• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

Last 6 new eggs were all 2km eggs.

Disappointing, but inevitable.

I'll go on a long walk in the hills, then return to town with an empty egg-sack and hope in my heart.

HiResDes

2k actually better than 5 right now, got Scyther from one yesterday to get my Scizor. Anyway today I noticed something batshit insane. 4 gyms around my area changed from other colors to blue (mine) in less than ten minutes and became Level 10s with only like three or four pokemon in them total, and the starter pokemon was a lowly Ghastly in all of them is Ghastly the new bubbler?

I need to go out and play at least once before this event is over.

I only picked up a single 2km egg during the event, and it hatched into Slowpoke. I typically avoid using Incubators on 2kms, but I will likely change that rule simply because of this event.

It will probably be several weeks until the next event, so I'll consider using Incubators right now.

2k actually better than 5 right now, got Scyther from one yesterday to get my Scizor. Anyway today I noticed something batshit insane. 4 gyms around my area changed from other colors to blue (mine) in less than ten minutes and became Level 10s with only like three or four pokemon in them total, and the starter pokemon was a lowly Ghastly in all of them is Ghastly the new bubbler?

yea Ghastly a spoofer favorite. theyll put that in and chain so theyll get it up to lvl 10 in no time.

7 day streak got me a Sun Stone which was the last item I needed!

Only pokemon I'm missing now are Typhlosion, Ampharos, Togetic, Unown and then Tauros, Farfetch'd, Heracross and Corsola.

Got Muk yesterday which means I'm only 4 Pokemon off completing my non-regional Kanto Dex. Of the 4, Dragonite, Alakazam, Dodrio and Machamp, I'm closest to Dragonite (9 candies away) but I haven't seen a Dratini in ages. As for the others, I like to have a living Dex so I need another Doduo so I can walk for a Dodrio, I've already got two Kadabra and about 40 Abra candy for Alakazam and I've got two Machop, a Machoke and 21 candy for Machamp. Could really do with a Machop nest.

8bit

Knows the Score
Holy shit.

I am so mad right now.

I'm at a national park and I noticed an instinct gym at level 9.

I walk two miles to the peak of the hill and spend 20 minutes getting it to level 10.

The one other person in the area for at least a mile Snipes my spot as I was healing my Lapras.

He jogs away without saying a word to me.

I have never wanted to kill someone this much.

You get something like 90 seconds grace to place your pokemon in the gym after levelling it, it may be you were both levelling it and he was the one to push it to level 10. Or a magic teleporting trainer beamed in.

On items I've thrown away about 5 sunstones recently, I've only ever seen one Sunkern.

Oxx

The evolution item stuff is weird.

I feel like I should hold on to them because they feel rare and special. But how many Porygon2 does any man need?

Firemind

LMAO one of my mates got targeted by local spoofers because we were taking down their gyms. They took down our gyms in retaliation and put a 10cp Pokemon of the same team with my mate's name with slut added to the end. These guys...

Joni

Got an Ampharos, which is great because I expected I'd need to walk over 600 KM to reach that one. It means I could now reach living dex status with just 3 Mareep which is fantastic as they are stupidly rare. I also picked up a 10 KM egg today. Gotta be special.

HiResDes

LMAO one of my mates got targeted by local spoofers because we were taking down their gyms. They took down our gyms in retaliation and put a 10cp Pokemon of the same team with my mate's name with slut added to the end. These guys...
I didn't think you could see other people's pokemon names

Qwark

You get something like 90 seconds grace to place your pokemon in the gym after levelling it, it may be you were both levelling it and he was the one to push it to level 10. Or a magic teleporting trainer beamed in.

On items I've thrown away about 5 sunstones recently, I've only ever seen one Sunkern.

Are you sure? I thought the grace period only applied to when you took down an opposing team's gym. It's still the wild west when it comes to training up your own gym, I think.

The evolution item stuff is weird.

I feel like I should hold on to them because they feel rare and special. But how many Porygon2 does any man need?

Better off keeping those candies for Porygon-Z in gen 4. I dread the thought of grinding 100 candies for that SOB. I'm not even halfway to #2 yet.

Another Unown spawned in town this morning...at 5AM! These guys are rare enough, stop spawning while I'm sleeping damn it!

Swamped

Banned
I just hatched a Porygon from a 10k eggstravaganza egg ;__;. Really thought I'd get a Chansey lol! It's ok though, i still haven't evolved the Porygon.

Randomly caught a Skarmory yesterday which was nice.

8bit

Knows the Score
Are you sure? I thought the grace period only applied to when you took down an opposing team's gym. It's still the wild west when it comes to training up your own gym, I think.

I'm not, and I'm only thinking if it anecdotally tbh when I thought I tried to snipe someone for the last spot (which was only because they weren't anywhere nearby and must have been spoofed).

Just read an interesting thread on The Silph Road

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo..._defender_rankings_based_on_real_gym_battles/

It's an analysis of the big 7 defenders based on real battles instead of simulated battles. Results are pretty interesting. The tl;dr is that most players don't know how to counter some defenders, such as using Vape against Dragonite and grass types against Gyarados, making them better defenders than simulated battles would portray.

Makes sense and fits the bill for what I've encountered. My Garys usually lost longer than my vapes and my 2 Dragonites outlast them all. Dragonite's effectiveness will heavily lean on the presence of ice types in your biome. Ice pokemon are very rare around here so that plays a big role in how they last longer on gyms.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hatched a Togepi this morning and it only came with six candy. I RAGED

Then hatched a Mareep out of a 10k egg with 30 candy and I calmed down a lot

Joni

Hatched a Togepi this morning and it only came with six candy. I RAGED

Then hatched a Mareep out of a 10k egg with 30 candy and I calmed down a lot

Don't worry, Togepi is the only 'common' Pokémon currently in 2 KM eggs. You will hatch a lot of them.

And here I am, 12 2k eggs into the event and still have no Togepi for the dex!

Fuck it, I'm incubating all my 2k eggs right now.

And the results are in:

Squirtle
Machop x2
Grimer
Charmander
Togepi (FINALLY!!!)
Slowpoke
Aerodactyl

And my second pre-event 10k hatched as well....another fucking Aerodactyl

The Grimer was cool and unexpected, but I have Muk already so it's useless. Same for the Aeros, now I have 4 lol.

No more 2k eggs in paid incubators for me. Got my Togepi and the odds of hatching anything good are terrible. I did pick up an event 10k while hatching that batch...PLEASE BE PORYGON.

Qwark

Managed to catch a perfect IV Wobuffet today, and then I looked at the moves. The quick move is Splash. Wtf, why is that even an option for non-magikarp?

And here I am, 12 2k eggs into the event and still have no Togepi for the dex!

Fuck it, I'm incubating all my 2k eggs right now.

And the results are in:

Squirtle
Machop x2
Grimer
Charmander
Togepi (FINALLY!!!)
Slowpoke
Aerodactyl

And my second pre-event 10k hatched as well....another fucking Aerodactyl

The Grimer was cool and unexpected, but I have Muk already so it's useless. Same for the Aeros, now I have 4 lol.

No more 2k eggs in paid incubators for me. Got my Togepi and the odds of hatching anything good are terrible. I did pick up an event 10k while hatching that batch...PLEASE BE PORYGON.

Yooo, congrats lol.

I managed to get a Togepi out of the original baby event and I just now have walked it enough to evolve into a Togetic.

I have 90 Pokémon to evolve, many of them will lead to new Dex entries. That plus the event plus Lucky Egg means I'm flying past 30 into 31 which will feel great. Just gotta get off work as the internet out here is too unstable for a lucky egg.

Gonna head into work early tonight to go for a walk beforehand.

Need to hatch 3 Togepi, 1 Cyndaquil and 1 Mareep to finish my non-regional dex (ignoring Unown...).

Dishwalla

Banned
Hatched a Snorlax from a 10k egg today, first one I've ever hatched although I've caught several in the wild. Also hatched my fourth Togepi today yet I'm only sitting at 37 candies. Something screwy about those Togepi candies.

border

I've hatched 2 Lapras from 2K eggs already. Neither of them is double-ice, though. For the time being, I think my resources are better spent building up my double-ice Jynx and my double-ice Cloyster.

My Cloyster has Frost Breath and Aurora Beam though.....which seems to be very low-rated in terms of DPS. Is there a reason that move combination just doesn't perform well? According to TripleDex, its DPS against Dragonite is worse than a Gengar or Sneasel.

My Jynx has Frost Breath and Avalanche, which makes it the #1 DPS against Dragonite. Is there any point in developing even a double-frost Lapras?

Hatched a LOT of eggs during the event but have only received one 5k and zero 10k eggs while refilling my sack.

Why is it that every time I pop a Lucky Egg it counts down from around 27 mins, not 30?

And any eggs I pick up during the event will hold their contents til after right?
Like if I had a Lapras in a 2k egg but don't hatch that egg til next month, it will still be a Lapras right?

Joni

Why is it that every time I pop a Lucky Egg it counts down from around 27 mins, not 30?

Is the time of your phone synced to internet time? Or did you put it manually?

And any eggs I pick up during the event will hold their contents til after right?
Like if I had a Lapras in a 2k egg but don't hatch that egg til next month, it will still be a Lapras right?

Yes. You could theoretically still have eggs from the first time you played with the content of what it had back then.

Firemind

I've hatched 2 Lapras from 2K eggs already. Neither of them is double-ice, though. For the time being, I think my resources are better spent building up my double-ice Jynx and my double-ice Cloyster.

My Cloyster has Frost Breath and Aurora Beam though.....which seems to be very low-rated in terms of DPS. Is there a reason that move combination just doesn't perform well? According to TripleDex, its DPS against Dragonite is worse than a Gengar or Sneasel.

My Jynx has Frost Breath and Avalanche, which makes it the #1 DPS against Dragonite. Is there any point in developing even a double-frost Lapras?
Lapras is bulky so you don't need to dodge quick moves and still beat two 3000+ cp Dragonites in a row. Remember, Jynx is weak to Steel Wing. Cloyster is better for the job but it needs Avalanche.

GulAtiCa

Keep in mind that also there are a lot of eggs in the 2k group. And those 10k ones are suppose to be more of the rare side (some more then others). I hatched a Larvitar & Mareep recently.

I have now hatched 2 Cyndaquils & like 5 Chikoritas.

Also. Out with the old. In with the new! (My Charmander from last year still the most walked with 221km)
C9smkmjXkAA2mC6.jpg:large
C9smlKEXgAAoeEy.jpg:large

Is the 10k drop rate way lower? I've not seen one since the event started.

When you get an egg the game isn't choosing either 2km, 5km or 10km and then going from there, it's picking from the entire pool of Pokemon, and the Pokemon then has a distance assigned to it.
So, 2km eggs having almost all the Pokemon at the moment means they're going to be almost every egg you get.

Ugh, no way, I'd love any of those bar Porygon. Especially Chansey and Mareep.

Is the 10k drop rate way lower? I've not seen one since the event started.

I picked up about 20 2k eggs before getting an event 10k. I'm really excited for mine, there's no chance of it being a bad hatch.

This is how 10ks should always be. Nothing sucks more in this game then watching Pineco or some other shitty pokemon pop out of your 10k. My post gen 2 hatches have been generous, but prior to that my good 10k hatches consisted of 1 Dratini and Aerodactyl for the dex. Other than those it was a mountain of garbage, with every other one being a Hitmonchan for some reason.

Right, right. Makes sense.

I kinda wish they'd keep the eggs like this. Mostly 2ks, but when you get a 10k it's guaranteed to be something decent/useful.

Yup. This format seems much better.

Yeah I really like this format for eggs and it's clear that they could just keep it this way if they wanted to, but eh. I understand they have to make money some how.

Also it's supposed to rain all day today. Man, I wanted to get more eggs and get further into level 21 so I would have a better shot at hitting 32 sometime this year.

If I had the power to restructure egg hatches I would change the following:

Drop from 10k down to 5k:
Skarmory
Gligar
Mantine
Sudowoodo
Pineco

Upgrade from 5k to 10k:
Porygon (you'll be grateful for those 10k candy quantities when gen 4 hits)

Drop from 5k down to 2k:
Wooper
Staryu
Tentacool
Sandshrew
Vulpix

Remove from eggs entirely:
Paras
Poliwag
Psyduck
Natu
Krabby
Goldeen
Oddish
Ekans
Both Nidorans

And then I would add:

Chikorita
Cindaquill
Totodile
Snubbull
Hoppip
Sunkern

Teddiursa
Houndour
Swinub
Sunkern
Chinchou

Unown (Make him ultra rare, it would be nice to have some kind of a realistic shot at him)

Zubz

Banned
Man, I'm all out of eggs. I need to find a Stop to loiter at tonight/tomorrow (If the eggs still retain their Extra Candy properties, at least).

EDIT: So wait, is Swinub generally common, or is it just in my area? We have a lot of them out here.

Top Bottom