• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Brakara

If he thinks that his overall experience would be better with that version then why not?

Sometimes the way that you spend your time is more important than money.

All right then, Xbox Division, do what EmiPrime says and fuck everyone else.

I get him, it's like, I'm a fan of the Borderlands series but never played Pre-Sequel.

If they were offering that next month technically it's a game I haven't got yet and actually want to play so you would think I'd be happy right?

But really it wouldn't make much difference to me, I still wouldn't play it cause at this point if I was gonna bother playing I'd prefer it be the 'improved' version in the Handsome Collection one day.

EmiPrime

If he thinks that his overall experience would be better with that version then why not?

Sometimes the way that you spend your time is more important than money.

She. And yes that's exactly it.

Why would you buy the Handsome collection over getting a free 360 copy of BL2?

Sometimes you guys make no sense at all.

I already own The Handsome Collection on PS4 but would have liked to have had a XB1 digital copy too especially with Scorpio on the way.

All right then, Xbox Division, do what EmiPrime says and fuck everyone else.

Don't be so dramatic. If you can't be civil then don't bother.

I remember being really annoyed when they 'wasted' a 360 game on Castlestorm or whatever it was that time when we had already got the 'definitive' version on Xbox One before that.

Why would we want that?? What a waste!

But their reasoning was, well not everyone has a Xbox One, there are many many 360 only owners who still like getting some free stuff a month so it's 'new' to them!

Alx

Eh, a game is a game, and a gift is always welcome. That there are better versions of the game out there doesn't change the quality of the original.
Keep them coming whatever they are, you'll never please everybody with a given selection, but there will also always be people to appreciate it whatever it is.

Daffy Duck

Project Cars looks fun.

Seems to be a little bit horrible on controller though, what's the best settings to use for the contoller?

Chris1

I already own The Handsome Collection on PS4 but would have liked to have had a XB1 digital copy too especially with Scorpio on the way.
You say that like it would have been the xb1 version instead.. It wouldn't have. You would've just gotten a completely different game

EmiPrime

You say that like it would have been the xb1 version instead.. It wouldn't have. You would've just gotten a completely different game

I know, I'd rather have a different 360 game. I'm not that bent out of shape about it (when you pay £25 for a year of gold the odd crap GWG month isn't a disaster) but MS have double dipped far too many times with GWG (The Walking Dead, Castlestorm, Tomb Raider, AC4, MGSV GZ, Thief and maybe others I am forgetting) and they probably will double dip again by offering THC after offering BL2. I don't like it, it's a waste of a GWG slot for the 360 when they still haven't offered the Fable games for example.

GHG

She. And yes that's exactly it.

Don't be so dramatic. If you can't be civil then don't bother.

My apologies then.

Project Cars looks fun.

Seems to be a little bit horrible on controller though, what's the best settings to use for the contoller?

Will definitely try Layers of Fear.

I'm trying to figure that out myself.

Post in the PCars OT, quite a few people have previously posted controller settings there.

FN-2187

Project Cars looks fun.

This was posted in another thread and I thought it made a huge difference:

Steering deadzone 6
Steering sensitivity 10
Throttle deadzone 20
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 10
Brake sensitivity 30
Speed sensitivity 70
Controller filtering 30
Controller input mode 2
Advanced on
steering dampening on
Visual wheel filtering off
opposite lock help off

m23

I think I speak for many when I say if they couldn't get the Handsome Collection on GWG (which will be a rock solid 60fps on Scorpio FWIW) they shouldn't have offered up Borderlands 2 360 instead. My time is more valuable than anything else and I'm not going to waste it on last generation games that got vastly improved in a current generation port.

I haven't played Borderlands 2 and am not planning to buy the Handsome Collection. Having played the first Borderlands, I'm interested in trying the sequel for free.

JaffeLion

Banned
I think I speak for many when I say if they couldn't get the Handsome Collection on GWG (which will be a rock solid 60fps on Scorpio FWIW) they shouldn't have offered up Borderlands 2 360 instead. My time is more valuable than anything else and I'm not going to waste it on last generation games that got vastly improved in a current generation port.

What if you already bought Borderlands 2 and not the handsome collection?

SURGEdude

I'm glad they are making BL2 backwards compatible for people that own it. Great game. But I will admit I wish they had gotten that Handsome Collection on One and used the 360 slot for something else.

But then again I do forget there are likely plenty of Gold subs who only own a 360.

Chris1

I know, I'd rather have a different 360 game. I'm not that bent out of shape about it (when you pay £25 for a year of gold the odd crap GWG month isn't a disaster) but MS have double dipped far too many times with GWG (The Walking Dead, Castlestorm, Tomb Raider, AC4, MGSV GZ, Thief and maybe others I am forgetting) and they probably will double dip again by offering THC after offering BL2. I don't like it, it's a waste of a GWG slot for the 360 when they still haven't offered the Fable games for example.
Half those games went GWG before BC was a thing.

Should xbox 360 only owners not get GWG's that XB1 has gotten? how is that fair? What if it was the other way around? Should Dishonoured etc never go GWG on XB1? Thank god that's not the case or we wouldn't of gotten Sleeping Dogs with all the DLC either.

As long as it's not like a month apart I don't see the issue, MGS GZ and TWD were the worst offenders with TWD in the same month. If they spread it out it's fine to me. You are right in that THC will probably go GWG at some point, but don't forget that comes with two games and TPS hasn't gone GWG on 360 yet, so even if that does come, it probably won't be for a while. It's not like THC will be April's GWG or something.

EmiPrime

Half those games went GWG before BC was a thing.

Should xbox 360 only owners not get GWG's that XB1 has gotten? how is that fair? What if it was the other way around? Should Dishonoured etc never go GWG on XB1? Thank god that's not the case or we wouldn't of gotten Sleeping Dogs with all the DLC either.

As long as it's not like a month apart I don't see the issue, MGS GZ and TWD were the worst offenders with TWD in the same month. If they spread it out it's fine to me. You are right in that THC will probably go GWG at some point, but don't forget that comes with two games and TPS hasn't gone GWG on 360 yet, so even if that does come, it probably won't be for a while. It's not like THC will be April's GWG or something.

I'm glad you added me to your post since I last checked because I do think my grievances are justified!

I think at this point the focus should be on XB1 owners and I don't like the double dipping, it has happened a few too many times for my liking. If they want to offer the same game to both XB1 and 360 owners then by all means, offer both versions on the same month and have it occupy just one GWG slot so nobody feels shortchanged.

I think it was fine to offer Sleeping Dogs DE last December as that was strictly an upgrade on what came before, I just don't think 360 games that have XB1 upgrades already available should be taking up a GWG slot. The reverse is okay but not the inverse, if that makes sense.

SMD

I'm glad you added me to your post since I last checked because I do think my grievances are justified!

I think at this point the focus should be on XB1 owners and I don't like the double dipping, it has happened a few too many times for my liking. If they want to offer the same game to both XB1 and 360 owners then by all means, offer both versions on the same month and have it occupy just one GWG slot so nobody feels shortchanged.

I think it was fine to offer Sleeping Dogs DE last December as that was strictly an upgrade on what came before, I just don't think 360 games that have XB1 upgrades already available should be taking up a GWG slot. The reverse is okay but not the inverse, if that makes sense.

They're not going to offer you 4 Xbox One games a month. So it's either the current arrangement or 2 Xbox One games.

EmiPrime

They're not going to offer you 4 Xbox One games a month. So it's either the current arrangement or 2 Xbox One games.

I'm not asking for 4 XB1 games a month.

AC Rogue is coming to BC today. That's exactly the sort of 360 game I want to see on GWG.

Oh nice, I've been wanting to play that. I hope it shows up on GWG too.
Yeah that won't happen anytime soon. This games getting an audience that never experienced it after ditching their 360 consoles for
PS4
, erm Xbox One. Ubisoft will make a tidy profit once they make it purchasable from One. Currently you can't, the store listing says buy on 360 or the web.

Xbox live gold is a service that is still giving benefits to a group of people who still does not have an xbox one, they are receiving more things even thou they are using an old console and still paying the membership

Focusing on Xbox One qon't happen as long as the people still play xbox 360, and they play it, a lot.

I get the point you mention, but the people who play 360 cannot be alienated just because they don't play XOne, they, after all, are still paying.

bidguy

Banned
if youre sensitive to fps issues you better skip layers of fear. it probably drops to 15fps while you move the camera around.

Akai__

Does Borderlands 2 come with all of the DLC like Borderlands 1 did?

Also, thanks for always posting the links Chris.

Vico

Is it normal that I can't get Evolve? Like, it's shown as free, I push the "get" button, it says "working..." but then it gets back to the beginning, and it's not shown as "owned"

EDIT : ok, never mind, it works now, after the fifth attempt.

malfcn

Hmm.

020800_36051db460ec41ff8e3fb6beb1a40c69.jpeg

munroe

Finished Ryse over the weekend; very linear game but I still enjoyed it. I always enjoy Roman related stories and this one was no exception, I also didn't find the combat nearly as tedious as I expected, actually enjoyable.

Now I'm just going through it again for the collectables

phant0m

Surprised at how much I'm enjoying Ryse, in both combat mechanics and presentation. Better than anything Sony's put out on PS+ this year by a country mile.

pacman85

Is it worth buying the DLC in Ryse? I noticed there is a whole season pass for the game so there at least must be some DLC that adds new content that's good right?

Is it worth buying the DLC in Ryse? I noticed there is a whole season pass for the game so there at least must be some DLC that adds new content that's good right?
I thought that most of the dlc was just equipment related. I played a ton of the online stuff and loved it but I never bought the dlc.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ryse, of all the launch titles, was the one i played and beat first. It's a competent game, far better than what many knock it for.

Top Bottom