• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

What's it about?

Their take on the events after 6.

Spoilers:

Nina is watching Ling from a distance, accompanied by fucking awful 80s tier descriptions of the characters.

Ling and Panda are chased by G-Corp. They are looking for Jin, and Anna is running the squad. Paul comes in to save Ling and Panda, and Nina helps them escape.

Kaz is having PTSD or some shit.

Ling and co. arrive at a temple, where King, Yoshi, and Jin are at. Jin is in a bad way, and needs their help to get an artifact.

Kaz bursts onto the scene with a bunch of floating Jacks and Anna.

End Chapter

Dialogue is bad. Art is bad. And it literally feels like that old Tekken comic but a little more dumb and not in a fun way.

Was gonna post the GIF version of this, but it's 16+ MB so I'll just put the clip I made from twitch.

Probably the longest slow mo I've seen yet. At least for a single exchange.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyTenuousAsteriskMoreCowbell

That link name tho :p

Also, Maximilian_DOOD was hanging out with us in chat for a few hours. I think he's got the Tekken bug officially now. There was a good Jin on stream for much of the broadcast.

Rajang

Hope you guys enjoyed TEKKENTALK!

It was great, looking forward to the next one. May 30th right?

Every 5 matches

Thank god. It would be awful if it was the same stage over and over.

Was gonna post the GIF version of this, but it's 16+ MB so I'll just put the clip I made from twitch.

Probably the longest slow mo I've seen yet. At least for a single exchange.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyTenuousAsteriskMoreCowbell

That link name tho :p

Also, Maximilian_DOOD was hanging out with us in chat for a few hours. I think he's got the Tekken bug officially now. There was a good Jin on stream for much of the broadcast.

That slow mo..

My eyes may be failing me, but is that a pic of Kazuya in the background image collage of Twitch's main page?

I could be just tired.

https://www.twitch.tv/

May only be seeable by desktop viewers, idk.

thats an old banner and its sfxt kaz, you can see he's facing off against ryu.

I was wondering if it's SFxT. Now I can see Ryu at the bottom. Damn. I was getting my hopes up that Namco had some subliminal marketing going on. :/

Yo that new Tekken comic is ass.

I thought it was really good.
Really liked the art and snappy dialogue. Definitely feels like at least a couple of people who worked on the comic are fans of the franchise.

I wasn't expecting much, but I thought it was a really successful first issue.
Introducing characters and staying true to the canon established in the games.
I have to mention I don't read any other comics, though, so I can't compare to what's currently out there. I can, however, compare to what's been done with the franchise in the medium before, and this is MILES ahead of any previous attempts to translate Tekken into a comic book.

Here are some screenshots I took in the app (in no particular order):

nrHqUoN.jpg

eAtzlor.jpg

WOYvJ9d.png

0ajch41.jpg

S5hNGA7.jpg

TyHUPph.jpg

CY4rvgV.jpg

(end-chapter spoiler)
LJFcpZx.jpg

This looks like it's going to be an interesting arc bridging the gap between Tekken 6 and 7.
Hopefully this will get some support. So far the Tekken franchise hasn't been as successful as its main competitors (SF, MK) in its attempts at branching out into new mediums in the west. It really deserves it though. This new comic book series is a good (second?) start. (Both Prime 1 Studios and First4Figures are currently working on Tekken 7, and Tekken 3-5 statues respectively, and I'm sure there's plenty of other things planned close to and after the release of Tekken 7).
I'll be there for issue 2.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That last panel reminds me, I think one of the reasons Jin's "start a war and commit countless murders to summon Azazel and kill him because he's worse" plan doesn't jibe so well--at least with me--is that we're never shown what Azazel is capable of. He shows up and is swiftly defeated before getting the chance to do anything, which makes it harder to justify all the stuff Jin does to get that opportunity.

It also doesn't help that he felt like a random invention to suit the direction they were going with Jin without making it seem out-of-character (though it still seems pretty out-of-character). But anyway, they should have had ol' turkeyhead shoot a laser into the sky and take out a space colony or two in a cutscene before the fight. Just something to show he meant business.

Like, remember how if you lost to Jinpachi in Tekken 5 and didn't continue, you would get a special cutscene showing him give over to whatever crazy thing was possessing him and presumably terrorize the world. Something like that would have been nice.

Hutchie

Am preordering now...£70 for deluxe, meh that an average night out so...

Was playing ttt2 and tekken 6 yesterday and my execution has disappeared, could barely do hwo's staple combos.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/859333667939794944[/tweet]

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HjiXEvl.png[/img]
Damn that specious logic. So tired of the chopping.

I feel sorry for the guy sometimes. Puts up with too much dumbassery IMO

sasuke_91

So apparently it's Iori's birthday and Harada's Twitter is being bombed by people shouting "Iori-sama~".
Miura Kentaro is also a big Idolmaster fan. I wonder what that series is about, but I'm not interested enough to actually watch stuff like that 😂

Spuck-uk

Banned
So apparently it's Iori's birthday and Harada's Twitter is being bombed by people shouting "Iori-sama~".
Miura Kentaro is also a big Idolmaster fan. I wonder what that series is about, but I'm not interested enough to actually watch stuff like that 😂

It's a series about normalising pedophilia.

Iori would be pretty cool in T7 though, but only like 70% as cool as Geese.

Pachimari

I also think I'm gonna drop the Collector's Edition and just go with the Deluxe one that comes with the Season Pass and the standard game.

I'd go for the Standard Edition and buy the season pass when there's a discount.

For sure. Or at least when we know more.

Also, the season pass alone is $25, so standard + pass might be cheaper than deluxe. It definitely is in most shops over here. You can also decide to buy each of the three packs separate, if they don't all turn out to your liking (They're going to be $10 each).

Pachimari

I hate skipping content. I'm not gonna miss out on anything in Tekken, so I'm definitely in on the whole season pass. I'll just pay up, I've put the money aside anyway.

Has MarkMan or someone at Bandai Namco done an in-depth look at the upcoming Hori Tekken 7 RAP stick?

I know MarkMan used it on the May Tekken Talk, just wondering if they've ever taken a few minutes to kinda feature the thing and get a close-up look at it.

So rather than spamming all the fighting game sites, where's best to find local Tekken players?

On that note and slim chances but, anyone in the Fort Lauderdale area?

Top Bottom