• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

I don't really want to think about other Tekken games yet. Just give me T7 and make it spectacular and give it some great post launch support.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nearly two months since the Eddy reveal. I'm surprised they haven't done any last minute character announcements now that marketing is kicking up. Maybe closer to the final stretch.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Rainmaker King costume confirmed?

You mean his Tekken 2 costume? That was confirmed a while back, along with Jin and Xiaoyu's Tekken 4 costumes (hoodie and pink dress). Those three are PS4 exclusive though.

Edit: Oh, you mean the extravagant wrestler outfit. Yeah, looks like it.

cordy

Banned
You mean his Tekken 2 costume? That was confirmed a while back, along with Jin and Xiaoyu's Tekken 4 costumes (hoodie and pink dress). Those three are PS4 exclusive though.

No. I mean
tekken-7.jpg

It's designed from the NJPW promotion.

Numb

Thanks guys for the well wishes.

TEKKEN TALK on Monday with MAXIMILIAN DOOD!

We get to talk about, show and go in depth on a lot of the stuff shown off in the latest trailer :D
Nice Tekken Talk Markman
Even Max was playing better than yesterday's Tag 2 stream

No Mokujin even in practice mode as the dummy i noticed.

FSkNXK6.gif

I need my boy back this lack of mimic character is disturbing

Nice Tekken Talk Markman
Even Max was playing better than yesterday's Tag 2 stream

No Mokujin even in practice mode as the dummy i noticed.

FSkNXK6.gif

I need my boy back this lack of mimic character is disturbing

Mokujin caused SCV to have 3 mimic characters.....

Good Riddance

Spuck-uk

Banned
At this point I don't care for a remake so I'm good.

Same, there's not enough differences between the various games that I'm nostalgic, just make costume packs for retro versions of characters if you're going to go that route.

Now Tekken 0, there's an idea..

you mention Eliza doesn't have an FADC did you mean she does not have a focus attack instead? as she has something similar to FADC.

EDIT: it's nice to see you have as many posts in 2016 as you do in 2017 and it's only May, good job!

She doesn't have either.

She only has the EX version of Moon Glide, her advancing stance. Normal Moon Glide is much like Katarina's Harrier, or i guess like any of the crouchdashes in the game (it doesn't crouch though), in that she flies forward and can then do one of several followups.

The -only- difference for EX Glide is that, for a bar of meter, she can cancel her fireball into EX Glide. So it's not nearly as broad as FADC. FADC can be used to cancel a lot of things and you're at neutral afterward and can do anything. EX Glide can -only- come from fireball and leaves you in Moon Glide Stance, and you can do the followups from that but that's it.

It's kinda like Hadouken FADC in that you can do low > fireball > FADC/EX Moon Glide. But you can't do DP into EX Glide, it looks like. You also can't just block out of Glide, or throw, or do your normal scary lows or mids. Just her Glide followups.

She also doesn't have a normal focus attack. She has a power crush like all the other characters though.

(This is all going by current information. Still in development probably, might be different in the end etc. )

Edit: Also, merci! =D

Edit 2: If you could do -any- special move into EX Glide and it also behaves like a normal special move so you can do it from many normals it'd be a lot closer though. You'd get the Glide mixup while Akuma gets anything still, of course. But this could be the case.

Thanks for clearing that up! kinda disappointed it's so limited but you are right that might change as the game is still in development.

Mirror of the intro that was taken down earlier.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By7dYCV4H__IemFlc2kzaXBSa1k/view

(From r/Tekken)

Surprised to see only 2 of the new characters getting an introductory scene in the intro. Master Raven's was the typical prerendered scene you'd expect to see in a Tekken intro. Claudio's looked like a shot taken directly from one of the story mode sequences, in-game assets and all.

Apart from that I like it. It's very dramatic and foreboding, and clearly focused on the characters who play a (major) role in the story mode.

Maybe I would have liked a classic Tekken opening better, where each character gets at least some amount of screen time, and new characters get a fitting introduction. But it's still beautifully rendered and edited, and maybe for the final part in the Mishima saga this is where the focus should be - the Mishimas.

I'd love to know if this was done in-house at Namcops HQ, or outsourced. Some of the models look very much like the ones created by Digital Frontier for the Blood Vengeance movie.

Sayah

Mirror of the intro that was taken down earlier.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By7dYCV4H__IemFlc2kzaXBSa1k/view

(From r/Tekken)

Surprised to see only 2 of the new characters getting an introductory scene in the intro. Master Raven's was the typical prerendered scene you'd expect to see in a Tekken intro. Claudio's looked like a shot taken directly from one of the story mode sequences, in-game assets and all.

Apart from that I like it. It's very dramatic and foreboding, and clearly focused on the characters who play a (major) role in the story mode.

Maybe I would have liked a classic Tekken opening better, where each character gets at least some amount of screen time, and new characters get a fitting introduction. But it's still beautifully rendered and edited, and maybe for the final part in the Mishima saga this is where the focus should be - the Mishimas.

I'd love to know if this was done in-house at Namcops HQ, or outsourced. Some of the models look very much like the ones created by Digital Frontier for the Blood Vengeance movie.

That trailer was......eh.
Tekken 5 and DR still at the top.

LowParry

I can't seem to settle on a character I want to learn before T7 comes out. Lee maybe but I'm liking Leo. Maybe King. Bleh. Or just learn them all?

cordy

Banned
Anyone know if the stage changes for Treasure Battle? So far in the official match videos it's one continuous stage although if you exit and get back in, the stage changes.

Top Bottom