• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gerard Butler: I injected myself with bee venom and ended up in hospital

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...tofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews#link_time=1508504054

Gerard Butler has told how he went into anaphylactic shock after being injected with the venom of 23 bee stings.

The Scottish actor said he had been over-exuberant with the remedy, which some claim eases muscle ache, after a 12-hour day of performing stunts on set for his latest film, Geostorm.

Butler told the ITV chat show Lorraine: “I had heard of this guy injecting bee venom, because apparently it has many anti-inflammatory compounds. So, I’m like: ‘Come, come to New Orleans where we’re filming.’ So, he gives me a shot, and I go: ‘Oh, that’s interesting’ – because it stings.

“Then he gives me 10 shots, and then I have the worst reaction. I kind of enter this anaphylactic shock. It’s awful, creepy crawlies all over me, swelled up, heart’s going to explode. But I go through it, and then I find out he gave me 10 times too much.”

Butler was immediately taken to hospital, but admitted that four days later he decided to give the remedy another go. “I decide to do it again because, I think: ‘Maybe I just took too much.’ So, he’s on the phone, and this time I have to go to the hospital [again].”

What can he inject himself with to get better projects?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is the dumbest shit I've read.

Reminds me of those weird guys that inject silver into their body.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Headline should be "Gerald Butler is a fucking moron".

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Doing this once is moronic to the next level.

Doing it twice is apex moron. This is like the trope setter for portraying a mothferucker in a movie is lacking any sense of a brain.

GhaleonEB

“I decide to do it again because, I think: ‘Maybe I just took too much.’ So, he’s on the phone, and this time I have to go to the hospital [again].”
As the saying goes, fool....fool me once...shame on me....mumbles

You know, I don't actively dislike Gerard Butler like some people / critics, but dude: TWICE??

Unless this is an application for a Bond parody with the title YOU ONLY STING TWICE, because in that case: interesting audition.

Kadin

So he hears about this from a guy, invites him to where he's at and then proceeds to just let the guy inject him? I mean, who the hell does that? Glad it didn't end up worse.

And on a separate but related note, I just finished watching the video below which is on the front page of reddit right now where a lady had to give herself an Epipen shot. That was pretty terrifying to watch as she seemed very close to passing out being unable to breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBUZn1PG58

edit: apparently these pens can't actually work as fast as the video above seems to show? Never used one or know anyone that has but this video looks to be spreading some bad info. Anyone here have experience with them?

KarmaCow

38jau.png

38jau.png

Fixed.

ItIsOkBro

that he takes advice from guys he heard of

that he believes this without proof

that he injected himself once

that he injected himself again

that he shared this story

this guy is very stupid

Mivey

I admire his scientific spirit. A sane human being would have stopped the first time, but he needed to confirm his hypothesis that even a smaller dosis might almost kill him, and yep he was right.

JCHandsom

However stupid he definitely was, at least he did it for the sake of the critical darling and box-office hit Geostorm, in theaters now.

Top Bottom