fantomex, Nightcrawler or Armor either.

Dante was a total dudebro in DMC3, him continuing to be so would not be out of the ordinary.

I personally would be happy with this if it gave us characters like Pixie, Surge, Rockslide, Dust, Anole, Hellion, Elixer, Fantomex or Madrox. But If I know anything about X-men fans if its not the 90's crew then they can gtfo for all people care. While the fighting game fans just want the classics from past games back again (Gambit,Psylocke,Cyclops,Rougue,Cable etc).

So its understandable why they would be upset if that did happen, Hell skipping Wolverine/Storm/Mag wouldn't make sense to me either. They're put in these games for a reason. I would just like at least one modern ish mutant

Eyyyy.

Dahbomb

Yet they shelved it because they think people aren't buying SFxT because the fighting genre is over-saturated.
SFxT was so shitty it killed two games at once!

All this hate towards X Men... smfh. This series was built on the X Men!!! I am also a big X Men fan even outside of the VS series. So yeah gimme all them X Men.

LuuKyK

I wouldn't mind sacrificing the three of them for Psylocke tbh.

90's X-Factor would be sublime.

Havok, Polaris, Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, Forge, Random, Quicksilver, and Mystique.

Neoxon

Should be Captain and Gamora.

Rocket Raccoon can be a background character on the GOTG stage.
Captain Marvel? She's more of an Avenger than a Guardian (though she had a brief sting with the latter). Though if we were to get a third Guardian, Gamora would be my top choice.

Jawmuncher

Captain Marvel? She's more of an Avenger than a Guardian (though she had a brief sting with the latter). Though if we were to get a third Guardian, Gamora would be my top choice.

I don't know why I called Star Lord captain.
Star Lord becomes Captain Lord in the next big arc for GOTG, you read it here first.

Jawmuncher

Well Rocket have been rumored to be in the games by two or three sources so. We will see.

I wanna know how 3 sources said Rocket Raccoon was in, yet we haven't heard anything else about the roster. How did rocket "leak" out and no one else? I mean it's more than likely considering he was in MVC3, but I still find it questionable. To me it feels more like a lucky/safe guess than anyone actually knowing 100% he was in.

Neoxon

I wanna know how 3 sources said Rocket Raccoon was in, yet we haven't heard anything else about the roster. How did rocket "leak" out and no one else? I mean it's more than likely considering he was in MVC3, but I still find it questionable. To me it feels more like a lucky/safe guess than anyone actually knowing 100% he was in.
Even putting the leaks & him in UMvC3 aside, Rocket is one of the most popular members of the Guardians. I'd be shocked if they cut Rocket.

Rocket is easily the most popular GotG character hands down. Cutting him would be like cutting Iron Man if you have Avengers in the game, or Wolverine if you have X-Men in the game. It just makes no sense to give him the axe, especially considering that he is the only one that makes sense to also have a second character in his moveset (Groot of course). Star-Lord is the only one who could potentially claim that title from Rocket, and even despite Chris Pratt being fantastic and Star-Lord being the main character and leader of the Guardians, the talking raccoon with the treeman buddy is always going to be outshining him in terms of popularity. Which is also why I believe that if there's a second character in MvCI, it'll be Star-Lord. If there's only one Guardian, it'll just be Rocket returning with an upgraded moveset to include Groot.

That said, I would not be surprised if we saw a few other cosmic characters. Thanos coming back into the series would make a lot of sense, especially given his prominence in the MCU. Nova returning also wouldn't be particularly odd. And if we have Fantastic Four characters, Super-Skrull or Silver Surfer also have good cards for making it in.

Jawmuncher

Real Talk

I wouldn't be sad if there was absolutely no returning Marvel characters from MVC3 EXCEPT for Dr. Doom. Just because that guy is so fun and cheap to play as.
Too bad he seems to be one of the actuals already probably cut from returning.

Neoxon

Rocket is easily the most popular GotG character hands down. Cutting him would be like cutting Iron Man if you have Avengers in the game, or Wolverine if you have X-Men in the game. It just makes no sense to give him the axe, especially considering that he is the only one that makes sense to also have a second character in his moveset (Groot of course). Star-Lord is the only one who could potentially claim that title from Rocket, and even despite Chris Pratt being fantastic and Star-Lord being the main character and leader of the Guardians, the talking raccoon with the treeman buddy is always going to be outshining him in terms of popularity. Which is also why I believe that if there's a second character in MvCI, it'll be Star-Lord. If there's only one Guardian, it'll just be Rocket returning with an upgraded moveset to include Groot.

That said, I would not be surprised if we saw a few other cosmic characters. Thanos coming back into the series would make a lot of sense, especially given his prominence in the MCU. Nova returning also wouldn't be particularly odd. And if we have Fantastic Four characters, Super-Skrull or Silver Surfer also have good cards for making it in.
The question is which Nova. They've been trying to push Sam for years, but with little success (though his co-starring role in the current Nova book alongside Richie is going great). Marvel did let Gazillion make Richard Rider the default Nova in Marvel Heroes, so that's a good sign.

The question is which Nova. They've been trying to push Sam for years, but with little success (though his co-starring role in the current Nova book alongside Richie is going great). Marvel did let Gazillion make Richard Rider the default Nova in Marvel Heroes, so that's a good sign.

I think Marvel is coming to terms with the fact that Sam has been kind of a failure in regards to replacing Rider, which is why they've brought Rider back and what have you.

Veedot

The only X-Men character I want is Dust, and I'm really tired of the same old X-Men, so I'd be intrigued. All of the "where's my X-Men" stuff always has me completely apathetic. If Dust got in, nothing could ruin my joy. I wouldn't say no to X-23, Surge, Fantomex, Nightcrawler or Armor either.

Eyyyy.

ede7f02f5540df347dd417338d865d19.jpg

I wonder if Nova (Richard Rider's) revival would affect which Nova they would go with in MVCI if we got Nova.

I doubt the sad cancellation of the new series would affect if Nova would make it at all, but I suppose its within possibility

I agree with you both. A wall cling and a use of Spider-Sense is necessary.

He started out with his standard Web Ball, Spider Sting, Web Swing, Web Throw, and Maximum Spider.

In Marvel Vs Street Fighter, he gained the Crawler Assault.

In Marvel Vs Capcom, he gained the Ultimate Web Throw.

In Marvel Vs Capcom 3, he gained the Web Glide.

When it comes to every version of Spidey, I found MVC3 the most fun because of his Web Glide. I actually felt like I was playing Spidey. So far we've seen Iron Man with a different move and a possible change to his Repulsor, so hopefully Spidey will have some changes to make him more fun as well.

Ryce

I love when old characters get fitting new moves. I'm so glad Iron Man has the repulsor ray and wrist missile. Captain America appears to have a parry (it's different from his block animation), which is also a welcome addition. Has anyone been able to decipher what he shouts while he performs it?

Top Bottom