• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

sasuke_91

What will he tutor about Ling?

Something like:
eU6aYVU.gif

And yeah he will be playing good boy from now on. Everywhere. They will be watching him. I'm pretty surprised they picked him, I mean his Mishima knowledge is top notch but other characters and actual game plan, I don't know. His hilarious crying and no knowledge about Xiaoyu is prominent for example.

He might have to search for help for that. He made a "How do we fight Ling?" video, but I haven't watched it and don't know if it's any good. His Hwoarang video isn't too bad, but I think his Hwoarang knowledge is pretty good in general (except for some frame data when it comes to certain moves).

And yeah, if that makes him not so annoying I'm all for it :D

Spuck-uk

Banned
What will he tutor about Ling?

Something like:
eU6aYVU.gif

And yeah he will be playing good boy from now on. Everywhere. They will be watching him. I'm pretty surprised they picked him, I mean his Mishima knowledge is top notch but other characters and actual game plan, I don't know. His hilarious crying and no knowledge about Xiaoyu is prominent for example.

He knows nothing about Lars either,which is surprising considering how much he complains about him.

joeblow

He might have to search for help for that. He made a "How do we fight Ling?" video, but I haven't watched it and don't know if it's any good.

It's not very good at all. His knowledge of Xiaoyu is a huge blind spot from the few vids of his I've checked out. He really should enlist someone else to do that character for him.

PhineBuyM3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6pobijqf4&lc=z12nunuygwfutf1fw234xztg5wfuc5jie04.1493570063450465

Tekken 7 customization is awesome! There's also a "Change colors" feature which I have not shown here. the customization soudtrack is so DOPE too! many of us will spend Hours in this place once the game is released. I'd also like to clear few things up for those that have many questions: 1. I do not have the full game, all the footages I have were recorded over 2 days where I got to spend about 4 hours with the full game at Bandai Namco HQ.
2. Treasure Battle is pretty cool, you can earn ranks there, money, and unlock customization, there is also "Turbo battle" in Treasure Battle mode, those of you that played Tekken Revolution will know whats Turbo battle :)
3. A lot of characters have outfits from previous Tekkens, like Tekken 4 jin costume, or you can buy Tekken 3 costumes for Jin, Eddy, and other characters that were in Tekken 3.
4. Magic mirror (costs 1 million) can prevent your opponents moving or hitting you (goodbye t-bag) after they ko'd you online :D pretty funny feature there's much more to this game, it's really awesome, I've spent hours on it and it felt like nothing! cant wait for June 2nd.

Don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but if I can purchase Yoshi's T3 and 4 costumes in game
full

GrayFoxPL

When they say Legacy they mean actual legit stuff.

Btw, the classic outfits are just customs guys..... So no tournament T2 Kings

There are non-legit controllers?

I could play anything with my logitech that had legacy controller support. MKX even recognized exact model. They better not limit this shit to some hori sticks.

There are non-legit controllers?

I could play anything with my logitech that had legacy controller support. MKX even recognized exact model. They better not limit this shit to some hori sticks.

I thinking you meant like how people had those imported adapters for their PS2 and PS1 pads.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6pobijqf4&lc=z12nunuygwfutf1fw234xztg5wfuc5jie04.1493570063450465

Don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but if I can purchase Yoshi's T3 and 4 costumes in game
full

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I wouldn't get your hope up. Jin's Tekken 4 hoodie is a special PS exclusive costume, and Eddy and Jin's Tekken 3 costumes are almost identical to their costumes from Tekken 6 and Tag 2, which most characters have. I think it was a mis-attribution.

Still, there's supposed to be a bunch of new costumes in the first DLC pack, maybe those will include some classic outfits.

I'd love to wig out over the customization, but I just can't help looking past all the downgrades from previous entries. As far as I can see, there are no decals like in Tag Tournament 2, and the create-a-hairdo from Tekken 6 (which was side-graded in Tag 2--you couldn't customize individual bangs, but they added side-hair and hair accessories) has been even further downgraded here to where you only get to choose a premade hairdo (with the base, bangs, sides, and back all stuck together) and an accessory. I didn't even use the feature much, but it is aggravating to see them downgrade the system even further from Tag 2.

The two coolest things about Tekken 7's customization (besides general visual quality, thank you modern gen consoles and PC) is being able to change default hair color and being able to customize the lifebar, 'cause those are the only two features that weren't already done as well or better in Tag 2 or Tekken 6.

I guess it's a relief that the biggest thing I've got to complain about is customization, but man, after shrinking the roster and returning to 1v1 I was so hoping they'd go back to the more detailed system they had in 6. Once the game is out and things are known for certain, I think I'll make some more illustrated comparisons so I don't have to keep spouting the same stuff. It seems like a lot of people just aren't aware of how good the customization has been previously, and that's partially how we've gotten to where we are now. Like, if you compare customization in Tekken 7 to customization in SFV, obviously the former looks great. But if you compare the customization in Tekken 7 to the same in Tag 2 or 6, there are a lot more ups and downs and less flattering regressions.

I guess "officially licensed" means my last-gen hitbox has run its course. I wonder if they included the ability DS3s. You can't get more officially licensed than that, but it isn't technically an arcade stick so its a bit of a grey area.

At 0:06 it takes 12 seconds to load the character select screen. Dunno how final the versions being demo'd are, but I hope they'll be further optimized.

The character select music is pretty ace though. Probbaly my second favorite Character Select theme in the series after Tag 1.

Unless they drop another patch after release, the recent videos are probably it. The weird thing is, Ghost mode only takes like 12 seconds to start up while VS takes a little over 20 still. I guess that's because one is loading AI and another is player controlled?

There's some loading in the customization screen too. It's a little annoying, but on the flipside, it could be worse.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The loading times for TTT2 customisation were paiiinful.

Kind of the problem, you either load all that stuff into memory in advance, or deal with delay moving from option to option once you're there.

The loading times for TTT2 customisation were paiiinful.

Kind of the problem, you either load all that stuff into memory in advance, or deal with delay moving from option to option once you're there.

T2 was far worse than this ever was.

And it makes sense because of the items and all that, with their fancy ass effects.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLU7ndQbFZY

Looks like Eddy has maybe two new outfits (Breakdance [plus a patterned version] & Funky), his old 1p outfit, a darker skin tone option, and then 100% generic items for the rest. 17 of his 38 tops are the same exact t-shirt with different decals, and 4 or 5 are recolors of his default costume.

They must've fired whoever handled these in Tekken 5 and 6.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
From the ticker bar in that Nina vid, it seems there's Revenge Match when playing online.

Rheon

SO before the release of Tekken 7 and my eventual return to Tekken, I decided to FINALLY learn what I had always found kinda daunting about Tekken after playing the game for a while: frame data.

But tbh, after taking it in, I realised I'd been using frame knowledge without knowing it. I feel like you just kinda know which attacks are quick, have a long startup, yadda yadda and know how to punish based on what your opponent attacks with.

It IS great to know what frame data actually means now though. I feel like I'm discovering Tekken for the first time again lol.

Pachimari

SO before the release of Tekken 7 and my eventual return to Tekken, I decided to FINALLY learn what I had always found kinda daunting about Tekken after playing the game for a while: frame data.

But tbh, after taking it in, I realised I'd been using frame knowledge without knowing it. I feel like you just kinda know which attacks are quick, have a long startup, yadda yadda and know how to punish based on what your opponent attacks with.

It IS great to know what frame data actually means now though. I feel like I'm discovering Tekken for the first time again lol.

Are you in our Discord group? Join it, we can help each other out. I'm also now just looking into frame data.

Playsage

I don't know if I should spoil myself any further or not. You guys make it pretty hard for me.

stan-gram.0.jpg

Stannis Baratheon made me a grammar nazi.
whoops!

I don't think it's smart to expect it to be any different from the arcade version.
if it is paid DLC, they better make new content for it, instead of releasing the already existing ones that misteriously didn't make the console launch release.

Their whole point for making a season pass was about getting new budget to support the game after the first six months, so they would betray basic expectations with that.

I'd be happy with getting neither version of the swimsuit "dlc", than paying for (lazy recycled content)^2

cordy

Banned
I have a question fam.

Say Bamco was doing a "Tekken Redux" and they remade a previous title. Say it had..

- T7 level graphics
- T7 level story mode
- New moves
- Same characters from said game
- Updated gameplay (T1 and T2 have full 3D movement)

Which game would you want?

horizon.jpg

Gimme T2.

Doomshine

I have a question fam.

Say Bamco was doing a "Tekken Redux" and they remade a previous title. Say it had..

- T7 level graphics
- T7 level story mode
- New moves

Gimme T2.
4 is the only one I would care about since they could fix some major issues that would make it interesting to play again, but still keep the experimental stuff.

Hyun Sai

I have a question fam.

- T7 level graphics
- T7 level story mode
- New moves

Tekken 2.

GrayFoxPL

I have a question fam.

- T7 level graphics
- T7 level story mode
- New moves

horizon.jpg

Gimme T2.

Tekken 2

mvVg6CR.jpg
KMHK1Fm.jpg

9REJw4S.jpg
xivZkBr.jpg

1DaIO2U.jpg

Dem young mains.

But I really want that Tekken Zero. Time when Hei was 20 and Jinpachi ruled Zaibatsu.

Rheon

You need to PM Dereck for an invite. It's the OP poster.

Alright, PM'd Dereck. Waiting for his reply.

--------

On a sort of 'Tekken Redux' related note; where do you guys think Tekken is headed after T7, what with the whole 'final Mishima saga' thing?

Is this really it for this Tekken generation or will T8 just continue the same ol' Mishima drama?

cordy

Banned
T2 love. Also the Tekken 0 idea is dope too.

Honestly I asked because I don't think we're getting a Tag 3 after 7. I think it'll be this.

- Tekken 7
- Tekken Redux/Tekken 0/Some Remake
- Tekken x Street Fighter (ported over to next-gen consoles as well)
- Tekken 8 (timeskip 20 years later)

We won't be seeing Tekken 8 next generation.

Pachimari

I would hope they would go Tekken x Street Fighter, Tekken 8 and then Tag 3. Hopefully they would add a lot of new fighters to Tekken 8, and not just semi palette swaps.

GrayFoxPL

I don't believe they have the balls to do a large time skip, forward or back.

I'm also losing faith a true reboot is in plans. From business standpoint and suits that run Bamco it would be senseless to not make Tekken 8 very similar to T7 given the success of the latter.

Numb

I'd personally still love to see a Tekken x Street Fighter.

T2 love. Also the Tekken 0 idea is dope too.

Honestly I asked because I don't think we're getting a Tag 3 after 7. I think it'll be this.

- Tekken 7
- Tekken Redux/Tekken 0/Some Remake
- Tekken x Street Fighter (ported over to next-gen consoles as well)
- Tekken 8 (timeskip 20 years later)

We won't be seeing Tekken 8 next generation.

I would hope they would go Tekken x Street Fighter, Tekken 8 and then Tag 3. Hopefully they would add a lot of new fighters to Tekken 8, and not just semi palette swaps.

full

Playsage

I have a question fam.

- T7 level graphics
- T7 level story mode
- New moves

horizon.jpg

Gimme T2.
The whole pre-timeskip arc

Numb

Just give me an anniversary bundle like every other series gets
T3 can be skipped if it's the only thing holding this back with Gon legal issues

Top Bottom