• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Rising Humble Bundle is Live

Jawmuncher

Grabbed this for REmake and RE0.

DMC or RE6 worth installing?

Yep

Install RE6 for a unique action game with fun characters.
Don't install it if you're expecting horror, scares, or survival horror gameplay.

If stuff like this is cool to you, you'll be fine
tumblr_n8dppjum0o1qdxux9o1_500.gif

wU7FUoR.gif

4yXtdmg.gif

Did the average right away, been eyeballing RE6 for pc (rather than drag out the 360) and this is less than the usual sale price for that alone. Plus PC versions of the other favorites.

MrToast

I just bought the BTA there a few minutes ago, but I'm considering the $12 tier. Does anyone know if I increase my amount paid from my purchase on my HB account, do they automatically give me the $12 tier when I pay the difference?

EDIT: I just tried the increase it, and it alerted me that I would get the $12 tier.

Cool, don't have a single one of these.
And I will continue not having Umbrella Corps.

Quote for Umbrella Corps+Deluxe Edition key link things.

Hm, Capcpom has put some region restrictions on some/all of these.
At least Umbrella Corps is not applicable in the following countries, whatever they are.

AM
AZ
BR
BY
GE
IN
KG
KZ
MD
RU
TJ
TM
UA
UZ

I'm from Brazil and just redeemed all games from the beat the average tier, excluding Umbrella corps (i didnt even try)

Daeoc

Nice bundle, got the BTA tier. I've been eyeing RE0 and RE HD for awhile now, only missing Revelations 2, RE5, and RE7 now. If Dead Rising 1 was in the bundle somewhere, I probably would've got the $12 tier.

oti

Banned
I would go all-in on this but without the Dead Rising games in Germany I'd pay >6€ for Resident Evil 6 (already own the rest or don't care). Nah.

I still want to play Resi 6 at some point though.

rtcn63

RE6 is really only worth it if you coop. I say that as someone who's played the campaign 3-4 times.

Because I keep trying to convince myself it's a better game than in it is.

The biggest con for me, is that when you lose a block of health, you can/will get knocked down onto your ass. Which completely ruins the flow of the combat. It actually deters you from utilizing melee, since you aren't necessarily invulnerable to them during your attack animations. Being hit by an off-screen bullet is regular thing. And since ammo isn't at all scarce even on the higher difficulties (barring the first hour or so), there's no need to use melee for the most part. It just makes the game more annoying.

And there are a LOT of things to be annoyed about in the campaign. RE5 easily trumps it, even with all its BS.

DmC is fun if inoffensive. A better campaign than DMC4, but the combat doesn't feel as enjoyable. Too much enemy color-coding.

BadWolf

The biggest con for me, is that when you lose a block of health, you can/will get knocked down onto your ass. Which completely ruins the flow of the combat. It actually deters you from utilizing melee, since you aren't necessarily invulnerable to them during your attack animations. Being hit by an off-screen bullet is regular thing. And since ammo isn't at all scarce even on the higher difficulties (barring the first hour or so), there's no need to use melee for the most part. It just makes the game more annoying.

Talk about playing the game wrong.

The way shooting and melee compliment each other is exactly what makes the combat system so damn satisfying.

rtcn63

Talk about playing the game wrong.

Key word being "need". IIRC, they patched the game to make ammo significantly more plentiful. I did play it at launch as well, but I can't be sure.

And I'm not referring to Mercenaries. People only say good things about it.

The campaign really does seem like its designed for you to play it mostly as a cover shooter.

BadWolf

Key word being "need". IIRC, they patched the game to make ammo significantly more plentiful. I did play it at launch as well, but I can't be sure.

And I'm not referring to Mercenaries. People only say good things about it.

The campaign really does seem like its designed for you to play it mostly as a cover shooter.

Well it's about personal satisfaction, not need.

You can mash your way through a DMC game and ignore most of the cool moves but that is absolutely not the way you should be approaching the games.

rtcn63

Well it's about personal satisfaction, not need.

You can mash your way through a DMC game and ignore most of the cool moves but that is absolutely not the way you should be approaching the games.

I get that. But after multiple times through the campaign, I just got really annoyed by the knock down effect and the inventory system. I VASTLY prefer the ability to hotkey weapons to the D-pad (RE5, RE7, REV1-2). Scrolling through a long list of weapons in the heat of combat isn't great, even if you're not limited to 3-4 like usual.

Mind that I replay the third-person RE's routinely, and RE6 is probably my least favorite. I've tried to like it.

BadWolf

I get that. But after multiple times through the campaign, I just got really annoyed by the knock down effect and the inventory system. I VASTLY prefer the ability to hotkey weapons to the D-pad (RE5, RE7, REV1-2). Scrolling through a long list of weapons in the heat of combat isn't great, even if you're not limited to 3-4 like usual.

Mind that I replay the third-person RE's routinely, and RE6 is probably my least favorite. I've tried to like it.

The thing is though that getting knocked down in RE6 isn't like in most other games, you don't just hit a button to get up quicker but can actually continue to fight while your character is down on the ground so it plays into the overall mechanics.

As for the quick weapon switch, I dig it. Put three weapons close to each other that you use the most (I put the hand gun in the middle usually with the shotgun and rifle to each side) and you can switch between all three quickly while having access to even more to each side. It works really quick and allows for stuff like the weapon and reload canceling. I also really like how the sub weapons like grenades automatically switch back to your main weapon after one use, such a smart feature.

mas8705

was interested right up to the point that they were PC only. I know that the humble bundles usually don't go to consoles, but one could only hope.

BiggNife

Im still salty that DmC on the PC hasn't gotten a special edition update.

I was hoping someone would eventually mod the Special Edition stuff into the PC version but I guess that never happened.

Ah well, vanilla DmC is still fun (especially at 60fps) as long as you ignore the garbage dumpster of a story.

Dartastic

This is a great bundle, and I'm super glad I bought it. Maybe I'll play the intro to Leon's part of RE6 again. That was the only good part of that game.

Accoun

Haven't bought a bundle since... The original EA one? BTA usually rises with time or drops? If there's even an observable trend with it.

Anteater

damn that's a pretty good bundle, interesting that they put the original DR2 on highest tier considering I only got OTR =o

Ventara

Haven't bought a bundle since... The original EA one? BTA usually rises with time or drops? If there's even an observable trend with it.

It depends. This one is probably gonna rise. Games in $1 tier have been bundled before for cheap, so more people likely have them, meaning people who are gonna buy this are mostly gonna go for the BTA tier.

Awesome... bought! I've never even played RE0 so that will be a new game for me... and I quite enjoy RE6 co-op if I can get a friend to buy this as well. It's funny that the quote for RE0 says "3/5 stars", like this is the review they chose to try and convince me to BTA :)

Top Bottom