• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

PSqueak

Banned
I love when old characters get fitting new moves. I'm so glad Iron Man has the repulsor ray and wrist missile. Captain America appears to have a parry (it's different from his block animation), which is also a welcome addition. Has anyone been able to decipher what he shouts while he performs it?

Hmm, when i originally saw the trailer i assumed it was his Advancing Guard, but looking at it closely it seems like something different, kinda reminds me of a move Cap has in Disney Infinity in which he punches his shield to create a shockwave attack.

SaikyoBro

I wanna know how 3 sources said Rocket Raccoon was in, yet we haven't heard anything else about the roster. How did rocket "leak" out and no one else? I mean it's more than likely considering he was in MVC3, but I still find it questionable. To me it feels more like a lucky/safe guess than anyone actually knowing 100% he was in.

I might regret this post later, but to be as transparent as possible, everyone I've talked to with inside knowledge on the game knows a few bits and pieces and nothing more. And all of those bits and pieces have been exchanged very casually - regarding Rocket Raccoon in particular, there was literally a Capcom employee at the Capcom Cup afterparty mentioning him and Groot together to a handful of people.

I don't think there are many people outside the company who know the full roster or any other significant details. There's a reason that all kinds of rumors and hints were floating around in December and that no one has really had anything to say since - Capcom is legitimately holding the game really tight to their chest at this point. The people who have info to leak on this game a) got all of it last year and b) probably only know of a handful more characters than everyone else.

Yeah, I agree, Ryce. I felt like the "Swiss Cheese" move was one of those unnecessary additions to Wolverine, though most believe it was used to keep his mashing in check.

As for Cap, the only thing I heard from him sounded like "Morrigan" and nothing else.

Jawmuncher

I might regret this post later, but to be as transparent as possible, everyone I've talked to with inside knowledge on the game knows a few bits and pieces and nothing more. And all of those bits and pieces have been exchanged very casually - regarding Rocket Raccoon in particular, there was literally a Capcom employee at the Capcom Cup afterparty mentioning him and Groot together to a handful of people.

I don't think there are many people outside the company who know the full roster or any other significant details. There's a reason that all kinds of rumors and hints were floating around in December and that no one has really had anything to say since - Capcom is legitimately holding the game really tight to their chest at this point. The people who have info to leak on this game a) got all of it last year and b) probably only know of a handful more characters than everyone else.

Thanks for this. It clarifies more that I would've thought.

I'd be okay with this.

The Guardians team has grown on me. I wasn't much of a fan of them originally.

Now I'm just sitting here thinking of how Rocket w/Groot will look.

I could see him play a bit like a puppeteer ala Carl Clover from BlazBlue, where instead of, say, the trap specials he had in MvC3, he controls Groot instead to do shit.

What new moves do you think the Hulk will get?

All I want from Hulk is for the punch he does when doing Gamma Quake to actually do damage/knockback.

It's baffling that it does absolutely nothing.

As for new moves for returning characters, Thor needs a hammer throw because how the hell did he not have one in the first place.

any new official character updates? leaks? anything?! SO ready for this game! like to see dr doom, doc octopus, venom, monsterhunter monster, megaman enemy, bof character (please!!!) make an appear

Weiss

Banned
I want him to get a complete re-work rather than sticking to the now boring shoto-esque template they gave him in MSH.

Seriously. One of the worst thngs about MvC3 is that there were so little changes to returning characters, Spidey especially. I want him to get a total revamp.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm completely fine with characters getting new move(s) or getting revamped. I'm not too picky with whatever.

any new official character updates? leaks? anything?! SO ready for this game! like to see dr doom, doc octopus, venom, monsterhunter monster, megaman enemy, bof character (please!!!) make an appear

Read OP because I will keep the OP update every time if there is any reliable leak(s) breaking out.

All I want from Hulk is for the punch he does when doing Gamma Quake to actually do damage/knockback.

It's baffling that it does absolutely nothing.

As for new moves for returning characters, Thor needs a hammer throw because how the hell did he not have one in the first place.

Technically Thor did have hammer throw. It's one of his super move where he threw a hammer at opponent upward.

Its kind of too bad that the movie Guardians for the most part don't have interesting abilities. Drax is powered down, but even when he was stronger, he was just a flying brick, Gamora's a warrior woman type, and Star-Lord and Rocket are advanced gun users. Only Groot's got unusual powers. To that end, I think the best combo might be Groot with Rocket on him, and maybe Star-Lord, though unless they make him Captain Commando like with the assists they may need to dig deep with Star-Lord and pull out stuff like the elemental gun.

But yeah, some of the veterans need at least some new moves. Iron Man, Doom, and Mags movesets are just weird, though the latter two may be sitting it out for a bit.

My bad. I meant this:

With that said I got some new information. Deny it if you want. Matters not to me.
While this is not a mass of information. I'll go right in.

First, and I feel like it's fairly obvious at this point, MvCI is still going dark until E3.
Then will be "reintroduced" there with revamped visuals in the art direction to some extent.
It might have also been a conscious decision to wait until E3 because I heard that they may be using X-Men characters in the next cinematic trailer and reveals on (but they're supposedly going to reveal quite a few characters across both Marvel and Capcom's sides throughout the summer at E3, EVO, and SDCC).

Though, if that X-Men thing is in fact happening in the summer and they are in the base roster for sure now, it might be held off until EVO or SDCC for that bombshell to be dropped, instead of at E3 because of the FGC's connection with X-Men characters in MvC games.

If you ask me "why don't you know for sure if X-Men are in the base roster?"
Because that's a secret being kept quite close to the heart.
And Capcom outsources cinematic trailers. As well as some characters.
Mega Man X and Hunter (including Rathalos) were done by a Malaysian team for instance.
Capcom outsourced to the same team for SFV.
I'm not sure if the X-Men are being done by them, in-house, or independent modelers.
They're trying real hard to keep this under wraps, but it's too big for them to contain for obvious reasons.

And while it's not too much I suppose.
I can confirm Dante and Frank West.
Not much of a surprise there, but you can rest easy or whatever now if you were worried about them for some reason.

I thought it was just BS at first...

Dahbomb

Saikyo also saying Jedah/Spencer are going to be in as DLC in that same forum. Also confirmed Dante and Frank (wow the shocker! Might as well confirm Thor and Hulk too).

Man like half of the roster is going to be god damn DLC isn't it...

645 wept a single tear.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because Saikyo said the poster is legit and that their information matched up.

cool. Well its not like theres a lot of new info. Dante and Frank arent exactly shocking returns, MH character would be the biggest news there.

It's time for Spider-Man to get a revamp, most definitely. If any character seems dated, it really is him, thousands of hours since '99 do not tell a lie. Glide actually felt pretty dope...but Spencer's was more reliable (partially due to Spencer just being straight up better for the meta, but that's okay).

That boy Ryu needs his airdash back though for sure. E3 is a long ways away.

I also hope those X-bastards get revamped because I'm tired of seeing their faces and I don't care how happy they make some of you. I want a garbage ass Old Man Logan, while they give X-23 all the speed and nonsense. Man has been chopping everyone for 23 years now ;_;

There he is!!

You know, just imagining the X-Men possibly making the base roster is exciting enough at this point. Knowing Jedah is likely to be in is also great. I wonder how toned down he'd be, though.

nded

Cap's shield slash having a canned return animation in MVC3 really bothered me. They should go back to making you have to catch or pick it up yourself, and maybe give your moves different properties without the shield.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Saikyo also saying Jedah/Spencer are going to be in as DLC in that same forum. Also confirmed Dante and Frank (wow the shocker! Might as well confirm Thor and Hulk too).

645 wept a single tear.

No, he didn't.

(Spencer/Jedah, Doom/Skrull/Surfer are the only DLC I know of for sure, and we both heard about Dante and Frank since our last conversation).

I don't think he meant to list Spencer and Jedah as DLC.

SaikyoBro

Do they have a control scheme yet or nah?

Why are the leaks always roster-centric? I guess that's what gets the most CPM.

Sorry guys, I for real only know really small bits and pieces, but everything I've heard Rikurikumore has mentioned (and a fair bit more).

Btw you misunderstood my post, Spencer and Jedah aren't DLC as far as I know.

Saikyo, so if the riku guy is real, does this mean his original leak is accurate?

Characters that I can confirm that are in:
Hunter (from Monster Hunter)

Rathalos (though I will admit that this one is shaky because they might've nixed it to only be in the Hunter's moveset for a Hyper because Giants might be done away with as playable, and Rathalos was planned to be part of the Hyper regardless)

Strider Hiryu

Leon Kennedy

Jedah

Nathan Spencer

Captain Commando

Spider-Man

Doctor Octopus

Venom

Songbird

Ms. Marvel

Ant-Man

Rocket (but Groot is now part of his moveset)

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

X-Men characters will be in, but might actually not be DLC.
Before you freak out, there's an asterisk by this, and that "only if the game gets delayed from its 2017 release date". Otherwise, they're DLC.
Don't get your hopes up too much, but don't lose it either.
Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Super-Skrull are also in, but will be DLC as far as I've heard.

On the Capcom side of things, Captain Commando might be DLC and not a launch character.
The thing with him is that he might be moved to being DLC but is undecided as far as I heard.
GnG is seemingly getting a rep from what I know too.
But I am not in the exact know as to who, or if they'll be a launch character or DLC. Sorry.
I just know it's getting one.
As for the character itself, I don't see how it'd be anyone other than Arthur or Firebrand.
But I do suppose there is always the chance of them using Astaroth.
Regardless, be prepared for GnG getting a rep.

And don't bug me and ask me to know the rest of the roster. I only know what I know.
Hopefully this will tide you over.

Neonep

645 wept a single tear.

Update, what happened?

Top Bottom